Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    edited April 2023
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    I think people need to pump the brakes on expectations this tour. If the rumours are accurate and no shows are added there are going to be a lot of disappointed people here. 

5 cities? Can you even call
    that a tour? I think the disappointment would finally be justified if this happens. 
    The length of the tour is longer than 2018's and shorter than 2014's by the looks of it. It is Pearl Jam playing shows though and I will take that over them not which a lot of people had them doing this year. 
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 683
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    I think people need to pump the brakes on expectations this tour. If the rumours are accurate and no shows are added there are going to be a lot of disappointed people here. 

that a tour? I think the disappointment would finally be justified if this happens. 
    It was probably a mistake to say “big things are coming” in the email unless actual big things are indeed coming. 5 Midwest cities plus a handful of festivals is not big. Hopefully there’s more to it somehow but the rumors are what they are.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    JP218404 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Another reason to keep the MMRBQ possibly going. In previous years they gave out tickets like crazy. Now you only get a pair if you win the Concert Cash contest. Harder to win because they will be in high demand. 
    No chance.  Made in America is much more likely if they are doing a festival.  No way MMR could meet their price.  
    MMR doesn’t have to meet their price to just throw their logos on the show.  They can agree with the band to throw a couple opening acts on the bill and that’s it. 
    why would PJ do that? they can sell out any arena of any size in the Philly area.  The teaser video showed Philly skyline. MMRBQ is not in Philly but Camden. the MMRBQ is not happening with PJ. There is about a .000001 % chance of that. Just put that thought completely out of your mind.  MIA, Wells Fargo, or CBP are the only logical choices if it's happening at all. 
    I am not saying they are not playing Philly or Camden but if you look at the video again they have Minneapolis and Indianapolis on it and they are likely playing St Paul and Noblesville. Also same could be said for Dallas. 

Philly makes no sense this tour. Driving halfway across the country for a show or two after hitting that area last year while skipping out on the rest of the east coast would be a head scratcher. Maybe if its a fest like MIA but other than that it really makes zero sense. 
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,086
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:

I think the only way that is ok is if they announce a full tour is coming next year with new record. (they won't)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    PJNB said:
    pjhawks said:
    JP218404 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Another reason to keep the MMRBQ possibly going. In previous years they gave out tickets like crazy. Now you only get a pair if you win the Concert Cash contest. Harder to win because they will be in high demand. 
    No chance.  Made in America is much more likely if they are doing a festival.  No way MMR could meet their price.  
    MMR doesn’t have to meet their price to just throw their logos on the show.  They can agree with the band to throw a couple opening acts on the bill and that’s it. 
    why would PJ do that? they can sell out any arena of any size in the Philly area.  The teaser video showed Philly skyline. MMRBQ is not in Philly but Camden. the MMRBQ is not happening with PJ. There is about a .000001 % chance of that. Just put that thought completely out of your mind.  MIA, Wells Fargo, or CBP are the only logical choices if it's happening at all. 
    I am not saying they are not playing Philly or Camden but if you look at the video again they have Minneapolis and Indianapolis on it and they are likely playing St Paul and Noblesville. Also same could be said for Dallas. 

Philly makes no sense this tour. Driving halfway across the country for a show or two after hitting that area last year while skipping out on the rest of the east coast would be a head scratcher. Maybe if its a fest like MIA but other than that it really makes zero sense. 
    Sea hear now would like to have a word with you.  ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    pjhawks said:
    JP218404 said:
    pjhawks said:

Sea hear now would like to have a word with you.  ;)
    Festival... 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,671
    #TeamDisappointed 
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    PJNB said:
    pjhawks said:
    JP218404 said:
    pjhawks said:

exactly. Philly was either a mistake or a festival, or all the rumors about the tour are completely wrong and it is a much bigger tour

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,532
    This is like "...nobody's right if everybody's wrong"....(For What It's Worth)
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    Doug87 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Is 2 viking stadium or us bank stadium
    Hard to say for sure but definitely looks possible maybe even probable to me

The pavilion in Houston is a closer match than that:

Photos at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion

With that said... I personnally think some of those images are just random stock... not everyone is meant to reflect a major city. 

There is no way they are playing 18 dates.

More likely this is 8-10 cites, starting in Chicago and finishing at ACL. And ACL does not allow headliners to play should in Dallas / Houston / San Antonio.

8 shows + two ACL gigs will pay their staff for the year.

I don't think I can stomach ACL anymore... I'm in Austin 2 or 3 times a month lately... the city isn't what it used to be... just another major american city now... 
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,512
    PJNB said:
    ☝️☝️☝️☝️
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    shep said:
    Doug87 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Is 2 viking stadium or us bank stadium
    Hard to say for sure but definitely looks possible maybe even probable to me

The pavilion in Houston is a closer match than that:

Photos at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion

With that said... I personnally think some of those images are just random stock... not everyone is meant to reflect a major city. 

There is no way they are playing 18 dates.

More likely this is 8-10 cites, starting in Chicago and finishing at ACL. And ACL does not allow headliners to play should in Dallas / Houston / San Antonio.

