albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,746
    Well, this is a bit odd.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not making any claims proclamations here, just wondering.  
    A while back, I joined both a Lichen Planus and an Oral Lichen Planus support group.  I have both, and they are both categorized as "rare diseases". 
    In recent weeks, I've noticed new members to these groups seem to be on the rise, especially for something considered "rare".  Could be coincidence, but I've also noted that a number of members of these groups have mentioned acquiring LP and OLP not long after getting the last Moderna COVID vaccination booster.  This was also true for me- that's when I started with this whole autoimmune disease business.
    As I said, I cannot claim any connection here but, at the very least, I believe it's another reason these vaccines should be monitored and tested more carefully in the future.  I'm not against them, I just want them to be safe.  These odd diseases are no picnic.  If only I had know... especially because I am super cautious, semi-retired, and a germophobe in the first place.  I would have passed, and will pass next round unless someone can convince me close to 100% that they are safe.  And I still might pass.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,187
    brianlux said:
    Well, this is a bit odd.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not making any claims proclamations here, just wondering.  
    A while back, I joined both a Lichen Planus and an Oral Lichen Planus support group.  I have both, and they are both categorized as "rare diseases". 
    In recent weeks, I've noticed new members to these groups seem to be on the rise, especially for something considered "rare".  Could be coincidence, but I've also noted that a number of members of these groups have mentioned acquiring LP and OLP not long after getting the last Moderna COVID vaccination booster.  This was also true for me- that's when I started with this whole autoimmune disease business.
    As I said, I cannot claim any connection here but, at the very least, I believe it's another reason these vaccines should be monitored and tested more carefully in the future.  I'm not against them, I just want them to be safe.  These odd diseases are no picnic.  If only I had know... especially because I am super cautious, semi-retired, and a germophobe in the first place.  I would have passed, and will pass next round unless someone can convince me close to 100% that they are safe.  And I still might pass.
    Hate to hear this, Brian. You have every right to be skeptical, as does anyone else who questions what they inject into their bodies. There is no denying these adverse effects are more than rare (like many drugs this country peddles), which is why I opted to skip the boosters. I think you’ll find the loudest proponents of these vaccines either have something to gain, or are likely just fearful of their decision at this point. Sadly, it doesn’t change your situation, but I hope you find resolution with this.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,983
    At this stage there is actually no need at all to take anymore. At all
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,637
    FiveBelow said:
    brianlux said:
    Hate to hear this, Brian. You have every right to be skeptical, as does anyone else who questions what they inject into their bodies. There is no denying these adverse effects are more than rare (like many drugs this country peddles), which is why I opted to skip the boosters. I think you’ll find the loudest proponents of these vaccines either have something to gain, or are likely just fearful of their decision at this point. Sadly, it doesn’t change your situation, but I hope you find resolution with this.
    No offense, but your attempt to classify vax proponents into those two categories is rather silly.   Not only do you fail to generalize millions of Americans,  but you failed to generalize me. 
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,187
    mrussel1 said:
    FiveBelow said:
    brianlux said:
    No offense, but your attempt to classify vax proponents into those two categories is rather silly.   Not only do you fail to generalize millions of Americans,  but you failed to generalize me. 
    None taken. Do you consider yourself one of the “loudest” Covid vaccine proponents? For the record, I’m not interested in generalizing millions of anything.
  • Options
    FiveBelow said:
    brianlux said:
    Thanks, Five.  From what I can tell (and who knows what is real these days), I think the original vaccine was mostly helpful and probably saved a lot of lives.  But I grew more and more skeptical of the booster as they came out quite quickly without adequate time to fully study.  As you said, various adverse affects are not rare.  My regular GP has seemed a bit skeptical about them and another doctor I see is flat out vocally opposed to the latest boosters. 
    At this stage there is actually no need at all to take anymore. At all
    I'm OK with people getting boosters if that's what they feel most comfortable with, but I agree, I'm choosing not to. 
    mrussel1 said:
    FiveBelow said:
    brianlux said:
    I shouldn't speak for Five, but I think the point is that too many people are totally accepting that the latest vaccines are nothing to worry about.  I see no reason not to be skeptical about the vaccines and toward the medical profession in general.  One cannot deny that some overkill comes out of the medical field, especially big pharma drugs being overly pushed on Americans.  So could the same be true of some vaccines?  I'd say that's at least possible if not very possible.  Of course, I have what I consider a healthy skepticism for many things.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,637
    FiveBelow said:
    mrussel1 said:
    FiveBelow said:
    brianlux said:
    None taken. Do you consider yourself one of the “loudest” Covid vaccine proponents? For the record, I’m not interested in generalizing millions of anything.
    I don't know what it means to be the loudest and who my competition is.   The CDC has the biggest megaphone on the topic.  I don't think they have something to gain or they are in a defensive posture either.  They loudly push Influenza vaccines every year as well. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,201
    I feel like I'm in the middle ground on this.  I've never gotten flu vaccines, because my bouts with the Flu are few and far between.  I think the last time I had a flu was in 2009.  I think it was the swine or bird flu or something.  Kicked my on my ass for 5 days but then I was fine.  That's about as bad as it gets for me. Most flu's I've had are few and far between and I get sick for a few days, then back to life.

