Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,598
    “Steve Bannon’s Meat Puppet” 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,185

I wonder what effect steroids have on the brain.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,598
    mickeyrat said:

I wonder what effect steroids have on the brain.....

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,646
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    You believe them when they talk about the buts..now you don't??..hahahaha...
    I don't believe people. I believe the research. "hahahaha" indeed. 

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/diseases-conditions/origins-coronaviruses
    what you post said, ''Research evidence suggests that SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV originated in bats.'', and,
    ''Unfortunately, because the origins of the SARS-CoV-2 have not yet been identified''..
    also 100% nobody see my post called ''enjoy''..history lesson..
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/feb/26/covid-virus-likely-laboratory-leak-us-energy-department
    We’ve all seen these articles and 1000 like them. There’s no need to keep rehashing the same stuff if you refuse to listen. FOR THE LAST TIME: we all know and acknowledge a lab leak was a possibility. The wet market theory was always just a theory. One that makes sense since it’s known fact that coronaviruses originated in bats and other animals. 

What some of us rejected at the outset wasn’t the possibility of a lab leak, it was conspiracy theorists who “knew” it was without a SHRED of evidence. Intelligent people wait for evidence. Or research as to the likelihood in the absence of evidence. Not YouTube videos or opinion pieces from the dark corners of the internet. 

And now those people think that, because that is now the prevailing theory, this somehow makes them right about everything. You ever hear the saying about a broken clock? 

The smugness of the some in the conspiracy community is also quite off putting. Some of the biggest blockheads on the planet who think they are geniuses. 
    why aren't you honest??..I will speak for myself and not on behalf of the blockheads  ..when I was talking about diarrhea I was saying it because it seemed the most logical to me..but then you all said the opposite and you without any proof..but we were crazy and you are all the right ones who follow science.. and yes my friend, we were right whatever you say..
    and now let me ask you.. how do you feel that they forced you to take the vaccines for a manufactured virus??..
    why am I not honest? WTF are you talking about?

I have no clue what you are saying in the bolded area. 

no, you weren't "right". you latched onto a conspiracy theory and were laughed at for good reason. we likely will never know the true origins of it. But keep up with the smugness. exactly what I was talking about. yes, following science is basically what intelligent humans have been doing since the beginning of time. science evolves as new evidence comes to light. 

I don't claim to be right. I claim to follow the advice of people much smarter than I am, people who have been doing this research for decades, devoting their lives to unlocking the keys to nature. I don't believe I can "do my own research" and then claim to be the smartest guy in the room. 

I wasn't forced to take anything. No one was. I took it of my own free will. And I'd make the same choice again. 
    And again for the thousandth time..who defines what is science and who is a scientist??..

Seriously, man, they are not hard to spot.
    Episode 3 The Mad Scientist Trope  by Melisa Kose  Inspire the Mind   Medium

Really @brianlux??..is Fauci scientist and not the proffesor of Kyoto university which i post some time ago??..

It was a joke.
    But to answer the question, who defines what is science and who is a scientist, I would say anyone with an advance degree in the sciences can be called a scientist.  
    But so what?  The person who graduates last in their class in a medical school with the lowest rating in America can call themself a doctor, but that doesn't mean I'd be OK with that doctor carving on my body the next time I get a basal cell carcinoma?  Hell no!

No, you want to be discerning about who you trust in the sciences, and that means is knowing what their credentials are, their experience, their motivation, what organizations they work with.  And the last thing you want to do is to take the word of a single scientist as gospel.  SO even more important is to look at what peer group scientist have found.  It's better to look at the bigger picture.  For example, I'm going to be much more interested in what Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, U.C. Davis, or Stanford Medical have to say about a disease, medicine, and treatments than any one Dr. Fauci. And I have nothing against Fauci, but he is only one guy.

But Fauci was your gospel out there, wasn't??.. not yours personally..
    And thank you, Kyoto university sounds very reliable to me..

Fauci, my... what, my country's gospel?  I don't know and don't particularly care what the masses consider their gospel (or favorite movie, or favorite pop artist, or favorite beer, or... etc.) 
    No,  I'm more interested in independent thinking, healthy skepticism, and clawing at the surface to get closer to what is real. 
    100% with you..independent thinking, healthy skepticism..
    but which of those did you see here??..

