Pearl Jam - RearviewMirror (Walmart Exclusive) Vinyl

Comments

• PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,138
    PSUS2H said:
    I cant understand how this thread isnt just exploding - this isnt a boot - its coming from a legit retailer - and its on bitchin colored vinyl - has been OOP for ages.... who knows. 
    I said this earlier, nobody knew it came out.  Flew under the radar for a lot of people.
    oh I agree 100% - the only reason I knew is because a buddy texted me about it saying "hey man wasnt sure if you saw this PJ thing that popped up on reddit" but now that its being discussed here I figured more and more would be chatting this thread up. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    I love the volume 2 black cover
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,138
    I love the volume 2 black cover
    yeah looks really nice - is that inside of the CD art?  I havent seen the packaging in ages. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • PSUS2H said:
    PSUS2H said:
    I cant understand how this thread isnt just exploding - this isnt a boot - its coming from a legit retailer - and its on bitchin colored vinyl - has been OOP for ages.... who knows. 
    I said this earlier, nobody knew it came out.  Flew under the radar for a lot of people.
    oh I agree 100% - the only reason I knew is because a buddy texted me about it saying "hey man wasnt sure if you saw this PJ thing that popped up on reddit" but now that its being discussed here I figured more and more would be chatting this thread up. 
    I figured more angry posts to come soon, lol.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    I have to imagine it might pop up in stock again, or alternatively they must of allocated some to be sold in stores?
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178
    Zod said:
    I have to imagine it might pop up in stock again, or alternatively they must of allocated some to be sold in stores?

It'll pop back up again after 10club puts up their stock, I'm guessing. 
  • demetrios said:
    Zod said:

Don't think we are getting that memo...
  • Maybe they just posted it to early. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    PSUS2H said:
    PSUS2H said:
    I only knew about this thanks to @demetrios tweet. That and my insomnia is what allowed me to sneak in an order. I almost decided to wait until morning because I had problems logging in to my PayPal account, but I think the experience of getting burned on vault 1 motivated me to just get it in (even though these are two completely different scenarios).

Anyways, thanks demetrios!
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,111
    This happened recently with the Billy Joel color vinyl exclusives on the site. They were put up early then quickly taken down. A week or two later they showed back up again. My thought is we will get a psssst post to promote them via Walmarts OR 10c will have their own "exclusive color" release. Maybe 3/10?
  • AA295481AA295481 Posts: 108
    edited February 2022
    I don't think It will ever be on 10c. If memory serves (and help me out 10C), I think the band was against Sony releasing it in 2003. they didn't want to be known as a "greatest hits" band, as everyone had all the CD's and singles up to that point. I believe when they signed with Sony, it was for 8 studio albums and 2 live albums. They only released 7 studio albums and 2 live albums and Sony released RVM as they owned all the masters up to that point. Since Riot Act, every album since was self-released and they own the rights to all their music and sold at Target and independent record stores since. 
    Post edited by AA295481 on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    AA295481 said:
    I don't think It will ever be on 10c. If memory serves (and help me out 10C), I think the band was against Sony releasing it in 2003. they didn't want to be known as a "greatest hits" band, as everyone had all the CD's and singles up to that point. I believe when they signed with Sony, it was for 8 studio albums and 2 live albums. They only released 7 studio albums and 2 live albums and Sony released RVM as they owned all the masters up to that point. Since Riot Act, every album since was self-released and they own the rights to all their music and sold at Target and independent record stores since. 
    I doubt Sony deals with PJs catalog in a vacuum. Hopefully like the No Code reissue and the reissues of the first 3 records in various ways, 10c will have something for 10c members. My hope is it is something unique and not available retail like the clear No Code anniversary reissue. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    AO253126 said:
    PSUS2H said:
    PSUS2H said:
    I only knew about this thanks to @demetrios tweet. That and my insomnia is what allowed me to sneak in an order. I almost decided to wait until morning because I had problems logging in to my PayPal account, but I think the experience of getting burned on vault 1 motivated me to just get it in (even though these are two completely different scenarios).

Anyways, thanks demetrios!

No problemo! :) 
  • 2-feign-reluctance said:

My hope is it is something unique and not available retail like the clear No Code anniversary reissue. 
    That was not for fans though. That was for ~50 fans. For some reasin.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,309
    AA295481 said:
    Song deal was 7 studio, 1 b side and 1 greatest hits. I don't remember them saying anything against it when it was released. Nor do I remember 2 live albums, just LO2L
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Looking forward to mine!
    Looking forward to mine!

Me too!  B)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Looking forward to mine!
    Same!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,247
    When is this released?
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    joseph33 said:
    When is this released?
    Can't remember exactly, but around 20th March as my delivery date is 22nd March.
    Kearnsy
    3/22/22
    www.cluthelee.com
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    Kearn5y said:
    joseph33 said:
    When is this released?
    Can't remember exactly, but around 20th March as my delivery date is 22nd March.
    My delivery date says April 1.

• Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    GlowGirl said:
    Kearn5y said:
    joseph33 said:
    When is this released?
    My delivery date says April 1.

My confirmation email states -
    Your preorder is scheduled to arrive Tue, Mar 22

You will still get it before me as It has to be shipped internationally when it arrives 
    Kearnsy
    3/22/22

So 3/10/22 10club pre orders will go up.
  • demetrios said:
    Zod said:

Oh lort.  Then we'll have an onslaught of people wondering if "The 10C exclusive is the same as Walmart retail? How do we know for sure? Can someone who bought both confirm the runout numbers? But is say it's exclusive to 10C, why would they use that word if I can just go to Wal... blah blah blah."

Not that folks here ever read too much into things. Nah, that never happens.
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:

Oh lort.  Then we'll have an onslaught of people wondering if "The 10C exclusive is the same as Walmart retail? How do we know for sure? Can someone who bought both confirm the runout numbers? But is say it's exclusive to 10C, why would they use that word if I can just go to Wal... blah blah blah."

Not that folks here ever read too much into things. Nah, that never happens.

Ah good times. I can't wait!  :D
    Bring me a sweet box set or clear records! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Mine reads, "Scheduled to arrive March 22."
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
    Bring me a sweet box set or clear records! 

+1
    Mine reads, "Scheduled to arrive March 22."

Same.