Pearl Jam - RearviewMirror (Walmart Exclusive) Vinyl

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Flavafraz said:
    Still no word about this from pj? What gives
    I can pretty much guarantee that there won't be any word from the PJ camp.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,979
    I can see them not promoting it to take the focus away from ev stuff. Odd anyway.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,759
    igotid88 said:
    Edved82 said:
    My original copy sounds fantastic, so hope this reissue lives up to it sound quality wise. Lost Dogs reissue, please!
    Lost dogs makes sense. Yes it’s a compilation album but it’s unreleased stuff as opposed to a greatest hits compilation. 

It seems most artists are not a fan of greatest hits albums as it chops up albums in a way they were never intended to be heard, as one song snippets. I really never thought PJ would be supportive of a greatest hits reissue unless the record company just did it unilaterally.  I’m really surprised by this 
    They owed Sony a Greatest Hits album, in their record deal. Or they owed Sony another album and decided on a Greatest Hits. Don't remember now. 

I think artists appreciate the money a Greatest Hits brings in.

I now a Swedish artist who made the trade of getting all his back-catalog back from the label in exchange for one greatest hits album.
    I don't think greatest hits are included in the album deals. That would be separate. Another greatest hits is due though
    pretty sure their deal actually did specify a number of albums plus a greatest hits. 
    I know about the 7 albums.  But I figured a greatest hits is just something record labels do. Where does Lost Dogs fit into that?
    I miss igotid88
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,381
    Saw somebody say don't sit on this and I'm glad I didn't. 
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,138
    Before anyone gets too excited about missing - Walmart almost always restocks - not massive restocks but enough if you keep your ear to the ground you could catch it - recently the long OOP STP Core red splatter WM exclusive had a small restock - also your local store will likely get stock. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    I’ve seen some bands promote their Walmart exclusives (Metallica) and I’ve seen others never say a word.  
    PSUS2H said:
    Seriously though - I wouldnt sleep on this - I remember sleeping on the Metallica colored vinyl reissues that walmart did a year or two ago and they sold out online - same with STP Purple WM Exclusive and Core WM exclusives. 
  • PSUS2H said:
    Before anyone gets too excited about missing - Walmart almost always restocks - not massive restocks but enough if you keep your ear to the ground you could catch it - recently the long OOP STP Core red splatter WM exclusive had a small restock - also your local store will likely get stock. 
    This is true. There will be more drops, but by the handful, and not many. This preorder was the majority. 
    PSUS2H said:
    This is true. There will be more drops, but by the handful, and not many. This preorder was the majority. 
    Its also entirely possible 10c gets a small stock to sell too.  They might be waiting until it is in hand to release, who knows.  It happened with Ten Purple, and IIRC Ten Clear ages ago. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • MS149515MS149515 Posts: 192
    Loujoe said:
    Tooooosssssdaaaaayy
    You're onto something!
  • AA295481AA295481 Posts: 108
    I got home from work at 2:30 this morning, I saw the thread and was able to order Vol 1 and 2. I woke up at 11Am and saw the preorder was sold out, I'm so glad i didn't sleep on it. I remember STP core sold out quickly as well. Whenever Walmart.com sells a hot album, it attracts flippers. I'm sure they will sell on secondary sites such as Discdogs, Ebay, Amazon... I intend to (gasp) open it and listen to it
    AA295481 said:
    I got home from work at 2:30 this morning, I saw the thread and was able to order Vol 1 and 2. I woke up at 11Am and saw the preorder was sold out, I'm so glad i didn't sleep on it. I remember STP core sold out quickly as well. Whenever Walmart.com sells a hot album, it attracts flippers. I'm sure they will sell on secondary sites such as Discdogs, Ebay, Amazon... I intend to (gasp) open it and listen to it
    Yeah the links were also posted to the Vinyl Chat discord  - so I think a lot of ppl who wouldnt otherwise have seen it saw it. 
    I wonder how big the production run was for these.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 said:
    How long was it up?  I guess we can do the math again like on fresh pressed. But with people buying stacks of them it’s probably a shot in the dark 
    mfc2006 said:
    How long was it up?  I guess we can do the math again like on fresh pressed. But with people buying stacks of them it’s probably a shot in the dark 
    Went up around 6-7pm Central, I believe. No idea when it sold out.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,841
    I successfully purchased both volumes around 6:30AM EST if that helps. I think it was gone shortly after.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022, 9/7/2024, 9/9/2024, 9/12/2024
  • pjpitt89 said:
    I successfully purchased both volumes around 6:30AM EST if that helps. I think it was gone shortly after.
    12 hours is a long time just based on the numbers we know for fresh pressed.  That could easily be 10k-15k.  I would have to think it’s a lot more if people were able to buy as many as they wanted 
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,099
    Not seeing any immediate ‘in search of’ posts so I’m guessing a lot of people who wanted them got them. Unless people are waiting to see if 10c have them first. 

