Options

PJ Tour Merch 2022

Comments

• Options
    laughingdaylaughingday Posts: 53
    do they have license plates at each show or was that an LA thing only?

1996- New York - Downing Stadium
    1998- Tibetan Freedom Concert
    2000- Seattle
    2005 - Vancouver
    2009- Vancouver
    2011-Vancouver
    2013 - Vancouver
    2016 - Ottawa
    2016 - Toronto 1
    2016 - Toronto 2
    2018 - Seattle 1
    2018 - Seattle 2
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,023
    KG3962 said:
    I’m going to the Phoenix show and want a poster. I have to get my son from daycare at 4pm and pick up my friend that’s going with me. I’ll be free from like noon until 3pm though…

Any chance I’d be able to get a poster if I show up at the outdoor merch stand when it opens at 1pm? Or will there already be a crazy long line and they’ll all sell out before it’s my turn?
    Ya you'll be able to get one.  You'll just have to wait in line a bit but it does move pretty good.  They had 4 or 5 registers going at the outdoor booth in LA. Poster never sold out at the outdoor booth on either night in LA. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    KG3962KG3962 Posts: 4
    JojoRice said:
    KG3962 said:
    I’m going to the Phoenix show and want a poster. I have to get my son from daycare at 4pm and pick up my friend that’s going with me. I’ll be free from like noon until 3pm though…

Any chance I’d be able to get a poster if I show up at the outdoor merch stand when it opens at 1pm? Or will there already be a crazy long line and they’ll all sell out before it’s my turn?
    Ya you'll be able to get one.  You'll just have to wait in line a bit but it does move pretty good.  They had 4 or 5 registers going at the outdoor booth in LA. Poster never sold out at the outdoor booth on either night in LA. 
    JojoRice said:
    KG3962 said:

Awesome. Thanks!
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    as someone who waited in line for the merch tent for LA1 id say don’t even do it. i got the poster and event t shirt in like 30 seconds inside at the Forum once doors opened. ill be doing the same in Vegas, it was super easy.
    Only reason to hit early merch is so you don't have to carry a tube the whole show. You could probably get the poster on the way out though 
    +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,090
    KM73780 said:

We have a winner.  I love this. This will sell out 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,704
    KM73780 said:

I'd say this would be stunning in hand
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    KM73780 said:

I bet it is. I really love BK.
    This is my kind of poster 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    bradklausenbradklausen Posts: 366
    Kearn5y said:
    KM73780 said:

really wanted to use some metallic inks, but years ago ev in passing once said he was not a fan of the "glitter"... and I want him to like the posters too! But the blue or the orange would have looked great in metallic on this one. I think ft. lauderdale 2016 was the last pj print I used metallics on, worked great too for the water... I like the shiney..... cue shiny song 
  • Options
    thebettermanthebetterman Posts: 657
    Kearn5y said:
    KM73780 said:

really wanted to use some metallic inks, but years ago ev in passing once said he was not a fan of the "glitter"... and I want him to like the posters too! But the blue or the orange would have looked great in metallic on this one. I think ft. lauderdale 2016 was the last pj print I used metallics on, worked great too for the water... I like the shiney..... cue shiny song 
    What a legend, dropping in on his poster day.  You should have seen Ed's jacket from this 2nd LA show, he might have changed his mind about the glitter.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,121
    Kearn5y said:
    KM73780 said:

The explain his jacket at LA2...I think he's changed his mind ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,051
    Kearn5y said:
    KM73780 said:

GEMS & RHINESTONES!!! (love the poster, BK)
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    Kearn5y said:
    KM73780 said:

What a legend, dropping in on his poster day.  You should have seen Ed's jacket from this 2nd LA show, he might have changed his mind about the glitter.
    oh yeah, my sis was at that show and told me he said to some lady "you can't out sparkle the lead singer" then put on a sparkly jacket...you might be right! 

I don't know if it's a legendary move to stop by and read the reviews! mostly the move of an insecure artist sticking his head out the window to see what the weather is like....is it sunny or am I gonna walk around today like George Micheal on Arrested Development and collapse on the floor 

"her?" 

• Options
    Kearn5y said:
    KM73780 said:

oh yeah, my sis was at that show and told me he said to some lady "you can't out sparkle the lead singer" then put on a sparkly jacket...you might be right! 

I don't know if it's a legendary move to stop by and read the reviews! mostly the move of an insecure artist sticking his head out the window to see what the weather is like....is it sunny or am I gonna walk around today like George Micheal on Arrested Development and collapse on the floor 

"her?" 

I have your  dusseldorf as a tattoo. Big fan.  No need for insecurity  here. Great job on this. Metallic always  adds something.  Sperry oslo with the 2 eyeballs had glitter and it just took it to another level. Keep it up brad
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Kearn5y said:
    KM73780 said:

"her?" 

I have your  dusseldorf as a tattoo. Big fan.  No need for insecurity  here. Great job on this. Metallic always  adds something.  Sperry oslo with the 2 eyeballs had glitter and it just took it to another level. Keep it up brad
    I agree... love metallics in most things... had this old 69 Ford Bronco I wish I never sold... when I first got it, my step dad took it to a guy he knows who paints cars and mentioned there would be metallic flake in this midnight blue paint and I was all worried about it, cause at that point I was younger and hadn't seen many older cars tricked out with nice paint jobs... but it looked sooooo good. Nice deep beautiful blue with a little white pin stripe, and the metallic flake just took it to a whole other level. 

that old bronco seemed to know when I got my paycheck though... every two weeks, be driving fine, til payday... then you'd be driving home, hear some clunk or it'd sound off...and I'd always think "how does it know I just got paid today??" 
  • Options
    Go Animal said:
    Kearn5y said:
    KM73780 said:

GEMS & RHINESTONES!!! (love the poster, BK)
    I can use that next time! "Glitter...? It's just blanketed with gems and rhinestones" 
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,116
    bradklausen said:
    is it sunny or am I gonna walk around today like George Micheal on Arrested Development and collapse on the floor 

"her?" 
    Way to plant!

