Pearl Jam's new album ”Dark Matter” ! Single out!

Comments

• It’ll always get better man, new record or not
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,687
    Jcanr20 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Gigaton was unique in the catalog, it really has a specific feel of its own. And love it or hate it, not every band is still pushing themselves like that on album 11. I respect that a ton. 
    But for me at least, Gigaton is a hard listen now. It’s the sound of a year spent driving to work at the hospital on empty roads. It’s the sensation of the earbuds being pushed by the PPE. I loved it at the time, franklly it was a lifeline that year. But like a few other 2020 records I played a ton (dogleg, Fiona Apple, Deftones & Hum among others, ‘20 was a strong release year weirdly) I can’t really listen to it on it’s own merits now.
    I loved it at first, but I was severely depressed at the time and recovering from a failed suicide attempt that cost me part of a leg below the knee and so much more. It's hard to listen to now. It just takes me right back to that time and it's unbearable. I'm not doing great now, but I keep telling myself to hang on for the new record and maybe things will get better.
    There is a spring time ahead for you.  Stay strong.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,569
    Spunkie said:
    I think they should drop something February 29th, 2024 because it's a Magical Leap Day 😇
    "Magical Leap Day", I love it- never heard it called that, but I love it.  Good plan T!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,901
    igotid88 said:
    Jeff turned 60

Ah, that must be it.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,040
    Jcanr20 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Gigaton was unique in the catalog, it really has a specific feel of its own. And love it or hate it, not every band is still pushing themselves like that on album 11. I respect that a ton. 
    But for me at least, Gigaton is a hard listen now. It’s the sound of a year spent driving to work at the hospital on empty roads. It’s the sensation of the earbuds being pushed by the PPE. I loved it at the time, franklly it was a lifeline that year. But like a few other 2020 records I played a ton (dogleg, Fiona Apple, Deftones & Hum among others, ‘20 was a strong release year weirdly) I can’t really listen to it on it’s own merits now.
    I loved it at first, but I was severely depressed at the time and recovering from a failed suicide attempt that cost me part of a leg below the knee and so much more. It's hard to listen to now. It just takes me right back to that time and it's unbearable. I'm not doing great now, but I keep telling myself to hang on for the new record and maybe things will get better.
    Hoping things improve for you and 2024 sees things work out positively for you. 

If you ever need a friendly ear and someone to bounce a few messages off send me a PM. 

• bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 761
    pdalowsky said:
    Jcanr20 said:
    kmcmanus said:

If you ever need a friendly ear and someone to bounce a few messages off send me a PM. 

Sending you some positive energy. Here’s to a better year ahead.
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,541
    edited January 4
    pdalowsky said:
    Jcanr20 said:
    kmcmanus said:

Same from me (and Paul is one of the best dudes around). I have a feeling this record is going to be a spiritual rebirth for the band, and all of us. Good time to be a PJ fan :clap:

Post edited by Go Animal on
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,901
    It’ll always get better man, new record or not

Yes, it'll get better.
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,247
    mcgruff10 said:
    I definitely have not been too impressed with the new ev stuff.  Kind of blah.  Just my .02. 
    👆
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,895
    Jcanr20 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Stay in touch. When the tour is announced if you’re able to attend a show whether GA or reserved with my seniority if it’s a ticket to a show you can attend that I’m holding it’s yours for free.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,386
    edited January 4
    ^ That's very sweet Pacer, thanks for making this a great community!
    Give pacer a DM @Jcanr20!
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,852
    Jcanr20 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Hey, better days ahead, stay positive as life will get better. Don’t give up ! New record, new tour coming, lots to be excited about. I know life is hard but always better to talk with friends, family, random pearl Jam fans if times get tough. We all have been through tough times but my motto is that living is the best revenge. Keep your chin up. 
    100 Pacer said:
    Jcanr20 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Stay in touch. When the tour is announced if you’re able to attend a show whether GA or reserved with my seniority if it’s a ticket to a show you can attend that I’m holding it’s yours for free.
    floored, absolute legend as always. 
    Go Animal said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Jcanr20 said:
    kmcmanus said:

