Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,512
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(22)00320-6/fulltext

Tens of millions of lives saved globally via vaccine intervention. FACT. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637
    23scidoo said:
    I can’t find the source of the claim. Does he give the authors names on the study? That might help me. 
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    I can’t find the source of the claim. Does he give the authors names on the study? That might help me. 
    On the first 6 min you can see the whole discussion..i have no more info..sorry..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jDS4vayXK0&ab_channel=Dr.JohnCampbell

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    Huh

“Florida health officials removed key data from COVID vaccine report
    The Surgeon General’s guidance against the vaccine for young men ignored results showing infection was a greater risk for cardiac-related deaths”

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2023/04/07/florida-surgeon-general-covid-19-vaccine-study-heart-problems-men/
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802

Report: Florida officials cut key data from vaccine study
    Today

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — An analysis that was the basis of a highly criticized recommendation from Florida's surgeon general cautioning young men against getting the COVID-19 vaccine omitted information that showed catching the virus could increase the risk of a cardiac-related death much more than getting the mRNA shot, according to drafts of the analysis obtained by the Tampa Bay Times.

The nonbinding recommendation made by Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo last fall ran counter to the advice provided by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Ladapo, a Harvard-trained medical doctor who was appointed by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis in 2021 to head the Florida Department of Health, has drawn intense scrutiny over his shared resistance with the Republican governor to COVID-19 mandates for vaccines and masks and other health policies endorsed by the federal government.

The early drafts of the analysis obtained by the Times through a records request showed that catching COVID-19 could increase the chances of a cardiac-related death much more than getting the vaccine, but that information was missing from the final version put out by the Florida Department of Health last October.

Ladapo said that the risk of men ages 18 to 39 having cardiac complications outweighed the benefits of getting the mRNA vaccine.

Matt Hitchings, an infectious disease epidemiologist and professor of biostatistics at the University of Florida, told the Times that it seems that sections of the analysis were omitted because they did not fit the narrative the surgeon general wanted to push.

“This is a grave violation of research integrity,” Hitchings said. “(The vaccine) has done a lot to advance the health of people of Florida and he’s encouraging people to mistrust it.”

In a statement on Twitter posted Saturday in response to the Times' story, Ladapo said, “It’s not only unfortunate that COVID has corrupted scientists’ ability to think clearly about epidemiology but also sad that people rush to defend a vaccine that has shown increased cardiovascular risk in multiple studies.”

Last year, Ladapo released guidance recommending against vaccinations for healthy children, contradicting federal public health leaders whose advice says all kids should get the shots. In response, the American Academy of Pediatrics and its Florida chapter issued written statements reiterating support for vaccinating eligible children age 5 and older against COVID-19.

DeSantis, who is contemplating a run for the GOP presidential nomination, also has requested that a grand jury be convened to investigate any wrongdoing with respect to the COVID-19 vaccines. DeSantis’ request argues that pharmaceutical companies had a financial interest in creating a climate in which people believed that getting a coronavirus vaccine would ensure they couldn’t spread the virus to others.

The Florida Supreme Court agreed to the request last December.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,967
    I see a new Ebola like virus with 50/50ish death rate is in 2 countries in Africa. Could this be the next one.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I see a new Ebola like virus with 50/50ish death rate is in 2 countries in Africa. Could this be the next one.
    while its possible, I think ebola poses less global risk given experience and history with the virus....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,967
    I think this spreads easier but let's hope it's ok
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Doubtful. Its extremely rare and is only contagious when symptomatic, which would make it much easier to control the spread. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    It's not airborne. Spread is by direct exposure to blood or body fluids. It is a threat to countries where people live in very close quarters with limited access to fresh water and basic hygiene practices, and is a threat to health care workers and other caregivers, but not a major threat outside of that. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    In Africa, deadly Marburg virus strikes opposite sides of continent  https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/03/23/marburg-outbreak-tanzania-equatorial-guinea/ 