I'm not sure what you're asking.  Which of what did I see?

independent thinking or healthy skepticism.....
    This..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

what you post said, ''Research evidence suggests that SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV originated in bats.'', and,
    ''Unfortunately, because the origins of the SARS-CoV-2 have not yet been identified''..
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/feb/26/covid-virus-likely-laboratory-leak-us-energy-department
    We’ve all seen these articles and 1000 like them. There’s no need to keep rehashing the same stuff if you refuse to listen. FOR THE LAST TIME: we all know and acknowledge a lab leak was a possibility. The wet market theory was always just a theory. One that makes sense since it’s known fact that coronaviruses originated in bats and other animals. 

What some of us rejected at the outset wasn’t the possibility of a lab leak, it was conspiracy theorists who “knew” it was without a SHRED of evidence. Intelligent people wait for evidence. Or research as to the likelihood in the absence of evidence. Not YouTube videos or opinion pieces from the dark corners of the internet. 

And now those people think that, because that is now the prevailing theory, this somehow makes them right about everything. You ever hear the saying about a broken clock? 

The smugness of the some in the conspiracy community is also quite off putting. Some of the biggest blockheads on the planet who think they are geniuses. 
    why aren't you honest??..I will speak for myself and not on behalf of the blockheads  ..when I was talking about diarrhea I was saying it because it seemed the most logical to me..but then you all said the opposite and you without any proof..but we were crazy and you are all the right ones who follow science.. and yes my friend, we were right whatever you say..
    and now let me ask you.. how do you feel that they forced you to take the vaccines for a manufactured virus??..

no, you weren't "right". you latched onto a conspiracy theory and were laughed at for good reason. we likely will never know the true origins of it. But keep up with the smugness. exactly what I was talking about. yes, following science is basically what intelligent humans have been doing since the beginning of time. science evolves as new evidence comes to light. 

I don't claim to be right. I claim to follow the advice of people much smarter than I am, people who have been doing this research for decades, devoting their lives to unlocking the keys to nature. I don't believe I can "do my own research" and then claim to be the smartest guy in the room. 

I wasn't forced to take anything. No one was. I took it of my own free will. And I'd make the same choice again. 
    And again for the thousandth time..who defines what is science and who is a scientist??..

Really @brianlux??..is Fauci scientist and not the proffesor of Kyoto university which i post some time ago??..

It was a joke.
    But to answer the question, who defines what is science and who is a scientist, I would say anyone with an advance degree in the sciences can be called a scientist.  
    But so what?  The person who graduates last in their class in a medical school with the lowest rating in America can call themself a doctor, but that doesn't mean I'd be OK with that doctor carving on my body the next time I get a basal cell carcinoma?  Hell no!

No, you want to be discerning about who you trust in the sciences, and that means is knowing what their credentials are, their experience, their motivation, what organizations they work with.  And the last thing you want to do is to take the word of a single scientist as gospel.  SO even more important is to look at what peer group scientist have found.  It's better to look at the bigger picture.  For example, I'm going to be much more interested in what Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, U.C. Davis, or Stanford Medical have to say about a disease, medicine, and treatments than any one Dr. Fauci. And I have nothing against Fauci, but he is only one guy.

Fauci, my... what, my country's gospel?  I don't know and don't particularly care what the masses consider their gospel (or favorite movie, or favorite pop artist, or favorite beer, or... etc.) 
    No,  I'm more interested in independent thinking, healthy skepticism, and clawing at the surface to get closer to what is real. 

This..

they aren't mutually exclusive.  and you can still be skeptical and come to a measure of acceptance about a thing. in fact you can act as if......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

It was a joke.

This..

they aren't mutually exclusive.  and you can still be skeptical and come to a measure of acceptance about a thing. in fact you can act as if......
    The one complements the other..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,858
    I'm an independent thinker who also practices healthy skepticism. My healthy skepticism tells me my involvement in this thread is about to end in 3...2...1...
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

• Options

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,360
    I deem Covid19 officially over.   The company I work for removed the plastic shields on our desks last week.   The last remnants of the pandemic.
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,470
    Zod said:
    I deem Covid19 officially over.   The company I work for removed the plastic shields on our desks last week.   The last remnants of the pandemic.
    It is far from over my friend:

VACCINE FALLOUT: David Martin says best case scenario for covid jabs is “about 600 million people incapacitated”

Dr. David Martin spoke with Seth Holehouse recently about the number of people who either already are or will be incapacitated due to either receiving Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) “vaccines” personally or having to take care of someone they know who did and became injured – and the numbers are ugly.

Starting with the number three billion, which is a rough estimate for how many people around the world took a COVID injection or injections, Martin looked at which jab lots and batches were most harmful and which were least harmful. From that, he calculated that around 600 million people in a best-case scenario will soon be incapacitated – if they are not already incapacitated.

“If we start with the number three billion, and then we start looking at ‘what were these problematic lots and batches?’ which is the way I’ve looked at this thing from the standpoint from the way I look at the world, because I look at the world through the lens of risk management and risk transfer,” we arrive that this figure, Martin explained.

“Most people don’t know that my corporation is involved in risk management,” Martin added. “We happen to do financial risk management, but we are very intimately involved in the broader sector of what we think of as actuarial sciences that give rise to insurance.”

After looking at the numbers and evaluating the lots most associated with extremely high numbers of adverse reactions, Martin believes that the number of people worldwide who will lose, or already have lost, their ability to function as normal in society will be the equivalent of two United States populations combined.

“There’s been a lot of conversation about the fact that there are certain batches that had high degrees of problematic adverse events, and then certain batches that seemed to have no effect at all,” Martin explained.

“If you look at the number of problematic batches – you’re talking about seven to 15 percent, somewhere in that range – of all the batches … that had extremely severe adverse events … we’re talking about in the best case … we’re talking about permanent death and disability to 300 million people – that i the best case. That is the entire population of the United States distributed across the world – that is the number we’re talking about and that is the best case.”

Martin estimates that upwards of 300 million people around the world have personally succumbed to or been incapacitated due to having taken a COVID shot or shots. Such incapacitation includes long-term health problems such as stroke, paralysis, neurodegenerative problems, Alzheimer’s disease, and other things resulting in disability.

Another 300 million people at least will be taken out of the workforce and out of normal everyday life by the sheer fact that they will have to look after the other 300 million people. This incapacitated group may include family members, friends, and caretakers of the sick and disabled who got jabbed.

“Putting this into context, when we think about what this means … the amount of care that is required to deal with people who are suffering from long-term effects … what we know is that this 300 million people take out another 300 million or more people because these are people who will not be able to be part of the contributing economy,” Martin said.

“They’re not going to be able to do the things they have historically done because they will be, in fact, involved in the near 24/7 care of the individuals who are actually in that other 300 million. So, we’re talking about 600 million people incapacitated.”

The latest news about the devastating impact of COVID injections on human health can be found at ChemicalViolence.com

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,316
    TJ25487 said:
    Zod said:

VACCINE FALLOUT: David Martin says best case scenario for covid jabs is “about 600 million people incapacitated”

Martin estimates that upwards of 300 million people around the world have personally succumbed to or been incapacitated due to having taken a COVID shot or shots. Such incapacitation includes long-term health problems such as stroke, paralysis, neurodegenerative problems, Alzheimer’s disease, and other things resulting in disability.

How crazy that 300 million people have had strokes or become paralyzed and yet nobody noticed.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,768
    Zod said:
    Last week? Jesus…
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    TJ25487 said:
    Zod said:

Dr. David Martin spoke with Seth Holehouse recently about the number of people who either already are or will be incapacitated due to either receiving Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) “vaccines” personally or having to take care of someone they know who did and became injured – and the numbers are ugly.

Starting with the number three billion, which is a rough estimate for how many people around the world took a COVID injection or injections, Martin looked at which jab lots and batches were most harmful and which were least harmful. From that, he calculated that around 600 million people in a best-case scenario will soon be incapacitated – if they are not already incapacitated.

“If we start with the number three billion, and then we start looking at ‘what were these problematic lots and batches?’ which is the way I’ve looked at this thing from the standpoint from the way I look at the world, because I look at the world through the lens of risk management and risk transfer,” we arrive that this figure, Martin explained.

“Most people don’t know that my corporation is involved in risk management,” Martin added. “We happen to do financial risk management, but we are very intimately involved in the broader sector of what we think of as actuarial sciences that give rise to insurance.”

After looking at the numbers and evaluating the lots most associated with extremely high numbers of adverse reactions, Martin believes that the number of people worldwide who will lose, or already have lost, their ability to function as normal in society will be the equivalent of two United States populations combined.

“There’s been a lot of conversation about the fact that there are certain batches that had high degrees of problematic adverse events, and then certain batches that seemed to have no effect at all,” Martin explained.

“If you look at the number of problematic batches – you’re talking about seven to 15 percent, somewhere in that range – of all the batches … that had extremely severe adverse events … we’re talking about in the best case … we’re talking about permanent death and disability to 300 million people – that i the best case. That is the entire population of the United States distributed across the world – that is the number we’re talking about and that is the best case.”

Another 300 million people at least will be taken out of the workforce and out of normal everyday life by the sheer fact that they will have to look after the other 300 million people. This incapacitated group may include family members, friends, and caretakers of the sick and disabled who got jabbed.

“Putting this into context, when we think about what this means … the amount of care that is required to deal with people who are suffering from long-term effects … what we know is that this 300 million people take out another 300 million or more people because these are people who will not be able to be part of the contributing economy,” Martin said.

“They’re not going to be able to do the things they have historically done because they will be, in fact, involved in the near 24/7 care of the individuals who are actually in that other 300 million. So, we’re talking about 600 million people incapacitated.”

The latest news about the devastating impact of COVID injections on human health can be found at ChemicalViolence.com

So clearly these 300 million people haven't had a severe reaction yet.  When is the phantom timeframe that all of these time bombs go off?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,400
    edited July 2023
    static111 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Zod said:

So clearly these 300 million people haven't had a severe reaction yet.  When is the phantom timeframe that all of these time bombs go off?
    For the people who believe this shit? My guess would be anywhere from 20-80 years. 

By the way, chemicalviolence.com ? Hell no am I clicking on that link. hahaha
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,842
    static111 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Zod said:

For the people who believe this shit? My guess would be anywhere from 20-80 years. 

Why not? It might be as good as mychemicalromance.com. Maybe better?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,747
    What a bunch of nonsense.  
  • Options
    static111 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Zod said:

I looked   It blinded me. With TRURTH.  seriously.  If someone were uninformed it comes off as a very legitimate source, however none of the credentials of anyone is verified and at best these articles are opinion pieces, at worst they are purposefully misleading.  It is easy to see how people with low intelligence or preexisting bias are taken for a ride by deceivers like this.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,842
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Zod said:

I looked   It blinded me. With TRURTH.  seriously.  If someone were uninformed it comes off as a very legitimate source, however none of the credentials of anyone is verified and at best these articles are opinion pieces, at worst they are purposefully misleading.  It is easy to see how people with low intelligence or preexisting bias are taken for a ride by deceivers like this.
    Sound like anyone we know? Hmmmmm, I can't quite put my finger on it. Hmmmmmmmm, who could it be?

Harry Frankfurt, philosopher of excrement-level falsehoods, dies at 94

Dr. Frankfurt’s bestselling book, with a title referencing a form of deceit that employs a word bleeped out during his many television interviews, earned him literary fame

Harry G. Frankfurt, a Princeton University philosopher who wrote primarily on Descartes, free will and moral responsibility but found literary fame with his unexpected bestseller “On Bullshit,” a slim treatise on the pervasive, willful and devilish art of avoiding the truth, died July 16 at a care center in Santa Monica, Calif. He was 94.

He had several medical issues, including congestive heart failure, his daughter Katherine Frankfurt said.

Dr. Frankfurt was thrust into the national spotlight in early 2005 after Princeton University Press republished, in a diminutive 67-page hardback, his brief essay on excrement-level falsehoods that had originally appeared in the academic journal Raritan in 1986.

With his appearances on “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart,” “60 Minutes,” and news programs around the world, Dr. Frankfurt’s book achieved a level of publicity rare for an academic publisher and shot to No. 1 on the New York Times bestseller list.

In Dr. Frankfurt’s view, the problem at the core of his book was more complicated than simply saying something untrue.

“The essence of bull---- is that the person who produces it doesn’t really care whether what he’s saying is true or false,” he said at the Miami Book Fair. “He’s not engaged in the enterprise of conveying information or in deceiving people. He’s engaged in the enterprise of manipulating opinions, manipulating attitudes and feelings, and he will say whatever he thinks will be effective in that respect, regardless of whether it’s true or false.”

Stewart asked him whether lying or bulls--- (a word Comedy Central bleeped out) was more corrosive to society.

“I claim that bulls--- is a more insidious threat to society because it undermines respect for the truth and it manifests a lack of concern for the truth,” Dr. Frankfurt replied. “It therefore undermines our commitment to the importance of truth.”

Dr. Frankfurt wrote the essay as a kind of one-off academic exercise in the 1980s. His primary scholarly interests were “psychology and the philosophy of action,” as he explained during a lecture at the annual meeting of the American Philosophical Association in 2010.

“I don't remember exactly how I became involved in those areas, but I do recall one pertinent incident,” Dr. Frankfurt said.

