Got Picks?

Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    All gold Dana.  Those shows must have been killer!
    Spike pick is smoking.  I got one from him but he uses plain orange tortex picks with no graphics now. He said he would draw something on mine! Nahh.
    Yep I've swiped and laughed a few times. I feel like I'm saving them from destruction. 

Pulled Vinny Stigma's right from his clenched teeth. 

watched this pick sail through the air and land in the pit at Terminal 5 nyc show. Moshed my way over to it. It's  a massive one.
    edited February 2022
    old friend is drummer for this prog metal band sx. Pick was obtained from a show at Grammercy  nyc. Spotted a couple in the stage and asked roadie for one.  Guitarist is fantastic. I think it's  one of those 'teardrop 'picks blux was talking about.
    Post edited by Loujoe on
    Crazy blues  guitarist. Please check out his stuff.
    lastly  a beautifully shredded pick from our friend Joseph Arthur  who seems to talk too much lately. It was from the first show they did ballad of boogie christ. Warm up show. Caught him playing at some dudes house.
  • JH6056 said:
    My days of wanting or getting guitar picks for myself are pretty much long ago... But as the mom of a 12 yr old, a few months ago I got the chance to be "The BEST Mom Ever" when, after taking her to see Willow Smith, and a crowd screaming for guitar picks during & after the show, I was the only person who quietly secured a guitar pick and setlist for my daughter, who was literally like "MOM! Where did you get those???" and she got the cool points from all her friends.

Honestly, while I do like Willow myself (she's a talented songwriter & quite good live!), I was mesmerized by her guitar picks during the show so really, I wanted one too LOL! They were so sparkly...

Also, though not a guitar pick, the only time in recent years (and as we reopened live shows) I really wanted something from a musician onstage, it was during our 1st indoor concert back in Sept, the Roots, and at the end of the show ?uestlove the incredible drummer/music director/film director/music professor held up a drumstick like "Who wants it?" and I started waving like crazy from my seat about 7 rows back, and he saw me and threw it almost directly to me, and when I tell you if there was video of me climbing on my seat trying to catch it, barely missing it, getting airborne & ending up across the armrests of 3 seats in our row on my back, laughing like crazy but masked so everyone thought I was crying, and the couple who did catch it handing it to me and saying "Um, I think this was meant for you... and you seem to really want it..." Yeah, I'm old, but I'm still willing to go all in for things that are truly worthwhile ;)  =)=)  !  So this was the only thing I asked for for me in a long while - super happy to have it on the bookshelf next to my desk...

Side note on this.  If you haven't heard Willow Smiths new music, please do.  I can guarantee most of you will actually enjoy it.  Very indie sounding.
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Loujoe said:
    Hilarious!!! 

Yep. When i worked hard(waiting all night) for rail it always felt wild to turn around and face the crowd. Gave me a tiny sense of how a band must feel. 
    Missed this when you first posted it, yes, isn'nt that crazy to turn around and see from the very front? Except I'm super short, so when I turn around from the front row, all I see is the chest and neck of the people behind me... =)
    Loujoe said:
    My 'foil' pick. Brian Kehoe  (talented unique guitarist) floor score at Les Claypool's duo de twang show at Mckittrick hotel in nyc feb 2014. Pretty pick was waiting for me on the floor.
    Purty! I dig the foil thing!
    JH6056 said:
    My days of wanting or getting guitar picks for myself are pretty much long ago... But as the mom of a 12 yr old, a few months ago I got the chance to be "The BEST Mom Ever" when, after taking her to see Willow Smith, and a crowd screaming for guitar picks during & after the show, I was the only person who quietly secured a guitar pick and setlist for my daughter, who was literally like "MOM! Where did you get those???" and she got the cool points from all her friends.

Honestly, while I do like Willow myself (she's a talented songwriter & quite good live!), I was mesmerized by her guitar picks during the show so really, I wanted one too LOL! They were so sparkly...

