Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,598
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,898
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    You believe them when they talk about the buts..now you don't??..hahahaha...
    I don't believe people. I believe the research. "hahahaha" indeed. 

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/diseases-conditions/origins-coronaviruses
    what you post said, ''Research evidence suggests that SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV originated in bats.'', and,
    ''Unfortunately, because the origins of the SARS-CoV-2 have not yet been identified''..
    also 100% nobody see my post called ''enjoy''..history lesson..
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/feb/26/covid-virus-likely-laboratory-leak-us-energy-department
    We’ve all seen these articles and 1000 like them. There’s no need to keep rehashing the same stuff if you refuse to listen. FOR THE LAST TIME: we all know and acknowledge a lab leak was a possibility. The wet market theory was always just a theory. One that makes sense since it’s known fact that coronaviruses originated in bats and other animals. 

What some of us rejected at the outset wasn’t the possibility of a lab leak, it was conspiracy theorists who “knew” it was without a SHRED of evidence. Intelligent people wait for evidence. Or research as to the likelihood in the absence of evidence. Not YouTube videos or opinion pieces from the dark corners of the internet. 

And now those people think that, because that is now the prevailing theory, this somehow makes them right about everything. You ever hear the saying about a broken clock? 

The smugness of the some in the conspiracy community is also quite off putting. Some of the biggest blockheads on the planet who think they are geniuses. 
    why aren't you honest??..I will speak for myself and not on behalf of the blockheads  ..when I was talking about diarrhea I was saying it because it seemed the most logical to me..but then you all said the opposite and you without any proof..but we were crazy and you are all the right ones who follow science.. and yes my friend, we were right whatever you say..
    and now let me ask you.. how do you feel that they forced you to take the vaccines for a manufactured virus??..
    why am I not honest? WTF are you talking about?

I have no clue what you are saying in the bolded area. 

no, you weren't "right". you latched onto a conspiracy theory and were laughed at for good reason. we likely will never know the true origins of it. But keep up with the smugness. exactly what I was talking about. yes, following science is basically what intelligent humans have been doing since the beginning of time. science evolves as new evidence comes to light. 

I don't claim to be right. I claim to follow the advice of people much smarter than I am, people who have been doing this research for decades, devoting their lives to unlocking the keys to nature. I don't believe I can "do my own research" and then claim to be the smartest guy in the room. 

I wasn't forced to take anything. No one was. I took it of my own free will. And I'd make the same choice again. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,425
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    take some advice….get to know the people you’re responding to before you post.  

HFD is one of the most honest members on here.  You may not always agree but he certainly posts enough truths that criticizing him over covid is out of line.  Ever since the pandemic began he provided factual information and opinions that made sense.  

I can’t even understand some of your responses except that they’re always negative.   Full mature sentences would be much appreciated.  
    Advice from who??..you know about me??..why don't you ask around here??..what are you mean here, i'm posting lies??..
    Here’s my response 

Klietccjjrrrkjgsrr!!    Jhegvdvkistt try Blum bf vjjjfhfufjcufh do chiddyurryvkdyi
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,425
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

what you post said, ''Research evidence suggests that SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV originated in bats.'', and,
    ''Unfortunately, because the origins of the SARS-CoV-2 have not yet been identified''..
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/feb/26/covid-virus-likely-laboratory-leak-us-energy-department
    We’ve all seen these articles and 1000 like them. There’s no need to keep rehashing the same stuff if you refuse to listen. FOR THE LAST TIME: we all know and acknowledge a lab leak was a possibility. The wet market theory was always just a theory. One that makes sense since it’s known fact that coronaviruses originated in bats and other animals. 

What some of us rejected at the outset wasn’t the possibility of a lab leak, it was conspiracy theorists who “knew” it was without a SHRED of evidence. Intelligent people wait for evidence. Or research as to the likelihood in the absence of evidence. Not YouTube videos or opinion pieces from the dark corners of the internet. 

And now those people think that, because that is now the prevailing theory, this somehow makes them right about everything. You ever hear the saying about a broken clock? 

The smugness of the some in the conspiracy community is also quite off putting. Some of the biggest blockheads on the planet who think they are geniuses. 
    why aren't you honest??..I will speak for myself and not on behalf of the blockheads  ..when I was talking about diarrhea I was saying it because it seemed the most logical to me..but then you all said the opposite and you without any proof..but we were crazy and you are all the right ones who follow science.. and yes my friend, we were right whatever you say..
    and now let me ask you.. how do you feel that they forced you to take the vaccines for a manufactured virus??..

no, you weren't "right". you latched onto a conspiracy theory and were laughed at for good reason. we likely will never know the true origins of it. But keep up with the smugness. exactly what I was talking about. yes, following science is basically what intelligent humans have been doing since the beginning of time. science evolves as new evidence comes to light. 

I don't claim to be right. I claim to follow the advice of people much smarter than I am, people who have been doing this research for decades, devoting their lives to unlocking the keys to nature. I don't believe I can "do my own research" and then claim to be the smartest guy in the room. 

I wasn't forced to take anything. No one was. I took it of my own free will. And I'd make the same choice again. 
    Don’t listen to any of the bullshit.  Everyone here knows your character.  
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,014
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

right. suspect.....  ;)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,277
    mickeyrat said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

right. suspect.....  ;)
    The prime suspect, I suspect.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

Yesterday was conspiracy, today its truth, whatever you want to say..the other time you told us that you would lose your job and now you tell us that you were not forced??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    edited July 2023
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    take some advice….get to know the people you’re responding to before you post.  

HFD is one of the most honest members on here.  You may not always agree but he certainly posts enough truths that criticizing him over covid is out of line.  Ever since the pandemic began he provided factual information and opinions that made sense.  

I can’t even understand some of your responses except that they’re always negative.   Full mature sentences would be much appreciated.  
    Advice from who??..you know about me??..why don't you ask around here??..what are you mean here, i'm posting lies??..
    Here’s my response 

Klietccjjrrrkjgsrr!!    Jhegvdvkistt try Blum bf vjjjfhfufjcufh do chiddyurryvkdyi
    This is exactly what i was waitng for you..typical A.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

And again for the thousandth time..who defines what is science and who is a scientist??..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    3 shots of Pfizer not Moderna..6 more waiting for me somewhere in warehouse in Europe cause Pfizer care about my health!!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,795
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

And again for the thousandth time..who defines what is science and who is a scientist??..

Seriously, man, they are not hard to spot.
    Episode 3 The Mad Scientist Trope  by Melisa Kose  Inspire the Mind   Medium

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

Yesterday was conspiracy, today its truth, whatever you want to say..the other time you told us that you would lose your job and now you tell us that you were not forced??
    The lab leak theory in and if itself was not a conspiracy theory. The manufacturing of a virus and intentional release to the world was. Big difference. 

Construction worker boss: hey guys, as of today, when working on public roads/spaces, all of you will have to wear an illuminated safety vest. New regs. Studies show that keeps you, your coworkers, and the public safer. 

Worker: but I don’t want to wear it

Boss: then get another job

worker: but I did my own research on those vests; they’re made of a synthetic material that I heard gives you cancer 

Boss: the actual research shows it’s harmless, so wear it or leave. 

Worker: MY RIGHTS! 

You see, like me, this worker had a choice. I actually got vaccinated before my work made it a condition of employment. But I wasn’t forced to do anything. I was given a choice, lije we are all given choices as conditions of infinite things every single day. 

You’re not being FORCED to obey thst red light. No one is stopping you from running it. Physically holding you back. But there are potential consequences for that choice. And those laws are based on research and probabilities and what is best to keep everyone safe. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Science is the research of the physical world around us. 

A scientist is someone who conducts that research. 

Look, I know people like you think that people like me are sheep that listen to what we’re told and mindlessly go throught life questioning nothing. In fact, we’re all sheep. You included. You just have a smaller flock, and it bothers you that your flock isn’t bigger than it is. You’re not a shepherd. You aren’t coming up with these theories on your own. You’re listening to someone just like I am. The difference is, I tend to lean logical and with the majority of experts in their field, whereas others lean conspiratorial and with the outliers. That’s human nature how each individual leans and we all get to our respective places based on our own life experiences up to that point. 

Yes, many hunan discoveries have been done by outliers. But that was before widespread access to quality education, among other factors, so leaning on that one fact does your case no benefit. 

You listen to experts and do things you take for granted every single day. Drinking tap water, driving a car, plugging something in to an electrical outlet. Your whole life surrounds trusting the experts doing their jobs correctly. 

Since we’ve gotten to this point of absolute absurdity (what is science?), I think I’m done here. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

Really @brianlux??..is Fauci scientist and not the proffesor of Kyoto university which i post some time ago??..

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

The lab leak theory in and if itself was not a conspiracy theory. The manufacturing of a virus and intentional release to the world was. Big difference. 

Construction worker boss: hey guys, as of today, when working on public roads/spaces, all of you will have to wear an illuminated safety vest. New regs. Studies show that keeps you, your coworkers, and the public safer. 

Worker: but I don’t want to wear it

Boss: then get another job

worker: but I did my own research on those vests; they’re made of a synthetic material that I heard gives you cancer 

Boss: the actual research shows it’s harmless, so wear it or leave. 

Worker: MY RIGHTS! 

