Options

Hunter Biden Laptop Controversy

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,005
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,040
    edited August 2023
    They don't seem the same to me.
    Stone had already filed taxes taxes and was working towards paying off what he owed. The IRS definitely offers payment plans, whether he had one or not I don't know. He stopped paying them when he was arrested and charged with the crimes in 2019 because, supposedly, he couldn't;t afford it with all his legal troubles. The suit isn't for failing to claim income or hide it, its running out of money to pay it. The IRS sued him for the remainder plus penalties and fees.

Hunter didn't claim several hundred thousand dollars of income. Seems like a big difference to me.Only thing in common is its about taxes, but aside from that, seem very different. 

People have been arrested for failing to claim that much in income before. 

Maybe Stone got a good deal, I don't know. I don't know what the usual outcome of that situation is.

Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,344
    mace1229 said:
    They don't seem the same to me.
    Stone had already filed taxes taxes and was working towards paying off what he owed. The IRS definitely offers payment plans, whether he had one or not I don't know. He stopped paying them when he was arrested and charged with the crimes in 2019 because, supposedly, he couldn't;t afford it with all his legal troubles. The suit isn't for failing to claim income or hide it, its running out of money to pay it. The IRS sued him for the remainder plus penalties and fees.

Hunter didn't claim several hundred thousand dollars of income. Seems like a big difference to me.Only thing in common is its about taxes, but aside from that, seem very different. 

People have been arrested for failing to claim that much in income before. 

Maybe Stone got a good deal, I don't know. I don't know what the usual outcome of that situation is.

Knowing what everyone knows about Stone and Hunter I’ll put my $$$ that Stoney is way more shady than Hunter! Both should pay for their crimes but as we saw Trumpolinni pardon Stone so there’s that! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,008
    I believe Hunter also filed but didn't pay....same as Stone. He wasn't charged for tax evasion or fraudulent reporting.

I read that they were reviewing some of his business deductions but everything I see says that he just didn't pay.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    https://www.justice.gov/usao-de/pr/tax-and-firearm-charges-filed-against-robert-hunter-biden

WILMINGTON, Del. – The United States Attorney for the District of Delaware filed charges today against Robert Hunter Biden (“Hunter Biden”) of Los Angeles.  Hunter Biden has been charged with two misdemeanor tax offenses and a felony firearm offense and has agreed to enter a plea of guilty to the tax offenses and enter into a pre-trial diversion agreement with regard to the firearm charge at a proceeding to be scheduled by the assigned United States District Court judge.
    According to the tax Information, Hunter Biden received taxable income in excess of $1,500,000 annually in calendar years 2017 and 2018.  Despite owing in excess of $100,000 in federal income taxes each year, he did not pay the income tax due for either year. 
    According to the firearm Information, from on or about October 12, 2018 through October 23, 2018, Hunter Biden possessed a firearm despite knowing he was an unlawful user of and addicted to a controlled substance.
    Hunter Biden is charged with two violations of failure to pay income tax and one violation of unlawful possession of a firearm by a person prohibited.  If convicted, he faces a maximum penalty of 12 months in prison on each of the tax charges and a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison on the firearm charge.  Actual sentences for federal crimes are typically less than the maximum penalties. A federal district court judge will determine any sentence after taking into account the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors.
    David C. Weiss, U.S. Attorney for the District of Delaware, made the announcement. The investigation is ongoing.

That would make sense that the charges were misdemeanors rather than felonies.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I believe Hunter also filed but didn't pay....same as Stone. He wasn't charged for tax evasion or fraudulent reporting.

I read that they were reviewing some of his business deductions but everything I see says that he just didn't pay.
    From what I remember he filed, but failed to claim several hundred thousand dollars worth of income.
    I might forget to add a $500 Christmas bonus when I'm doing taxes, but I'm not going to forget about $500,000 and leave it off by mistake.
    He did start paying it after he was caught. But that's like saying its not shoplifting because you returned the stolen merchandise when you were caught. 

* I just looked it up, looks like you were right, he just didn't file.
    Still isn't the same as Stone. Stone filed, payed for a few years, then claimed to have run out of money. That is different than not filing and not paying. Not saying Stone is innocent or not shady, just saying this seems like apples and oranges to me. 
  • Options
    I thought all along he filed and intentionally hid or withheld several hundred thousand dollars each year from his tax return. I don't know why I thought that was the case. But if he just didn't file for a year or two instead of hiding income, it does seem less intentional and meets the criteria of a fine more than jail time. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

From what I remember he filed, but failed to claim several hundred thousand dollars worth of income.
    I might forget to add a $500 Christmas bonus when I'm doing taxes, but I'm not going to forget about $500,000 and leave it off by mistake.
    He did start paying it after he was caught. But that's like saying its not shoplifting because you returned the stolen merchandise when you were caught. 

* I just looked it up, looks like you were right, he just didn't file.
    Still isn't the same as Stone. Stone filed, payed for a few years, then claimed to have run out of money. That is different than not filing and not paying. Not saying Stone is innocent or not shady, just saying this seems like apples and oranges to me. 
    Right but Hunter filed for sure...he just didn't pay.

The IRS just doesn't forget about that stuff. He wasn't going to get away with it regardless.

