Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    AW124797 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    hahaha , "....florida was a refuge of sanity...."
    Said no one ever. 
    Really? I remember people running to Florida to get away from the lockdown mindset during the pandemic. Not just regular people but celebrities, politicians etc… 
    Yes really. It’s a combo of making a Florida joke as well as the false narrative created that Florida somehow didn’t have mandates. 
    False narratives? Hahaha. No wonder people lose their shit here. I took my family twice to Florida during lockdowns because NY had closed schools, closed businesses and  mandated masks/vaccine. Florida - none of the above at the time. 
    You could have done the same in Virginia,  stopping halfway down. None of those things exist here.  And like DeSantis, our Governor encouraged vaccines, not mandated. But now Desantis is demonizing the very thing he encouraged in 2021.
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 644
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Said no one ever. 
    Really? I remember people running to Florida to get away from the lockdown mindset during the pandemic. Not just regular people but celebrities, politicians etc… 
    Yes really. It’s a combo of making a Florida joke as well as the false narrative created that Florida somehow didn’t have mandates. 
    False narratives? Hahaha. No wonder people lose their shit here. I took my family twice to Florida during lockdowns because NY had closed schools, closed businesses and  mandated masks/vaccine. Florida - none of the above at the time. 
    You could have done the same in Virginia,  stopping halfway down. None of those things exist here.  And like DeSantis, our Governor encouraged vaccines, not mandated. But now Desantis is demonizing the very thing he encouraged in 2021.
    How is this relevant? I'm from NY. We had mandates here and Florida did not. How can you say "false narrative?" 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,664
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Said no one ever. 
    How is this relevant? I'm from NY. We had mandates here and Florida did not. How can you say "false narrative?" 

• Options
    edited January 2023
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Said no one ever. 
    It's relevant because Virginia is a blue state and operated exactly like Florida.  The difference was the messaging between Northam and Desantis. The latter was overtly political and continues to be today,  demonizing what he once supported. By contrast,  Virginia continues to be just normal people and we moved on with our lives.  

By the way,  when you use quotes and ask how can I say something,  that typically means you are quoting me and I said "false narrative". I didn't. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Said no one ever. 
    It's relevant because Virginia is a blue state and operated exactly like Florida.  The difference was the messaging between Northam and Desantis. The latter was overtly political and continues to be today,  demonizing what he once supported. By contrast,  Virginia continues to be just normal people and we moved on with our lives.  

By the way,  when you use quotes and ask how can I say something,  that typically means you are quoting me and I said "false narrative". I didn't. 
    Obviously, I was referring to Beavers. Just because VA and NY are blue that doesn't mean VA had the same covid approach as NY, therfore, to claim (by Beavers) - "the false narrative created that Florida somehow didn’t have mandates" is completely false and ignorant if you compare FL to NY or CA.
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Said no one ever. 

Obviously, I was referring to Beavers. Just because VA and NY are blue that doesn't mean VA had the same covid approach as NY, therfore, to claim (by Beavers) - "the false narrative created that Florida somehow didn’t have mandates" is completely false and ignorant if you compare FL to NY or CA.
    Obviously you were talking about Beaver while typing "you".  Got it.  

No,  Virginia didn't have the same approach as NY. But this narrative that Florida was some bastion of freedom is false considering VA did take a similar approach without politicizing the pandemic.  In that sense Beaver is absolutely correct. 
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Said no one ever. 

I said you could’ve done the same thing you did in Florida in many other states, even blue ones. Florida had mandates at the local level so to act like it was some beacon of freedom while the rest of us were locked in our houses is the false narrative. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Wasn’t FL first state to drop covid restrictions and well over one million people moved there since March 2020? It definitely felt like a beacon of freedom in my case. I don't wish zoom schooling on any parent. 
    Post edited by AW124797 on
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    Wasn’t FL first state to drop covid restrictions and well over one million people moved there since March 2020? It definitely felt like a beacon of freedom in my case. I don't wish zoom schooling on any parent. 
    It’s been about a year since most of the state dropped mask mandates. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    And again it starts.
    (I'm heading back to the lounge car.  You'll find me slumped in the corned slurping a nice hat decaf.)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,530
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    This is because of your media consumption.  Fox news and the echo chamber positioned it as such,  and took pains to contrast NY from FL. If a state like Virginia didn't fit that narrative,  then why would they discuss it?  Yes,  a bunch of people moved to Florida,  but did they all do that to avoid masks? Doubtful.  There are other reasons such as early retirement (you can easily find data that shows how many people left the workforce in the pandemic and did not return), no state taxes,  the ability to WFH so why not,  etc. 

What I don't really understand is why this debate continues? We are post pandemic and it's devolved to something similar to Influenza.  And if you study the Influenza pandemic of 1918, you can see the clear correlations of the two situations. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    This is because of your media consumption.  Fox news and the echo chamber positioned it as such,  and took pains to contrast NY from FL. If a state like Virginia didn't fit that narrative,  then why would they discuss it?  Yes,  a bunch of people moved to Florida,  but did they all do that to avoid masks? Doubtful.  There are other reasons such as early retirement (you can easily find data that shows how many people left the workforce in the pandemic and did not return), no state taxes,  the ability to WFH so why not,  etc. 

What I don't really understand is why this debate continues? We are post pandemic and it's devolved to something similar to Influenza.  And if you study the Influenza pandemic of 1918, you can see the clear correlations of the two situations. 
    It continues because the victimhood complex requires nourishment. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,886
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:

It continues because the victimhood complex requires nourishment. 

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:

are we really post pandemic, though? a lot of researchers and medical professionals disagree with that assessment. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,530
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:

it goes on because some people can't admit they've been fooled..i get it, it's hard to fathom..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    fooled about what?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    AW124797 said:
    I just can't believe that you think people moved to FL because of masks. People move to FL for many reasons...some people don't like it and move back. I've seen that a lot with retirees. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Because some people are so oppressed, “a beacon of freedom.” Flo Rida? Please.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    fooled about what?
    Don't hold your breath for an answer.
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:

it goes on because some people can't admit they've been fooled..i get it, it's hard to fathom..
    So no one died? Did we get that wrong?
  • Options
    I’m still waiting for how many is too many. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    6th booster is too many.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:

Who wouldn't politicize it? This makes him look like a champion:

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:

are we really post pandemic, though? a lot of researchers and medical professionals disagree with that assessment. 
    Evidently, most from this thread will never get to post pandemic.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    AW124797 said:
    I just can't believe that you think people moved to FL because of masks. People move to FL for many reasons...some people don't like it and move back. I've seen that a lot with retirees. 
    Some from Long Island moved after covid vaccine mandates were imposed in universities and 15 month long mask mandates in schools. Of course, taxes, weather, etc are top of that list. 
    Post edited by AW124797 on
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:

Evidently, most from this thread will never get to post pandemic.
    I think "most in this thread" will get to post pandemic when we actually get to post pandemic. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:

Who wouldn't politicize it? This makes him look like a champion:

Only to the easily influenced. 
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    6th booster is too many.
    I guess 21 flu shots is waaaay too many then?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    The  flu shot  is not an mrna. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -