Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    JimmyV said:
    chiefnjk said:
    devonfz said:
    I find it unlikely they’re gonna fire up the Pearl Jam Touring  machine for just five cities… I think Vegas and Sacramento after Texas and maybe a few shows before Saint Paul?
    I agree with this, even without evidence to the contrary. Just seems kind of out of left field to just do two nights in a few places instead of the traditional arena run of 12-14 shows. Still possible that some of these dates are just holds.
    They did so in 2018.  4 cities, if you can call Missoula a city.  7 shows.  
    But that was spread over a month with each city being billed as its own special occasion. If there is some similar branding coming for this tour it might help to make sense of things. 
    I don’t know what is so difficult to make sense of. They’re a band that doesn’t love to tour, but they’re putting some shows out there for the fans and obviously to make a few bucks.  Spending about 3 weeks in September.  It’s exactly what they did last year, with a similar format to 2018.  Sounds good to me.  
    Last year is more comparable than 2018. If these are special event shows, different story, but I kinda doubt that based on locales. 2018 wasn't a tour. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,330
    GlowGirl said:
    Where's everyone staying for the United Center shows?  I know there isn't much for hotels close to the United Center.
    Marriott at the UIC hospital campus just South of the Blue line station. 
    Same!

I don't know much about Chicago - I was told to stay north of Roosevelt - preferably near the river.  I went for Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown/North Loop/Michigan Ave. It wasn't recommended to me to be too close to UC. Would love to hear more about the area and better options tho.
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    GlowGirl said:
    Where's everyone staying for the United Center shows?  I know there isn't much for hotels close to the United Center.
    Same!

I don't know much about Chicago - I was told to stay north of Roosevelt - preferably near the river.  I went for Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown/North Loop/Michigan Ave. It wasn't recommended to me to be too close to UC. Would love to hear more about the area and better options tho.
    I used to live a few blocks west of the UC.  You don't want to go too far south(past Roosevelt), and don't want to be anywhere west of the UC.  North is good.  There is a lot of nightlife between the UC and downtown, walkable or short cab.  
    There is a hotel by Rush University Medical Center that would be closest probably or anything in west loop would be best.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • Options
    CFO93CFO93 Posts: 158
    GlowGirl said:
    Same!

Me too!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,185
    edited April 2023
    GlowGirl said:
    Same!

If you're not used to cities, that's probably decent advice about UC. If you are, you can take it with a grain of salt. It's not the best area but it's not some hellscape or something either. Probably not even in the top 20 dangerous neighborhood in Chicago. Now, it's a different story if you cross I-90 to the west from there. 

Anywhere within a few miles of United Center is going to be fine. Realistically, these days, if you stay north of 55 you're going to be less likely to have a problem than you would be to crash your car and die on the way to the grocery store. 
    yeah and keep in mind that there will be several thousand people coming and going so walking back to the metro or to your hotel will be fine

I'm curious if the UC has a better uber process now...last time it was ridiculous
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Same!

If you're not used to cities, that's probably decent advice about UC. If you are, you can take it with a grain of salt. It's not the best area but it's not some hellscape or something either. Probably not even in the top 20 dangerous neighborhood in Chicago. Now, it's a different story if you cross I-90 to the west from there. 

Anywhere within a few miles of United Center is going to be fine. Realistically, these days, if you stay north of 55 you're going to be less likely to have a problem than you would be to crash your car and die on the way to the grocery store. 
    This is not true........anywhere within a few blocks of the UC is going to be fine.  If you head west past Western Ave(about 5 blocks west of UC), it won't be good.  There won't be anyone walking from the concert and it's definitely somewhere you don't want to be.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    edited April 2023

• Options
    Kevinman said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Same!

This is not true........anywhere within a few blocks of the UC is going to be fine.  If you head west past Western Ave(about 5 blocks west of UC), it won't be good.  There won't be anyone walking from the concert and it's definitely somewhere you don't want to be.
    Yeah, fair enough. 90 was too liberal. To the east and north, though, there's not much of an issue. 
    Agree, if you stay east and north of UC you should have no problems.  Relatively safe for a big city.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    deagator3deagator3 Posts: 76
    GlowGirl said:
    Same!

