Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    I read a friends post on social media today that their kid is not allowed to talk in school while it’s lunch time since they are not wearing a mask. I thought that was crazy and maybe exaggerated a bit so I asked my kids if they are allowed to talk during lunch time while eating and they both said no. One said that they were told not to because they might spread germs. This is a 5 year old and a 7 year old. What the fuck. 

Another school just outside our area had a teacher email the parents to tell them to have a talk with their kids about not talking during recess and lunchtime. This will help them keep safe. The same teacher said they would have windows open throughout the day and the whole time while they eat. They recommended bringing an extra jacket or sweater cause it could get chilly. What the fuck. 
    there's been a lot of really, really stupid policies put in place by teachers and/or administrators. a lot of it has been mind boggling. I'm sure it's super stressful and has to be really difficult to be a teacher, especially now, but common sense is often not the rule these days. 
    At the start this was forgivable. Now it is inexcusable. Teachers have a tough job for sure. But common sense what’s best for our kids total health has gone out the window it seems, 
    Attempting to protect children is inexcusable? Come on..
    I believe they mean that doing things that have no basis in science is the inexcusable part. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    I read a friends post on social media today that their kid is not allowed to talk in school while it’s lunch time since they are not wearing a mask. I thought that was crazy and maybe exaggerated a bit so I asked my kids if they are allowed to talk during lunch time while eating and they both said no. One said that they were told not to because they might spread germs. This is a 5 year old and a 7 year old. What the fuck. 

Another school just outside our area had a teacher email the parents to tell them to have a talk with their kids about not talking during recess and lunchtime. This will help them keep safe. The same teacher said they would have windows open throughout the day and the whole time while they eat. They recommended bringing an extra jacket or sweater cause it could get chilly. What the fuck. 
    there's been a lot of really, really stupid policies put in place by teachers and/or administrators. a lot of it has been mind boggling. I'm sure it's super stressful and has to be really difficult to be a teacher, especially now, but common sense is often not the rule these days. 
    At the start this was forgivable. Now it is inexcusable. Teachers have a tough job for sure. But common sense what’s best for our kids total health has gone out the window it seems, 
    I believe they mean that doing things that have no basis in science is the inexcusable part. 
    Are you saying that having open windows in an otherwise closed space, classrooms, and not speaking while eating, to lessen potential viral spread, has no basis in science?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Are you saying that having open windows in an otherwise closed space, classrooms, and not speaking while eating, to lessen potential viral spread, has no basis in science?
    no, we were speaking in general terms. at least I was. But opening windows, making the kids sit in the cold to eat lunch, yes, I think is kinda dumb. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Do you have kids? I'm wondering because I don't know if you've seen what this is doing to children. If you do have children, I'm assuming you are a good parent and want the best for your kids but many are not. What is the purpose of going to school if kids can't talk to each other at recess? Social interaction is just as important as learning.

How are kids supposed to learn when they are freezing cold in their classroom? They can't. For a lot of kids, going to school is all they have. For some it is the only warm buildings they get to go to. For some it is the only positive interactions they have. My 8 year old has to keep their mask on at lunch. They lower it to take a bite and then put it back up. I'm sorry but constantly touching your mask can not be healthy. My 8 year old is having her face torn up because she has to wear a mask all day long. At lunch time, they can only stay with their classroom. She can't talk to other kids in her grade which is holding them back from the interactions they need.

I have 2 12 year old girls and they are in the middle school. They have rules but they don't enforce them effectively. Our school recently got shut down for 2 weeks due to too many Covid cases. The Monday they were back in school, a group of middle school boys put all their left over cheese dipping sauces into a milk carton and paid another boy to drink it. They were all chanting, CHUG CHUG CHUG. The principal was standing right there and didn't say a word.

Every school has their own challenges but some of these decisions are not protecting our children. We won't know the total impact this pandemic has had on our children for years to come. My 8 year hasn't had a full year of schooling. She's never been on a field trip. She can't speak to her friends in different classes. It is a mess. She is in 2nd grade but falf of her class are 1st graders. Many times she has to sit through the 1st grade lessons when she's already been through. It's pathetic and only setting these kids back further and further. The education system was already a mess before COVID. Now it's just a shit show.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,639
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

No.  Adults go to work and talk to each other while eating.  People are going to restaurants and talking while eating.  Families eat meals at their table while talking.  But kids who have the least amount of risk from the virus can’t talk while eating or during recess?  It is stupid.  Dumb.  
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,931
    All restrictions removed in Sweden on the 9th. 