8 shows + two ACL gigs will pay their staff for the year.

I don't think I can stomach ACL anymore... I'm in Austin 2 or 3 times a month lately... the city isn't what it used to be... just another major american city now... 
    I think it’s probably Moody for Austin, timeline complications and multiple Dallas references indicate Dallas is happening so if ACL would prohibit that then ACL is almost certainly out.
  • Options
    kmcmanus said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:

It was probably a mistake to say “big things are coming” in the email unless actual big things are indeed coming. 5 Midwest cities plus a handful of festivals is not big. Hopefully there’s more to it somehow but the rumors are what they are.
    Big things doesn’t have be related to a tour.

Big things can easily be a new album before the end of the year with a large tour to follow in 2024 that may not be announced in 2023.
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    I'm thinking #2 is an old shot of their 2014 visit to Wuhlheide in Berlin. It's not a stadium. In the vid, there's a guy rigging lights on one of the supports. The beams dont match up with the Houston one. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:

I’m not prepared to say that it is only 5 cities for sure, but it certainly isn’t going to be much more imo.

I will be shocked if it meets or exceeds 10 cities.

Based on past history, I’ll be surprised if they play beyond very late August into very early October (unless doing ACL).
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,185
    Doug87 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:

Big things can easily be a new album before the end of the year with a large tour to follow in 2024 that may not be announced in 2023.
    That would be my guess....new album coming

Kind of odd to tour before a release but they have done that before as well
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,473
    Doug87 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:

The 28th anniversary of Merkin Ball is in December so could be a lot of hoopla for that
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    Doug87 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    So I'm thinking the United Center is pretty close to Alpine.  So I don't think 4 is Alpine.  There were rumors about Boston and then Mansfield. Is it the Xfinity center?  I wish zooming in can show me a couple or Red Sox hats or something, but I can't make them out.  It has a feel for the Xfinity Center though, no?  
    That’s an interesting thought. Maybe. Certainly was rumored. I’m not familiar enough with the venue to even assess but even so it was hard to tell.

looking like maybe

Minnesota 2 shows 

would be 12-14 shows or so total and a month worth of touring

It's very unlikely that Minneapolis gets 2 shows.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Also, I wonder if they put the United Center in the clip specifically so we all aren’t worried about having to do Northerly  =);)

Looks like the only city where they put the specific venue other than Noblesville and they put it in twice (Jordan Statue and side of the UC).
  • Options
    BeerBaron said:
    Doug87 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    So I'm thinking the United Center is pretty close to Alpine.  So I don't think 4 is Alpine.  There were rumors about Boston and then Mansfield. Is it the Xfinity center?  I wish zooming in can show me a couple or Red Sox hats or something, but I can't make them out.  It has a feel for the Xfinity Center though, no?  
    That’s an interesting thought. Maybe. Certainly was rumored. I’m not familiar enough with the venue to even assess but even so it was hard to tell.

looking like maybe

Minnesota 2 shows 

I’d normally agree, just found it odd that Lost in Ohio said multiple cities getting 2 nights.

Outside of Chicago, not many cities in that clip that I’d imagine getting two nights so I don’t know.
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 920
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:

I think at this point any thing is considered a tour for them. They play possibly the least amount of shows of any active band that is that big of a draw. Not complaining, but maybe even 5 shows a year would be great rather than skipping whole years
  • Options
    Doug87 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:

That would be my guess....new album coming

Kind of odd to tour before a release but they have done that before as well
    Maybe looking to give Gigaton it’s due before turning the page given COVID and all the related implications?
  • Options
    KN219077 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:

I think at this point any thing is considered a tour for them. They play possibly the least amount of shows of any active band that is that big of a draw. Not complaining, but maybe even 5 shows a year would be great rather than skipping whole years
    As a Neil Young fan, let me just say YES! (uses that touring model of smaller series of shows periodically).
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    Doug87 said:
    BeerBaron said:
    Doug87 said:
    Bunting10 said:

looking like maybe

Minnesota 2 shows 

I’d normally agree, just found it odd that Lost in Ohio said multiple cities getting 2 nights.

Outside of Chicago, not many cities in that clip that I’d imagine getting two nights so I don’t know.
    I agree but multiple likely means 2 or 3 given that this is a 12-13 show tour max.  We know Chicago is one of them.  Philly is likely another if they are playing arena shows there.  Who knows what the 3rd could be, if there is one.  
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    KN219077 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:

On that note..........haven't the Red Hot Chili Peppers been on tour for over a year now?
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,366
    Kevinman said:
    KN219077 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:

On that note..........haven't the Red Hot Chili Peppers been on tour for over a year now?
    A massive tour. Scheduled at least through July as of now
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    #TeamDisappointed 
    Trying to stay optimistic but as it looks eventually I'll be right there with you. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,394
    Don't think we get an announcement until next week. 
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Don't think we get an announcement until next week. 
    I think I agree.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,366
    I’m being patient because I believe it’s coming soon but I am starting to wonder if something major happened or changed behind the scenes
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted)