Official EV Earthling Tour Lottery & Verified Fan Freak Out Thread

Comments

• ChrisdM said:
    Instinct2 said:
    DRS-R row AA.  Have no idea where they seats are at.  Appears to be dress circle.  Are these behind the main floor or part of a balcony?  None of the seating charts really show them.  Paid Tier 2
    I am in DRS-R row BB, so same section as you, and 1 row behind. Not super fancy/close, but I'm pleased with my seat. Looks good from what I'm seeing on the https://aviewfrommyseat.com site.
    I totally agree, especially being a little cheaper as well.  I was shut out for night one, so anywhere in the building worked for me.  But, pleased with what we got! 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,705
    I got 2 tickets in the lottery but also got a verified fan code. Can try to get 2 more tickets today and transfer them to a friend of mine who was shut out of the lottery and didn’t sign up for verified fan sale? That would mean having 4 tickets until j transferred them. I tried to contact Ticketmaster about it but didn’t get a response. 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    I got 2 tickets in the lottery but also got a verified fan code. Can try to get 2 more tickets today and transfer them to a friend of mine who was shut out of the lottery and didn’t sign up for verified fan sale? That would mean having 4 tickets until j transferred them. I tried to contact Ticketmaster about it but didn’t get a response. 
    You should be fine doing that man. Its a completely different sale. 
  • I got 2 tickets in the lottery but also got a verified fan code. Can try to get 2 more tickets today and transfer them to a friend of mine who was shut out of the lottery and didn’t sign up for verified fan sale? That would mean having 4 tickets until j transferred them. I tried to contact Ticketmaster about it but didn’t get a response. 
    Would you be able to try for 1? Would really really appreciate it!
    Thanks, I didn't want to risk them cancelling the tickets I already have.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Oh that will not happen.

Good luck on the verified fan sake!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    Nah, you will be fine. I just looked at the announcement, and there is nothing stating it would void your 10c entry. It actually encourages you to register for VF. Good luck!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,796
    Consider yourself lucky if you are able to score face value tix through the verified sale. You need to be on top of your game.
  • Did not realize you needed a SEPARATE entry for 10C and Verified fan. Damn.. Looks like Im shut out before they even go on sale. Brutal
    Nah, you will be fine. I just looked at the announcement, and there is nothing stating it would void your 10c entry. It actually encourages you to register for VF. Good luck!
    Thanks, me and tons of others. My experience with the verified fan sale is enter the que to see 100’s of people ahead of me. Then all of a sudden my the number dwindles fast, so you know the tickets are long gone. 
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    wtf is this?!

• If anyone happens to get an extra for night 2 in Chicago, please please please let me know. Got shut out and desperately looking. Thanks so much in advance! 
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    “There are 934 people ahead of you in the Queue”
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,445
    Here’s a tip for those of you trying for tix in the verified fan sale. When you get to the front of the queue/line and are transferred to the ticket page, don’t try to click on seats on the map. I’ve found in the past that the map updates too slowly and the tickets are always gone by the time I click on them. Instead, try clicking on the seats listed in the vertical scroll down bar on the right hand side of the screen. Scrolling down a little bit and clicking on not the best seats also helps. I’ve had much better luck that way. 
  • Yeah. Shut out for night 2. Anyone know when the public on-sale is? Also, anyone have an extra? :)
  • JakeN7JakeN7 Posts: 63
    steven87 said:
    Here’s a tip for those of you trying for tix in the verified fan sale. When you get to the front of the queue/line and are transferred to the ticket page, don’t try to click on seats on the map. I’ve found in the past that the map updates too slowly and the tickets are always gone by the time I click on them. Instead, try clicking on the seats listed in the vertical scroll down bar on the right hand side of the screen. Scrolling down a little bit and clicking on not the best seats also helps. I’ve had much better luck that way. 

This is a solid tip. 

Unfortunately didn't win 10C or VF for either night in Chicago :( 
  • So many Platinum seats, it's disheartening.  I assume the Verified Fan password is user specific and not something generic like Earthlings?

