Pearl Jam - RearviewMirror (Walmart Exclusive) Vinyl

Comments

• FR181798 said:
    Why split this into 2. Almost certain that whoever buys one will buy the other. Able to charge more I guess but its maybe to do with single wide spine sleeves being cheaper, quicker and easier to make than a fancy gatefold.
    Because the casuals wont pick up a 4-LP release and the cost that comes with that. 

The oroginal release was de facto a 2 disc CD release. Not thinking about vinyl. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • turner78turner78 Posts: 157
    Fucking Walmart
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    4 LP boxset on colored wax. 10c exclusive. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • 4 LP boxset on colored wax. 10c exclusive. 
    Now this red cap gets a rap from his critics
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178
    4 LP boxset on colored wax. 10c exclusive. 

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178
    Wish these Walmart.com exclusive were available, on Walmart.ca as well. 
  • Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,273
    Just saw this. For those wondering on the quality, I can say I’ve been happy with the Walmart exclusives I’ve purchased. The Metallica presses are excellent. 
    Agreed. The Metallica presses sound great. Also, I was pleasantly surprised the Jimi Hendrix Freedom vinyl exclusive is a QRP pressing. Also sounds great. 
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited February 2022
    Really how things are going they could just paywall this stuff.  Best Buy does it now with PS5 and you have to pay 199 a year or something to be in their total tech program to even buy it.

walmart + does really need to diversify.  They absolutely could and still sell them all
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Really how things are going they could just paywall this stuff.  Best Buy does it now with PS5 and you have to pay 199 a year or something to be in their total tech program to even buy it.

walmart + does really need to diversify.  They absolutely could and still sell them all
    Walmart cares. Totally can see this happening. Customers always come first at Walmart.
  • turner78turner78 Posts: 157
    Really how things are going they could just paywall this stuff.  Best Buy does it now with PS5 and you have to pay 199 a year or something to be in their total tech program to even buy it.

Walmart cares. Totally can see this happening. Customers always come first at Walmart.
    Customers second, employees first. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    Are these sold out? Links don’t work for me
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited February 2022
    mace1229 said:
    Yep. Don’t feel bad it’s been sold out since I got up this morning and I get up early 
    mace1229 said:
    Yep. Don’t feel bad it’s been sold out since I got up this morning and I get up early 
    Bummer. We’ve been asking for this for 10 years. Would be nice to press enough to last a couple days.
    Edved82 said:
    My original copy sounds fantastic, so hope this reissue lives up to it sound quality wise. Lost Dogs reissue, please!
    Lost dogs makes sense. Yes it’s a compilation album but it’s unreleased stuff as opposed to a greatest hits compilation. 

It seems most artists are not a fan of greatest hits albums as it chops up albums in a way they were never intended to be heard, as one song snippets. I really never thought PJ would be supportive of a greatest hits reissue unless the record company just did it unilaterally.  I’m really surprised by this 
    They owed Sony a Greatest Hits album, in their record deal. Or they owed Sony another album and decided on a Greatest Hits. Don't remember now. 

I think artists appreciate the money a Greatest Hits brings in.

I now a Swedish artist who made the trade of getting all his back-catalog back from the label in exchange for one greatest hits album.
    I remember hearing the same thing. Greatest hits and b-sides were part of the contract. Thats why they put out RVM and LD not too long before Avocado, so they could do that on their own label.
  • turner78 said:

Customers second, employees first. 
    If by employees, you mean Corporate board.
  • demetrios said:
    The 10club store sold those Ten Target Exclusive vinyl a day after they went up, on Target. Hopefully later today 10club will have copies up for sale as well.
    ...then be charged $30 to ship.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,550
    turner78 said:
    Fuck Walmart

• matt84matt84 Posts: 709
    A 10C exclusive rigid slipcover to house both volumes would be a good idea. Hopefully they’ve got something exclusive coming.
  • matt84 said:
    A 10C exclusive rigid slipcover to house both volumes would be a good idea. Hopefully they’ve got something exclusive coming.
    Don’t hold your breath
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    At a guess, total run of these for Wallmart will be about 6,000 each. Maybe 1/2 sold on pre order with the rest going out to stores and more appearing online on release. Unlike a few years ago, unless its a big new album everything seems to be quite limited in quantities. Its stupid to be honest. If you look at something like the Alive 12" reissue far too many copies were made for RSD. That looks like it will hang around for ages. Easy Street vinyl also seems to have hung around for quite a while as well.