“I was one day ruminating more or less idly in my office,” he said, “about the free will problem; and, in particular, I was turning over in my mind a certain familiar maxim, which was supposed to convey the impossibility of there being such a thing as freedom of the will.”

The maxim, he said, is: “A person may be able to do what he wants, but he cannot want what he wants.”

“It suddenly struck me,” Dr. Frankfurt recalled, “as an idea coming entirely out of the blue, that this maxim is manifestly false. It is possible for a person to want what he wants, I thought, just as it is possible that a person does not want to want what in fact he does want.”

He took the idea further, he said, “promulgating the idea that in order to be morally responsible, an agent need not actually have an alternative to acting as he does.”

“What moral responsibility does require, I maintained, is just that the action which the agent performs be something which he not only has a desire to perform,” he continued, “but that it be something which he wants more or less fully and wholeheartedly to perform – that what he does be something, in other words, which he really wants to do.”

David Bernard Stern was born in Langhorne, Pa., on May 29, 1929, and adopted by Nathan and Bertha Frankfurt. They named him Harry Gordon Frankfurt. His father was an accountant, and his mother taught piano. He never knew his birth parents.

He grew up first in Brooklyn and then in Baltimore. From 1949 to 1954, he studied at Johns Hopkins University, where he completed bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate degrees, all in philosophy.

In addition to Princeton, where he retired as an emeritus professor in 2002, Dr. Frankfurt also taught at Ohio State University, the State University of New York-Binghamton, Rockefeller University and Yale University.

Dr. Frankfurt’s marriage to Marilyn Rothman ended in divorce. Survivors include Joan Gilbert, his wife of 34 years, of Santa Monica, Calif.; two children from his first marriage, Katherine Frankfurt of Truckee, Calif., and Jennifer Frankfurt of Los Angeles; and three grandchildren.

His family said he wasn’t big on small talk, but Dr. Frankfurt seemed to enjoy — and have fun with — the many interviews he gave.

Asked about his “accidental bestseller” by a Times writer, he replied, “What do you mean by accidental? People didn’t know they were buying it?”

The reporter also asked if he thought the book would have sold as many copies with a “less titillating” title, such as ''On Lying.”

“I think the transgressive aspect of it did have a certain influence on its success,” Dr. Frankfurt said. “But the magnitude of the response makes me think that something else was involved. People in this country are starved for the truth.”

Harry G. Frankfurt, philosopher of free will and the untrue, dies at 94 - The Washington Post

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,975
    TJ25487 said:
    Zod said:

1. All of this is bullshit, and you’d have to be high, blindly faithful to your own beliefs, or stupid to believe it.
    2. Here’s a detailed review of why this individual is a bullshit spreader, and why the notions he spreads are bullshit: https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/financial-analyst-david-martin-misrepresents-studies-patent-applications-promote-baseless-claim-sars-cov-2-developed-bioweapon/
    3. Turn off your mind is bad advice from the Beatles. It may not be dying, but being an ignorant spreader of dangerous falsehoods isn’t much better than being an ignorant spreader of CoVID.
    4. I wish I had the confidence that this stupid shit could be left unaddressed without harm. I also wish I had the confidence that I’m not wasting words right now, but you lot are too far gone.
    5. Here’s a published research paper on a pandemic that started before CoVID and at this rate, shows no signs of slowing down. It’s the pandemic of believing this fucking nonsense.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9988712/
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,360
    TJ25487 said:
    Zod said:

I mean I was joking, but covid seems to be a non-issue now.  I also don't get how people who have all had vaccines and are fine, are all of a sudden going to be incapacitated a long while after getting said vaccine (as it's been 2 years since the started rolling out).  That really doesn't seem to be a good source.

I could just make up another unsubstantiated article that Dr. Zod says everything is going be ok :)
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,858
    More bullshit to distract us from the issues that actually are worth paying attention to. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    More bullshit to distract us from the issues that actually are worth paying attention to. 
    like emails and a laptop. we MUST get to the bottom of these critical issues... our future depends on it. .

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,719
    static111 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Zod said:

Didn’t you read it? SOON!

He looked at the numbers! 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,747
    static111 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Zod said:

I'm really impressed with the imaginary "bad batch" numbers.  
  • Options
    static111 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Zod said:

How soon is now?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,975
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Zod said:

How soon is now?
    Now has past. But then will be now soon! 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,588

• Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269

Actually, the greatest risk comes from the vaccinated.