Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 679
    LaFleur said:
    Has a tour ever been announced in the newsletter on the 10th? I cannot recall that happening.

I remember a tour being announced on Sirius PJ Radio - I *think* it was the midwestern 2014 tour, but I could def be wrong on that.
    Jan 2020 there was no newsletter on the 10th - it was a "coming soon" message only and then album + tour announcement on the 13th.  Perhaps we get similar Monday. 
    Wasn’t that one the GPS pins for the billboards? Or was that a separate email?
  • Options
    kmcmanus said:
    LaFleur said:
    Has a tour ever been announced in the newsletter on the 10th? I cannot recall that happening.

I remember a tour being announced on Sirius PJ Radio - I *think* it was the midwestern 2014 tour, but I could def be wrong on that.
    Jan 2020 there was no newsletter on the 10th - it was a "coming soon" message only and then album + tour announcement on the 13th.  Perhaps we get similar Monday. 
    Yes. Looking through old emails now and that's what Jan 2020's partial newsletter contained.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,893
    edited April 2023
    ddeschler said:
    Long weekend of waiting for a resurrection.
    Back up in yo ass with the resurrection

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,514
    kmcmanus said:
    LaFleur said:

Yes. Looking through old emails now and that's what Jan 2020's partial newsletter contained.
    You have old 10C emails from 2020? wow
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,781

I think you're right on the SiriusXM post.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    kmcmanus said:
    LaFleur said:

I have some from 2004 - 2005 where the "Rumour Pit" emails came from Kats AOL email address :) 

..and pretty much every email since then

• Options
    kmcmanus said:
    LaFleur said:

Don't think I've ever deleted an email from 10C/PJ.

Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    kmcmanus said:
    LaFleur said:

Obsessed much?
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    kmcmanus said:
    LaFleur said:

Same
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    kmcmanus said:
    LaFleur said:

Yup. For some reason I have saved most if not all. I did change my email addy affiliated with 10c years ago, so I may even have some older ones from before 2014 on an old laptop.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    kmcmanus said:
    LaFleur said:

Obsessed much?
    Ha kind of like any of us *cough*  here commenting on a rumour thread in the middle of the day? :)  I don't delete any email for the most part. One email has over 350,000 email

• Options
    euchrid said:
    kmcmanus said:
    LaFleur said:

I have some from 2004 - 2005 where the "Rumour Pit" emails came from Kats AOL email address :) 

..and pretty much every email since then

Now I want to see if I can find my confirmation email from when I bought the Benaroya box set. I remember thinking, damn, $49 is a lot to spend on some records... my how times have changed.

• Options
    edited April 2023
    kmcmanus said:
    LaFleur said:

Obsessed much?
    Um, yeah, I am. Why else would I be a member since ‘94 and monitoring a message board for the possibility of the smallest hint so I can start planning travels for a band I’ve seen over 100 times?
  • Options
    js87130js87130 Posts: 88
    I know that people were speculating that ACL would be a part of the possible tour announcement but I think it might be pretty early for that.  ACL announced their lineup last year on May 10th.
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,332
    CP218430 said:
    LaFleur said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    A new album does not excite me at all. 

New shows that come with a new album? Sure. 

New shows period? Every time.  

Agree.  If Gigaton was erased from existence I wouldn't give it a second thought.  Fine songs on it, but give me the live shows. 
    Agreed. Nothing will ever replace those first five albums.  Just give me live shows with diverse setlists that exclude you are.  
    Perhaps I'm in minority, I still enjoy the excitement of new material -  new albums and shows heavier on newer songs.  If indeed the "Big News" is new album and limited tour, it'll be a shame (imo) if the Gigaton tunes fall off setlists so soon. 
    No, I'm with you. I loved the three Gigaton songs I heard in St. Louis and want more. I'm bummed I'll never probably get a chance to hear a lot of songs off albums 6-11. I love all their stuff and each show is dynamic but new material makes it a lot more fun. Just my 2 cents. 
    I really lucked out with Gigaton seeing them at SHN and both Ohana encore shows in 2021. I think they played 6-7 songs each show and I got to hear a lot of my favorites. They didn’t feature it nearly as much on last year’s tour. 
  • Options
    CooterCooter Posts: 153
    drfox said:
    I still think the album will be released around the time of the tour (or just after). Sort of fits in with the way the band was so quiet in the last 3-4 months, the snippets from Andrew Watt etc. Plus lead time on vinyl production is around 6 months? Falls nicely with a September/October tour.
    Just to sort of pull back the curtain back a bit here, Gigaton was set up at distribution on January 15, 2020 (PJ's video announcement was on January 13, 2020) and released on March 27, 2020. so roughly a two-month solicitation. Now, there is nothing that is normal in the music world. In the last few years, artists have dropped albums with only a week's turnaround (thanks Taylor!) and others get pushed/delayed...mostly vinyl delays, but with the new plant coming on line, the vinyl delay has gotten much better.

That's all to say that IF Pearl Jam is planning a new album this year, you should be thinking about two months from an announcement. 

OK, that's it. Ignore the man behind the curtain, there's nothing to see here.

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,213
    steven87 said:
    CP218430 said:
    LaFleur said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    A new album does not excite me at all. 

New shows that come with a new album? Sure. 

New shows period? Every time.  

