Pearl Jam's new album ”Dark Matter” ! Single out!

Comments

• raindog80raindog80 Posts: 1,154
    Let me clarify this:

Charlie Watts is the Rolling Stones' drummer.
    Andrew Watt is the producer.

=) 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,687
    raindog80 said:
    Let me clarify this:

=) 
    Mike Watt is the bassist.
  • 50,000 watts are in many classic rock stations that play Pearl Jam.
    mvw said:
    raindog80 said:
    Let me clarify this:

=) 
    Mike Watt is the bassist.
    TRUE! The great MIKE WATT! 
    pearljamonline.it
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    raindog80 said:
    Let me clarify this:

=) 
    I think Charlie Watts passed away recently. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Yes Charlie died
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    raindog80 said:
    Let me clarify this:

=) 
    Yep, two years ago unfortunately. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • 77777777 Posts: 163
    121 gigawatts gifs  WiffleGif
  • Gigaton was a great record, excited to see what’s next from the boys. 
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,920
    Gigaton was a great record, excited to see what’s next from the boys. 
    +1
  • Goddamn it I love it when Clutch pops up!
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    raindog80 said:
    raindog80 said:
    Let me clarify this:

=) 
    Yep, two years ago unfortunately. 
    Andrew is a proud standard bearer of his family name. We are lucky to have him in the Pearl Jam orbit. 
    www.myspace.com
  • dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 384
    Gigaton was a great record, excited to see what’s next from the boys. 
    Gigaton had one truly great track: DOTC

It had one excellent track: WES

It had a good handful of moderately strong tracks: QE, CTG, Retrograde, Alright, SBWM, RC, 7'OC

It had a few filler tracks: Never Dest, Buckle, TTLW

I would never call Gig a 'great' record. On the whole, it's an enjoyable listen and so much better than LB and measurably better than BS.  

At best, it would be middle of the pack for me. Maybe I shouldn't, but I am hoping for something stronger that Gig (approaching Yield in terms of cover to cover quality). I'm sure ill be disappointed!
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 721
    Gigaton was unique in the catalog, it really has a specific feel of its own. And love it or hate it, not every band is still pushing themselves like that on album 11. I respect that a ton. 
    But for me at least, Gigaton is a hard listen now. It’s the sound of a year spent driving to work at the hospital on empty roads. It’s the sensation of the earbuds being pushed by the PPE. I loved it at the time, franklly it was a lifeline that year. But like a few other 2020 records I played a ton (dogleg, Fiona Apple, Deftones & Hum among others, ‘20 was a strong release year weirdly) I can’t really listen to it on it’s own merits now.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    kmcmanus said:
    Gigaton was unique in the catalog, it really has a specific feel of its own. And love it or hate it, not every band is still pushing themselves like that on album 11. I respect that a ton. 
    But for me at least, Gigaton is a hard listen now. It’s the sound of a year spent driving to work at the hospital on empty roads. It’s the sensation of the earbuds being pushed by the PPE. I loved it at the time, franklly it was a lifeline that year. But like a few other 2020 records I played a ton (dogleg, Fiona Apple, Deftones & Hum among others, ‘20 was a strong release year weirdly) I can’t really listen to it on it’s own merits now.
    Well put, it is weird  to listen to, evokes same feelings… that’s why if I listen, try bootlegs instead of album

thanks for your work! 
  • kmcmanus said:
    Def came out during the weirdest times of our lives and certainly brings back memories of stress and fear and all the garbage that came with Covid but imo is a great record and has a feel totally different then LB. I think everyone has their own tastes and what they like but retrograde, quick escape, River cross and WES sound great live and great on the record. I’m excited for the next release and that’s it. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,901
    SM187650 said:
    Wow we need some news here. 
  • STONE?!?!?  FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!  

LOOK WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO THIS THREAD?!?!
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,386
    I think they should drop something February 29th, 2024 because it's a Magical Leap Day 😇
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,386
    kmcmanus said:
    Def came out during the weirdest times of our lives and certainly brings back memories of stress and fear and all the garbage that came with Covid but imo is a great record and has a feel totally different then LB. I think everyone has their own tastes and what they like but retrograde, quick escape, River cross and WES sound great live and great on the record. I’m excited for the next release and that’s it. 
    Man, I'm lucky it reminds me of love, and within that context Matt's song fits.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,138
    demetrios said:
    Cool! Love that photo underneath of PJ members, Watt and (others) ? I wonder what the 60 represents? Birthday!? Did Mattt turn 60 this year?
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Love Matt's son and mum with Soundgarden Xmas jumpers on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,901
    demetrios said:
    Cool! Love that photo underneath of PJ members, Watt and (others) ? I wonder what the 60 represents? Birthday!? Did Mattt turn 60 this year?

I'm not sure. Matt turned 61 last month.

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,701
    Jeff turned 60
    I miss igotid88
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,107
    edited December 2023
    kmcmanus said:
     But for me at least, Gigaton is a hard listen now. It’s the sound of a year spent driving to work at the hospital on empty roads. It’s the sensation of the earbuds being pushed by the PPE. I loved it at the time, franklly it was a lifeline that year. 
    THIS. I posted about this once... https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/297517/gigaton-revisited#latest
    Post edited by bobasfeet on
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 891
    I've always felt Gigaton was such a well-crafted album no matter how I or anyone else feels about the songs on any given day (and it changes for me).
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Spunkie said:
    I think they should drop something February 29th, 2024 because it's a Magical Leap Day 😇
    I like your thinking, but I don’t want to wait that long 😜
    I’m hoping for an all in one album/single/tour date announcement which with a little luck should come sooner
  • Jcanr20Jcanr20 Illinois Posts: 159
    kmcmanus said:
    I loved it at first, but I was severely depressed at the time and recovering from a failed suicide attempt that cost me part of a leg below the knee and so much more. It's hard to listen to now. It just takes me right back to that time and it's unbearable. I'm not doing great now, but I keep telling myself to hang on for the new record and maybe things will get better.