Fan to Fan Ticket Exchange

Comments

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,243
    Has a Pearl Jam tour ever left a sour taste in so many fans mouths for so many reasons than the 2020/2022 tour?
    mcgruff10 said:
    Has a Pearl Jam tour ever left a sour taste in so many fans mouths for so many reasons than the 2020/2022 tour?
    Totally agree with you.  This is not a positive look for pj.  
    It has been rough. And I agree it’s a really bad look for PJ. 
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    People that couldn't buy tickets should sue for emotional pain and anguish.

Kidding, but not really.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • OK, predictions. Regardless of the reason, do think think F2F is gone for good, or is coming back?
  • I really want to believe that it’s coming back….
  • OK, predictions. Regardless of the reason, do think think F2F is gone for good, or is coming back?
    I want to be optimistic. So I say it comes back Monday since nyc you don’t need F2F. You can just transfer tickets. 
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,402
    I bet it comes back tomorrow when they release the band/ management / VIP/ Family tickets 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    At this point, if it was a technical issue, it would have been resolved.

It is being intentionally shut off by someone (TM, Promoter, Band, who knows…)
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,889
    mace1229 said:
    SHZA said:
    kaw753 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Honestly, this is the shit of class action lawsuits.

I am not gonna go through my emails, but this entire thing was promoted as a way for fans to be able to sell their extra tickets to other fans for face value.

I mean, it's fucking named 'Fan to Fan' for Christ's sakes.

For TM to eliminate the entire ability for fans to do so, and in the final hours before these shows no less, is unbelievably messed up.

Your friend cant go, sorry you're fucked.  You are sick and can't go, sorry, fucked.  You and your friend both hit the 10C lotto and just wanna sell one of your pairs, also fucked.

This is bullshit of the highest order.
    Here's the thing (I ate 2 tickets last night, so I have skin in the game). If they don't bring the Resale Tickets link back for the remaining 5-6 shows on this tour, then people better be (rightfully) pissed off and you have a few thousand angry fans. If they do correct the issue, then you owe every unscanned ticket from last night a refund. Automatically and without me sitting on hold at Ticketmaster for 3 hours. Pick one. I would strongly suggest the second option. 

If they bring back the Resale link, they are essentially admitting fault. If so, how do you not provide refunds given that I sold a pair earlier in the day and it took 2 minutes? 
    They absolutely should reimburse anyone who got stuck with tickets. I suspect it will take a phone call at least though because TM won't proactively make it right. Sadly stakes are too small for a class action among other reasons 
    I'd guess that their defense will be no where did it guarantee the sale of the ticket, so we would not be entitled to anything. And even though we all know they would have sold for face value on F2F, short of a lawsuit they won't just fork over tens of thousands of dollars in refunds. I certainly wouldn't waste my time with a lawyer for what would be left after lawyer fees of $250 in tickets. 
    That defense wouldn't fly though. You'd be entitled to evidence of F2F sales records which will show that every face value ticket for that show sold within minutes of listing. They'd be better off paying up rather than paying lawyers to defend a case that they're clearly going to lose anyway 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    SHZA said:
    mace1229 said:
    SHZA said:
    kaw753 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Honestly, this is the shit of class action lawsuits.

I am not gonna go through my emails, but this entire thing was promoted as a way for fans to be able to sell their extra tickets to other fans for face value.

I mean, it's fucking named 'Fan to Fan' for Christ's sakes.

For TM to eliminate the entire ability for fans to do so, and in the final hours before these shows no less, is unbelievably messed up.

Your friend cant go, sorry you're fucked.  You are sick and can't go, sorry, fucked.  You and your friend both hit the 10C lotto and just wanna sell one of your pairs, also fucked.

This is bullshit of the highest order.
    Here's the thing (I ate 2 tickets last night, so I have skin in the game). If they don't bring the Resale Tickets link back for the remaining 5-6 shows on this tour, then people better be (rightfully) pissed off and you have a few thousand angry fans. If they do correct the issue, then you owe every unscanned ticket from last night a refund. Automatically and without me sitting on hold at Ticketmaster for 3 hours. Pick one. I would strongly suggest the second option. 

If they bring back the Resale link, they are essentially admitting fault. If so, how do you not provide refunds given that I sold a pair earlier in the day and it took 2 minutes? 
    They absolutely should reimburse anyone who got stuck with tickets. I suspect it will take a phone call at least though because TM won't proactively make it right. Sadly stakes are too small for a class action among other reasons 
    I'd guess that their defense will be no where did it guarantee the sale of the ticket, so we would not be entitled to anything. And even though we all know they would have sold for face value on F2F, short of a lawsuit they won't just fork over tens of thousands of dollars in refunds. I certainly wouldn't waste my time with a lawyer for what would be left after lawyer fees of $250 in tickets. 
    That defense wouldn't fly though. You'd be entitled to evidence of F2F sales records which will show that every face value ticket for that show sold within minutes of listing. They'd be better off paying up rather than paying lawyers to defend a case that they're clearly going to lose anyway 
    I agree it wouldn't fly. But I am just guessing that is what anyone who calls and complains will be told. Is anyone going to take the effort to sue TM so they can get $100 back though? They are probably betting they won't and will just give a lame excuse and hope it holds.
    on2legs said:
    In the app, although the sell button isn’t active, when you tap the Manage My Tickets link you get this pop up so maybe it’s a technical issue. 

