Options

Got Picks?

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,801
    brianlux said:
    I posted this in Musicians and Gearheads, but just for fun, here it is again.  For 54 years I've been using teardrops like the one on the left, and after all this time, four days straight going to a standard pick- the one I grabbed at random a few days ago on the right.  Crazy!
    IMG

To a non musician, what's the difference? I know this technical guitar wizard and he uses small delicate picks. 
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040

Is there any way to find out what these are worth?
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    @elwayvedder ^  
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048

I can try to help. PIck prices ebb and flow depending on supply and demand.  Prices have tanked lately unfortunately.
    I cant tell you a price on that Key/HBS one. I dont  recognize it. What is it?
    EV Batmobile in black: $35 - $50
    Stone Backspacer: $25-$35
    Stone Let the Record Play: $20-30
    Mike White Peace: $15-20
    Mike black hockeytalker: $15-20
    Jeff one: $50-75
    Jeff mr point proto from Vs deluxe box: ???  It's not an official member pick and made for the box so depends on what someone wants to pay for it, if they want it etc
    Jeff Heaven: $20-25
    Jeff Feels Like 40: $50-75
    EV Batgirl on White: $35-50
    EV Stars N Stripes/Evil Knievel: $20-30
    Mike Palm Tree: $15-20
    Mike Lost Dogs: $25-35
  • Options
    mrezooc said:

Here is my first frame. Just got a second one. I’ll post the other one once it’s filled. 
    @mrezooc - that angel cherub - that's amazing but please tell me you didn't get that recently off of ebay and seller "guitarpickguru"?
    Also, amazing that you have not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 EV black uke picks!?  WOW!!
  • Options

I can try to help. PIck prices ebb and flow depending on supply and demand.  Prices have tanked lately unfortunately.
    Jeff mr point proto from Vs deluxe box: ???  It's not an official member pick and made for the box so depends on what someone wants to pay for it, if they want it etc
    WOW!  Much appreciated on the help!  The HBS pick is from Ben Shepherd's solo album In Deep Owl.  I'm thinking of selling the whole lot, and wanted to get a ball park price. So $250 for all, would be a fair price?
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options

WOW!  Much appreciated on the help!  The HBS pick is from Ben Shepherd's solo album In Deep Owl.  I'm thinking of selling the whole lot, and wanted to get a ball park price. So $250 for all, would be a fair price?
    that should sell fast although selling picks as a lot can be difficult.  if you are on facebook, feel free to post them for sale:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1213603578680212
  • Options

that should sell fast although selling picks as a lot can be difficult.  if you are on facebook, feel free to post them for sale:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1213603578680212
    Unfortunately, I don't do Facebook.
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,736
    Loujoe said:
    brianlux said:
    I posted this in Musicians and Gearheads, but just for fun, here it is again.  For 54 years I've been using teardrops like the one on the left, and after all this time, four days straight going to a standard pick- the one I grabbed at random a few days ago on the right.  Crazy!
    IMG

To a non musician, what's the difference? I know this technical guitar wizard and he uses small delicate picks. 

Good question.  For me it was simply what I was introduced to and I never really questioned why.  In fact, I had to look it up just now and found this:
    "Teardrop-Shaped Picks
    This style of the guitar pick is designed for accuracy and speed, but requires more finger strength to use properly. They are thinner to be able to use without dropping frequently, which also makes them pretty versatile when some strumming is also necessary."

So it makes sense that I might gravitate more now toward a stand pick shape since my hands have osteoarthritis and are not young.
    Do not say "old".  :lol:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,001
    Got lucky & getting these on the European tour. Mike flicked one out hit my palm & fell out, that would of been special 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    Nice! Thx!!  Sometimes picks bounce off. I saw a fan in a MM blizzard. one was stuck to her. Saw her the next day and asked if she got a pick. None. (Unless she got a bunch and didn't want to share). I think I'm gonna go home and throw picks at myself to practice.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,968
    I can't describe  my love for pearl jam picks.
    I think its the  best feeling to get a new one
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    ^you get it^ 
    That box of picks Jeff shared with us in mystery boxes was sooo coool.
    I still haven't planted any picks in my garden. I want a fall harvest of fresh picks. Yummy
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,001
    Loujoe said:
    Nice! Thx!!  Sometimes picks bounce off. I saw a fan in a MM blizzard. one was stuck to her. Saw her the next day and asked if she got a pick. None. (Unless she got a bunch and didn't want to share). I think I'm gonna go home and throw picks at myself to practice.
    Would of been so special if it stuck coming straight from playing his strat into my hand
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    True^^give you something to chase after. My stage used mike pick from london ca 2013. Nice to see a little wear on it! That pick had some mccready magic trapped inside. After the song I started a 'mike chant'. He chucked the pick our way and bounced off a bout five people. Didn't know where it went. My friend saw it by her foot, stepped on it.  Straight into my wallet into the frame. Great memory. Also snagged a kapow pick too.
  • Options
    Bump. Show us your Canada  scores 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,893

Yay!! I got my first picks. The EV was handed to me from the stage after he played a song with it in Camden. The SBWM Mike was thrown to the crowd at Camden. It has an M on the back. The black Mike was given to me from a friend after MSG. It has a K on the back. I love them all. 
  • Options
    Super cool. Congrats!
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    GlowGirl said:

Yay!! I got my first picks. The EV was handed to me from the stage after he played a song with it in Camden. The SBWM Mike was thrown to the crowd at Camden. It has an M on the back. The black Mike was given to me from a friend after MSG. It has a K on the back. I love them all. 
    Nice!!
  • Options
    mrezoocmrezooc Posts: 124
    That’s Awesome!! Congrats.
  • Options
    Great score, GG, congrats. 
  • Options
    Thanks. Maybe you experts know how to best display them. I have a Pete Townshend pick in a frame with a signed ticket, but don’t know how picks alone would look in a frame. What’s the best thing to do with them. 
  • Options
    I cut a matt, write how I got pick, song that was played with it (for stage score), show date. Maybe print picture from show? Have fun with those treasures. 
  • Options

• Options
    Loujoe said:

That is great. Thanks for the idea. I will have to see if I remember what song was played with my Ed pick. 
  • Options
    Watch youtube. Maybe you can see the hand off. Supercool!
  • Options
    I was at the Camden show in the pit but, of course, was standing in the one area Mike DIDN’T throw picks. I was also at MSG. If anyone has a McCready pick from either of those shows, I’d be very interested in buying it. Thanks!
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    I haven't gotten new picks in ages, but was happy to get these 2 last week: (it's 2 identical Jeff picks, but one shows front, one back)

• Options
    Jeff picks are my favourites.  If you want to trade one i would  love to
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Jeff picks are my favourites.  If you want to trade one i would  love to
    Definitely considering it, PM'd you.