• What were the cheapest seats for Chicago on the Verified sale? Just curious as I didn't get verified so can't see pricing, but do see some Gallery tix available. Would LOVE to get my hands on those!
  • jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    edited December 2021
    Any have an extra single Feb10?
    may have an extra for feb9 I can trade. 

Update: bought platinum for $379. 

I don’t like the direction we are going here……
    Post edited by jfconnorjr on
  • ruffdog said:
    What were the cheapest seats for Chicago on the Verified sale? Just curious as I didn't get verified so can't see pricing, but do see some Gallery tix available. Would LOVE to get my hands on those!
    Appears Gallery tix for Verified Fan presale are $129.50 plus fees.  Ouch, that's steep for a seat that high up.  Auditorium has amazing acoustics, but that's still far away.  Looked at my 2008 receipt for EV there and it was $88 for decent balcony seats.
  • ChrisdMChrisdM Posts: 164
    I hadn't bought a ticket through TM in a long time, so was unfamiliar with what exactly Official Platinum tickets are. I just read the TM help page with the details on it... Man, that sounds really shitty.
    https://help.ticketmaster.com/s/article/What-are-Official-Platinum-Seats?language=en_US
    "...similar to how airline tickets and hotel rooms are sold. The goal is to give the most passionate fans fair and safe access to the best tickets, while enabling artists and other people involved in staging live events to price tickets closer to their true market value."

I'm sure this has already been discussed at length and am late to the party on this topic, but am bummed to read about this practice.
  • Hopped Up said:
    ruffdog said:
    What were the cheapest seats for Chicago on the Verified sale? Just curious as I didn't get verified so can't see pricing, but do see some Gallery tix available. Would LOVE to get my hands on those!
    Appears Gallery tix for Verified Fan presale are $129.50 plus fees.  Ouch, that's steep for a seat that high up.  Auditorium has amazing acoustics, but that's still far away.  Looked at my 2008 receipt for EV there and it was $88 for decent balcony seats.
    I get it that it's a rare show, but yeah that is steep for a seat that high up. That being said, if anyone has a pair for face value on Night 1 or 2, please consider helping a local Chicago fan out (me and my wife). I'd consider trading my 10c N1 single seat in row Y for a pair on either night...as long as we are working in a face value (not platinum) structure (I NEVER buy or sell over face).  
  • What's annoying is that the Platinum prices are above what you can pay on StubHub so TM's algorithm isn't reflecting true market values.  Oh, well, there's 8,000 seats over the 2 nights in Chicago so I expect prices will come down closer to February, either on TM or on StubHub.  Still lots of pairs for night 2 on TM at the inflated Platinum prices (Stubhub has rear balcony for night 2 at $300 each after fees while TM is still over $400 each + fees in balcony).
  • Any idea from previous onsales on this tour if the face value singles ever get released from the Verified Fan pool?  I got waitlisted and seems like the VF folks have all had an hour to scoop up these singles so wonder if they'll be put in the general onsale or if I have any hope of getting off the Waitlist.
  • Anyone have a VF code they don't plan to use?  Still some singles left.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Hopped Up said:
    Any idea from previous onsales on this tour if the face value singles ever get released from the Verified Fan pool?  I got waitlisted and seems like the VF folks have all had an hour to scoop up these singles so wonder if they'll be put in the general onsale or if I have any hope of getting off the Waitlist.
    I've only seen Platinum besides a few VF that popped up closer to on sale time. Don't hold your breath.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,251
    MBLCRC row J through lottery.  Costly, but should be a good time!
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Hopped Up said:
    ruffdog said:
    Stubhub will have that seat for $300. Whether they can sell it at that price is another story.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • There's still a single available 3 hrs after the sale began, but I can't get it because I was put on the "wait list" for VF.  Denied in the 10C sale, and can't get a VF code.  And can't get off this pretend wait list, even though there's still a ticket there.  What a terrible system!  Being in bed with these TM scumbags is just dirty. 
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Amazing how many of the balcony seats were classified as Platinum.  Bottom pic is the last one so they appear to be adding to the Platinum seats.  Annoying that those on Waitlist never get a crack at seats at normal price when so many tickets are classified as Platinum (and which are priced higher than StubHub so don't even sell on day tickets go onsale).