PJ fans in 12 step Recovery

1363738394042»

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 15,341
    Matts3221 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Matts3221 said:
    Hobbes said:
    Celebrating 13 years clean and sober today.

"And if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done."

Amazing , all the love in the world to you and everyone else. One Day , One Week , One Year , One Decade. You should be proud and celebrate every day.

I hope it is ok with everyone that I post on this tread , although not an addict nor having to ever go thru recovery but with my wife having gone thru it and standing by her every step of the day ( 5 years , 5 months , 24 days ) I just love to help cheer anyone on that goes thru it. I love sending her a text with how many days she has been sober. Every day is something everyone should be proud of.

by what mechanism did she find works for her?

While her vice was oxy's so I cannot translate that drinking.

She had decided that she wanted to quit ( I think this is a big piece ) , she also said she said she felt like I had saved her ( although I still tell her she gets all the credit for doing what she did )

I think the biggest thing other than NA meetings , consoling and therapy was that she has a big team behind her. When she first got clean between my family there were 8 of us taking shifts for the first six months , so if she woke up at 2am and felt like she needed to use she could call the person whom for lack of a better word was on shift that night.

Everyday everyone would send her texts or calls about how proud we were and to celebrate the day  at the same time letting her know even if she slipped she could be honest and we would keep supporting her.

I really thinking having a team or squad behind you is huge and I know that not everyone can have that , I don't know what her outcome would have been if she was alone or did not have a group of people whom she could share everything with and not have anyone judge her.

not sure if that answered the question or not but that was what worked for her.

aside from the awesome support she has around her, was she just attending the NA meetings or was/is she working the steps in that program?

just curious. there are any number of ways to get and stay sober/clean.  Whatever works, you know? The result is the THING........

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 80

She was attending the N/A meetings , not following the program to a T , after a while she did find some solace in the fact that she would have those new to the program be mentored by her. Having issues with getting thru the first week she likes to speak to those people and let them know it is possible.

She is thinking about a career change at this point in her life to become a counselor , I was only a tiny bit nervous about this but she said it only encourages her to stay sober.

She has some old photos she will look at once and a while when a craving is coming on strong and she said those help because in her head she is saying that although she may be craving it those old photos remind her of how unhappy she was at that time.

I know things are different for everyone in regards to how copy / stay sober / what motivates and what does not.   

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 15,341
    cool shit. So unknown to me, AAWS has some kind of facility in Kansas City Kansas. My company handled a shipment from them to a place called Recovery Emporium.

I was the driver to get it to the terminal of ours that will deliver today.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14