The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    vedpunk said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    #TeamDisappointed 
    Trying to stay optimistic but as it looks eventually I'll be right there with you. 
    Same. If the rumors hold true this is the third leg of US dates in support of Gigaton and the entire east coast of the US has gotten TWO. New England, exactly zero. I’m going to be a bit salty if multiple Midwest cities get more than one date and the most populated region of the country had to fight over one show at MSG and one in Camden. 
    Sorry absolutely no sympathy for you.

Sincerely,
    Texas
    Not asking for any. But I’m happy that you’ll get shows. I’ve never had the luxury of seeing them in my home state so congrats. Me wanting shows closer to home doesn’t mean you shouldn’t want shows too. Have a good one. 
    Thanks, fingers crossed.  Anything can happen with this band.  The hints could just be a massive mindfuc for all we know!
    They always keep us guessing haha!
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,657
    PJNB said:
    A new album does not excite me at all. 

New shows that come with a new album? Sure. 

New shows period? Every time.  

Agree.  If Gigaton was erased from existence I wouldn't give it a second thought.  Fine songs on it, but give me the live shows. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    PJNB said:

Agree.  If Gigaton was erased from existence I wouldn't give it a second thought.  Fine songs on it, but give me the live shows. 
    Agreed. Nothing will ever replace those first five albums.  Just give me live shows with diverse setlists that exclude you are.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 937
    PJNB said:

couldn't agree more! 
  • Options
    rivrenrivren Posts: 23
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    #TeamDisappointed 
    Trying to stay optimistic but as it looks eventually I'll be right there with you. 
    Same. If the rumors hold true this is the third leg of US dates in support of Gigaton and the entire east coast of the US has gotten TWO. New England, exactly zero. I’m going to be a bit salty if multiple Midwest cities get more than one date and the most populated region of the country had to fight over one show at MSG and one in Camden. 
    Sorry absolutely no sympathy for you.

Sincerely,
    Texas
    👊🏼
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,999
    Gigaton never had time to grow on me and the songs never had a chance to gel live. I think about Lightning Bolt which sounded roooough that first performance at Wrigley in 2013. Over time it became a live gem. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,868
    I think the term "big news" is being overblown. In a capitalist society things are marketed as big, new, amazing, etc when they are usually just normal. Big is a generic adjective that gets carelessly thrown around all the time.

With that said, I hope it is a big tour with longer sets, cool merchandise and at beautiful venues but am keeping my expectations realistic and not pinning my dreams to one word. Glad they will be out playing some shows!
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,514
    Get_Right said:
    mfc2006 said:
    JimmyV said:
    #TeamDisappointed 
    I'm just having fun... I'm enjoying this thread, and the prospect of a tour being announced, but after the last few years, it doesn't matter as much to me as it used to. 

I'll either see Pearl Jam this year, or I won't. 
    I'm kind of in the same boat. I was so happy to see them in OKC last year because it was drivable. That's what I'm looking for here as well. Most of the shows I've seen were in 98, 2000 or 2003. I didn't see them again until 2009 - I tend to take long breaks from seeing them because life happens. In the meantime, we've seen a ton of other bands that come to where we live. PJ is still easily one of my top 3 all time bands, but the days of me flying or driving all over the country to see them are behind me.

Would love to see them again, but if it's not doable...maybe next year.

I also agree that the "big things coming" could be an album before the end of the year.

All of that being said, the fact that these guys are still writing, recording and touring is amazing. We're a very lucky bunch.

Same. After all these years I do not get hyped up about PJ announcements.  I have been lucky enough to see plenty of great shows. If they come near me or if they are playing somewhere I am going, great. If not no worries. I have generally been slowing down on concerts with the prices getting so expensive.
    I get that, but I'm not there.  My daughter is almost 16.  She has been to see PJ in Rome, Nashville and B&B and she is excited about the possibility of getting to go to another show....so that increases my excitement 

I get it.  My kids are not into rock music at all but that would definitely add excitement to it.  Add PJ to a family trip and that is about as good as it gets.
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 806
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:

Agreed. Nothing will ever replace those first five albums.  Just give me live shows with diverse setlists that exclude you are.  
    Perhaps I'm in minority, I still enjoy the excitement of new material -  new albums and shows heavier on newer songs.  If indeed the "Big News" is new album and limited tour, it'll be a shame (imo) if the Gigaton tunes fall off setlists so soon. 
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,783
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    I think people need to pump the brakes on expectations this tour. If the rumours are accurate and no shows are added there are going to be a lot of disappointed people here. 

5 cities? Can you even call
    that a tour? I think the disappointment would finally be justified if this happens. 

Home/away had four.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    The highs and lows of teasing a fan base.

Can't know what's high...
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    mattcoz said:
    mfc2006 said:

I also agree that the "big things coming" could be an album before the end of the year.
    That would be "big thing", singular. They said "big things", plural. Could be an album and a tour. Could also be new socks, big ones.

PJ thongs for the ladies!

Of course, knowing how PJ sizes women's clothing, ay yi yi!
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    I think people need to pump the brakes on expectations this tour. If the rumours are accurate and no shows are added there are going to be a lot of disappointed people here. 

5 cities? Can you even call
    that a tour? I think the disappointment would finally be justified if this happens. 

Home/away had four.
    Never thought of that as a tour. Seven shows in a month? Those were four related but separate special events. 

• Options
    New album would be great! So few shows supporting Gigaton not so great. Would love more shows with a Gigaton focus personally. 

I at least thought more hints or hype were going to be pushed out if it wasn’t the dates right away.
    I think they’re working on an album, based on the tiniest bits of info.

The Toronto guy spilled those beans. If they weren't...and if no spring tour, then what else could they have been doing?
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,895
    LaFleur said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:

Perhaps I'm in minority, I still enjoy the excitement of new material -  new albums and shows heavier on newer songs.  If indeed the "Big News" is new album and limited tour, it'll be a shame (imo) if the Gigaton tunes fall off setlists so soon. 
    No, I'm with you. I loved the three Gigaton songs I heard in St. Louis and want more. I'm bummed I'll never probably get a chance to hear a lot of songs off albums 6-11. I love all their stuff and each show is dynamic but new material makes it a lot more fun. Just my 2 cents. 
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651

Not today or this week
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    Bunting10 said:

Not today or this week
    Pretty sure that happened last tour. He prematurely put something up and we didn’t get the announcement until a day or more later. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,301
    mattcoz said:
    mfc2006 said:

That would be "big thing", singular. They said "big things", plural. Could be an album and a tour. Could also be new socks, big ones.

PJ thongs for the ladies!

Of course, knowing how PJ sizes women's clothing, ay yi yi!
    PJ Dental Floss. Now that's what I want to wear at a show
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,570
    CP218430 said:
    LaFleur said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:

No, I'm with you. I loved the three Gigaton songs I heard in St. Louis and want more. I'm bummed I'll never probably get a chance to hear a lot of songs off albums 6-11. I love all their stuff and each show is dynamic but new material makes it a lot more fun. Just my 2 cents. 
    I'm in this group as well.  New songs are usually a strange thing for people and sometimes they take a while to gel.  But I like hearing new stuff for the first time.  I like the album tours, where you get 5-6 new songs.  I also like the greatest hits tours, too, where you get a bunch of crowd favorites. I like live music period, I don't care if its something obscure, something new, or Even Flow again.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,570
    Also, I will say this....some songs are best in the studio, too.  Some songs just don't translate well to a live audience. But sound great on an album, in that context. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    1pm comes and goes in silence. 

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,060
    .Monday it is.... UGH
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 635
    Long weekend of waiting for a resurrection.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    I'm running out of decent sad trombone gifs. 
    Barrie - '98
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    Has a tour ever been announced in the newsletter on the 10th? I cannot recall that happening.

I remember a tour being announced on Sirius PJ Radio - I *think* it was the midwestern 2014 tour, but I could def be wrong on that.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,166
    ddeschler said:
    Long weekend of waiting for a resurrection.
    We're having a nice ham for zombie day
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Has a tour ever been announced in the newsletter on the 10th? I cannot recall that happening.

I remember a tour being announced on Sirius PJ Radio - I *think* it was the midwestern 2014 tour, but I could def be wrong on that.
    I don't know if it has ever happened. But that email on Monday seems so unnecessary now, unless they were getting some stuff out of the way because this coming Monday will be unusual. 

• Options

Jan 2020 there was no newsletter on the 10th - it was a "coming soon" message only and then album + tour announcement on the 13th.  Perhaps we get similar Monday. 
    Barrie - '98
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,011
    JimmyV said:
    Gigaton never had time to grow on me and the songs never had a chance to gel live. I think about Lightning Bolt which sounded roooough that first performance at Wrigley in 2013. Over time it became a live gem. 
    Gigaton actually had more time to grow on me than other recent (“recent”) albums because of the delay in touring - no shows means no boots, so I think I became a lot more familiar with the studio versions of the Gigaton songs instead of replacing them more or less immediately with live versions. 
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    JimmyV said:
    Gigaton actually had more time to grow on me than other recent (“recent”) albums because of the delay in touring - no shows means no boots, so I think I became a lot more familiar with the studio versions of the Gigaton songs instead of replacing them more or less immediately with live versions. 
    So true.  I listened to Gigaton more than any album in as long as i can remember when it came out.  The timing and events at the time certainly played big part in that. 
    Barrie - '98
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22