Agree.  If Gigaton was erased from existence I wouldn't give it a second thought.  Fine songs on it, but give me the live shows. 
    Agreed. Nothing will ever replace those first five albums.  Just give me live shows with diverse setlists that exclude you are.  
    Perhaps I'm in minority, I still enjoy the excitement of new material -  new albums and shows heavier on newer songs.  If indeed the "Big News" is new album and limited tour, it'll be a shame (imo) if the Gigaton tunes fall off setlists so soon. 
    No, I'm with you. I loved the three Gigaton songs I heard in St. Louis and want more. I'm bummed I'll never probably get a chance to hear a lot of songs off albums 6-11. I love all their stuff and each show is dynamic but new material makes it a lot more fun. Just my 2 cents. 
    I really lucked out with Gigaton seeing them at SHN and both Ohana encore shows in 2021. I think they played 6-7 songs each show and I got to hear a lot of my favorites. They didn’t feature it nearly as much on last year’s tour. 
    I have seen all songs on Gigaton except for Buckle Up and Comes Then Goes. So, that is not bad.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,439
    I think the term "big news" is being overblown. In a capitalist society things are marketed as big, new, amazing, etc when they are usually just normal. Big is a generic adjective that gets carelessly thrown around all the time.

With that said, I hope it is a big tour with longer sets, cool merchandise and at beautiful venues but am keeping my expectations realistic and not pinning my dreams to one word. Glad they will be out playing some shows!
    A tour is big news. If that's not sufficient for someone they should look inward instead of moaning about capitalism.
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    kmcmanus said:
    LaFleur said:

Ha. I have 10C emails from as early as 2010. Figure that must have been around the time I became so inundated with daily emails that I stopped reading most of them and stopped deleting any of them. Currently at 95,462 unread emails in my inbox -- for some it's not about "saving" emails, it's about not having the time to deal with all the shit that fills up the inbox constantly. 
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,781
    Cooter said:
    drfox said:
    I still think the album will be released around the time of the tour (or just after). Sort of fits in with the way the band was so quiet in the last 3-4 months, the snippets from Andrew Watt etc. Plus lead time on vinyl production is around 6 months? Falls nicely with a September/October tour.
    Just to sort of pull back the curtain back a bit here, Gigaton was set up at distribution on January 15, 2020 (PJ's video announcement was on January 13, 2020) and released on March 27, 2020. so roughly a two-month solicitation. Now, there is nothing that is normal in the music world. In the last few years, artists have dropped albums with only a week's turnaround (thanks Taylor!) and others get pushed/delayed...mostly vinyl delays, but with the new plant coming on line, the vinyl delay has gotten much better.

That's all to say that IF Pearl Jam is planning a new album this year, you should be thinking about two months from an announcement. 

OK, that's it. Ignore the man behind the curtain, there's nothing to see here.

Speaking of Taylor Swift, I saw how her stage dive thing is getting attention. Apparently there's a hole made in the stage and she dives into it. Her fans were going nuts about it while trying to figure out how it happens.

It turns out, there's a giant airbag that inflates. If you know where to look, you can see a red light and then the green light which indicates to her it's ok to jump.

Of course, her fans are going absolutely berzerk over this... Someone was mentioned in the article "a 1300 out of 10!"

Me, I'm just flashing back to when Eddie smashed the shit out of the stage with the mic stand, when he dove off the boom cam and, of course, when Krist Novoselic's bass finally slapped back.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    ddeschler said:
    How a resurrection really feels
  • Options
    verceman said:
    ddeschler said:
    How a resurrection really feels
    Hey, a band I definitely WILL be seeing this year!
  • Options
    I just have this really good feeling about getting a newsletter of sorts on Monday, the 10th - be it the timely reminder of Record Store Day or much, much more than what we already know.  And yet, I'll keep refreshing this thread because I'm bought into the hype and the excitement that comes with the anticipation in the meantime.

At least one thing will "Give Way" in April... (ok, I'll see myself out now. lol)

• Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,494
    kmcmanus said:
    LaFleur said:

I have 10c emails from 2003. Don't judge😏
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,038
    Mmmmm. Can’t wait for that THS/D4/TMG show
  • Options
    Guess I should have been saving since 07? Although not sure why I would.....not a fan of clutter
  • Options
    Mmmmm. Can’t wait for that THS/D4/TMG show
    THS/Dino Jr for me actually 
  • Options
    All i know is that I am just getting so very excited to take my youngest son to his first PJ concert.  He is also pumped... wherever they go, we will be at one of them (at least).  If they are close to Texas then the whole family will be attending at least one.
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options
    rivren said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    #TeamDisappointed 
    Trying to stay optimistic but as it looks eventually I'll be right there with you. 
    Same. If the rumors hold true this is the third leg of US dates in support of Gigaton and the entire east coast of the US has gotten TWO. New England, exactly zero. I’m going to be a bit salty if multiple Midwest cities get more than one date and the most populated region of the country had to fight over one show at MSG and one in Camden. 
    Sorry absolutely no sympathy for you.

Sincerely,
    Texas
    👊🏼
    LOL, fellow Texan here... no Fuc.....I mean sympathies given...
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options
    All i know is that I am just getting so very excited to take my youngest son to his first PJ concert.  He is also pumped... wherever they go, we will be at one of them (at least).  If they are close to Texas then the whole family will be attending at least one.
    Then I guess you're all going