Also, though not a guitar pick, the only time in recent years (and as we reopened live shows) I really wanted something from a musician onstage, it was during our 1st indoor concert back in Sept, the Roots, and at the end of the show ?uestlove the incredible drummer/music director/film director/music professor held up a drumstick like "Who wants it?" and I started waving like crazy from my seat about 7 rows back, and he saw me and threw it almost directly to me, and when I tell you if there was video of me climbing on my seat trying to catch it, barely missing it, getting airborne & ending up across the armrests of 3 seats in our row on my back, laughing like crazy but masked so everyone thought I was crying, and the couple who did catch it handing it to me and saying "Um, I think this was meant for you... and you seem to really want it..." Yeah, I'm old, but I'm still willing to go all in for things that are truly worthwhile ;)  =)=)  !  So this was the only thing I asked for for me in a long while - super happy to have it on the bookshelf next to my desk...

Side note on this.  If you haven't heard Willow Smiths new music, please do.  I can guarantee most of you will actually enjoy it.  Very indie sounding.
    Riiiight? First I just listened so I wouldn't be totally bored at the show when I took my daughter. Then I started listening to whole albums, and especially the new one, is damn catchy and for pop music it's got weighty subjects and really good music!

She's also very very good live.

Next stop is next week, we got tix for Billie Eilish way back when, only to find when support bands were announced, Willow is opening our show. I'm actually really excited, because Eilish is fantastic live, even if one is not into the music itself, the SHOW is fantastic.  And I like Eilish's music too, courtesy of my kiddo again.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited February 2022
    Gift from a friend a while back. 

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited February 2022
    Woah^^^Just listening to him today^always disturbing and pleasing. Them or Us. There are a lot of wild solos. I think Jeff Beck may be playing on that too.
    Post edited by Loujoe on
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    JH6056 said:
    eeriepadave, since we're in the "Other Music" section I didn't say anything about Pearl Jam picks, but that yellow Tortex Dunlop pick? I got one of those from Mike McCready, so any chance that's where you got yours too? Mine looks exactly like that. 

slight possibility? Only show I can think of where I would have even had a show would either be PJ Philly '13 (since i was in GA) or a Tres Mts. show?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    JH6056 said:
    eeriepadave, since we're in the "Other Music" section I didn't say anything about Pearl Jam picks, but that yellow Tortex Dunlop pick? I got one of those from Mike McCready, so any chance that's where you got yours too? Mine looks exactly like that. 

slight possibility? Only show I can think of where I would have even had a show would either be PJ Philly '13 (since i was in GA) or a Tres Mts. show?
    I'd guess Tres Mts is more likely... I'm not sure which show I got mine at either, but I do remember it literally landed on me, like I didn't realize he was throwing them. And that woulda been more like '08 for me most likely, or '06.

But I guess it's a very popular pick in general, so maybe it was a totally non-PJ show you got yours at.... A fun mystery!
    Bump to shake some pics of picks. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    edited April 2022

Got the purple one at the Jerry Cantrell show last night. He threw a bunch into the crowd at the end of the show.

And I totally forgot i had this Pearl Jam one. One of my PJ friends gave it to me 7-8 years ago. NI forget where she got it though. Or if she had it framed or what the story was. I'll have to ask her again.
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Sweet. Thanks for sharing. I missssss pickssssss.....
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368

Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    Cool score.  Like that design. Nice stage wear too! Will check out that band. Don't know them.
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,342
    From the first LA show. 

Y E S. Nice work. Thx for posting. :)
  • smdevinesmdevine Posts: 126
    edited May 2022
    From LA
    Post edited by smdevine on
    Wowie zowwwie! @lastexitlondon
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Anyone get any other band member?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,342

I have nice friends.
    U do. Party on!  Thx for posting :)
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    smdevine said:
    From LA
    Wow, nice!!
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    Got these in Cleveland after seeing the last night of Tool’s NA leg in March. I had 5th row & spotted Chancellor’s pick on the floor when the lights came up, & Jones’ pick was given to me by a couple members of the production crew I bumped into at the airport the day after. 

I have nice friends.
    Holy  shit
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    smdevine said:
    From LA
    He won the  lottery . When  he was boooorn
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07