Pearl Jam's new album ”Dark Matter” ! Single out!

Comments

• I think brother the cloud is incredible. I’m excited for new music. Most people on here just want to piss on everything theses guys release. It’s sad. Try and find the positive people. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,701
    Can't please everyone. There are people who said that Eddie was lazy for writing "la la la" in Superblood Wolfmoon and then there are those complaining that he has been writing too many lyrics on the new songs. Probably the same people
    I miss igotid88
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,382
    I think brother the cloud is incredible. I’m excited for new music. Most people on here just want to piss on everything theses guys release. It’s sad. Try and find the positive people. 
    Incredible?  Present tense is incredible, brother the cloud is average at best.   People aren’t pissing on everything, they are just honest.    I ve said gigaton is their best album since yield however the three songs off of new ev is really blah.  I can’t even get thru the haves.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    People were saying No Code was blah back then. 
    I miss igotid88
  • mcgruff10 said:
    I think brother the cloud is incredible. I’m excited for new music. Most people on here just want to piss on everything theses guys release. It’s sad. Try and find the positive people. 
    Incredible?  Present tense is incredible, brother the cloud is average at best.   People aren’t pissing on everything, they are just honest.    I ve said gigaton is their best album since yield however the three songs off of new ev is really blah.  I can’t even get thru the haves.  
    Yes , incredible. I think it’s great. I can appreciate good songs, I don’t  need to call stuff blah. Some people like certain songs, something for everyone. It’s not Pearl Jam, Ed is trying new things. I’m not a huge haves fan but It’s not bad. If you don’t like it, listen to something else. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,382
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yes , incredible. I think it’s great. I can appreciate good songs, I don’t  need to call stuff blah. Some people like certain songs, something for everyone. It’s not Pearl Jam, Ed is trying new things. I’m not a huge haves fan but It’s not bad. If you don’t like it, listen to something else. 
    It’s ok to admit that not everything is great.  You didn’t write it.  ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah but ED.  Gotta be on that D 25/8/366 or you’re not a real fan.

Seriously though Jeff and Mike have been carrying this band creatively since Riot Act.  
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,040
    on2legs said:
    Does anyone else hear some similarities between Brother the Cloud and DotC? Specifically the 2:00 minute mark of BtC and around 1:37 of DotC.  
    Finally someone else agrees............I hear this 100%
    mcgruff10 said:
    Me neither Mike, the Haves leaves me stone cold. Its up there with the worst thing Eds written imo
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think its fair to say most of us, the fans, want to love everything Ed puts out. I mean we listen to the new stuff as soon as its released. Buts its ok on occasion to not be into it and to be honest about it. Its ok to say 'that didnt do it for me'. 
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,273
    pdalowsky said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Me neither Mike, the Haves leaves me stone cold. Its up there with the worst thing Eds written imo
    I really dislike the Haves as well. One of the worst songs EV has ever written. I do really like Brother the Cloud though.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    no band or musician will have the same affect on anyone after 5-10 yrs nevermind 30 years. Im just thankful they are still producing high quality tunes and playing great shows.

DOTC got some negative feedback here.....my friends who know only the PJ hits, love it

Same for Eds Long Way

I think thats the idea......they want to appeal to larger audience, thats why Just Breathe was also a big hit

Working with Watt also feeds into this
    edited January 2022
    CROJAM95 said:
    no band or musician will have the same affect on anyone after 5-10 yrs nevermind 30 years. Im just thankful they are still producing high quality tunes and playing great shows.

DOTC got some negative feedback here.....my friends who know only the PJ hits, love it

Same for Eds Long Way

I think thats the idea......they want to appeal to larger audience, thats why Just Breathe was also a big hit

Working with Watt also feeds into this
    I would say they've earned the right at this point to do whatever they please also......
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,598
    I love this... no surprise that they're working on stuff.... happy
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    I def don’t think any of the band members write songs with the intent of having the whole fan base liking it! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,852
    I def don’t think any of the band members write songs with the intent of having the whole fan base liking it! 
    What ??? 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    What ??? 
    Artist per say usually write songs based on what they feel! If some like it good if some don’t that’s ok too, otherwise they’d keep regurgitating Yield over and over again! That’s my opinion 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    What ??? 
    I believe the proper response is Olé!
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    edited April 2023
    I am excited to see what JKling brings if he is allowed to contribute to recording
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,901
    hrd2imgn said:
    I am excited to see what JKling brings if he is allowed to contribute to recording

He probably will be contributing music with Pearl Jam on their new album.
    I love this... no surprise that they're working on stuff.... happy

Oh yes! :) 
    edited May 2023
    June 5th!!

Gossard also provides an update on the next Pearl Jam album, which is being produced by Andrew Watt, a passionate fan of PJ and Soundgarden, known for his work with Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez. Watt is reportedly pushing for a more immediate and possibly classic sound for the upcoming release.

Post edited by demetrios on
  • dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 683
    Exciting!!!
    Paul D.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,138
    What does a ‘more immediate’ sound mean!? Play your fuckn asses off and don’t over think it.  
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,802
    What about June 5th?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    edited May 2023
    What about June 5th?
    The youtube video will be public. 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    What about June 5th?
    The youtube video will be public. 
    Oh yeah! :) 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    first single next week possibly?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    What does a ‘more immediate’ sound mean!? Play your fuckn asses off and don’t over think it.  
    I think that's exactly what it means
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com