Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,645
    mace1229 said:
    It’s a big stretch to go from what she said to “JewishSpace Laser” though.
    Reading more about it, I don’t actually think she even used the term “space laser.” I can’t find the original post this came from, but have found multiple reports saying she was describing what she thought was an experiment to harness the sun’s energy.
    Snopes described it as “Greene theorizedthat a space-based solar generator, used in a clean-energy experiment with the goal of replacing coal and oil, could have beamed the sun's energy back to Earth and started the fires.” and “that among the entities behind this conspiracy were former California Gov. Jerry Brown, Pacific Gas & Electric, and Rothschild Inc.,”
    Saying the Rothschilds are one of several entities involved and taking that to mean it’s Jewish is more than a stretch.
    I just think it’s funny that after all these memes and jokes she never did say it. I never bothered checking because it was so commonly accepted.
    I’m not defending her, it’s still a stupid statement. But it’s also a manifestation of social media as much as her comments. And I find it funny how easily we can run with the story when at best it’s only half true.
    Don’t get me wrong, she’s still crazy. I just don’t think she ever did say “space laser” let alone “jewish space laser” despite so many quoting her as saying it.
    Any mention of the Rothschilds in a conspiracy or in a context of some kind of nefariousness or suspicious event/behaviour is a dog whistle. Just stop.
    Seriously?  I just learned they were Jewish from researching Jewish Space Lasers, lol.

I'd ask most people if they knew they were Jewish before this?

Hell, I'd ask people if they knew Rod Carew was Jewish before that Adam Sandler song.

Yo, how about that song by that dope Jewish band? Well it’s all NY so it’s all good

I've got more action than my man, John Woo
    And I've got mad hits like I was Rod Carew (yeah)

Because you can't, you won't, and you don't stop
    They named Carew and John Woo in the same song, lol.  That has zero implications that he was Jewish. Sure Shot is a great song BTW.

I didn't know Beasties were Jewish until the second album when more articles were written about them.  "That's right my names Yauch" Adam Yauch?  Oh yeah, he's Jewish.  "People they be thinkin they can take out Adam Horowitz" Oy!!!

I miss MCA...
    Likewise. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    So we've landed that Marge is definitely stupid but maybe not racist? Great. This was a really useful conversation. 

FTR, I don't know how one knows about the Rothschild family but doesn't know they are Jewish.  Same with Soros.

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    mrussel1 said:
    So we've landed that Marge is definitely stupid but maybe not racist? Great. This was a really useful conversation. 

FTR, I don't know how one knows about the Rothschild family but doesn't know they are Jewish.  Same with Soros.

Why do people care enough to remember that fact? I only remember the ones with really obvious Jewish names like Spielberg. Rothschild doesn't scream Jewish to me, so I'm not likely to care enough to remember.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Why do people care enough to remember that fact? I only remember the ones with really obvious Jewish names like Spielberg. Rothschild doesn't scream Jewish to me, so I'm not likely to care enough to remember.
    It's not about caring to remember, it's about knowing western history.  This family had a long,  powerful history in banking and were the wealthiest family in the world for close to two centuries.  But also subject to numerous conspiracy theories.  You don't just bring them up randomly.  

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,368
    edited August 2023
    mrussel1 said:

About That New Yorker Trump Organization Azerbaijan Story - FCPA Professor
  • Options
    I know who they are and that they own a big part of the world and wineries.  I had no idea they were Jewish until now.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,345
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

because its been used and reused by fascists and supremecists for over 100 yrs thats why. there is NO OTHER REASON to bringbthat name into that stupid as fuck assertion on her part OTHER THAN SHES A FUCKING RASCIST
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I know who they are and that they own a big part of the world and wineries.  I had no idea they were Jewish until now.

do you regularly run with, hire and otherwise court fascists and supremecists?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

What do you think?  I don't know if you're kidding or not but because you never make jokes, I guess you're serious?

Judging by your previous comment If I did run with that sort, then I would have known that the Rothchilds were Jewish.  Since I did not know they were Jewish I must not run around with those types.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

What do you think?  I don't know if you're kidding or not but because you never make jokes, I guess you're serious?

Judging by your previous comment If I did run with that sort, then I would have known that the Rothchilds were Jewish.  Since I did not know they were Jewish I must not run around with those types.

so thats the point, theres no reason to know about that family unless you've been exposed to those groups bullshit.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

so thats the point, theres no reason to know about that family unless you've been exposed to those groups bullshit.
    But I knew who they actually were from wine.  Los Vascos and Opus.  Like Seagrams or Heinz I knew they were involved with other industries and had a lot of money and owned a lot of things.

It's possible to know about a family and not know everything but I do see your point.  I did not know that they are a conspiracy theorists dream, lol.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,938
    I would have sworn there was a thread about viruses and vaccines around here someplace.  :lol: 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    I would have sworn there was a thread about viruses and vaccines around here someplace.  :lol: 
    lol.  It's called a tangent.  We will get back on track.

