Official EV Earthling Tour Lottery & Verified Fan Freak Out Thread

Comments

• Just got seat notification for N2 Chicago. Not the best tier 1 location, ORCHRC-ROW Y, but we're in the building.
    I got ORCHLC-ROW Y for N1 and think it should be a pretty great view and outstanding acoustics. I wish it were closer too, but happy to be going (and it's still pretty close)!
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    ruffdog said:
    Just got seat notification for N2 Chicago. Not the best tier 1 location, ORCHRC-ROW Y, but we're in the building.
    I got ORCHLC-ROW Y for N1 and think it should be a pretty great view and outstanding acoustics. I wish it were closer too, but happy to be going (and it's still pretty close)!
    Yeah, your spot on. I looked it up (after I posted, of course). View is pretty good. View in link is about 8 rows behind row Y. 

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/100098/Auditorium+Theatre/section-Dress-RC/row-GG/seat-201/
  • I got 3rd row center for N2.  Pretty amazing!
  • DRS-R row AA.  Have no idea where they seats are at.  Appears to be dress circle.  Are these behind the main floor or part of a balcony?  None of the seating charts really show them.  Paid Tier 2
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    Instinct2 said:
    DRS-R row AA.  Have no idea where they seats are at.  Appears to be dress circle.  Are these behind the main floor or part of a balcony?  None of the seating charts really show them.  Paid Tier 2
    See the link I posted a couple comments above. AA would be 7 rows ahead of where that photo was taken. Nice spot. 
  • Instinct2 said:
    DRS-R row AA.  Have no idea where they seats are at.  Appears to be dress circle.  Are these behind the main floor or part of a balcony?  None of the seating charts really show them.  Paid Tier 2
    See the link I posted a couple comments above. AA would be 7 rows ahead of where that photo was taken. Nice spot. 
    Awesome!!! Thanks!!
  • So, is this going to be an "everyone sit in your seat" show?
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,705
    DRS-C Row GG for night two. Back aways, but almost dead center. I checked out a view from seats that showed the same seats 2 rows ahead of us. It's not too bad. 
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,364
    Anyone here on verified fan?
  • Dug1200Dug1200 Posts: 200
    edited December 2021
    Here is a very detailed seating chart for the Auditorium Theatre Chicago.  Well you have to d/l the pdf
    https://www.auditoriumtheatre.org/your-visit/seating-chart/
    edited December 2021
    wwsuicide said:
    Anyone here on verified fan?
    I just got an email saying I was about 5 minutes ago. I got tickets from the lottery for the show so I am not even sure if I am eligible to purchase 2 more during the sale tomorrow. Update: Well I just got a text with a code for tomorrow so you must be eligible to purchase them if you already have tickets from the lottery. This doesn’t seem like other presale codes I have seen before where you could log in on any account and use the code. It says it can only be used when logged into the account it was sent for. 
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,833
    edited December 2021
    0-8 between 10c and Verified Fan for Chicago shows.
    #ultramegagutted
  • Dug1200Dug1200 Posts: 200
    Instinct2 said:
    I was drs- rc BB for David Byrne and they are great seats
  • tschav said:
    0-8 between 10c and Verified Fan for Chicago shows.
    #ultramegagutted
    Same.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Not a bad seat in the house in Auditorium Theater. Saw EV there in 2008 for the tour closer. Dead center like 40 rows back. Amazing sound. Saw EV in the Fox Theater back in 2011 & was front row, dead center balcony. Best view and sound I think I’ve ever experienced. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,796
    Not a bad seat in the house in Auditorium Theater. Saw EV there in 2008 for the tour closer. Dead center like 40 rows back. Amazing sound. Saw EV in the Fox Theater back in 2011 & was front row, dead center balcony. Best view and sound I think I’ve ever experienced. 

Just saw MMJ there in November for 3 nights.  Not so sure about no bad seats, those upper balconies are WAY up there. I have never sat up there, so cannot really say.  For the Orch and the lower balcony, I agree.  Great room with great sound. Skipped seeing MMJ on the east coast to see them in that venue.
  • RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    0-for-7 on lottery for first round
    0-for-3 on first round for my wife
    Waitlist on round 1
    Put in for night 2 Chicago….nope
    Waitlist again

Its a joke being a 10Club member and can’t participate in “verified” fan sales. Hope others understand frustration.
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    RT85129 said:
    Waitlist on round 1
    Waitlist again

Its a joke being a 10Club member and can’t participate in “verified” fan sales. Hope others understand frustration.
    I agree. We are already verified as a 10c member. Why not make the "verified" fan sale a general on sale via verification also including those in the 10c that were shutout via a code and then make it luck of the draw? The real reason? TM cannot handle the throttle of folks at once trying to buy tickets. 

With this being said....ISO (2) for Chicago N2
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Got row X for N2 for my wife.
  • JakeN7JakeN7 Posts: 63
    Bummed to strike out for both Chicago shows. Anyone get lucky with 10C and verified fan?
  • Tier 1 Balcony RC row C. Hoped for some of the luckier seats, but I knew the risk I was taking.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    RT85129 said:
    Waitlist on round 1
    Waitlist again

Totally get it. Wish Chicago 2 was part of the original announcement because others would’ve prioritized it lower instead of everyone having an equal chance. But it happens, and I’m guessing the seats further back will be put up for sale, lower than any Platinum prices, near the show dates. A weekday show mid-February in Chicago doesn’t seem like it’ll be a 100% packed venue.
  • Get_Right said:

Just saw MMJ there in November for 3 nights.  Not so sure about no bad seats, those upper balconies are WAY up there. I have never sat up there, so cannot really say.  For the Orch and the lower balcony, I agree.  Great room with great sound. Skipped seeing MMJ on the east coast to see them in that venue.
    Saw Neil Young WAAAAAY up in the ceiling a few years ago and though Neil was on the smaller side, it sounded like he was playing right next to us with perfect acoustics, even up there. Just saw Bob Dylan there a few months ago in a box and the view was great and sound amazing. Honestly, I'd say the sound was as good up top as it was in the box. The venue is an acoustical masterpiece!
  • So if you got selected for verified fan, does that guarantee you tickets if your on tomorrow?

Or is a shot at getting tix?
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,690
    So if you got selected for verified fan, does that guarantee you tickets if your on tomorrow?

A shot at getting tickets. I would log on to your TM account at least 10-15 minutes before they go on sale. 
    GlowGirl said:
    So if you got selected for verified fan, does that guarantee you tickets if your on tomorrow?

A shot at getting tickets. I would log on to your TM account at least 10-15 minutes before they go on sale. 
    And make sure your payment information is up to date and ready. Once you get into the sale the tickets are going to go fast, so having everything ready to go will hopefully get you through checkout faster. Good luck!
  • AP30511AP30511 Posts: 112
    It’s so frustrating repeatedly getting shut out for these shows, only to get on Ticketmaster and seeing “platinum” tickets being sold for $700. What an absolute joke the music industry has become. Disheartening to see Eddie not standing up to it. 
    6/24/98: Rapid City, SD
    10/12/00: Bonner Springs, KS
    4/1/03: Denver, CO
    6/13/03: Council Bluffs, IA
    10/5/04: St Louis, MO
    9/4/05: Calgary, AB
    9/5/05: Edmonton, AB
    6/26 & 6/27/06: St Paul, MN
    8/23 & 8/24/09: Chicago, IL
    5/3/10: Kansas City, MO
    7/1/11: St Louis, MO (EV)
    9/30/12: Missoula, MT
    7/19/13: Chicago, IL
    11/16/13: Oklahoma City, OK
    10/9/14: Lincoln, NE
    10/22/14: Denver, CO
    4/23/16: New Orleans, LA
    8/8 & 8/10/18: Seattle, WA
    2/10/22: Chicago, IL (EV)
    9/22/22: Denver, CO
    9/18 & 9/19/23: Austin, TX
    5/28 & 5/30: Seattle, WA
    AP30511 said:
    It’s so frustrating repeatedly getting shut out for these shows, only to get on Ticketmaster and seeing “platinum” tickets being sold for $700. What an absolute joke the music industry has become. Disheartening to see Eddie not standing up to it. 
    Or seeing a pair of (most likely) 10c seats for Chicago 2 already on StubHub for platinum prices.
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089

As others have said, getting selected for Verified Fan does not mean you’re guaranteed to get tickets in the sale; it just means that you get the opportunity to participate in the frantic scrounging for a small number of tickets up for sale. 

But this does raise a question that I’ve always wondered about since the Verified Fan system was introduced… if they’re going to lottery off the right to participate in the sale, and put others on the wait list, why would they have the initial number of “winners” be greater than the amount of tickets that are up for sale? Seems like it would be easy enough to have the initial number of winners be equal to [number of available tickets]/[per person maximum ticket purchase], then go down the line letting wait list people in for any unbought inventory. But from what I can tell, they let way more people in to the Verified Fan sale than can be supported by the available tickets. Why?
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • ChrisdMChrisdM Posts: 164
    Instinct2 said:
    I am in DRS-R row BB, so same section as you, and 1 row behind. Not super fancy/close, but I'm pleased with my seat. Looks good from what I'm seeing on the https://aviewfrommyseat.com site.