Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PURcnX7ARps Bill Burr always has a great take on things…check it out at the 5 minute mark…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    edited January 2022
    Polio killed and maimed any age or co morbidities  or none. Before  a vaccine  came.ask any  dr.  If you keep the best health  possible  when a virus comes  your  body has its best chance to fight. With a vaccine  also
    There is no disease where everyone is at equal risk of bad outcome. For polio, children under five are at highest risk but also pregnant women, certain immune deficiencies and those with pre-existing muscle damage. For measles, children under five and adults over 25 are at highest risk. Adult males are at high risk of testicular complications from mumps than male children. Different comorbidities can be found for any disease process. 
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    brianlux said:
    tish said:
    Let's not forget that age is the greatest factor in a negative outcome.

Stop getting old, people.

Oops!  Too late.  :lol:
    They've yet to cure old age, unfortunately.  So I will leave you with what everyone says when they are getting old "you are only as old as you feel."  lol.  I know it doesn't make me feel any better...
    Meltdown - if you're interested in a fascinating podcast, check out Lifespan with Dr. David Sinclair. His research is on aging, and it's pretty amazing.

He feels there are techniques and technologies available or being worked on now, such that the first person to live to 150 has likely already been born. While the physical deterioration can be slowed down but not stopped, his claim is that certain parts of aging can actually be reversed.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Polio killed and maimed any age or co morbidities  or none. Before  a vaccine  came.ask any  dr.  If you keep the best health  possible  when a virus comes  your  body has its best chance to fight. With a vaccine  also
    There is no disease where everyone is at equal risk of bad outcome. For polio, children under five are at highest risk but also pregnant women, certain immune deficiencies and those with pre-existing muscle damage. For measles, children under five and adults over 25 are at highest risk, and adult males are at high risk of testicular complications. Different comorbidities can be found for any disease process. 
    I disagree  cancer is a disease where everyone is equal 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    And my point as im sure  you will agree  was limit your  odds by doing everything  you can.  If you are in the medical  profession  surely  thats good advice?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    And as we know the  co morbidities  for covid then lets do something  about that as a minimum 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    There is no disease where everyone is at equal risk of bad outcome. For polio, children under five are at highest risk but also pregnant women, certain immune deficiencies and those with pre-existing muscle damage. For measles, children under five and adults over 25 are at highest risk, and adult males are at high risk of testicular complications. Different comorbidities can be found for any disease process. 
    False....genetics plays a big part
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    The truth  is nobody  can tell why a baby gets cancer  and not  many know their  genes. But we do know  obesity ,high  blood pressure  and diabetes  are largely  preventable  but we choose to ignore.  Genetics  are responsible  for  most things but we don't  know them nd cant  change  them
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Are you disagreeing  with keeping  good health  because  thats is all i said from the  out set?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    Are you disagreeing  with keeping  good health  because  thats is all i said from the  out set?
    not at all....I'm disagreeing with your statements about vaccines.  And that polio doesn't affect children more than adults
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Ive had 3 vaccines.? I said we cant rely on vaccines to save us we must help ourselves  also. And polio . You bought  up other illneses  and i said it was not to do with co morbidities.  Unlike covid seems to be death  rate  wise.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,892
    edited January 2022
    Nevermind
     Keep the  best health possible.  If you can dont be obese . Diabetic or have high  blood pressure.  I know some can't  . But  most can make a change to do more thats all good evening 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I think you may be talking about something different than I am taking about, which is factors that make certain people or groups of people more vulnerable to get or have a worse outcome from a disease. There are many definable factors and comorbidities that make someone more likely to develop various types of cancers, from genetic factors to lifestyle to environmental exposure, and the list goes on. 
  • Options
    I have joined the club!  I have covid!  Mazeltov…

4th day in.  No more back pain or fever, just a cough now…
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I think you may be talking about something different than I am taking about, which is factors that make certain people or groups of people more vulnerable to get or have a worse outcome from a disease. There are many definable factors and comorbidities that make someone more likely to develop various types of cancers, from genetic factors to lifestyle to environmental exposure, and the list goes on. 
    Then we are saying the  same thing. You said no disease.  Cancer doesn't  fit that statement  is all i said. Babies get cancer so its not any environment or anything  there 
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

Glad to hear you are doing ok. And i get my balls kicked. As i was correct  haha. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Then we are saying the  same thing. You said no disease.  Cancer doesn't  fit that statement  is all i said.
    In what way doesn't cancer fit that statement? 
  • Options

Good luck. 
  • Options
    Ive had 3 vaccines.? I said we cant rely on vaccines to save us we must help ourselves  also. And polio . You bought  up other illneses  and i said it was not to do with co morbidities.  Unlike covid seems to be death  rate  wise.
    There’s nothing special about covid. It’s just another infectious disease. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Cancer  . How do you know who is going to have a good or bad outcome?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    There’s nothing special about covid. It’s just another infectious disease. 
    I don't think the Chinese lab thought that when they released it onto the world.

