Eddie Vedder Earthling Vinyl Preorder

Comments

• silvosilvo Posts: 293
    demetrios said:
    silvo said:
    Does anybody know if the original pre-order from the UK store is the yellow/blue version. Santos said a while back that all direct to fan orders would be blue/yellow. The uk store now has the yellow/blue listed as exclusive colour, however the one i ordered way back says 'standard'. The yellow/blue is more expensive so i'm assuming the one i ordered is gonna be black??
    I've just received an email saying the release date is postponed by a week to 5th August but it says the yellow/blue is in stock!! If i'm going to get black, i want to change my order to the yellow/blue.........I'm confused!!!! Can anybody offer any advice??

Which UK store? Which site did you order?
    Santos said .. "10c and Intl D2C will have the blue/yellow."

It’s this site I think…. It was the site UK people were taken to when the preorder was originally announced.

https://shop.virginemi.com/pearljam/

There doesn’t seem to be the black vinyl available there so presumably we’ll get the blue/yellow?
    This is my thinking also, however i too have sent a message to VirginEMI asking the same thing. I want the blue/yellow and am reluctant to pay for it again if i am going to receive it under my original order. The concern is that the yellow/blue is now listed at £7 more than what i paid originally!
    If only there was some clarity from those in the know ;)
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,937
    silvo said:
    demetrios said:
    silvo said:
    Does anybody know if the original pre-order from the UK store is the yellow/blue version. Santos said a while back that all direct to fan orders would be blue/yellow. The uk store now has the yellow/blue listed as exclusive colour, however the one i ordered way back says 'standard'. The yellow/blue is more expensive so i'm assuming the one i ordered is gonna be black??
    I've just received an email saying the release date is postponed by a week to 5th August but it says the yellow/blue is in stock!! If i'm going to get black, i want to change my order to the yellow/blue.........I'm confused!!!! Can anybody offer any advice??

It’s this site I think…. It was the site UK people were taken to when the preorder was originally announced.

There doesn’t seem to be the black vinyl available there so presumably we’ll get the blue/yellow?
    This is my thinking also, however i too have sent a message to VirginEMI asking the same thing. I want the blue/yellow and am reluctant to pay for it again if i am going to receive it under my original order. The concern is that the yellow/blue is now listed at £7 more than what i paid originally!

If there is no link to the black vinyl on the website you purchased and only showing is the blue/yellow, then I believe you will be receiving the blue/yellow edition.

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    Any US addresses getting the vinyl yet? I got the deluxe cd before the vinyl, even though I got the vinyl shipping update first. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,841
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Any US addresses getting the vinyl yet? I got the deluxe cd before the vinyl, even though I got the vinyl shipping update first. 
    Shipping number/email for the clear vinyl, last week I think, but hasn't updated since.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022, 9/7/2024, 9/9/2024, 9/12/2024
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    pjpitt89 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Shipping number/email for the clear vinyl, last week I think, but hasn't updated since.
    Thanks, yeah I got my shipping number on 7.22, but it has not yet updated. I knew the Deluxe CD's were going out later, though.  Could be they were just easier to package and send. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 365
    edited August 2022
    Vedd Hedd said:
    pjpitt89 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Thanks, yeah I got my shipping number on 7.22, but it has not yet updated. I knew the Deluxe CD's were going out later, though.  Could be they were just easier to package and send. 
    Got my shipping label for the vinyl last Tuesday. Hasn’t moved yet but also receive my shipping notice for the deluxe CD last Tuesday. It arrived Thursday but it was shipped UPS not UPS mail innovations, Which is weird because UPS is more expensive and usually used for large/heavier items not a little CD. 
    Post edited by KW6232 on
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,680
    Vedd Hedd said:
    My clear vinyl arrived in Kansas City this morning on its way to Illinois. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,644
    My clear vinyl from 10C is supposed to show up Thursday. My blue and yellow from 10C just has a label printed. My blue and black from Easy Street is also supposed to come on Thursday. With the Fresh Pressed I already have, it is blur how I am ending up with four of these. Shopping frenzy :p
    GlowGirl said:
    My clear vinyl from 10C is supposed to show up Thursday. My blue and yellow from 10C just has a label printed. My blue and black from Easy Street is also supposed to come on Thursday. With the Fresh Pressed I already have, it is blur how I am ending up with four of these. Shopping frenzy :p