In Africa, deadly Marburg virus strikes opposite sides of continent
    By Katharine Houreld and Rael Ombuor
    March 23, 2023 at 14:38 ET
    Outbreaks of the highly infectious and deadly hemorrhagic Marburg virus have killed a total of 12 people in Equatorial Guinea and Tanzania, health authorities said, testing the readiness of health ministries battle-hardened by exposure to the coronavirus and Ebola.
    It’s the first time the disease has been detected in both countries, which are on opposite sides of the African continent.
    Five people have died of Marburg virus disease out of eight confirmed cases in a localized outbreak in Tanzania, in East Africa, said Fiona Braka, head of emergency operations for the World Health Organization.
    In the West African nation of Equatorial Guinea local authorities confirmed seven deaths out of nine cases since Feb. 13.
    [What to know about the deadly Marburg virus as new outbreak emerges]
    “We should be able to mitigate the risks associated with this outbreak,” Braka said Thursday, emphasizing that both nations were testing and isolating suspected cases, were educating the public about health risks and had alerted countries with borders near the outbreaks.
    Tumaini Nagu, chief medical officer of Tanzania, said authorities were temperature-testing travelers passing through the border town of Bukoba, which has a small airport and lies on the shores of Lake Victoria.
    Mitoha Ondo’o Ayekaba, the health minister in Equatorial Guinea, said four cases had been confirmed in Bata, a port that is also the nation’s second-largest city. The cases were spread across three districts, he said, and authorities were carrying out contact tracing for all confirmed cases. Anyone who came into contact with a confirmed case would be isolated for 21 days, he said.
    The Atlanta-based Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had helped set up a laboratory there, and test results were being obtained within an hour, he said.
    Marburg has previously killed between 24 percent and 88 percent of patients with confirmed infections, according to the WHO, depending on the strain of the virus involved and the quality of case management. No approved treatments or vaccines exist.
    The virus is not airborne but can be transmitted by exposure to infected people’s bodily fluids, such as blood, saliva and urine. It also can be passed on by contact with contaminated materials and surfaces such as tables and doorknobs.
    It is caused by the animal-borne RNA virus of the same Filoviridae family as the Ebola virus, which has killed thousands of people during outbreaks that health workers struggled to control. Both diseases are rare but have high fatality rates.
    [Ivory Coast reports first Ebola case in 25 years]
    Marburg is believed to have originated in African fruit bats, which do not typically show symptoms but can infect primates, and it may have spread to people working in mines and or visiting caves. The virus is named for the German city of Marburg, where laboratory technicians performing necropsies on imported African green monkeys in 1967 became infected.
    Africa has seen small, sporadic outbreaks of Marburg affecting a handful of individuals every few years, and there have been a few cases among foreign tourists who visited caves in Uganda or Kenya. The last large outbreaks occurred in Angola and the Democratic Republic of Congo about 20 years ago.
    A report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change released Monday warned that scientists think climate change is driving and exacerbating outbreaks of diseases.
    Although Marburg is deadly, it is far rarer than other diseases including cholera, which has broken out in the current aftermath of Cyclone Freddy, the longest-lived, most relentless and most energetic tropical cyclone on record. The same cyclone has twice battered Mozambique, which lies on the East African coast.
    “We’ve seen the link between climate change and disease outbreaks,” said Matshidiso Moeti, the Africa head of the WHO. “If there are extreme weather events, people move … and live in very precarious conditions under which communicable diseases thrive.”
    In Mozambique, reported cholera cases have nearly quadrupled to almost 10,700 since early February, according to UNICEF, which said Monday that more than 2,300 cases had been reported in the past week alone.

• Options
    Lockdowns now!!!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,461
  • Options
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637
    TJ25487 said:

That page is something else.
  • Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    My favorite part about this is the perfectly applied eye liner. 
  • Options
    Very civilized to make fun of someone without even knowing them..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:

not making fun. its an astute observation. contrasted against the text of the tweet.

critical thought suggests the tweet and its assertion is all bullshit.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    23scidoo said:

not making fun. its an astute observation. contrasted against the text of the tweet.

critical thought suggests the tweet and its assertion is all bullshit.
    Premium Photo  Man tape close mouth dont speech gesture hand up surrender
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options

• Options
    Do people prone to seizures every day wear ear rings that can injure them? I’m just asking the question. 

The 6-8 times she makes eye contact w/ the camera definitely aren’t a red flag either. 
  • Options

• Options
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com