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    I thought all along he filed and intentionally hid or withheld several hundred thousand dollars each year from his tax return. I don't know why I thought that was the case. But if he just didn't file for a year or two instead of hiding income, it does seem less intentional and meets the criteria of a fine more than jail time. 
    The odd part is that he did file, didn't pay, but the charges only hit him for two of the years that he owed...not all of them. Strange.

• Options
    edited August 2023
    mace1229 said:
    The odd part is that he did file, didn't pay, but the charges only hit him for two of the years that he owed...not all of them. Strange.
    Ok, originally I thought he under reported by hundreds of thousands, was that not the case? Must have misread something when I googled it just then.
    Filing and leaving off hundreds of thousands seems more intentional than just not filing or paying. You know they'll come after you if you don't file or pay, but excluding income seems like maybe you'd hope they won't notice. And intent seems to have everything to do with it.  Failure to pay is a misdemeanor, evasion is a felony. So did he fail to pay, or was he evading taxes? 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ok, originally I thought he under reported by hundreds of thousands, was that not the case? Must have misread something when I googled it just then.
    Filing and leaving off hundreds of thousands seems more intentional than just not filing or paying. You know they'll come after you if you don't file or pay, but excluding income seems like maybe you'd hope they won't notice. And intent seems to have everything to do with it.  Failure to pay is a misdemeanor, evasion is a felony. So did he fail to pay, or was he evading taxes? 
    He failed to pay, just like Stone.

The initial reporting was definitely confusing. I was trying to figure out from the start why they were misdemeanors when it sounded like evasion.

The confusion was because there were comments made that some of the deductions he took were being examined. I have not heard anything definitive on those.

• Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,897
    fact is, Hunter technically broke the law. the other fact is, it's rare to be indicted on such charges. this is obviously politically motivated, but it's hard to defend, since it is the law. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Dude bought a gun...the right should be overjoyed

• Options
    Berlin2000Berlin2000 NYC Posts: 120
    That’s what I thought. No 2nd amendment for Democrats? 
    PJ: 2000-6-25: Berlin, GER | 2005-3-18: Seattle, WA | 2006-6-30: Milwaukee, WI | 2009-8-24: Chicago, IL | 2012-7-5: Berlin, GER | 2013-7-19: Chicago, IL | 2014-10-17: Moline, IL | 2014-10-20: Milwaukee, WI | 2016-8-20: Chicago 1, IL | 2016-8-22: Chicago 2, IL | 2018-8-18: Chicago N1 |  2018-8-20: Chicago 2, IL | 2021-9-18: Asbury Park, NJ | 2022-9-11: MSG, NY | 2023-9-5: Chicago, IL |
    EV: 2017-9-2: Dana Point, CA | 2022-2-3: NYC 1, NY | 2022-2-4: NYC 2, NY
  • Options
    fact is, Hunter technically broke the law. the other fact is, it's rare to be indicted on such charges. this is obviously politically motivated, but it's hard to defend, since it is the law. 
    I don't think anyone has an issue with him being charged for the crimes he committed. After years of investigating him, they've come up w/ all of 3 charges though. The constant investigations are obviously bullshit, and we know this is what the GOP does. 

They now have an established a track record of using 'investigations' to damage their opponents. They did it to Hillary, and they're doing the same to Biden. Remember tfg only needed Zelensky to SAY he was opening an investigation into Biden? He didn't even have to do it, just SAY he was going to do it... that's all he wanted. 

That alone tells us all we need to know. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,897
    oh but he was a POS addict. you know, cuz all addicts are democrats. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    oh but he was a POS addict. you know, cuz all addicts are democrats. 

just ask jr......

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,359
    I cannot believe how weaponized the Department of Justice is these days. They're going after the president's own son!

Hey...wait a minute....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

• Options
    edited September 2023
    I have never seen 1 person in this forum or anywhere else that supports the illegal purchase of firearms, unless you’re talking about something like the Branch Davidians. Most are even okay with stricter laws.
    Now I don’t think he deserves the 25 years max. But why have gun les if we openly don’t enforce them? Why fight for more les when we don’t enforce the ones we already have? Seems like common sense to hold him accountable to some extent, especially given the gun problem in America. 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,185
    mace1229 said:
    I have never seen 1 person in this forum or anywhere else that supports the illegal purchase of firearms, unless you’re talking about something like the Branch Davidians. Most are even okay with stricter laws.
    Now I don’t think he deserves the 25 years max. But why have gun les if we openly don’t enforce them? Why fight for more les when we don’t enforce the ones we already have? Seems like common sense to hold him accountable to some extent, especially given the gun problem in America. 
    he is the first person to have these charges filed against him. it is only because his last name is biden.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gift article

A who’s who — and who says what — of the IRS-Hunter Biden dispute
    By Aaron Blake
    September 15, 2023 at 17:29 ET
    House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) announced an impeachment inquiry into President Biden on Tuesday under pressure from his right flank, but McCarthy has also expressed interest recently in an inquiry into Attorney General Merrick Garland.
    During Tuesday’s announcement, McCarthy alluded to his beef with Garland: the unproven theory that “the president’s family has been offered special treatment by Biden’s own administration.”
    The crux of that theory is that Garland played a role in shielding Hunter Biden from prosecution and lied about having given U.S. Attorney David Weiss total authority to bring any charges. Biden reached a plea deal on a gun issue and tax charges, but the deal fell apart, and on Thursday he was indicted on a charge of allegedly making false statements and illegally possessing a gun.

continues.....