Are you also picking up the black vinyl edition too?
    Crossing fingers for a 6th variant edition. >:)
    demetrios said:
    GlowGirl said:

No. This is enough for me :)

GlowGirl said:
    demetrios said:
    GlowGirl said:

No. This is enough for me :)

Ok.
  • lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    edited August 2022
    so barcodes should be:

earthling lp black           0244525428
    earthling lp yellow/blue 
    earthling lp marble        
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • CornishManCornishMan Posts: 447
    silvo said:
    demetrios said:
    silvo said:

I've still not had a reply from VirginEMI.  Sent the email last week!
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022, Manchester 2024.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,004
    lellopj said:
    so barcodes should be:

earthling lp black           0244525428
    earthling lp yellow/blue 0244525429
    earthling lp marble        0244525430
    I thought there was a clear version too?
    Yellow / Blue vinyl from 10club just arrived, along with the black vinyl from Amazon Canada. 

Now the wait for the black / blue vinyl & clear Spotify vinyl. 

Banquet Records order just shipped out.

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,680
    My 10C clear arrived today and sat in the heat all day while I was at work. Hoping for the best. 
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    My 10C clear arrived today and sat in the heat all day while I was at work. Hoping for the best. 
    I’ve had bad luck with that 

at least yours has shipped. Mine is still at the label printed phase 
    I got my 10C clear today.
  • Arrived in Quebec 
    To my ears the yellow/blue is a better pressing than fresh pressed.  Plus it arrived totally flat, I had to flatten fresh pressed 

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,462
    Do we have any idea on how many of each version were pressed?
    Fresh Pressed
    Clear - 1000
    Blue/Yellow
    Black and blue swirl
    Black
  • JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 385

Has anyone had this? I have to go pick it up? Isn’t the point of shipping, so that they ship to your address? 
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,198
    Question. 
    I bought what I thought was the blue marble version at my indie record store.  The UPC sticker ends in 430, but the vinyl inside was black and NOT the blue vinyl.  
    Do I have the color and UPC code combination wrong, or did I get a black vinyl inside what should have been the blue marble?
    edited August 2022
    maverick said:
    Question. 
    I bought what I thought was the blue marble version at my indie record store.  The UPC sticker ends in 430, but the vinyl inside was black and NOT the blue vinyl.  
    Do I have the color and UPC code combination wrong, or did I get a black vinyl inside what should have been the blue marble?
    looks like you should not have gotten the black one at least according to disogs  

Indie version
    • Barcode (Printed): 6 02445 25430 9
    • Barcode (Scanned): 602445254309
    Black 

• Barcode (Sticker): 602445254286
    maverick said:
    Question. 
    Have you held it up to the light. The vinyl looks black until you hold it up to a light.

• maverickmaverick Posts: 1,198
    maverick said:
    Question. 
    looks like you should not have gotten the black one at least according to disogs  

Indie version
    • Barcode (Printed): 6 02445 25430 9
    • Barcode (Scanned): 602445254309
    Black 

• Barcode (Sticker): 602445254286
    Thank you for confirming my thoughts.  Now I wonder how many black vinyl were mislabeled.

and, yes, great idea, I did hold it up to high noon bright sunlight through a couple windows and angles.  It’s black for sure.  I ordered another blue marble vinyl online which I think makes six Earthling vinyls I’ve purchased.  

Two blue /yellow, one a mistake thinking the first one ordered was black and the second was a variant but later learned both would be blue yellow. 
    One clear, one test press, this black that was supposed to be blue and now a second try at acquiring the blue.   I’m doing everything possible to help this LP get to platinum status right away! :)
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,107
    Anyone spin clear yet? Sorry if I missed it. Trying to figure out which pressing has best sound.