Options

This thread must stay alive. Forever.

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
edited January 2022 in A Moving Train
Let's start with this doozy:
“The concern is misplaced, because if you look at the statistics, African American voters are voting in just as high a percentage as Americans,” McConnell said.
-Mitch McConnell
This should be fun!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    brianlux said:
    “The concern is misplaced, because if you look at the statistics, African American voters are voting in just as high a percentage as Americans,” McConnell said.
    -Mitch McConnell
    This should be fun!

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black." Joe Biden
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,931
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    -Mitch McConnell
    This should be fun!

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black." Joe Biden
    First quote I thought of but i didn’t feel
    like hearing the what about trump crowd. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,358
    "Mission Accomplished "
    #43 George W Bush

May 1 2003

from wiki

The withdrawal of the United States troops from Iraq began in December 2007 with the end of the Iraq War troop surge of 2007 and was mostly completed by December 2011, bringing an end to the Iraq War. The number of U.S. military forces in Iraq peaked at 170,300 in November 2007.

THEN.......

In 2014, the advance of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) from Syria to Iraq's western provinces prompted the U.S. to intervene again, alongside other militaries, to combat ISIL. In January 2019, Secretary Pompeo put the number of U.S. troops in Iraq at approximately 5,000.[14] In early 2020 the Iraqi parliament voted to withdraw all remaining troops and the Iraqi Prime Minister told the U.S. to start working on troop withdrawal.[15]

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    -Mitch McConnell
    This should be fun!

I posted it fully expecting to be flamed.  It is not uncommon for old white politicians to say stupid racial things. to give equal air time to the other guy
    “We have people coming into the country or trying to come in — and we’re stopping a lot of them — but we’re taking people out of the country. You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are. These aren’t people. These are animals.” Donald Trump

Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    -Mitch McConnell
    This should be fun!

I posted it fully expecting to be flamed.  It is not uncommon for old white politicians to say stupid racial things. to give equal air time to the other guy
    “We have people coming into the country or trying to come in — and we’re stopping a lot of them — but we’re taking people out of the country. You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are. These aren’t people. These are animals.” Donald Trump

I don't see a problem with that statement at all.  He's right...any blacks that vote for tRump are voting against their own interests.  Unless they are racist millionaires.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,156
    "It's one thing if it's a minor incursion and we end up having to fight about what to do and not do," Biden told reporters
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    -Mitch McConnell
    This should be fun!

I don't see a problem with that statement at all.  He's right...any blacks that vote for tRump are voting against their own interests.  Unless they are racist millionaires.
    Or grifters like candace owens
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    -Mitch McConnell
    This should be fun!

an old white guy telling a group of black people, "they ain't black" because they like another white guy more than him isn't problematic in your eyes? seriously?

I don't even know where to begin with that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,413
    When Fabio said that thing about it not being butter. I'm still in disbelief.
  • Options
    "We love you. You're very special."
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    -Mitch McConnell
    This should be fun!

an old white guy telling a group of black people, "they ain't black" because they like another white guy more than him isn't problematic in your eyes? seriously?

I really don't see a problem.  He's right. I've been saying for years that any African-Americans that vote GOP are voting against their own self interests.

The same applies to white working class/blue collar/union workers. 

If he substituted "union members" for "black" the same would apply.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,375
    Hobbes said:

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    -Mitch McConnell
    This should be fun!

I really don't see a problem.  He's right. I've been saying for years that any African-Americans that vote GOP are voting against their own self interests.

I would think that “being black” goes a bit beyond the political spectrum.  It is a problematic comment, hands down.  Now, if he would have said, “if you are black and vote and vote for Trump, you are voting against your own self interests”, then it would have been a little less degrading.
  • Options
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    -Mitch McConnell
    This should be fun!

yeah, but he didn't say "voting against your own interests". he said "you aren't black". just imagine someone on the other side of the aisle saying that...especially Trump... 

I'd like to see the reaction a white guy got if he tried saying that face to face to an African American. I don't think "I meant your own interests" would help you back out of it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Poncier said:
    Hobbes said:

what an absolute freak accident. a bird running into that beak. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    -Mitch McConnell
    This should be fun!

yeah, but he didn't say "voting against your own interests". he said "you aren't black". just imagine someone on the other side of the aisle saying that...especially Trump... 

I'd like to see the reaction a white guy got if he tried saying that face to face to an African American. I don't think "I meant your own interests" would help you back out of it. 
    well....he said it directly to an african american radio host so I guess we could look back at what the host's reaction was?