Same from me (and Paul is one of the best dudes around). I have a feeling this record is going to be a spiritual rebirth for the band, and all of us. Good time to be a PJ fan :clap: :

Happy new year Matthias - hope 2024 is going to be very kind to you. I'll whatsapp you soon and catch up
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,541
    Spunkie said:
    ^ That's very sweet Pacer, thanks for making this a great community!
    Give pacer a DM @Jcanr20!
    Huge act of kindness from 100Pacer (especially considering he & SHZA are arguably the 2 greatest acquisition men, when it comes to tickets 😅)
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • MM70435MM70435 Posts: 279
    Go Animal said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Jcanr20 said:
    kmcmanus said:

Same from me (and Paul is one of the best dudes around). I have a feeling this record is going to be a spiritual rebirth for the band, and all of us. Good time to be a PJ fan :clap:

Not quite all of us because Gigaton was that album to me.  It renewed by long time love for the band.  So much so I sort of hate a new album coming out because so many great songs off Gigaton that will vanish into oblivion.  I agree it a good time to be a PJ fan though.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 -  Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
    MM70435 said:
    Go Animal said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Jcanr20 said:
    kmcmanus said:

Not quite all of us because Gigaton was that album to me.  It renewed by long time love for the band.  So much so I sort of hate a new album coming out because so many great songs off Gigaton that will vanish into oblivion.  I agree it a good time to be a PJ fan though.
    I see your point here too, we haven't had much chance to see all of gigaton live properly yet given the pandemic. I would have loved to have seen 7 o clock but having had only one tour and a few cancelled dates amongst that run of shows it never happened. 

Still a bit gutted that I never caught getaway and infallible from the LB run and we got plenty of tours there .......

Such is life. 
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,438
    Jcanr20 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    I’m so sorry to hear. Stay strong brother. Life can be hard at times, but remember there’s always things to look forward to- even little things. Sometimes it’s best to just focus on the little things and take it one day at a time. And this year we have a new record and a big world tour to look forward to. Music has an incredible healing power. And when things get tough, just remember that in the scheme of the billions of years that the universe has been around, we all happen to be fortunate enough to live in that very small segment in time when PJ has been around and has provided us with so much amazing music, memories, and joy. I wish nothing but the best for you over the next year, and hope you are able to make it to some shows and experience the unparalleled feeling of collective joy and catharsis that can only come from 20,000 people singing their lungs out to PJ!
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,438
    100 Pacer said:
    Jcanr20 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    What an amazing and incredibly generous gesture. This is why I love this community. 
  • Jcanr20Jcanr20 Illinois Posts: 159
    Thank you everyone. I really appreciate the positive words! 
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Posts: 1,061
    Is there some buffalo reference I don’t get going around? Seen pearljamonline tweet two buffalo related messages tagging Pearl jam and turning off comments. Do they have a hint to album/single name? Or am I desperate for news I’m looking too much into something?
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Posts: 1,061

• BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 643
    Maybe album title or 1st single is White Buffalo, which has the general meaning of rebirth
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,423
    Someone on this forum hinted at buffalo and the album having a connection already. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,280
    PJNB said:
    Someone on this forum hinted at buffalo and the album having a connection already. 
    Yea and then he got accused of not knowing anything and just spreading mis information on a thread dedicated to rumors. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,423
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    Yea and then he got accused of not knowing anything and just spreading mis information on a thread dedicated to rumors. 
    Ya they seemed to know something though I doubt Buffalo gets a show lol
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,111
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    With that guy it was more that he teased knowing the album title, just kinda messed around with people, and never actually said what he knew. Multiple threads.
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 883
    pjl44 said:
    Inicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    With that guy it was more that he teased knowing the album title, just kinda messed around with people, and never actually said what he knew. Multiple threads.
    Uh oh, here comes the PJ thread police again
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,111
    vedpunk said:
    pjl44 said:
    Inicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    Uh oh, here comes the PJ thread police again
    You never told us what's happening next week 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,280
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    All the leakers here have teased info without giving specifics , for years. Even Dimitri. What’s the big deal?