'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
  • tino_11 said:
    Not seeing any immediate ‘in search of’ posts so I’m guessing a lot of people who wanted them got them. Unless people are waiting to see if 10c have them first. 

I still think people don't know this was released.
    Thursday night walmart on the 10th? Pretty random. most likely most tuned out when they saw the newsletter.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    pjpitt89 said:
    12 hours is a long time just based on the numbers we know for fresh pressed.  That could easily be 10k-15k.  I would have to think it’s a lot more if people were able to buy as many as they wanted 
    That’s a lot for a PJ album in the middle of the night with no announcement and only US sales.   I’d say half that if not less.  
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178
    Loujoe said:
    Thursday night walmart on the 10th? Pretty random. most likely most tuned out when they saw the newsletter.

Someone over @ Walmart is a huge Pearl Jam fan that just went ahead and put these up on the 10th of the month. He / she knows. 
    tino_11 said:

I still think people don't know this was released.
    Yup. Everyone I texted about it was unaware.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Anyone know of a good parcel forwarder. From US to UK. Ive got one for France and Australia to help ship other exclusives but have never from the US. Looking for one that people have used successfully before. Just want to be ready if more appear. 

• FR181798 said:
    Anyone know of a good parcel forwarder. From US to UK. Ive got one for France and Australia to help ship other exclusives but have never from the US. Looking for one that people have used successfully before. Just want to be ready if more appear. 

Search about 2 pages back and there is mention of one.
    FR181798 said:

Search about 2 pages back and there is mention of one.
    Yeah looking for one that someone has had a good experience with and used a few times.
  • kenkkenk Posts: 213
    That’s a lot for a PJ album in the middle of the night with no announcement and only US sales.   I’d say half that if not less.  
    100% agree. If you didn't happen to check this forum, or if you aren't a record collecting nerd like me who is on 3 other forums all the time just to find things like this then you probably never knew it happened. That being said i'm sure the flippers out there bought way more than 1 copy as they are probably easily returnable if they end up not being super limited. But 15k overnight/US only is a stretch.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,461
    Just saw this. For those wondering on the quality, I can say I’ve been happy with the Walmart exclusives I’ve purchased. The Metallica presses are excellent. 
  • tylerj said:
    igotid88 said:
    tylerj said:
    igotid88 said:
    tylerj said:
    igotid88 said:
    I'm still surprised no one complained about the price
    $35 for a double LP is not that crazy, at least in the last 5 years or so. 
    They were complaining about Gigaton's price
    $35 and the $40 for a single LP is outrageous. Should be no more than $25. 
    Gigaton is a double lp
    Somehow forgot about that. Haha. Was really 3LP with one of the uncreative etchings on side D. I personally didn't mind spending the $35 for Gigaton. Was quality gatefold and booklet and the album itself was the best sounding (mixing, mastering, etc)  PJ album in a long time. Not audiophile by any means, but I don't have a problem paying a bit premium for a good sounding vinyl record. It's what makes the hobby worth it imo. 

What did the booklet give you? 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Why split this into 2. Almost certain that whoever buys one will buy the other. Able to charge more I guess but its maybe to do with single wide spine sleeves being cheaper, quicker and easier to make than a fancy gatefold.