Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Wasn’t FL first state to drop covid restrictions and well over one million people moved there since March 2020? It definitely felt like a beacon of freedom in my case. I don't wish zoom schooling on any parent. 
    This is because of your media consumption.  Fox news and the echo chamber positioned it as such,  and took pains to contrast NY from FL. If a state like Virginia didn't fit that narrative,  then why would they discuss it?  Yes,  a bunch of people moved to Florida,  but did they all do that to avoid masks? Doubtful.  There are other reasons such as early retirement (you can easily find data that shows how many people left the workforce in the pandemic and did not return), no state taxes,  the ability to WFH so why not,  etc. 

What I don't really understand is why this debate continues? We are post pandemic and it's devolved to something similar to Influenza.  And if you study the Influenza pandemic of 1918, you can see the clear correlations of the two situations. 
    are we really post pandemic, though? a lot of researchers and medical professionals disagree with that assessment. 
    Evidently, most from this thread will never get to post pandemic.
    I think "most in this thread" will get to post pandemic when we actually get to post pandemic. 
    I consider us post pandemic.  Whether every scientist or citizen believes it,  I think it's clear that the world has moved on.  People fly without masks,  go to events,  eat in restaurants,  etc. If the definition that there are no deaths or cases,  then we'll never be post pandemic.  Further,  we are still in the Influenza pandemic, 105 years later.  I don't think COVID will ever be eradicated in full. 

Now maybe China is endemic right now,  as they have a breakout. 
  • Options
    The problem is mrna is a code and the  body keeps producing the spike protien on all cells even where its not needed and thats where it causes an issue
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Most people here have had covid. Natural immunity  is by far the  best thing.  Why anyone who has had covid would keep getting these  boosters is beyond me.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Most people here have had covid. Natural immunity  is by far the  best thing.  Why anyone who has had covid would keep getting these  boosters is beyond me.
    Natural immunity is not forevermore,  and if you are old or have certain conditions,  then it makes perfect sense to get boosters every year.  The same thing for annual Influenza. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,029
    edited January 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    Natural immunity is not forevermore,  and if you are old or have certain conditions,  then it makes perfect sense to get boosters every year.  The same thing for annual Influenza. 
    Its not the same as flu. This is an mrna genetically modified vaccine. The flu vaccine not. Omicron changed the pandemic completely. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Also i understand  elderly but they want to give this to kids at zero risk of covid. 6 months old they are trying. Why?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Wasn’t FL first state to drop covid restrictions and well over one million people moved there since March 2020? It definitely felt like a beacon of freedom in my case. I don't wish zoom schooling on any parent. 
    This is because of your media consumption.  Fox news and the echo chamber positioned it as such,  and took pains to contrast NY from FL. If a state like Virginia didn't fit that narrative,  then why would they discuss it?  Yes,  a bunch of people moved to Florida,  but did they all do that to avoid masks? Doubtful.  There are other reasons such as early retirement (you can easily find data that shows how many people left the workforce in the pandemic and did not return), no state taxes,  the ability to WFH so why not,  etc. 

What I don't really understand is why this debate continues? We are post pandemic and it's devolved to something similar to Influenza.  And if you study the Influenza pandemic of 1918, you can see the clear correlations of the two situations. 
    are we really post pandemic, though? a lot of researchers and medical professionals disagree with that assessment. 
    Evidently, most from this thread will never get to post pandemic.
    I think "most in this thread" will get to post pandemic when we actually get to post pandemic. 
    I consider us post pandemic.  Whether every scientist or citizen believes it,  I think it's clear that the world has moved on.  People fly without masks,  go to events,  eat in restaurants,  etc. If the definition that there are no deaths or cases,  then we'll never be post pandemic.  Further,  we are still in the Influenza pandemic, 105 years later.  I don't think COVID will ever be eradicated in full. 

Now maybe China is endemic right now,  as they have a breakout. 
    the world moving on is the not the benchmark used whether a sickness has become endemic or not yet. the flu isn't pandemic still; it's endemic, which is defined as spreading at an acceptable/expected level of transmission. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Its not the same as flu. This is an mrna genetically modified vaccine. The flu vaccine not. Omicron changed the pandemic completely. 
    What the difference as it relates to immunity after an infection or after a vaccine? 

I'm not arguing that the vaccine is the same,  but you asked why get the booster? And whether it's MRNA or not,  the reason for an at risk person to get a vaccine is for the same reason as you get an annual Influenza shot. 
  • Options
    Covid is endemic now. Here  in uk 100% it is nobody cares
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    What the difference as it relates to immunity after an infection or after a vaccine? 

