Fan to Fan Ticket Exchange

Comments

• danofundanofun Posts: 984
    danofun said:
    Have a pair of 104 Camden tickets. Looking to get in the door at MSG. Anyone looking to make a true "Fan to Fan Ticket Exchange?"
    What row/seats are the 104s? 
    104 row Y seats 3 & 4
    2 seats from the 103/104 aisle
  • JeffPJeffP Posts: 82
    ^smart^
    10/1/96 Buffalo, 9/11/98 MSG, 9/13/98 Hartford, 8/30/00 Great Woods, 9/29/04 Boston
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,889
    edited September 2022
    danofun said:
    Is 10C aware that Fan2Fan is down and TM is claiming "the option has been removed by the event organizer."
    I doubt 10C knows or cares.  The event organizer is the promoter, not 10C or Pearl Jam.  PJ signs a contract to play a show.  In this contract, TM promises them a certain amount of tickets go to the 10C.  That’s about as far as it gets for 10C involvement.
    @Sea

10c advertised the availability of the F2F ticket exchange to sell their tickets. The moderator on these boards goes around and deletes messages that they believe circumvent the spirit of the F2F system (e.g., offering rebates for undesirable tickets). So they apparently care and likely know as well. How do we talk to the manager to get some answers?? LOL
  • If it doesn’t come back Monday, it’ll be almost guaranteed that it won’t be coming back. Gotta love Ticketmaster. 
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    It could come back this weekend. Im sure TM has weekend workers. Somebody has to do it
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • jrs31jrs31 Posts: 47
    After upgrading my seats i had to eat the cost of 2 tickets. Would have sold in seconds too.
  • Hurls15Hurls15 Posts: 161
    Yesterday I just missed (by about 5 minutes) getting my extra Toronto pair listed on fan to fan. A good pair too - lower bowl section closest to stage and 13 rows up.  Tickets that were snapped up instantly when fan to fan was running. 

I went to the arena ticket box office at about 6pm to see if they had the ability to purchase the tix from me so that they could sell them.  No dice.  So I ended up hanging around there asking if anyone walking up to the box office was looking for tickets.  There were a few people in the same situation trying to offload tickets.  Not surprisingly there was no interest because no one wanted to buy tix without being able to offload their own worse tickets. I was able to sell mine for face value cash to someone that was prepared to buy.  I logged into tm on his phone and saved the tix in his Apple wallet, then logged back out. (then went and promptly changed my password on my account just in case).

However, I am pretty sure the guy I sold them too was going to (attempt to) scalp the tickets at a higher price.  I suspect that TM's removal of the fan to fan is likely going to lead to more of these kinds of transactions.

While I would have preferred selling to a fan at face, given the shitty TM timing I was left with few options short of eating the cost of the pair.

I think TM will open fan to fan back up again, but close it down the day before shows so they can move their unsold ticket holdbacks the day before and the day of. If there is anyone going to be eating tickets, it's the fans not the venues or band. 
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    Honestly, this is the shit of class action lawsuits.

I am not gonna go through my emails, but this entire thing was promoted as a way for fans to be able to sell their extra tickets to other fans for face value.

I mean, it's fucking named 'Fan to Fan' for Christ's sakes.

For TM to eliminate the entire ability for fans to do so, and in the final hours before these shows no less, is unbelievably messed up.

Your friend cant go, sorry you're fucked.  You are sick and can't go, sorry, fucked.  You and your friend both hit the 10C lotto and just wanna sell one of your pairs, also fucked.

This is bullshit of the highest order.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • I have 2 for STL in section 113 Row M I need to sell but don’t see the F2F sales available right now. Anyone know why?
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 828
    edited September 2022
    Saltzy23 said:

I am not gonna go through my emails, but this entire thing was promoted as a way for fans to be able to sell their extra tickets to other fans for face value.

For TM to eliminate the entire ability for fans to do so, and in the final hours before these shows no less, is unbelievably messed up.

Your friend cant go, sorry you're fucked.  You are sick and can't go, sorry, fucked.  You and your friend both hit the 10C lotto and just wanna sell one of your pairs, also fucked.

Here's the thing (I ate 2 tickets last night, so I have skin in the game). If they don't bring the Resale Tickets link back for the remaining 5-6 shows on this tour, then people better be (rightfully) pissed off and you have a few thousand angry fans. If they do correct the issue, then you owe every unscanned ticket from last night a refund. Automatically and without me sitting on hold at Ticketmaster for 3 hours. Pick one. I would strongly suggest the second option. 

