Pearl Jam - RearviewMirror (Walmart Exclusive) Vinyl

Comments

• BenzBenz Posts: 118
    Would someone be so nice and order it for me - and send it to germany? I really don`t want to miss this.
    I could paypal in advance - pretty please!
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,099
    Can anybody recommend one of those services that you can send packages to and they will ship on to the UK?
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 709
    A 10c exclusive would be very welcome.
  • Really really sad.. impossible to buy in Europe, we have to wait for some impossible to buy price on Discogs
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,086
    edited February 2022
    Don't see thje problem splitting it up into two albums. 

The original release was a CD-release. The vinyl was a de facto non-factor sold to a few. 

Selling a 4 LP Greatest hits to the "masses" is not really feasible. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178
    The 10club store sold those Ten Target Exclusive vinyl a day after they went up, on Target. Hopefully later today 10club will have copies up for sale as well.
    demetrios said:
    The 10club store sold those Ten Target Exclusive vinyl a day after they went up, on Target. Hopefully later today 10club will have copies up for sale as well.
    Fingers crossed!
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    Ordered from Walmart with a US forwarding company.
    Kearnsy
    Kearn5y said:
    Who did you use if you don’t mind me asking?
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    tino_11 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    AddressPal. They are part of the Irish postal system so Ireland only. They collect the import tax too. There is another company called Polar Express that operate out of the same facility who seem to offer a worldwide service.
    Kearnsy
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,759
    Still surprised it's not cheaper considering it's Walmart. 
    I miss igotid88
    Kearn5y said:
    tino_11 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    AddressPal. They are part of the Irish postal system so Ireland only. They collect the import tax too. There is another company called Polar Express that operate out of the same facility who seem to offer a worldwide service.
    Thanks mate, went with Stackry in the end. Hope all works out!

Leaves me with only Lost Dogs and a Benny (!!!) to find now. 
  • JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    edited February 2022
    Hey everyone. I would love to have the Walmart LPs. But I live in the EU and can't seem to order. Is anyone willing to help me buy a copy in the US? I will of course pay directly. Feel free to message me! Thanks! Sven 
    Post edited by JustaPJFan on
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    My original copy sounds fantastic, so hope this reissue lives up to it sound quality wise. Lost Dogs reissue, please!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
    No longer available to buy online. I think these may have been released too early by accident, you can't find them through the search bar on the site. 
  • tino_11 said:
    No longer available to buy online. I think these may have been released too early by accident, you can't find them through the search bar on the site. 
    You can still find them, they just say "check availability nearby' which suggests they are already sold out. 

Waited too long to checkout 
    I miss igotid88
  • AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    Flavafraz said:
    I still don’t understand how this wasn’t communicated to 10c members today. How did someone find this out 
    There are plenty of websites out there solely dedicated to announcing newly released vinyl across various shops and platforms as soon as they are announced or pop up.
    Thanks! I had no idea such websites existed. Can you recommend any good ones?
  • AO253126 said:
    Flavafraz said:
    I still don’t understand how this wasn’t communicated to 10c members today. How did someone find this out 
    There are plenty of websites out there solely dedicated to announcing newly released vinyl across various shops and platforms as soon as they are announced or pop up.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/VinylReleases/
  • tino_11 said:
    You can still find them, they just say "check availability nearby' which suggests they are already sold out. 

Yep. They look to be sold out.
  • AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    AO253126 said:
    Flavafraz said:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/VinylReleases/
    Nice. Thank you!
  • Edved82 said:
    My original copy sounds fantastic, so hope this reissue lives up to it sound quality wise. Lost Dogs reissue, please!
    Lost dogs makes sense. Yes it’s a compilation album but it’s unreleased stuff as opposed to a greatest hits compilation. 

It seems most artists are not a fan of greatest hits albums as it chops up albums in a way they were never intended to be heard, as one song snippets. I really never thought PJ would be supportive of a greatest hits reissue unless the record company just did it unilaterally.  I’m really surprised by this 
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    tino_11 said:

Yep. They look to be sold out.

Looks like someone at Wal-Mart f'd up
    I highly doubt Wal-Mart sold out of these

Were we able to order the Purple Ten from Target online?  (I forget)
    Or did you have to go to the store?

I'm guessing this is a marketing ploy to drive foot traffic to the actual brick & mortar
  • Edved82 said:
    Lost dogs makes sense. Yes it’s a compilation album but it’s unreleased stuff as opposed to a greatest hits compilation. 

It seems most artists are not a fan of greatest hits albums as it chops up albums in a way they were never intended to be heard, as one song snippets. I really never thought PJ would be supportive of a greatest hits reissue unless the record company just did it unilaterally.  I’m really surprised by this 
    They owed Sony a Greatest Hits album, in their record deal. Or they owed Sony another album and decided on a Greatest Hits. Don't remember now. 

I think artists appreciate the money a Greatest Hits brings in.

I now a Swedish artist who made the trade of getting all his back-catalog back from the label in exchange for one greatest hits album.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Edved82 said:

They owed Sony a Greatest Hits album, in their record deal. Or they owed Sony another album and decided on a Greatest Hits. Don't remember now. 

I think artists appreciate the money a Greatest Hits brings in.

I now a Swedish artist who made the trade of getting all his back-catalog back from the label in exchange for one greatest hits album.
    I don't think greatest hits are included in the album deals. That would be separate. Another greatest hits is due though
    I miss igotid88
    I'm still surprised no one complained about the price
    I miss igotid88
  • they definitely sold out. resellers are all over this. saw multiple order confirmations of people ordering 15+ of these.
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    Edved82 said:

It's definitely a surprising reissue, as it only covers up to 2003. I'm only speculating, but I'm sure a lot of bands have a "compilation" clause in their contracts with their record companies. I'd have thought there might be a second "greatest hits" release covering 2004 to 2020 before we saw a reissue of this one.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
    they definitely sold out. resellers are all over this. saw multiple order confirmations of people ordering 15+ of these.
    I hope they do a mass release like Target did with the purple Ten.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,979
    Seems like the going rate for records. Crazy. EV earthlings. 1 record 40 plus tax and shipping. Ouch.
    These 75 for 4 lps shipped. Still expensive. Seems like the way it is now. May be a good time to get out of the game...until lost dogs.