Options

Eddie Vedder Earthling Vinyl Preorder

Comments

• Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    demetrios said:
    Where can you find the cheapest Earthling black vinyl pre order, in the USA or Canada?
    Haven't seen it cheaper than $40 anywhere.  Absolutely absurd price for a single LP.  
    unfortunately this will be the new normal.  A record store I follow posted apologizing for the cost of that new Harry Stiles album and said it was the lowest they could sell it at and it was $40.  Been collecting vinyl for 25 years and it has definitly become a less fun hobby recently due to prices and trendiness.  But like all things the labels will take it too far eventually and destroy it, I just hope record stores can survive if it happens, or maybe people will be buying $50 single records and be cool with it.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,317
    I don't think it's only record labels gouging.   Demand is now vastly outstripping supply when it comes to vinyl.  Taking up to a year to get something pressed. Plus all the inputs, wages, etc.. going up due to inflation in the pressing process.

I'm glad I've been building my collection for the better part of 25 years.... if I started to take it would cost a fortune :(
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    True there is a lot that goes into the price.

I am just happy I have very few wants anymore because if I didn’t buy them when I did I probably never would
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,992
    apirk72 said:
    demetrios said:
    Where can you find the cheapest Earthling black vinyl pre order, in the USA or Canada?
    Haven't seen it cheaper than $40 anywhere.  Absolutely absurd price for a single LP.  
    unfortunately this will be the new normal.  A record store I follow posted apologizing for the cost of that new Harry Stiles album and said it was the lowest they could sell it at and it was $40.  Been collecting vinyl for 25 years and it has definitly become a less fun hobby recently due to prices and trendiness.  But like all things the labels will take it too far eventually and destroy it, I just hope record stores can survive if it happens, or maybe people will be buying $50 single records and be cool with it.

It's sad they are charging this much for just one vinyl record. Pre orders on the EV Earthling blue vinyl is $60 CDN currency. I wonder how much more it would of cost if it was a double LP. Shit is getting intense buying new vinyl records. :|
  • Options
    beano.79 said:

Whoa! I thought this was the 10club exclusive release? 

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,750
    apirk72 said:
    demetrios said:
    It's crazy.  I know vinyl costs are going up but this seems like major price gouging.  Recently got the new Band of Horses album on vinyl for $25 but EV is $40 and both are single LPs.  And for an album that I don't even like that much, it's an easy pass.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    beano.79 said:

Whoa! I thought this was the 10club exclusive release? 

170 left now.
  • Options
    False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 750
    Give it six weeks and the album will be a staple of HMVs never ending 2-for-£40 promotion.   Labels love to gouge superfans who absolutely must own records on the day of release.  

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Options
    Give it six weeks and the album will be a staple of HMVs never ending 2-for-£40 promotion.   Labels love to gouge superfans who absolutely must own records on the day of release.  

Those labels SUCK if they do that. I'm just afraid of Pearl Jam's next record though, if they follow what RHCP did on their latest album vinyl releases. :o
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Was in HMV a couple of months ago, they had Lightning Bolt on vinyl for £8.99. Nearly bought 5 of them to keep until it disappears from the shelves everywhere :) Decided the 4 copies I own are enough.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:
    Was in HMV a couple of months ago, they had Lightning Bolt on vinyl for £8.99. Nearly bought 5 of them to keep until it disappears from the shelves everywhere :) Decided the 4 copies I own are enough.

That's it? :o  Local record stores here are selling the Lightning Bolt vinyl for over $65 CDN!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,861
    demetrios said:
    FR181798 said:

That's it? :o  Local record stores here are selling the Lightning Bolt vinyl for over $65 CDN!
    in winnipeg at sunrise it's $89.99. I nearly shat when I saw that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    demetrios said:
    FR181798 said:

Sunrise is a joke. Look at Amazon Canada.
    Rarewaves-CA has it up for $90.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,861
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    FR181798 said:

yeah, I don't know how sunrise is going to survive only selling funko's and old niche t shirts. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    FR181798 said:

yeah, I don't know how sunrise is going to survive only selling funko's and old niche t shirts. 

