*** SAN DIEGO 2022 SETLIST THREAD ***

167891012»

Comments

• Habit4meHabit4me Posts: 155
    Someone said the show was late to start because fans were in traffic. The fans were in traffic because there is a lackluster opener. What do you not comprehend? How does it make zero sense?

We aren't required to watch the opener and hopefully the rest of the sets aren't late because 80% of the arena doesn't want to watch pluralone. We would rather be in traffic or drinking cheap beer.  I offered a solution to get us in earlier if that is the desire. 
    What the F are you even talking about dude? LOL

Just stop.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    danpenksa said:
    Pit seemed full but maybe not a ton of energy.  I wasn't in it, so maybe my opinion isnt worth much, but looked very tame.  Crowd in general was tame, with a huge number of empty seats during the encore (typical for San Diego crowds in general IMO, trying to "beat traffic").  House lights were on during Alive and seas of people leaving while Mike is ripping the solo to that song - that was sad to see. 
    Well after spending the night camping out and waiting all day in the sun, I would almost expect there not to be a ton of energy in the pit. The venues should eliminate anyone being able to lineup until like 10am day of the show at the earliest. 
    Sure seems like a good idea to me. I can't imagine it's motivating for the band when they're trying to rock out as hard as they can and the people they can see are just standing there showing little energy. 
    Agreed x 2.  Anyone who camped out or even got there in the early afternoon made a mistake.  The pit at Viejas is small and it was far from packed.  We walked in right before the opener and could have got far side rail if we wanted, or gotten within pick throwing distance if we wanted to be closer to the middle.  The best part about GA was the easy access to the bathroom and food/beverage area.  
    Nobody wants extreme side rail. Worse spot in the whole pit. 

• mshnaydermshnayder Posts: 106
    mshnayder said:
    Habit4me said:
    I don't get the whole 15 minute delay due to traffic comment. Ed did a song exactly at 7:30, followed by Plural One starting at 7:34.

Did the other members of the band just hop in their cars and drive to the venue right before the show started?

I took an Uber from Gas Lamp district around 6pm and was in the venue at 6:45 (after grabbing some merch from one of the tents)
    It’s not the band that was stuck in traffic, it was fans.  They’re not gonna start playing while people are trying to get in and cause a stampede. 
    So the entire tour gets to suffer because they have an opening act that many people have no desire to see? RHCP worst albums all had josh. His music caters to an extremely small niche market that doesnt overlap with PJ.

I will take $5 beers outside before I take $12 beers inside and sit through 30 minutes of music I dont care for.

Better bust out the 6pm acoustic set to get us in early. 
    this post makes zero sense and was just made so some entitled person could bitch
    Someone said the show was late to start because fans were in traffic. The fans were in traffic because there is a lackluster opener. What do you not comprehend? How does it make zero sense?

We aren't required to watch the opener and hopefully the rest of the sets aren't late because 80% of the arena doesn't want to watch pluralone. We would rather be in traffic or drinking cheap beer.  I offered a solution to get us in earlier if that is the desire. 
    You're embarrassing yourself. please stop. "Rather be in traffic" what are you even saying lol

The band has always gone on stage somewhere around 8:15-8:30. The opener isn't cutting their set list short. 2 hours 45 minutes is a very normal time for them.
  • C D NC D N Posts: 29
    edited May 2022
    I guess the days of 30 songs are over. I thought maybe the 2021 shows were shorter due to the festivals but now i'm concerned.
    They played for two hours and 44 minutes on the first night of a tour after being away for most of the last three years. What is it you’re “concerned” about?
    Concerned that we are in for shorter shows going forward. I don't care how long they were on stage for, 23 songs is a short Pearl Jam show.
    This may surprise you but you’re not actually entitled to a certain number of songs per show. You can always just not go if the setlists start falling short of your criteria. 
    Where did I state I was entitled to a certain amount of songs per show or that I was not going to attend because the shows are a little shorter than in previous years?

Take a chill pill. Eddie isn't going to send you a love letter for being the great super defender on the message board.
    [Name calling deleted by Moderator] My letter took 1.5 hours to read. And the p.s. another 1.5 hours.
    Single spaced micro type font. 

Hopefully you change, 23 songs and 3 hours is plenty. 
    Some songs are worth 20minutes.

They did put JAM 
    In the name of band. 

Post edited by Sea on
  • lowbudgetlushlowbudgetlush Posts: 611
    I don’t understand why some are getting so damn defensive. Remove 2 of the hits and throw in immortality and in hiding and I don’t think people would be complaining. It’s not the length but the song selection. I personally am happy all the gigaton tracks are getting played. 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    I don’t understand why some are getting so damn defensive. Remove 2 of the hits and throw in immortality and in hiding and I don’t think people would be complaining. It’s not the length but the song selection. I personally am happy all the gigaton tracks are getting played. 
    Agree.  It was a great night.  I guess to some the concert can be judged by words on a piece of paper.  To me, it's much more about the feeling at the show.  It's why the one show I didn't completely enjoy myself at was Hampton, VA cause of the Raleigh cancellation and weird vibe.

Sand Diego was terrific.  Bookend of their current career with a lot of Ten and Gigaton.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,011
    Please remember to Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.
    Thank you

• mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,333
    Sea said:
    Please remember to Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.
    Thank you

Thanks for the reminder Sea!  It's so sad to see how abusive and trolling things get around here.  Totally not what this band is about.  At the shows, everyone is amazing.  But on this board....Yikes!