Time to party like it's February of 2020.
    Hahah. Congrats man. Enjoy. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    JB16057 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Do you have kids? I'm wondering because I don't know if you've seen what this is doing to children. If you do have children, I'm assuming you are a good parent and want the best for your kids but many are not. What is the purpose of going to school if kids can't talk to each other at recess? Social interaction is just as important as learning.

How are kids supposed to learn when they are freezing cold in their classroom? They can't. For a lot of kids, going to school is all they have. For some it is the only warm buildings they get to go to. For some it is the only positive interactions they have. My 8 year old has to keep their mask on at lunch. They lower it to take a bite and then put it back up. I'm sorry but constantly touching your mask can not be healthy. My 8 year old is having her face torn up because she has to wear a mask all day long. At lunch time, they can only stay with their classroom. She can't talk to other kids in her grade which is holding them back from the interactions they need.

I have 2 12 year old girls and they are in the middle school. They have rules but they don't enforce them effectively. Our school recently got shut down for 2 weeks due to too many Covid cases. The Monday they were back in school, a group of middle school boys put all their left over cheese dipping sauces into a milk carton and paid another boy to drink it. They were all chanting, CHUG CHUG CHUG. The principal was standing right there and didn't say a word.

Every school has their own challenges but some of these decisions are not protecting our children. We won't know the total impact this pandemic has had on our children for years to come. My 8 year hasn't had a full year of schooling. She's never been on a field trip. She can't speak to her friends in different classes. It is a mess. She is in 2nd grade but falf of her class are 1st graders. Many times she has to sit through the 1st grade lessons when she's already been through. It's pathetic and only setting these kids back further and further. The education system was already a mess before COVID. Now it's just a shit show.
    One of my friends in high school was such a meat head,  he would eat pubes for lunch money.  We'd all pull some fresh ones and put them in a pile.   We wrestled together and he was a great,  great wrestler.  Dumb as a rock though.  Carry on. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    JB16057 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Yeah Covid sucks
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

One of my friends in high school was such a meat head,  he would eat pubes for lunch money.  We'd all pull some fresh ones and put them in a pile.   We wrestled together and he was a great,  great wrestler.  Dumb as a rock though.  Carry on. 
    oh my god...that is outrageous

imagine finding out that it was your kid doing that....:)

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,931
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

The good old days. Before iPhones and social media. Haha. That’s great. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

JFC. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

no, we were speaking in general terms. at least I was. But opening windows, restrmaking the kids sit in the cold to eat lunch, yes, I think is kinda dumb. 
    Do the kids eat alone without adult supervision? Cafeteria employees or a teacher that is required to pull cafeteria duty? My employer still doesn’t allow food in meetings, in person meetings have space and distance restrictions as well as mask requirements, unless you have an office and can close your door, and if you’re eating indoors, you’re required to eat alone.

Has anyone thought that the restrictions might be to protect the adults in the room? Or fuck them? So, what solutions are there? Remote learning?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

The apple didn't fall far from the tree.  Trust me. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,156
    mfc2006 said:
    My wife started feeling crappy on Saturday & I started feeling crappy on Sunday. On Monday, we both got PCR tests. Got our results on Tuesday morning--she was positive, I was negative. So, we're at home. There is no doubt that I am also positive at this point, but I am getting another PCR on Friday. I'm hoping the symptoms lessen by then. Headache, body aches, congestion and just really fucking tired. Thank god for the vaccines + booster. Be well, everyone.
    Take care
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

no, we were speaking in general terms. at least I was. But opening windows, restrmaking the kids sit in the cold to eat lunch, yes, I think is kinda dumb. 
    Do the kids eat alone without adult supervision? Cafeteria employees or a teacher that is required to pull cafeteria duty? My employer still doesn’t allow food in meetings, in person meetings have space and distance restrictions as well as mask requirements, unless you have an office and can close your door, and if you’re eating indoors, you’re required to eat alone.

Has anyone thought that the restrictions might be to protect the adults in the room? Or fuck them? So, what solutions are there? Remote learning?
    The adults in the room that are wearing masks? They should be wearing the correct mask properly which should be protecting them.

• Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

of course it's to protect everyone, not just the kids. that's honestly where I think some of the incidents arise from....you get one paranoid/hypochondriac/high risk teacher and these things are put in place. I have similar examples at my kids' school. stuff that just doesn't make sense. 

their principle has been known to put a traffic cone near puddles so the kids don't get wet and cry. it's absurd. nature playground with a hill: "don't run on the hill, kids! someone might get hurt". let the kids play FFS. 

at my work we're not required to eat alone. we have a lunch room and they leave it up to the adults to space themselves out accordingly. but with nearly zero people in the office these days, doesn't really matter. 

there is doing everything you can to curb the spread, then there's doing everything you can within reason. making the kids eat in cold weather is not within reason. they are already spaced out. and no need to muzzle them. if the rule is 6 feet/2 meters, then that's the rule and don't add ridiculous things on top of that. sure, open windows when it's nice out. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I see complaints every day on FB or Nextdoor....parents complaining that their "kids can't be kids" because of mask wearing, etc.

My kids are older but I would trust the school admin to do the right thing. Some people just want to complain about everything.

• Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

of course it's to protect everyone, not just the kids. that's honestly where I think some of the incidents arise from....you get one paranoid/hypochondriac/high risk teacher and these things are put in place. I have similar examples at my kids' school. stuff that just doesn't make sense. 

their principle has been known to put a traffic cone near puddles so the kids don't get wet and cry. it's absurd. nature playground with a hill: "don't run on the hill, kids! someone might get hurt". let the kids play FFS. 

at my work we're not required to eat alone. we have a lunch room and they leave it up to the adults to space themselves out accordingly. but with nearly zero people in the office these days, doesn't really matter. 

there is doing everything you can to curb the spread, then there's doing everything you can within reason. making the kids eat in cold weather is not within reason. they are already spaced out. and no need to muzzle them. if the rule is 6 feet/2 meters, then that's the rule and don't add ridiculous things on top of that. sure, open windows when it's nice out. 
    Playing devil's advocate as I know several teachers, granted not of the school ages being discussed but still. Say you're (general you) a teacher, 1-5 years from retirement, spent your whole working life teaching, maybe immunocompromised or have a religious exemption, but more likely have underlying health conditions and since you're close to retirement, in your upper 50s to mid 60s. Maybe you're even double vaxxed and boosted. Would you want to be in an enclosed room with minimal airflow full of 20 to 35 petri dishes, wearing a mask, realizing there's breakthrough infections and your mask doesn't protect you but is meant/intended to protect others?

Its about minimizing risk exposure. Sorry your (general you) kid has to wear a mask and a sweater and can't talk while they eat. Oh, the horror. Said teacher gets sick and is out for a prolonged period or dies. Now what's the quality of your kids' education? If I were a teacher, in that circumstance and met that profile, I'd be advocating to my union and school board for remote learning. Whatever happened to personal responsibility and the common good?

Take the bold and replace "teacher" with "parent" and remove "high risk."

Maybe the traffic cone in the puddle is so the dumb kid that doesn't realize water is wet and makes your clothes wet and you cold is there so they don't get soaked and have to be sent home or the parent called to bring in dry clothes? Running downhill, face planting and breaking a limb would probably result in a lawsuit in this day and age and I agree its dumb (let kids be kids). However, a pandemic tends to change things for a while.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    JB16057 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

The adults in the room that are wearing masks? They should be wearing the correct mask properly which should be protecting them.

Not too mention those teachers should be vaxxed and boostered.  If you are still afraid with vaccine, booster and mask I don't know what to tell you, maybe never leave your house?

As a pro vaxxer myself I cringe everytime someone brings up the your rights end at the tip of your nose argument, It's like, so my kid(s) have to deal with all of the documented developmental problems that lock downs are causing and I have to deal with losing money etc, because the rights that end at the tip of your nose trump the rights at the tip of my nose? give me a break. 

I feel like a lot of people on this board are far too insulated and don't have to interact with the world on a daily basis nor worry about paying the bills.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    it was one example and you're taking it to the extreme. I'm sure we all know several teachers; I'm good friends with several. They all agree about this stuff. They want to be protected, but they don't want these types of things or to be remote. Be safe and be sensible. 

this principle has been like this since the beginning, nothing to do with the pandemic. and people don't get sued up here like you guys do. 

and I'm not sure why you dismiss the mental/emotional toll things like this take on a child. "oh the horror". these things actually do cause emotional issues and possibly even trauma. you can't discount that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Playing devil's advocate as I know several teachers, granted not of the school ages being discussed but still. Say you're (general you) a teacher, 1-5 years from retirement, spent your whole working life teaching, maybe immunocompromised or have a religious exemption, but more likely have underlying health conditions and since you're close to retirement, in your upper 50s to mid 60s. Maybe you're even double vaxxed and boosted. Would you want to be in an enclosed room with minimal airflow full of 20 to 35 petri dishes, wearing a mask, realizing there's breakthrough infections and your mask doesn't protect you but is meant/intended to protect others?

