Eddie Vedder Earthling Vinyl Preorder

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,937
    Gonna be $43 CDN in my Vancouver local on Friday.

Nice! Hopefully the price isn't as bad @ Taz Records. Amazon Canada had it @ $50 CDN before they took it down, again.
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,803
    demetrios said:
    Kearn5y said:
    demetrios said:
    Sweet! Received shipping label from 10club on the Earthling vinyl.
    +1

Taking all bets. You'll receive in the mail before I do.
    I May be wrong BuT I doubt it - Charles Barkley  Meme Generator
    Might arrive into the country first but recently my limited 10c orders sit for a couple of weeks to clear customs which sucks
    Kearnsy
    My Amazon.co.uk order is out for delivery this morning.
    Kearnsy
  • desolatejoydesolatejoy Posts: 336
    Kearn5y said:
    My Amazon.co.uk order is out for delivery this morning.
    Are you going to open & play it? If so, I’d love to see some pics of the artwork, vinyl etc 👍🏻
    Wembley Arena, London - 28/10/96
    Wembley Arena, London - 30/05/00 
    Wembley Arena, London - 18/06/07
    02 Arena, London - 18/08/09
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 30/07/12 EV Solo
    Bowl, Milton Keynes - 11/07/2014
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/17 EV Solo
    O2 Arena, London - 18/06/18
    O2 Arena, London - 17/07/18

It's an art to live with pain, mix the light into grey...
    Sorry, some of these are not the best quality. 
    Kearnsy
  • desolatejoydesolatejoy Posts: 336
    Kearn5y said:
    That’s great, thank you 👍🏻
    Wembley Arena, London - 28/10/96
    Wembley Arena, London - 30/05/00 
    Wembley Arena, London - 18/06/07
    02 Arena, London - 18/08/09
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 30/07/12 EV Solo
    Bowl, Milton Keynes - 11/07/2014
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/17 EV Solo
    O2 Arena, London - 18/06/18
    O2 Arena, London - 17/07/18

It's an art to live with pain, mix the light into grey...
    Kearn5y said:

Beautiful!
  • StevieG73StevieG73 Posts: 452
    Anyone know if the pressings are different between US and EU?
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2005 = Halifax, St. John's Night 1
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2011 = EV - Boston, PJ20 Night 1&2, Toronto
    2012 = EV - Orlando Night 1&2
    2013 = Chicago, Worcester Night 1
    2016 = Boston '16
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,802
    JT167846 said:
    Just got an email that a shipping label has been printed for my deluxe CD. That's hilarious. I mean I'm a Tool fan so am used to it but I've pretty much forgotten about this album. If I had a digital download I'd have checked it out fully but aside from four or five listens it totally fell by the wayside. 

Exactly. I got the fresh-pressed a while ago. I've been listening to the streaming version for a while.

When my clear copy shows up, it'll be like...oh. ok.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,554
    For the heads, this (I got the indie blue) is the same cut that was used for the Fresh Press version, but with the CZ matrices added.

No idea about the euro press, but I'm willing to bet its the same as the US.
  • gobr0309gobr0309 Posts: 166
    Does anyone know What is Eddie holding in his hands in the photo for “Try? I bought the album digitally in 24-bit quality but it didn’t come with a booklet
    Minneapolis 2011 - Ed Uke / Charlotte 2013 / Phoenix 2013 / San Diego 2013 / LA 1 & 2 2013 / Memphis 2014 / St. Paul 2014 / Milwaukee 2014 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2016 / Temple of the Dog LA Forum 2016 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2018 / St. Paul 1 & 2 2023 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2024
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    gobr0309 said:
    Does anyone know What is Eddie holding in his hands in the photo for “Try? I bought the album digitally in 24-bit quality but it didn’t come with a booklet
    You playing the MEGA Too tonight?
  • StevieG73StevieG73 Posts: 452
    For the heads, this (I got the indie blue) is the same cut that was used for the Fresh Press version, but with the CZ matrices added.

Both the black and indie version have stickers on the back that says it was pressed in Czech Rep if that's what you're referring to.
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2005 = Halifax, St. John's Night 1
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2011 = EV - Boston, PJ20 Night 1&2, Toronto
    2012 = EV - Orlando Night 1&2
    2013 = Chicago, Worcester Night 1
    2016 = Boston '16
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,285
    I said some of this on another thread, but I'll repeat it here.  I "pre-ordered" this CD and LP on November 23.  Here we are on July 29, more than eight months later, and they're apparently in stores but I still haven't received either.  A week ago, I got an email telling me that a shipping label had been printed for the LP.  The status still shows it awaiting shipment.  (Oh and, in the meantime, I paid for the non-Deluxe CD so that I could listen to this album.  Why were they able to manufacture and distribute the non-Deluxe CD months ago but not the Deluxe CD?)

Meanwhile, another artist I love has a new album out today.  I pre-ordered it in April.  The CD arrived last Friday, a week before it hit stores or streaming platforms.  That's service.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    StevieG73 said:

Both the black and indie version have stickers on the back that says it was pressed in Czech Rep if that's what you're referring to.
    Yes. CZ Media is in the Czech Republic. Well, theres a location in canada too, but then we'd get a Canada sticker instead.

• Anyone know where the photos for the artwork were taken?
    Anyone know where the photos for the artwork were taken?

From the booklet ..

Photography by Danny Clinch
    All photos taken at Casa Batllo’ -Barcelona, Spain
  • silvosilvo Posts: 293
    Does anybody know if the original pre-order from the UK store is the yellow/blue version. Santos said a while back that all direct to fan orders would be blue/yellow. The uk store now has the yellow/blue listed as exclusive colour, however the one i ordered way back says 'standard'. The yellow/blue is more expensive so i'm assuming the one i ordered is gonna be black??
    I've just received an email saying the release date is postponed by a week to 5th August but it says the yellow/blue is in stock!! If i'm going to get black, i want to change my order to the yellow/blue.........I'm confused!!!! Can anybody offer any advice??
    BF25394 said:
    I said some of this on another thread, but I'll repeat it here.  I "pre-ordered" this CD and LP on November 23.  Here we are on July 29, more than eight months later, and they're apparently in stores but I still haven't received either.  A week ago, I got an email telling me that a shipping label had been printed for the LP.  The status still shows it awaiting shipment.  (Oh and, in the meantime, I paid for the non-Deluxe CD so that I could listen to this album.  Why were they able to manufacture and distribute the non-Deluxe CD months ago but not the Deluxe CD?)

Meanwhile, another artist I love has a new album out today.  I pre-ordered it in April.  The CD arrived last Friday, a week before it hit stores or streaming platforms.  That's service.
    Theres so many variables at play here though. 
    silvo said:
    Does anybody know if the original pre-order from the UK store is the yellow/blue version. Santos said a while back that all direct to fan orders would be blue/yellow. The uk store now has the yellow/blue listed as exclusive colour, however the one i ordered way back says 'standard'. The yellow/blue is more expensive so i'm assuming the one i ordered is gonna be black??
    I've just received an email saying the release date is postponed by a week to 5th August but it says the yellow/blue is in stock!! If i'm going to get black, i want to change my order to the yellow/blue.........I'm confused!!!! Can anybody offer any advice??
    Does the UK shop have a black pressing for sale? 
  • False_BeliefFalse_Belief Posts: 763
    Picked up a copy from HMV this morning.   £44, which honestly is just about my upper limit for a fairly standard new release.  Still not sure how that sort of price is justifiable but, hey, completists gotta complete.   

Annoyingly the green/black variant isn’t easily identifiable (no sticker) so had to get it scanned at the checkout to confirm I was buying the right version.  

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• CornishManCornishMan Posts: 447
    edited July 2022
    silvo said:
    I came on here to ask this exact question. Back when we ordered this last year there was no colour variants… so there was only one version to order. I saw Santos post a couple of months ago that suggested we would get the yellow/blue version.

but like you say…. As you can also get the black version in the shop I’m very concerned that it will be the black version that we end up getting…. Especially as the description in my order confirmation describes it as ‘standard vinyl’. 

Latest Email says it is delayed again and we won’t get it until 5th August at the earliest now, so I don’t know whether to cancel my order and re-order the yellow/blue to make sure I get the variant and before it sells out.  But that will mean spending extra money after it was preordered 8 months ago, so I’m not sure whether to risk that what santos said was correct!!! 

I have emailed Virgin EMI who run that PJ UK shop, but haven’t heard anything back.

@Santos L. Halper Are you please able to confirm what version we will get if preordered from the UK PJ shop last year?
    Post edited by CornishMan on
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022, Manchester 2024.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,285
    BF25394 said:

Sure, but there was one thing that was not variable.  There was never any communication of any kind about why these items were delayed.  Again, I ask: why were they able to manufacture and distribute the regular CD months ago but not the Deluxe CD?  I understand that there's a vinyl production backlog, but what does that have do with CD manufacturing?

And what are the variables that have made it so that an item that was already months overdue was apparently ready for shipment eight days ago and still hasn't been sent out?  Is there a UPS strike in Seattle?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 1,995
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

Sure, but there was one thing that was not variable.  There was never any communication of any kind about why these items were delayed.  Again, I ask: why were they able to manufacture and distribute the regular CD months ago but not the Deluxe CD?  I understand that there's a vinyl production backlog, but what does that have do with CD manufacturing?

And what are the variables that have made it so that an item that was already months overdue was apparently ready for shipment eight days ago and still hasn't been sent out?  Is there a UPS strike in Seattle?
    Any time a label is created it doesn't mean squat. When I get that notice I generally figure it will ship in a week or so. Also, sometimes it can take a while to show up in tracking. I took a record to the post office and it took a couple days to show the PO actually got it. I know it can be a bummer though.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 1,995
    silvo said:
    Santos wrote a loooong time ago that all copies from 10C would be the yellow/blue version. Don't know if that has changed.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
    edited July 2022
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

Europe is getting shipments first then the US east to west. Also, the 10c had the first PO up months before retailers got a show from distro so they probably got a bonkers amount of POs. We know its a small operation, so its probably gonna take a while. Santos said its gonna take a few weeks.

As for the the deluxe CD, IDK. Maybe the book manufacturing is a process. No idea. No many CDs are made in that format is my guess. Maybe the art wasn't finalized. Did the standard CD have a booklet? 

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
    silvo said:

Which UK store? Which site did you order?
    Santos said .. "10c and Intl D2C will have the blue/yellow."

• CornishManCornishMan Posts: 447
    demetrios said:
    silvo said:

It’s this site I think…. It was the site UK people were taken to when the preorder was originally announced.

https://shop.virginemi.com/pearljam/

There doesn’t seem to be the black vinyl available there so presumably we’ll get the blue/yellow?
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022, Manchester 2024.
    demetrios said:
    silvo said:

It’s this site I think…. It was the site UK people were taken to when the preorder was originally announced.

https://shop.virginemi.com/pearljam/

There doesn’t seem to be the black vinyl available there so presumably we’ll get the blue/yellow?

Ok. Yes it will be blue/yellow vinyl.

With 25 copies left in stock.