You see, like me, this worker had a choice. I actually got vaccinated before my work made it a condition of employment. But I wasn’t forced to do anything. I was given a choice, lije we are all given choices as conditions of infinite things every single day. 

You’re not being FORCED to obey thst red light. No one is stopping you from running it. Physically holding you back. But there are potential consequences for that choice. And those laws are based on research and probabilities and what is best to keep everyone safe. 
    Vest vs vaccines..really??..you given a ''choice''..vaccine or loose your job??..but no one force you..
    very nice..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options

Look, I know people like you think that people like me are sheep that listen to what we’re told and mindlessly go throught life questioning nothing. In fact, we’re all sheep. You included. You just have a smaller flock, and it bothers you that your flock isn’t bigger than it is. You’re not a shepherd. You aren’t coming up with these theories on your own. You’re listening to someone just like I am. The difference is, I tend to lean logical and with the majority of experts in their field, whereas others lean conspiratorial and with the outliers. That’s human nature how each individual leans and we all get to our respective places based on our own life experiences up to that point. 

Yes, many hunan discoveries have been done by outliers. But that was before widespread access to quality education, among other factors, so leaning on that one fact does your case no benefit. 

You listen to experts and do things you take for granted every single day. Drinking tap water, driving a car, plugging something in to an electrical outlet. Your whole life surrounds trusting the experts doing their jobs correctly. 

Since we’ve gotten to this point of absolute absurdity (what is science?), I think I’m done here. 
    Have i ever call you a sheep??..why you put words in my mouth??..and you came here to call me a sheep..
    really Hugh, for the last time, you don't have idea about me, ok??..keep your conclusion for your self and your buddies here, ok??..
    keep listen the ''experts''..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options

I hope you are..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

Really @brianlux??..is Fauci scientist and not the proffesor of Kyoto university which i post some time ago??..

It was a joke.
    But to answer the question, who defines what is science and who is a scientist, I would say anyone with an advance degree in the sciences can be called a scientist.  
    But so what?  The person who graduates last in their class in a medical school with the lowest rating in America can call themself a doctor, but that doesn't mean I'd be OK with that doctor carving on my body the next time I get a basal cell carcinoma?  Hell no!

No, you want to be discerning about who you trust in the sciences, and that means is knowing what their credentials are, their experience, their motivation, what organizations they work with.  And the last thing you want to do is to take the word of a single scientist as gospel.  SO even more important is to look at what peer group scientist have found.  It's better to look at the bigger picture.  For example, I'm going to be much more interested in what Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, U.C. Davis, or Stanford Medical have to say about a disease, medicine, and treatments than any one Dr. Fauci. And I have nothing against Fauci, but he is only one guy.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

It was a joke.
    But to answer the question, who defines what is science and who is a scientist, I would say anyone with an advance degree in the sciences can be called a scientist.  
    But so what?  The person who graduates last in their class in a medical school with the lowest rating in America can call themself a doctor, but that doesn't mean I'd be OK with that doctor carving on my body the next time I get a basal cell carcinoma?  Hell no!

No, you want to be discerning about who you trust in the sciences, and that means is knowing what their credentials are, their experience, their motivation, what organizations they work with.  And the last thing you want to do is to take the word of a single scientist as gospel.  SO even more important is to look at what peer group scientist have found.  It's better to look at the bigger picture.  For example, I'm going to be much more interested in what Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, U.C. Davis, or Stanford Medical have to say about a disease, medicine, and treatments than any one Dr. Fauci. And I have nothing against Fauci, but he is only one guy.

But Fauci was your gospel out there, wasn't??.. not yours personally..
    And thank you, Kyoto university sounds very reliable to me..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

It was a joke.

Fauci, my... what, my country's gospel?  I don't know and don't particularly care what the masses consider their gospel (or favorite movie, or favorite pop artist, or favorite beer, or... etc.) 
    No,  I'm more interested in independent thinking, healthy skepticism, and clawing at the surface to get closer to what is real. 

• Options
    P.S.  Will check back here tomorrow.  It's freakin' late here and I'm "errand boy" tomorrow.    :lol:

• Options
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

It was a joke.

Fauci, my... what, my country's gospel?  I don't know and don't particularly care what the masses consider their gospel (or favorite movie, or favorite pop artist, or favorite beer, or... etc.) 
    No,  I'm more interested in independent thinking, healthy skepticism, and clawing at the surface to get closer to what is real. 
    100% with you..independent thinking, healthy skepticism..
    but which of those did you see here??..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

It was a joke.

I'm not sure what you're asking.  Which of what did I see?

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,014
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

It was a joke.

I'm not sure what you're asking.  Which of what did I see?

independent thinking or healthy skepticism.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,576