Needless to say Im ISO. Anyone think a Smashing Pumpkins live in Japan might be a decent trade for this. The obscure nature of the 2 different sleeves has me wanting this for some weird reason.
  • I’m guessing these won’t be hard to find down the road in the medium and long term sealed.

it would be fun to have but I have never opened or even been tempted to open the RVM I currently have.  It’s my only sealed album that only serves the purpose of having just to have.  Maybe it’s going to be a hit with the casual fan at the comparatively lower price point but I can’t imagine a lot around here actually spinning a greatest hits album with much frequency 

An album you get just because you buy everything PJ anyway is how I view it 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    PJ Ten and PJ Greatest Hits are the most likely candidates to appear at Walmart or Target.  

I do see Vs and Vitalogy sometimes at Walmart tho.  
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,138
    FR181798 said:
    At a guess, total run of these for Wallmart will be about 6,000 each. Maybe 1/2 sold on pre order with the rest going out to stores and more appearing online on release. Unlike a few years ago, unless its a big new album everything seems to be quite limited in quantities. Its stupid to be honest. If you look at something like the Alive 12" reissue far too many copies were made for RSD. That looks like it will hang around for ages. Easy Street vinyl also seems to have hung around for quite a while as well.

Needless to say Im ISO. Anyone think a Smashing Pumpkins live in Japan might be a decent trade for this. The obscure nature of the 2 different sleeves has me wanting this for some weird reason.
    I still think that Unplugged and Live at Easy Street are still being pressed past their original RSD run...
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • ChrisdMChrisdM Posts: 164
    FR181798 said:

Were you thinking Smashing Pumpkins live in Japan Archive 1 (I assume not autographed version?) for both RearviewMirror Walmart Exclusives #1 and #2 (all 4 LPs)?
    I got the Smashing Pumpkins Viper Room, but didn't bother with the Japan one because I was a little less interested in that one, but may be nice to eventually have the complete TSP archive collection.
  • ChrisdM said:
    FR181798 said:

Were you thinking Smashing Pumpkins live in Japan Archive 1 (I assume not autographed version?) for both RearviewMirror Walmart Exclusives #1 and #2 (all 4 LPs)?
    I got the Smashing Pumpkins Viper Room, but didn't bother with the Japan one because I was a little less interested in that one, but may be nice to eventually have the complete TSP archive collection.
    That’s a great trade to get the archive 1.  Tried the same thing with fresh pressed, didn’t work 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited February 2022
    ChrisdM said:
    FR181798 said:

Yeah, price wise they cost roughly the same new. Waiting until my Archive 1s (unsigned) arrive but I also want to see how the RVM availability pans out. It would be a big mistake if these become the new purple Ten which I dont think they will be.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    page can no longer be found....
  • ChrisdMChrisdM Posts: 164
    FR181798 said:
    ChrisdM said:
    FR181798 said:

Yeah, price wise they cost roughly the same new. Waiting until my Archive 1s (unsigned) arrive but I also want to see how the RVM availability pans out. It would be a big mistake if these become the new purple Ten which I dont think they will be.
    Sounds good. Feel free to hit me up when the RVM gets released in March, and your TSP Japan Archive 1 arrives.
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,138
    I cant understand how this thread isnt just exploding - this isnt a boot - its coming from a legit retailer - and its on bitchin colored vinyl - has been OOP for ages.... who knows. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • PSUS2H said:
    I cant understand how this thread isnt just exploding - this isnt a boot - its coming from a legit retailer - and its on bitchin colored vinyl - has been OOP for ages.... who knows. 
    I said this earlier, nobody knew it came out.  Flew under the radar for a lot of people.