OKC also still has that language in the pop-up on the ticket page 
  • At this point, if it was a technical issue, it would have been resolved.

FWIW Ticketmaster support is blaming the promoter and directing me to contact Bridgestone Arena 

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    is their one promoter for each tour stop or one promoter for the whole tour?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    It's laughable to me that people would still take this system over free market capitalism.

I'll take scalpers controlling the market over TM every fucking day.
  • Saltzy23 said:
    It's laughable to me that people would still take this system over free market capitalism.

I'll take scalpers controlling the market over TM every fucking day.
    I’d rather go back to when you had to wait at the box office in order to get tickets and not do anything online. That way it’s fair game for everyone. You either show up and get tickets or don’t. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946
    This shit is ridiculous.  The silence by those in the know is deafening.
  • Has a Pearl Jam tour ever left a sour taste in so many fans mouths for so many reasons than the 2020/2022 tour?
    Something must have happened because F2F was working great before all this. Even in the Spring leg you could change day of no issues. And it was a great way to upgrade seats. Let's see what happens next few days. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    At this point, if it was a technical issue, it would have been resolved.

Was just about to post something similar. I've been watching daily for five months. We've seen numerous glitches during that time. Some lasting several hours. And I was optimistic that this was just another one of those. But at this point, it's pretty clear that it's not.

Now we just have to sit here and wait, wondering if we're gonna end up being fucked.
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    In the app, although the sell button isn’t active, when you tap the Manage My Tickets link you get this pop up so maybe it’s a technical issue. 

OKC also still has that language in the pop-up on the ticket page 
    STL and Camden also both say F2F resale is available if you click the "information" button on the event page. Nashville, however, no longer mentions the F2F. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    Looking at the highlighted info, kind of looks like reason to not give refunds.
    All it says is you will have the opportunity to post tickets on F2F? So did they? Yes. No where did it have a time frame guaranteeing it until the day of the show. 
    It sucks and I'd be very pissed if I was stuck with tickets. I'd wait until the last couple days to post if I thought there was any chance at all to attend.
    Just playing devil's advocate from a legal point of view, from someone with zero legal experiences, seems like there's enough excuses they can throw around to not refund tens of thousands.
    bbiggs said:
    This shit is ridiculous.  The silence by those in the know is deafening.
    I keep mumbling under my breath that after the last few years we've all had there were empty 100 level seats at a PJ show in Toronto and start crushing my mouse.

So fucked.
  • A quick blanket e-mail of ¨We know there are F2F issues, we are working on it..¨ would be nice. Unless there is something bigger happening.
    mace1229 said:
    All it says is you will have the opportunity to post tickets on F2F? So did they? Yes. No where did it have a time frame guaranteeing it until the day of the show. 
    It sucks and I'd be very pissed if I was stuck with tickets. I'd wait until the last couple days to post if I thought there was any chance at all to attend.
    Just playing devil's advocate from a legal point of view, from someone with zero legal experiences, seems like there's enough excuses they can throw around to not refund tens of thousands.
    I don't read that highlighted part "you can list" as suggesting there's a time limit. When there's an expiration date, they say so, like with the limited time available to request a refund once it was rescheduled. I think in the context of ticketmaster's overall business this is a very small amount of money 
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    edited September 2022
    mace1229 said:
    But also, nowhere did they state that there would be any limitations. Since a timeframe was never specified, all we have to go by is precedent. And we just watched F2F sales last thru day of show for the first leg of this tour a few months ago. Therefore, it is reasonable for us to assume that the same would be true for our upcoming shows as well.
  • It's such a bad business decision - there's just no way anyone with any brains thinks this is a good idea.  
  • I ate a 10c pair last night. Tried to sell for $200 to no avail, so walked into the venue and posted the section/row/seats so that anyone inside could take them (hopefully someone).
    Ottawa I was able to buy a pair day of show, upgrade that pair day of show, and sell first pair day of show via F2F.
    Hamilton I was able to upgrade a pair day of show and sell a 10c pair day of show via F2F.
    Toronto I was able to upgrade a pair day of show but was left with an unused 10c pair.
    The process had been great up until yesterday.
    I have Blue Jays tickets next weekend with no "sell" option available, so this seems more a TM issue rather than PJ or 10c.
  • I have tickets for a concert in New Orleans in a few weeks and the sell button is active on them.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    They figure there is big money to be made in Camden and Nashville and don't want fan to fan competing with the PJ Premium. Otherwise, if this is intentional, it makes no sense. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • I believe in miracles...looking for 2 MSG tickets! You'd make our day/year!!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    JE224127 said:
    I have tickets for a concert in New Orleans in a few weeks and the sell button is active on them.
    Same for a concert in Mansfield. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    JE224127 said:
    I have tickets for a concert in New Orleans in a few weeks and the sell button is active on them.
    Yeah, it’s not a glitch.

My Killers tickets at Bridgestone (Nashville) the night after PJ have the Sell button active
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
This discussion has been closed.