;) 
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    tish said:
    dignin said:
    tish said:
    How many of those hospitalized unvaccinated had broken arms?

That's the data I need to know...

Maybe the vaccinated just don't get as many broken arms.

This is for my province, not country data.

http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/modelling-projections.

We call those cases incidentals.
    Thanks for the thoughtful response.

I'm just poking fun at some of the downplayers here.
  • Options

There are lots of prognostic factors, which depend on which type of cancer it is. Stage and grade are always important, age and sex are often important, and for different cancers the factors can include things like the extent of other organ involvement, physical conditioning, that tumour's individual response to treatment options, whether other disease conditions will limit the treatment that can be given, and the like. 

But it's important to recognize that it isn't about "knowing who is going to have a good or bad outcome", because that's impossible, just like knowing the future for any aspect of life. It's about knowing how and how much these factors affect the odds. 
  • Options

There are lots of prognostic factors, which depend on which type of cancer it is. Stage and grade are always important, age and sex are often important, and for different cancers the factors can include things like the extent of other organ involvement, physical conditioning, that tumour's individual response to treatment options, whether other disease conditions will limit the treatment that can be given, and the like. 

But it's important to recognize that it isn't about "knowing who is going to have a good or bad outcome", because that's impossible, just like knowing the future for any aspect of life. It's about knowing how and how much these factors affect the odds. 
    But what i said with covid is we DO know what causes a worse out come  so lets do what we can do for ourselves.  Babies get cancer and die but not of covid. People  can also help themselves  which is being  missed here. Vitamin d3 . Weight loss and sugar intake are all in our hands. Blood  pressure  also is in our hands.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

But what i said with covid is we DO know what causes a worse out come  so lets do what we can do for ourselves.  Babies get cancer and die but not of covid. People  can also help themselves  which is being  missed here. Vitamin d3 . Weight loss and sugar intake are all in our hands. Blood  pressure  also is in our hands.

We know some of the risk factors, sure. There are likely others we are not yet aware of. We learned this week of a gene that appears to lead to a marked increase in severe covid. Just like we know some of the factors for all of these other conditions we are talking about, but likely not all of them. 

I don't think anyone is missing that some risk factors are within control, but realistically these things probably can't be changed in the immediate term. Age is the most significant risk factor, and we can't do a thing about that. 
  • Options
    The data in the pre-print study that everyone was discussing earlier this week that seemed to suggest that vaccination led to a worsened outcome is being reviewed and reportedly no longer shows the negative VE. Revised version not yet public. Another warning not to jump all over studies that aren't yet peer reviewed, plus of course not to trust main stream media with science reporting. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/covid-19-vaccine-study-omicron-anti-vaxxers-1.6315890
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    benjs said:
    brianlux said:
    tish said:
    Let's not forget that age is the greatest factor in a negative outcome.

Stop getting old, people.

Oops!  Too late.  :lol:
    They've yet to cure old age, unfortunately.  So I will leave you with what everyone says when they are getting old "you are only as old as you feel."  lol.  I know it doesn't make me feel any better...
    Meltdown - if you're interested in a fascinating podcast, check out Lifespan with Dr. David Sinclair. His research is on aging, and it's pretty amazing.

He feels there are techniques and technologies available or being worked on now, such that the first person to live to 150 has likely already been born. While the physical deterioration can be slowed down but not stopped, his claim is that certain parts of aging can actually be reversed.
    Thank you.  I will check that out.  It sounds interesting.  I have heard that about the first person to hit 150 is already on this earth…I wonder how that persons memory will age.  I have no doubt that modern medicine combined with proper nutrition, fitness and little luck we can live a long time… 
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Speedy recovery…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

I agree with lastexit.   We just don’t know at this point about this virus/vaccine so why not take steps to get in better health, we do know you increase your odds if healthier…and no one is suggesting we all hit the gyms until we look like Arnold in his 20’s…just be more aware of our health…and take some personal responsibility.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

I agree with lastexit.   We just don’t know at this point about this virus/vaccine so why not take steps to get in better health, we do know you increase your odds if healthier…and no one is suggesting we all hit the gyms until we look like Arnold in his 20’s…just be more aware of our health…and take some personal responsibility.  

Yeah, no one is really disagreeing with that.