Its about minimizing risk exposure. Sorry your (general you) kid has to wear a mask and a sweater and can't talk while they eat. Oh, the horror. Said teacher gets sick and is out for a prolonged period or dies. Now what's the quality of your kids' education? If I were a teacher, in that circumstance and met that profile, I'd be advocating to my union and school board for remote learning. Whatever happened to personal responsibility and the common good?

Maybe the traffic cone in the puddle is so the dumb kid that doesn't realize water is wet and makes your clothes wet and you cold is there so they don't get soaked and have to be sent home or the parent called to bring in dry clothes? Running downhill, face planting and breaking a limb would probably result in a lawsuit in this day and age and I agree its dumb (let kids be kids). However, a pandemic tends to change things for a while.
    playing devil's advocate here, couldn't the at risk teacher that is working with these petri dishes take early retirement or find a different job to take personal responsibility for their health and for the greater good?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    it was one example and you're taking it to the extreme. I'm sure we all know several teachers; I'm good friends with several. They all agree about this stuff. They want to be protected, but they don't want these types of things or to be remote. Be safe and be sensible. 

this principle has been like this since the beginning, nothing to do with the pandemic. and people don't get sued up here like you guys do. 

and I'm not sure why you dismiss the mental/emotional toll things like this take on a child. "oh the horror". these things actually do cause emotional issues and possibly even trauma. you can't discount that. 
    I don't know....I fail to see how masking causes either emotional issues or trauma.  It's just a damn mask

• Options
    static111 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

playing devil's advocate here, couldn't the at risk teacher that is working with these petri dishes take early retirement or find a different job to take personal responsibility for their health and for the greater good?
    Guess it would depend on the retirement system and their financial situation. Playing devil's advocate, can't the kids learn remotely? Or hybrid to reduce class sizes?

Brilliantati©
  • Options

I don't know....I fail to see how masking causes either emotional issues or trauma.  It's just a damn mask
    I wasn't talking about masking. my kids are so used to it now they often forget to take them off when they leave school. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited February 2022
    static111 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Guess it would depend on the retirement system and their financial situation. Playing devil's advocate, can't the kids learn remotely? Or hybrid to reduce class sizes?
    My daughter is a remote learner and we have found it has actually helped her so I have no dog in the fight.  For in person I agree reduced class sizes, or let the at risk and teachers  that are more worried about the vaccines and masks not being a high enough level of protection teach remote and the more cavalier that believe in masks and vax teach in person.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

My daughter is a remote learner and we have found it has actually helped her so I have no dog in the fight.  For in person I agree reduced class sizes, or let the at risk and teachers  that are more worried about the vaccines and masks not being a high enough level of protection teach remote and the more cavalier that believe in masks and vax teach in person.
    I don’t have a dog in the fight either and was more responding to restrictions “not being based in science” as my teacher friends have told me that their leaving windows and doors open and running fans in their classrooms and lots of places are evaluating their HVAC systems from rates of airflow or exchange air to filter micron capability. Also offering up the perspective from a teacher’s point of view as they’re always getting the blame, regardless.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

I don’t have a dog in the fight either and was more responding to restrictions “not being based in science” as my teacher friends have told me that their leaving windows and doors open and running fans in their classrooms and lots of places are evaluating their HVAC systems from rates of airflow or exchange air to filter micron capability. Also offering up the perspective from a teacher’s point of view as they’re always getting the blame, regardless.
    Yes unfortunately based on my experiences and school and my teacher friends that is unlikely to ever change.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    edited February 2022
    as I said, we each have the same basis of perspective; you have teacher friends, so do I. No one is "blaming all teachers". that's absurd. there are a few teachers doing this, but most are not. in my personal experience, almost all of the nonsense (pre covid and during) at the school is the over protective principal, not the teachers. most of the teachers mock him for this, in fact. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,375
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Look man, I needed the money.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    I remembers sitting in class in 4th or 5th grade and the kid behind me was eating a plastic pen. He wanted to kill himself.  

I was kind of impressed.