The United Center is west of I-90, though.    And, as mentioned above, immediately west of the United Center are the districts/neighborhoods with the most homicides in the city.  
  • Options
    RDC0369RDC0369 Louisiana Posts: 23
    Can anyone tell me the expected DFW dates and arena? 
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 444
    Depends on budget the Hyatt House West Loop is a good option. West Loop is a fun, safe neighborhood with lots of restaurants and bars. A bit different from the typical touristy areas around River North and the Loop which could be good or bad depending on your perspective. It’s walkable to the UC (do it all the time myself) and there are several bars that should be running free shuttles on the day of the show.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    RDC0369 said:
    Can anyone tell me the expected DFW dates and arena? 
    Dickie 
    13/15
  • Options
    deagator3 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Same!

The United Center is west of I-90, though.    And, as mentioned above, immediately west of the United Center are the districts/neighborhoods with the most homicides in the city.  
    The area between 90 and the UC is all pretty much condos/bars/restaurants.  It is west of the UC where the neighborhood is not so safe.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    edited April 2023

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,185
    JBob87 said:
    Depends on budget the Hyatt House West Loop is a good option. West Loop is a fun, safe neighborhood with lots of restaurants and bars. A bit different from the typical touristy areas around River North and the Loop which could be good or bad depending on your perspective. It’s walkable to the UC (do it all the time myself) and there are several bars that should be running free shuttles on the day of the show.
    That's where I booked....that's great info about the shuttles. I hope I remember that
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 444
    Kevinman said:
    deagator3 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Same!

The area between 90 and the UC is all pretty much condos/bars/restaurants.  It is west of the UC where the neighborhood is not so safe.
    Yea. West of the UC is not a good area especially west of Western. But east of the UC is totally fine and east of Ashland is the West Loop which is one of the nicest neighborhoods in the city.
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,613
    So when do people think this thing is going to get announced now?  Is this going to drag out like the rescheduled 2020 shows?
  • Options
    edited April 2023

• Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,394
    So when do people think this thing is going to get announced now?  Is this going to drag out like the rescheduled 2020 shows?
    Next week 
  • Options
    UIC, University of Illinois Chicago, is near United Center, University of Chicago is south and not in the same area.

Easy to misunderstand with all the Us and Cs

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 454
    The Uber situation at UC in Chicago is miles better than where it used to be.  There is a giant staging area right outside the arena ... I've done it several times in the last 6 months for events where i've stayed til the very end and had no problems.  I also have taken the Ashland bus north a number of times and that's super easy too, including once with my 9 year old after a Panic at the Disco show.  Point being, don't worry about finding a hotel super close to UC ... pick a neighborhood you want to be in and go from there.
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,296
    edited April 2023
    deagator3 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Same!

Sorry, when I said "UC" there I was referring to U of Chicago, since the person I was replying to had mentioned staying around there. 
    Big difference between university of Chicago and university of illinois at Chicago as well.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    How many times will they gut us?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    mcgruff10 said:
    until we are out of guts.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,527
    dreaming of Texas BBQ
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,512
    Backspacer was released on 09/20/09. I wouldn't mind getting all of it for Austin N2 on 09/19🙏

Or at least some of the stuff from PJ20 which was released on 09/19/11
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,295
    Kevinman said:
    UIC, University of Illinois Chicago, is near United Center, University of Chicago is south and not in the same area.

Easy to misunderstand with all the Us and Cs
    I'm glad UC what he's saying.
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,330
    Go Animal said:
    Backspacer was released on 09/20/09. I wouldn't mind getting all of it for Austin N2 on 09/19🙏

Or at least some of the stuff from PJ20 which was released on 09/19/11
    This. Hoped for similar 9/20/22 OKC we got 1 song and a scratched song lol. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,671
    mfc2006 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    until we are out of guts.
    Death by 1,000 cuts guts.