If they bring back the Resale link, they are essentially admitting fault. If so, how do you not provide refunds given that I sold a pair earlier in the day and it took 2 minutes? 
    Post edited by kaw753 on
  • I've been trying to upgrade to a pit for Nash and then sell my 2 but if this doesn't come back on then I'll have a spare seat in 205.  You'll just have to walk in with and sit next to me

• Saltzy23 said:

I can't disagree....absolute bullshit
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • This whole thing is an effing mess. TM, unsurprisingly, it’s screwing over fans left and right. Meanwhile if you mention how to circumvent the FTF system on here you get reprimanded and the thread is locked. I have no doubt that the band and 10C have the best intentions for fans but this is just a clusterfuck. Whoever mentioned that this has the makings of a class action lawsuit is on the money.  
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,924
    This is pretty bad.  I hope PJ resolves this quickly for fans. 

A class action lawsuit is a waste of time.  5 years from now when it’s settled anyone screwed will get a code to redeem for free Limp Bizkit or Goo Goo Dolls tickets. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

On one end you have someone with a ticket they just wanna sell....on the other a person desperate to buy that ticket for what that person paid.....and the end result winds up being an empty seat with no one in it at the actual show.

Absolutely infuriating me.
  • What happened? F2F locked right before the show?
    🤙
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 828
    on2legs said:

A class action lawsuit is a waste of time.  5 years from now when it’s settled anyone screwed will get a code to redeem for free Limp Bizkit or Goo Goo Dolls tickets. 
    In this one case, I wouldn't mind the lawyers winning $$$ from Ticketmaster. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    molecule said:
    What happened? F2F locked right before the show?
    Yes

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Wow, that is bad friggin news.  Def not playing fair here.....sad thing is, I'm not shocked.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    Has a Pearl Jam tour ever left a sour taste in so many fans mouths for so many reasons than the 2020/2022 tour?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Whats crazy to me is that with the exception of OKC all the shows are basically sold out. St Louis has around 10 tix left and Denver has 2. Just doesn’t make much sense to potentially have empty seats to make up sales for the OKC show. Money is already in their bank for the other shows….
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    JE224127 said:
    Whats crazy to me is that with the exception of OKC all the shows are basically sold out. St Louis has around 10 tix left and Denver has 2. Just doesn’t make much sense to potentially have empty seats to make up sales for the OKC show. Money is already in their bank for the other shows….
    There’s plenty of money left to be made on held back rows of seats that haven’t hit the “PJ Premium” market yet
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Has a Pearl Jam tour ever left a sour taste in so many fans mouths for so many reasons than the 2020/2022 tour?
    Totally agree with you.  This is not a positive look for pj.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,924
    In the app, although the sell button isn’t active, when you tap the Manage My Tickets link you get this pop up so maybe it’s a technical issue. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

mcgruff10 said:
    Totally agree with you.  This is not a positive look for pj.  

They either know about or even asked for this, which means they don't understand the impact to their fans.....or they don't know it's happening, which makes them completely ignorant and disconnected to their fans.

Either one is not a good look.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    on2legs said:

One of my wife's friends said they saw Goo Goo Dolls and it was great. I kind of wanted to go. I love seeing bands like that from the 90s, tickets are usually pretty cheap and fun songs. 
    No thanks to LB though.
    edited September 2022
    kaw753 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Here's the thing (I ate 2 tickets last night, so I have skin in the game). If they don't bring the Resale Tickets link back for the remaining 5-6 shows on this tour, then people better be (rightfully) pissed off and you have a few thousand angry fans. If they do correct the issue, then you owe every unscanned ticket from last night a refund. Automatically and without me sitting on hold at Ticketmaster for 3 hours. Pick one. I would strongly suggest the second option. 

If they bring back the Resale link, they are essentially admitting fault. If so, how do you not provide refunds given that I sold a pair earlier in the day and it took 2 minutes? 
    They absolutely should reimburse anyone who got stuck with tickets. I suspect it will take a phone call at least though because TM won't proactively make it right. Sadly, the stakes are too small for a class action among other reasons. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • JE224127 said:
    Whats crazy to me is that with the exception of OKC all the shows are basically sold out. St Louis has around 10 tix left and Denver has 2. Just doesn’t make much sense to potentially have empty seats to make up sales for the OKC show. Money is already in their bank for the other shows….
    Unless there are previously unreleased tickets still to drop for Camden, Nash and SL.  The seat maps showing 2 tickets or 10 tickets or whatever can be totally misleading.  Create illusion of scarcity.  Then release a few hundred tix and it’s a feeding frenzy.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    SHZA said:
    kaw753 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

They absolutely should reimburse anyone who got stuck with tickets. I suspect it will take a phone call at least though because TM won't proactively make it right. Sadly stakes are too small for a class action among other reasons 
    I'd guess that their defense will be no where did it guarantee the sale of the ticket, so we would not be entitled to anything. And even though we all know they would have sold for face value on F2F, short of a lawsuit they won't just fork over tens of thousands of dollars in refunds. I certainly wouldn't waste my time with a lawyer for what would be left after lawyer fees of $250 in tickets. 
This discussion has been closed.