I feel like Covid is there now.  Many people stopped doing the boosters (me included) in 2022, and it doesn't seem to be having a big impact. 

If I was older, was immunocompromised, or had other conditions which made it abnormally dangerous I'd absolutely get a booster.  Generally I only get vaccines if I think the thing I'm being vaccinated against really has the ability to make me deathly ill. I think that time has passed with covid.

I try not to get shots for something that might make me mildly sick.   I save it for things what will make me violently sick or cause death. 

I do not look forward to the day that older age knocks my immune system a few pegs.  I feel like I can argue the way I can because it's been fairly robust my whole life, so I don't usually get sick too much, and when I do, not usually that bad.    Makes it easier it to not get things like flu shots of the consequences are relatively minor.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    I feel like I'm in the middle ground on this.  I've never gotten flu vaccines, because my bouts with the Flu are few and far between.  I think the last time I had a flu was in 2009.  I think it was the swine or bird flu or something.  Kicked my on my ass for 5 days but then I was fine.  That's about as bad as it gets for me. Most flu's I've had are few and far between and I get sick for a few days, then back to life.

I feel like Covid is there now.  Many people stopped doing the boosters (me included) in 2022, and it doesn't seem to be having a big impact. 

If I was older, was immunocompromised, or had other conditions which made it abnormally dangerous I'd absolutely get a booster.  Generally I only get vaccines if I think the thing I'm being vaccinated against really has the ability to make me deathly ill. I think that time has passed with covid.

I try not to get shots for something that might make me mildly sick.   I save it for things what will make me violently sick or cause death. 

I do not look forward to the day that older age knocks my immune system a few pegs.  I feel like I can argue the way I can because it's been fairly robust my whole life, so I don't usually get sick too much, and when I do, not usually that bad.    Makes it easier it to not get things like flu shots of the consequences are relatively minor.

The irony for me is that I came down with Epstein-Barr in the 1980s and that virus stays in the body forever.  That means I am somewhat immunocompromised and so have gotten all the COVID vaccines and boosters.  But then, after the last booster in October of 2023, I ended up with an autoimmune condition and other related conditions.  That leaves me with the choice of getting the next booster when it comes out and risking more serious non-COVID illness or not getting the booster and risking getting COVID.  So what to do?  Probably no more booster and just be thankful to have lived this long.

Now, if I could, I would get in a time machine and avoid all the things that started my row of dominoes falling.  I think if a person lives a healthy life style in the first place (better late than never, which is what I did), they may not need all these injections.   Eat well, exercise, don't take drugs, don't drink to excess, don't smoke, live somewhere safe and as free of toxins as possible- all of that.  I don't think a person who practices a lifetime of healthy living needs to put these vaccine chemicals in their body in the first place.  Sounds to me like you've lived right, Zod. 

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,201
    brianlux said:
    Zod said:

The irony for me is that I came down with Epstein-Barr in the 1980s and that virus stays in the body forever.  That means I am somewhat immunocompromised and so have gotten all the COVID vaccines and boosters.  But then, after the last booster in October of 2023, I ended up with an autoimmune condition and other related conditions.  That leaves me with the choice of getting the next booster when it comes out and risking more serious non-COVID illness or not getting the booster and risking getting COVID.  So what to do?  Probably no more booster and just be thankful to have lived this long.

Now, if I could, I would get in a time machine and avoid all the things that started my row of dominoes falling.  I think if a person lives a healthy life style in the first place (better late than never, which is what I did), they may not need all these injections.   Eat well, exercise, don't take drugs, don't drink to excess, don't smoke, live somewhere safe and as free of toxins as possible- all of that.  I don't think a person who practices a lifetime of healthy living needs to put these vaccine chemicals in their body in the first place.  Sounds to me like you've lived right, Zod. 
    I was 50% living right.. lol.  I'm an avid hiker on weekends, and get hours and hours of exercise.  I suppose that's the textbook definition of weekend warrior.. lol.   My eating habits were poor, and I was recently lucky enough to get a Doctor (it's like winning the lottery in Canada).   My cholesterol was high and my heart was doing some funky stuff.  Changed my diet (basically only eating things that don't have or are low in saturated fat).  I've dropped 20 pounds in a few months, and the funky heart stuff stopped after the first 15.  

But yah... diet and exercise go a long way.    I'm pretty lucky so far.

• Options
    Zod said:
    brianlux said:
    Zod said:

I was 50% living right.. lol.  I'm an avid hiker on weekends, and get hours and hours of exercise.  I suppose that's the textbook definition of weekend warrior.. lol.   My eating habits were poor, and I was recently lucky enough to get a Doctor (it's like winning the lottery in Canada).   My cholesterol was high and my heart was doing some funky stuff.  Changed my diet (basically only eating things that don't have or are low in saturated fat).  I've dropped 20 pounds in a few months, and the funky heart stuff stopped after the first 15.  

But yah... diet and exercise go a long way.    I'm pretty lucky so far.

Keep up the good health! 

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,519
    brianlux said:
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/11/26/pfizers-ceo-rapped-regulator-making-misleading-statements-childrens/
    https://www.gbnews.com/health/covid-vaccine-pfizer-uk-ruling
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,519
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..