Same thing happened to MusicWorld. They had 2 walls of Funko's. You don't need to sell that @ a music store. It's taking up soo much space where vinyl & CD's should be. EBgames does this too.
  • Options
  • Options
    Back in stock! Eddie Vedder - Earthling [Translucent Blue/Black Marble LP] PREORDER https://lunarecordshop.com/products/eddie-vedder-earthling-vinyl-lp-preorder?_pos=6&_sid=bc8ebf11a&_ss=r

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    How many versions are there? This thing has been delayed so much, I can't even remember how many or which ones I have bought already.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Indie exclusive looks the best IMO.
  • Options
    KW6232KW6232 Posts: 351
    MedozK said:
    How many versions are there? This thing has been delayed so much, I can't even remember how many or which ones I have bought already.
    Fresh Pressed
    Clear
    Blue/Yellow
    Black and blue swirl
    Black
    Am I missing any?
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    KW6232 said:
    MedozK said:
    Fresh Pressed
    Clear
    Blue/Yellow
    Black and blue swirl
    Black
    Am I missing any?
    Where are all those available?

10C = Fresh Pressed
    10C = Blue / Yellow
    Indie Exclusive = Black / Blue swirl... correct?

Clear ?
    Black?
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,898
    MedozK said:
    KW6232 said:
    MedozK said:
    Fresh Pressed
    Clear
    Blue/Yellow
    Black and blue swirl
    Black
    Am I missing any?

10C = Fresh Pressed
    10C = Blue / Yellow

Clear ?
    Black?
    Clear was a Spotify exclusive offer that came and went back on May 10, limited to 1,000 units. Check out was actually completed through the 10C shop. 

Black should be standard retail. I see my local record store has two options for the LP, indie exclusive blue/black swirl and standard LP.
  • Options
    kasedoug said:
    MedozK said:
    KW6232 said:
    MedozK said:
    Fresh Pressed
    Clear
    Blue/Yellow
    Black and blue swirl
    Black
    Am I missing any?

10C = Fresh Pressed
    10C = Blue / Yellow

Clear ?
    Black?
    Clear was a Spotify exclusive offer that came and went back on May 10, limited to 1,000 units. Check out was actually completed through the 10C shop. 

Black should be standard retail. I see my local record store has two options for the LP, indie exclusive blue/black swirl and standard LP.
    Thanks, ok then I should be good on all of them then, if I remember right.
  • Options
    KW6232 said:
    MedozK said:
    Fresh Pressed
    Clear
    Blue/Yellow
    Black and blue swirl
    Black
    Am I missing any?

5 total. That's all I know available, at the moment. 
  • Options
    I do have to say that the excitement that comes from getting a vinyl album on release day has been crushed with this delay.  Where I would normally do everything I could to refrain from listening to a digital version of the album was tossed into the wind.  With so much time passed since the release date, it remains to be seen if and when I actually pop the album open and give it a whirl on the turntable.  
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,313
    I do have to say that the excitement that comes from getting a vinyl album on release day has been crushed with this delay.  Where I would normally do everything I could to refrain from listening to a digital version of the album was tossed into the wind.  With so much time passed since the release date, it remains to be seen if and when I actually pop the album open and give it a whirl on the turntable.  
    I'm actually hoping that the delay will rekindle my interest in Earthling. I listened to it 5 or 6 times online back in February and I really didn't enjoy it. There are some good songs that may swing it for me, but as a whole I didn't think it was that good.

Maybe the extended delay (which would have definitely crushed my enthusiasm for other releases) will work in my favour this time.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Earthling black vinyl .. pre order in Canada!

• Options
    goldrush said:
    I'm actually hoping that the delay will rekindle my interest in Earthling. I listened to it 5 or 6 times online back in February and I really didn't enjoy it. There are some good songs that may swing it for me, but as a whole I didn't think it was that good.

Maybe the extended delay (which would have definitely crushed my enthusiasm for other releases) will work in my favour this time.
    I like the positive spin.....I will adopt your position on this....