• Options
    Charlamagne responded, "It don't have nothing to do with Trump. It has to do with the fact, I want something for my community."
      "Take a look at my record, man!" Biden shot back.
      Later on Friday afternoon, Biden addressed his comments in a call with the US Black Chamber of Commerce, saying, "I shouldn't have been so cavalier" and insisting he doesn't take black voters for granted.
      "The bottom line of all of this perhaps I was much too cavalier. I know that the comments have come off like I was taking the African American vote for granted but nothing could be further from the truth. I've never, ever done that and I've earned it every time I've run," he said.
      "I was making the point that I never take the vote for granted and in fact I know in order to win the presidency, I need the African American vote," Biden said. "I shouldn't have been such a wise guy. I shouldn't have been so cavalier."

• Options
      static111 said:
      nicknyr15 said:
      static111 said:
      brianlux said:
      -Mitch McConnell
      This should be fun!

well....he said it directly to an african american radio host so I guess we could look back at what the host's reaction was?
      Biden said "If you have a problem figuring out if you're for me or Trump, you ain't black."

"It ain't about Trump" responded the host, Charlemagne.

Charlemagne was challenging Biden on his own policies and asking how his policies would help black people. And typically, as we see a lot on this board in regards to Biden, Biden's response was basically "I'm not Trump."
      2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
      http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    • Options
      mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
      Hobbes said:
      LOL
      I LOVE MUSIC.
      www.cluthelee.com
      www.cluthe.com
    • Options
      static111 said:
      nicknyr15 said:
      static111 said:
      brianlux said:
      -Mitch McConnell
      This should be fun!

Biden said "If you have a problem figuring out if you're for me or Trump, you ain't black."

Charlemagne was challenging Biden on his own policies and asking how his policies would help black people. And typically, as we see a lot on this board in regards to Biden, Biden's response was basically "I'm not Trump."
      Yeah and again...a legit response.

Just look at tRump's recent rally. There are always a few African Americans behind him with "Blacks for tRump" shirts on.

You think they aren't paid? 

• Options
      dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
      "You go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have."
      --Rummy
      I SAW PEARL JAM
    • Options
      static111 said:
      nicknyr15 said:
      static111 said:
      brianlux said:
      -Mitch McConnell
      This should be fun!

Just look at tRump's recent rally. There are always a few African Americans behind him with "Blacks for tRump" shirts on.

lol, of course. 
      2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    • Options
      "If they call me, I got nothing to hide. I've said all along, 'I have nothing to hide.'"

"I don't know how you can ever convince me that POOTWH* didn't actually win this thing."

Gym Jordan

*my edit
      09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
    • Options
      static111 said:
      nicknyr15 said:
      static111 said:
      brianlux said:
      -Mitch McConnell
      This should be fun!

lol, of course. 
      Yes Captain thread police we were discussing Biden/Trump

• Options
      static111 said:
      nicknyr15 said:
      static111 said:
      brianlux said:
      -Mitch McConnell
      This should be fun!

lol, of course. 
      Oh lord, "thread police." No I'm not talking the thread. I'm talking about always going back to Trump. I wonder if every president for the rest of my life will get this treatment...where any sort of critique or comment about him/her will be met with "But what about Trump!?!"

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    • Options
      static111 said:
      nicknyr15 said:
      static111 said:
      brianlux said:
      -Mitch McConnell
      This should be fun!

lol, of course. 
      Oh lord, "thread police." No I'm not talking the thread. I'm talking about always going back to Trump. I wonder if every president for the rest of my life will get this treatment...where any sort of critique or comment about him/her will be met with "But what about Trump!?!"
      No idea...but when the comment being discussed was made by Biden and referred to tRump it is kind of hard to avoid.

Sorry to say

• Options
      mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
      static111 said:
      nicknyr15 said:
      static111 said:
      brianlux said:
      -Mitch McConnell
      This should be fun!

lol, of course. 
      The new bar is as long as trump did something worse, you can’t complain. Applies to all politicians and thread topics.
    • Options
      mace1229 said:
      static111 said:
      nicknyr15 said:
      static111 said:
      brianlux said:
      -Mitch McConnell
      This should be fun!

lol, of course. 
      The new bar is as long as trump did something worse, you can’t complain. Applies to all politicians and thread topics.
      Even though it's the epitome of "whataboutism," I understand why Trump haters and/or Biden lovers do this. He was the previous president, and he was awful. Hopefully it's just a Biden thing since he's the immediate successor, and it doesn't last through multiple administrations. Like, do German people criticize Angela Merkel? Or do they throw up their hands and say "Hey, we once had a WAY worse chancellor."

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    • Options
      People can complain, nothing stops anyone from complaining. Next thing we know, some might complain about being canceled but yet, they’re still complaining. Complain away but do complain when asked to justify your complaint or back up your complaint or to compare your complaint. Some threads on the forums’ are the complaints department. Complain away.

Brilliantati©
    • Options
      The new trend is to complain every time tRump is mentioned. As if he isn't in the news every day.

This discussion has been closed.