Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,283
    mickeyrat said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    No, absolutely fucking garbage. Just stop.

“It’s scientific garbage, you can’t just pull a bunch of media reports,” he added, noting that in some cases a clinically determined cause of death or health issue isn’t released because it’s private medical information.

Typically, research and scientific data are peer reviewed under a fairly rigorous process to evaluate the methods used to obtain the data and perform the analysis,” Chokshi said in an email. “This is important for several reasons including ensuring the data is accurate, free from unforeseen biases and potential confounders.”

Chokshi added that it’s important to verify the circumstances around a reported death or event to confirm that it was in fact heart-related — something the blog doesn’t do.

“The data presented here does not support the notion that vaccines have caused an increase in sudden death,” he said.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-covid-vaccines-athlete-deaths-1500-989195878254

https://katohika.gr/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Western-Australia-Vaccine-Safety-Surveillance-Annual-Report-2021.pdf
    So you linked to a report issued out of Australia. What does it say about athletes dropping dead? Please reference the appropriate chapter/section.
    US army ask about this, see my post above..Canadian Olympic team ask about this, see my post above..
    from the Australian report..

First and I think the most obvious question is, how do they Define adverse event?
    it's bullshit. adverse events cover everything from a skin rash to flu-like symptoms to death. 

oh I know. personally find I am quicker to become open to new information when I find something on my own, you know?

thought, maybe......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,995
    mickeyrat said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

“It’s scientific garbage, you can’t just pull a bunch of media reports,” he added, noting that in some cases a clinically determined cause of death or health issue isn’t released because it’s private medical information.

Typically, research and scientific data are peer reviewed under a fairly rigorous process to evaluate the methods used to obtain the data and perform the analysis,” Chokshi said in an email. “This is important for several reasons including ensuring the data is accurate, free from unforeseen biases and potential confounders.”

Chokshi added that it’s important to verify the circumstances around a reported death or event to confirm that it was in fact heart-related — something the blog doesn’t do.

“The data presented here does not support the notion that vaccines have caused an increase in sudden death,” he said.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-covid-vaccines-athlete-deaths-1500-989195878254

https://katohika.gr/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Western-Australia-Vaccine-Safety-Surveillance-Annual-Report-2021.pdf
    So you linked to a report issued out of Australia. What does it say about athletes dropping dead? Please reference the appropriate chapter/section.
    US army ask about this, see my post above..Canadian Olympic team ask about this, see my post above..

First and I think the most obvious question is, how do they Define adverse event?
    it's bullshit. adverse events cover everything from a skin rash to flu-like symptoms to death. 
    Most serious medical reports would separate these into at the very least 'serious' or 'not serious' adverse effects, and would also include fatalities. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,911
    mickeyrat said:

Good reminder!  I don't get out all that much and when I do, I don't always wear a mask- seldom in fact- but I do keep my distance from people I don't know and used hand sanitizer after handling good in stores or door handles.  Better safe than sorry!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,720
    Official Australian paper is bullshit..oh Gods..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

But there wasn't 100% safe??..lol
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

Eating a grapefruit isn't 100% safe.  I fail to see the point.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,995
    edited August 2023
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

There's a difference between failing to detect a likelihood of developing a cold, versus failing to detect a possibility of death. The rates of incidence (?) are important if you want to claim this was serious negligence on the part of the governments.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    static111 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

Also walking in the streets isn't safe sometimes..
    because they advertised them to us as 100% safe..don't remember that??..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,304
    static111 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mickeyrat said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

I googled accident eating grapefruit and produced zero results in the last 10 years, lol.

I was actually curious.
  • Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    edited August 2023
    My wife tested positive for COVID this morning.  Three and a half years and neither one of us had it- not even a cold or flu, and now it's here.  We were vaccinated (three times each) and she seems to be doing OK, but my immune system pretty much sucks.  Oye...
    Time bomb Illustration Time bomb illustration reading public Relations  explosion png  PNGWing

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    so mask up and reduce exposure to her.

my stepson got in dec of 2020 before any of us were vaxxed.. we had exposure to him before we found out. we didnt get it and he stayed to himself,  masking while in common areas of the house.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

my stepson got in dec of 2020 before any of us were vaxxed.. we had exposure to him before we found out. we didnt get it and he stayed to himself,  masking while in common areas of the house.

Glad you didn't get it!  Yeah, we're not getting real close right now.  Keeping separate and well apart, sanitizing everything, all that stuff.  She seems to be over the worst already but not getting close until testing negative.
    Man, testing is expensive!  The at-home tests we have have expired.  She tried one and got a negative reading but I didn't trust it so went to Walgreens and bought 6 kits.  $75 damn freakin' dollars!  She used one and tested positive.  Augh!

• Options
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

Glad you didn't get it!  Yeah, we're not getting real close right now.  Keeping separate and well apart, sanitizing everything, all that stuff.  She seems to be over the worst already but not getting close until testing negative.
    Man, testing is expensive!  The at-home tests we have have expired.  She tried one and got a negative reading but I didn't trust it so went to Walgreens and bought 6 kits.  $75 damn freakin' dollars!  She used one and tested positive.  Augh!

those test have an extended expiration date. look at fda or cdc website.....

• Options

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,500
    Best of luck Brian I will be wishing you both well from here mate.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

The ones I got are good until 2025.
    $75 for six tests.  Highway robbery! (Walmart quoted the same price.  Sheesh!)

Thanks, bud.  Much appreciated!

• Options
    Tests are only 2.50 here why the hell are they so expensive there? I should send you some in the post would be way cheaper
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Tests are only 2.50 here why the hell are they so expensive there? I should send you some in the post would be way cheaper

In 2 words, "Merica", "capitalism".

Edit:  And thank you for the kind offer, but I think we are good for now.  Once my wife is better, she can go down to Folsom and get them from Kaiser- maybe even free (could be rumor, but she will try).

• Options
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

and I meant your old tests.....

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,219
    brianlux said:

Edit:  And thank you for the kind offer, but I think we are good for now.  Once my wife is better, she can go down to Folsom and get them from Kaiser- maybe even free (could be rumor, but she will try).

Sorry to hear the news, hope the recovery is quick.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,347
    They had been free here until this past May when the federal public health emergency declaration expired.

Now that they are no longer free, most folks won't bother testing and the virus will have a greater opportunity to spread when outbreaks flare up.

Hope the wife recovers quickly and fully Brian and fingers crossed you manage to avoid contracting it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

and I meant your old tests.....
    Ah, yes!  They had extended the expiration date but that too has past.  Hate to throw stuff away but they gotta go!
    brianlux said:

Sorry to hear the news, hope the recovery is quick.

Thanks, L.
    I will test myself in the AM.  Wouldn't do any good today anyway and want one day more of convincing myself I will not get it.  Beside, I might not have it anyway.

• Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,218
    Speedy recovery to the Mrs, hopefully you dodge it in the process, Brian.
  • Options
    FiveBelow said:

Thanks, FB, much appreciated!

I was feeling rather crummy today so figured it was time to take the test.
    Negative! Hooray!
    Went for my walk and it was hot and really sticky/muggy, especially for around here. That's probably why I was feeling not so hot. Got my good brisk minimum 20 minutes in (normally 15 or 20 minute more but bonus points for heat and humidity).
    Feeling rather lucky today!
    And my wife is doing a lot better. I made her a nice taco salad and she chowed down and could taste the food just fine. Awesome!

• Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,218
    brianlux said:
    FiveBelow said:

Negative! Hooray!
    Went for my walk and it was hot and really sticky/muggy, especially for around here. That's probably why I was feeling not so hot. Got my good brisk minimum 20 minutes in (normally 15 or 20 minute more but bonus points for heat and humidity).
    And my wife is doing a lot better. I made her a nice taco salad and she chowed down and could taste the food just fine. Awesome!

Good to hear. I feel you on the heat taking it out of you. I’m coaching on my son’s baseball team and these last couple weeks have been brutal, it’s amazing how drained I feel after his games. Glad she didn’t lose her taste, and you can’t go wrong with a good taco salad!
  • Options
    It's gone through my house twice and I still haven't got it . So take heart Brian you maybe like me.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    It's gone through my house twice and I still haven't got it . So take heart Brian you maybe like me.
    So glad you have not gotten it!  Stay well!
    FiveBelow said:
    brianlux said:
    FiveBelow said:

Negative! Hooray!

Good to hear. I feel you on the heat taking it out of you. I’m coaching on my son’s baseball team and these last couple weeks have been brutal, it’s amazing how drained I feel after his games. Glad she didn’t lose her taste, and you can’t go wrong with a good taco salad!
    You folks do get the heat, that's for sure!  Same here in the Sierra foothills- maybe a little less than TX but I always feel sluggish when it's 90 to 100 degrees which is most days for about 3 months here.

Stay hydrated and stay well!