In all seriousness though, love this print. Out of curiosity, do you get any sort of artistic direction, or is it purely a personal decision to make the print somewhat relevant to the locale (like with the desert theme of this print)?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,040
    edited May 2022
    There are probably not any 10 Years fans in here but the singer came out in a fur vest and he said “I bet y’all weren’t ready for me to come out in a fucking fur vest.” So forget sparkles, can we get a poster with some fur?
  • Options
    GP179117GP179117 Posts: 362
    I'm loving the event tshirts and stickers this tour!  
    Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,331
    Nice poster by Brad, best of the four so far on this tour.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    Midnight blue and dark plum purple  with glitter  cant be beat. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited May 2022
    bradklausen said:
    is it sunny or am I gonna walk around today like George Micheal on Arrested Development and collapse on the floor 

"her?" 
    Way to plant!

In all seriousness though, love this print. Out of curiosity, do you get any sort of artistic direction, or is it purely a personal decision to make the print somewhat relevant to the locale (like with the desert theme of this print)?
    there's usually a loose art direction to try and tie in the city somehow, but it's stated that that is not required.

If I can tie in the city / locale  in someway, I try too, but I often don't want to be boxed in by trying to make an image that is a travel poster for a city... it's a poster for a band, for their live music, so I want to try and make it about the music / band first and foremost, what that music makes me feel or see in my head when I hear it, and if there's a way to incorporate the city or the history of the city or the geography or any folklore or myths about the city, and it works with a bigger concept then I like having that added aspect to the piece. 

When it works well I think it really makes for a great gigposter... but when artists are just trying to reference a city just to reference it and the poster becomes more about a city and not a gigposter interpreting the music, then I find it less effective and interesting. 

Plus gigposters are one of the areas where you just let an artist's and their imagination run wild... what wild and out there imagery that no one has ever seen can you come up when you listen to a band's music or see their live performance... sky is the limit and artists can really explore interesting out there concepts and ideas.... and making an image about a city is not as creatively riveting as the ideas swirling inside the mind's of artists....  when it's just about the city, it's kinda one dimensional to me... but if the reference to the city is just one component to a bigger concept then I think it's great. 
    Post edited by bradklausen on
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    bradklausen said:

"her?" 
    Way to plant!

there's usually a loose art direction to try and tie in the city somehow, but it's stated that that is not required.

If I can tie in the city / locale  in someway, I try too, but I often don't want to be boxed in by trying to make an image that is a travel poster for a city... it's a poster for a band, for their live music, so I want to try and make it about the music / band first and foremost, what that music makes me feel or see in my head when I hear it, and if there's a way to incorporate the city or the history of the city or the geography or any folklore or myths about the city, and it works with a bigger concept then I like having that added aspect to the piece. 

When it works well I think it really makes for a great gigposter... but when artists are just trying to reference a city just to reference it and the poster becomes more about a city and not a gigposter interpreting the music, then I find it less effective and interesting. 

Plus gigposters are one of the areas where you just let an artist's and their imagination run wild... what wild and out there imagery that no one has ever seen can you come up when you listen to a band's music or see their live performance... sky is the limit and artists can really explore interesting out there concepts and ideas.... and making an image about a city is not as creatively riveting as the ideas swirling inside the mind's of artists....  when it's just about the city, it's kinda one dimensional to me... but if the reference to the city is just one component to a bigger concept then I think it's great. 
    for example, i think Zeb's poster is a great way to incorporate the city... LA and the tar pits, it speaks to ideas about the environment, about paternal relationships (with the mom and bear cub) so it not only references LA, but also gigaton ideas and themes.. so it ties in the city and the music / band 
    Post edited by bradklausen on
  • Options
    True  by far. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    hey thanks! I was at pj 20 too 
  • Options
    KM73780 said:
    There are probably not any 10 Years fans in here but the singer came out in a fur vest and he said “I bet y’all weren’t ready for me to come out in a fucking fur vest.” So forget sparkles, can we get a poster with some fur?
    I like it! Like those books for little kids that have little swathes of things to touch, like fur or something.... the printers would hate it! 

okay.... I prolly should go deal with the day here...proklaustinating on tending to the lawn that needs mowing and many other things that require my attention... oh internet.....you're the worst / best? 
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,116
    bradklausen said:

"her?" 
    Way to plant!

for example, i think Zeb's poster is a great way to incorporate the city... LA and the tar pits, it speaks to ideas about the environment, about paternal relationships (with the mom and bear cub) so it not only references LA, but also gigaton ideas and themes.. so it ties in the city and the music / band 
    Makes sense, thanks! 
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,040
    edited May 2022
    Brad Klausen: releases Pearl Jam poster, mows lawn.

Artists are people too. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Proklaustinating 👏👏
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Proklaustinating 👏👏
    not sure if myself or one of my close friends came up with that one... I think i did but it was many moons ago and can't say

I also like to say "I put the PRO in procrastination" 

it is the irritant that produces the pearl though...or the dandelions that produce the mow 
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,826
    Phx best poster of the tour so far followed by LA2