I'm surprised the mods haven't come in here and smacked us on the nose for it.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    lol.  It's called a tangent.  We will get back on track.

I'm surprised the mods haven't come in here and smacked us on the nose for it.

Hey, you know I have never gone off on a tangent, right?
    I also have a bridge to sell.  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,759
    edited August 2023
    brianlux said:
    let people get their complexes out..lol..
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,759
    Where is the guy who was in favor for all vaccines to tell us about the DTP vaccine and Africa girls??..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    People actually still talk about that nonsense?
  • Options
    LBCeddie said:
    brianlux said:
    Go on tell me more - Condescending Wonka  Make a Meme
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,729
    23scidoo said:
    Where is the guy who was in favor for all vaccines to tell us about the DTP vaccine and Africa girls??..
    I’m curious so pretend I’m that guy. 
  • Options
    LBCeddie said:
    brianlux said:

Hang around and find out.

• Options
    Well this is the latest I've been to a party.
    The covid has arrived 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Well this is the latest I've been to a party.
    The covid has arrived 
    mild case I hope.

• Options
    So far. Thanks. Heart was a bit erratic that's what made me think something was up then the usual aches and viral stuff
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    What do you suppose "Freedom" to these people?  Free to listen to fools?

DeSantis backs Florida surgeon general in urging residents against new Covid vaccines

Democrats say deaths will follow false claim by Dr Joseph Ladapo that new boosters were not tested on humans

Covid-19 deaths are inevitable in Florida, Democrats are warning, after rightwing Republican governor Ron DeSantis joined the state’s controversial surgeon general in urging residents to ignore public health advice and avoid new vaccines targeting a resurgence of the virus.

The extraordinary advice came at a feisty press conference in Jacksonville this week that was also marred by an unseemly shouting match between DeSantis, a candidate for his party’s presidential nomination, and a Black Air Force veteran.

Lashing out at what he called the “medical authoritarianism” of mask mandates and other anti-Covid measures, DeSantis accused federal health agencies of being “basically an arm of Big Pharma” as they mulled authorizing the vaccines as early as next week.

“Pharma will make more money if this thing is approved and they start pushing it on everybody,” said DeSantis, touting Florida’s “freedom” from vaccine mandates.

More at link...

• Options
    brianlux said:

DeSantis backs Florida surgeon general in urging residents against new Covid vaccines

Democrats say deaths will follow false claim by Dr Joseph Ladapo that new boosters were not tested on humans

Covid-19 deaths are inevitable in Florida, Democrats are warning, after rightwing Republican governor Ron DeSantis joined the state’s controversial surgeon general in urging residents to ignore public health advice and avoid new vaccines targeting a resurgence of the virus.

The extraordinary advice came at a feisty press conference in Jacksonville this week that was also marred by an unseemly shouting match between DeSantis, a candidate for his party’s presidential nomination, and a Black Air Force veteran.

Lashing out at what he called the “medical authoritarianism” of mask mandates and other anti-Covid measures, DeSantis accused federal health agencies of being “basically an arm of Big Pharma” as they mulled authorizing the vaccines as early as next week.

“Pharma will make more money if this thing is approved and they start pushing it on everybody,” said DeSantis, touting Florida’s “freedom” from vaccine mandates.

More at link...

A few thousand less repubs in Flo Rida? Let them have their freedumbs. Seal the border this winter to prevent the exodus once the hospitals are overfilled. Fools.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianlux said:

More at link...

A few thousand less repubs in Flo Rida? Let them have their freedumbs. Seal the border this winter to prevent the exodus once the hospitals are overfilled. Fools.

As long as we don't Rida the good Flo folks who live there.  I know some very good uns!  (Why they stay there though is a bit of a mystery to me  :lol: )

• Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,377
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

More at link...

As long as we don't Rida the good Flo folks who live there.  I know some very good uns!  (Why they stay there though is a bit of a mystery to me  :lol: )

Brian: no state income tax, that's why, I'd bet.

I fail to see how killing one's base/ constituents is a viable long-term political strategy, but here we are.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Oh great, DNA alteration and the rest of my life with Home Improvement reruns on loop in my head. No thank you.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

More at link...

Brian: no state income tax, that's why, I'd bet.

I fail to see how killing one's base/ constituents is a viable long-term political strategy, but here we are.

The people I'm close two who live in Florida are there for one or more of these reasons:
    -To be close to family.
    -They want to maintain the gainful employment they found there.
    -The love the FLA coastline.

One couple I know might take low taxes into consideration- they move from California and got a better deal on property there.

I guess there's something to be said for those reasons.  Personally, I have a hard time imagining any those factors would keep me there.