I'm not arguing that the vaccine is the same,  but you asked why get the booster? And whether it's MRNA or not,  the reason for an at risk person to get a vaccine is for the same reason as you get an annual Influenza shot. 
    At risk person. All these kids and young  people are at zero risk from omicron . Are all of the people on here at risk? Maybe a few have underlying conditions but people are giving it to their  kids. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

At risk person. All these kids and young  people are at zero risk from omicron . Are all of the people on here at risk? Maybe a few have underlying conditions but people are giving it to their  kids. 
    If my kid gets a vaccine,  why the fuck do you care? You have the freedom to not,  and I have the freedom to do so.  
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Why do i care. Of course i care if its not necessary kids are not at risk from omicron . I dont like the  idea of young people being put in danger without looking at what could be a problem with the  mrna vaccine . Excess  deaths are up in every country  in all age groups it needs looking into  . In my opinion.  Its ok to care . I never  once said you can't  do what you want. Thats not whats being discussed.  We will all do as we think  thats not in question 
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Why do i care. Of course i care if its not necessary kids are not at risk from omicron . I dont like the  idea of young people being put in danger without looking at what could be a problem with the  mrna vaccine . Excess  deaths are up in every country  in all age groups it needs looking into  . In my opinion.  Its ok to care 
    Parents who don't do homework with their kids,  or feed them healthy foods,  or get them to exercise,  these are all things that I wish parents did more of, because these are long term risks to a child's healthy future.  And they bother me far more than getting an unnecessary vaccine. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Why do i care. Of course i care if its not necessary kids are not at risk from omicron . I dont like the  idea of young people being put in danger without looking at what could be a problem with the  mrna vaccine . Excess  deaths are up in every country  in all age groups it needs looking into  . In my opinion.  Its ok to care 
    Parents who don't do homework with their kids,  or feed them healthy foods,  or get them to exercise,  these are all things that I wish parents did more of, because these are long term risks to a child's healthy future.  And they bother me far more than getting an unnecessary vaccine. 
    Its a good job i and i would  think you do all those things.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

You really need to expand your sources of information about COVID. 

Youtube is steering you wrong. 

https://www.bostonherald.com/2022/01/04/boston-childrens-hospital-reporting-jump-in-coronavirus-patients-creating-more-isolation-rooms-amid-omicron-wave/

https://publications.aap.org/aapnews/news/19569

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-omicron-is-putting-more-kids-in-the-hospital/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/03/16/omicron-young-children-hospitalization/

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/03/1069837662/as-the-omicron-variant-spreads-the-number-of-children-hospitalized-increases
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    that's not what endemic means. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I read what it would let me. 7 per 100.000 hospitalised. .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited January 2023
    that's not what endemic means. 
    I understand  what it means. 
    1. 1.
      (of a disease) regularly occurring within an area or community.
      "areas where malaria is endemic"

Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    AW124797 said:
    I’m still waiting for how many is too many. 
    6th booster is too many.
    I guess 21 flu shots is waaaay too many then?

Exactly what I was thinking! 
    We must have millions of mind control nanobots running though our bloodstreams by now.  They're out to get us!  Whaaaaaaaa!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I read what it would let me. 7 per 100.000 hospitalised. .
    There's more than just that one link. Keep reading. 

More kids were hospitalized from Omicron than Delta, and Omicron presented unique challenges for children. 

Your claim of Omicron posing zero risk to children and adolescents is fabricated nonsense that you're using to support your fear of the MRNA vaccine.  
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,664
    That because your information sources are biased. 
  • Options
    The problem is mrna is a code and the  body keeps producing the spike protien on all cells even where its not needed and thats where it causes an issue
    Source?
  • Options
    Ok mate. I have no bias
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Source?
    My source was the  top Australian immunologist in the video i posted. He has been one 50 years.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I've heard this claim made before, but everything I'm seeing suggests the opposite... that vaccines offer better and longer immunity than Immunity from infection. 

Have you read studies that suggest natural immunity is better than immunity from the vaccine? Can you provide any links? I'm interested to read up on it. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Ok mate. I have no bias

Which is the problem. Everyone has bias because it’s a natural human function. People who think they don’t are more susceptible to being led astray because they lack self awareness. 
    Post edited by Go Beavers on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Its a good job i and i would  think you do all those things.
    I try to,  but certainly not every parent does.  Point being,  even if one buys the argument that the vaccine is bad for children (vs ineffective,  vs effective), the other things I listed are far more prevalent and harmful to children then the low rate of side effect of the vaccine.  Yet here we are arguing about a parent's decision. 
  • Options
    This one
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Ok mate. I have no bias

Which is the problem. Everyone has bias because it’s a natural human function. People who think they don’t are more susceptible to being led astray because they lack self awareness. 
    What a load of crap. Lack of self awareness.  Dear lord. Thats pathetic 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Just  listen  to the  professional immunologist of 50 years.  How is that a bias
     Its science . Its how cells and mrna work
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07