Options

America's Gun Violence #2

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,029
    mace1229 said:
    Shooter was transgender....expect GOP to jump on that

but it does address the oddity (maybe?) of a female being the shooter...not saying that to be offensive, just pointing out the fact
    In all fairness, why not? We usually hear “why is it always the white males?” And how it’s always a hate crime against whoever the victims were. Even when it was Asian on Asian it was spun as a hate crime.
    But suddenly when it’s a transgender who targeted a church and religion, that’s off limits?
    Great take, cannot wait to hear a “progressives”response to this one…

Hi Linda! Do you see a trend of transgendered people going on killing sprees anywhere in the universe currently?
    considering all the laws being passed that directly impact and harm the people who are trans, i can see one of them taking up guns and doing things like this. you can only push an already heavily marginalized person so far.
    Good point. However the odds are through the roof that the next mass shooter will be a white male...and it likely will take place in the coming days. 
    I always hear that. So I decided to see if it’s true. Doesn’t appear to be close to true at all.
    I read 4 or 5 different sources and all put white males at about 50-60% of the mass shooters, below their percent of the population.
    Stats vary due to the differences in defining mass shooting. But none would indicate whites are disproportionately high mass shooters.
    Heres one of them I read.
    https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2017/oct/06/newsweek/are-white-males-responsible-more-mass-shootings-an/

If anyone has a more comprehensive list that gives a different result. I’d be interested in seeing a link.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    Watch the video above.

It's not the doors. She shot the glass out of the doors and broke in the door.

Gun 1
    Door 0

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,939
    edited March 2023
    2020 us non hispanic white population % was 57.8%. wonen edge men in numbers. but even if we say its half that , thats roughly 29% of us population are white men ......
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,681
    Watch the video above.

Gun 1
    Door 0

All schools should have concrete or steel doors, no windows and an M1A1 or an APC fully loaded out front.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,773
    Andrew Ogles says he was “utterly heartbroken”  and offered “thoughts and prayers to the families of those lost.” 

And this: “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference—they deserve a place of honor with all that’s good.”

Having a mad man like this in a high office simply Ogles the mind. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited March 2023
    mickeyrat said:
    2020 us non hispanic white population % was 57.8%. wonen edge men in numbers. but even if we say its half that , thats roughly 29% of us population are white men ......
    yes, nearly all mass shootings are male. Males are over represented. But not whites. Yet, every time we hear it’s a white male problem.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,533

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    Watch the video above.

Gun 1
    Door 0

All schools should have concrete or steel doors, no windows and an M1A1 or an APC fully loaded out front.
    Machine gun nests and concertina wire
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    yes, nearly all mass shootings are male. Males are over represented. But not whites. Yet, every time we hear it’s a white male problem.

your search showed 50-60% by white males , no? you further stated that "and all put white males at about 50-60% of the mass shooters, below their percent of the population." So tell me educator, is your math correct?

29% of the population commits between 50 - 60% of mass shootings......
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

but it does address the oddity (maybe?) of a female being the shooter...not saying that to be offensive, just pointing out the fact
    In all fairness, why not? We usually hear “why is it always the white males?” And how it’s always a hate crime against whoever the victims were. Even when it was Asian on Asian it was spun as a hate crime.
    But suddenly when it’s a transgender who targeted a church and religion, that’s off limits?
    If there is no pattern then....yeah kind of

shooter was a former student there
    No one said anything about pattern. When someone pointed out the shooter was trans, you said expect GOP to jump on that.

When a gay man shoots other gay men, it’s spun as a hate crime. When an Asian shoots Asians in an Asian community, it’s a hate crime against asians.

When a trans person targets a church, we can’t talk about that being a hate crime? I saw no explanation why. 
    Doesn’t matter if she’s a former student. She targeted the church and the people there. Seems like way more of a hate crime than an Asian shooting in an Asian community to me. But ones off limits because she’s trans? Or why?
    And the GOP (MTG for one) did jump on it. Anything to distract from the fact that we have a gun problem.

And you are using a lot of straw men up there. 

I'm sure this was a hate crime in a sense. No argument there. And I'm not saying it's off limits....I'm just saying that immediately blaming that characteristic doesn't make sense.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

your search showed 50-60% by white males , no? you further stated that "and all put white males at about 50-60% of the mass shooters, below their percent of the population." So tell me educator, is your math correct?

You know, it is possible to have a conversation without being condescending. 

I said it is a male problem, but not a white problem.
    Whites make up roughly 60% of the population. Mass shooters are 50-60% white. How is it primarily a white problem? It's not. Males, yes. White, no.

Thats like saying traffic is a white problem, because 60% of the drivers on the road are white. Get less white people to drive and we solve traffic issues.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

If there is no pattern then....yeah kind of

shooter was a former student there
    No one said anything about pattern. When someone pointed out the shooter was trans, you said expect GOP to jump on that.

When a gay man shoots other gay men, it’s spun as a hate crime. When an Asian shoots Asians in an Asian community, it’s a hate crime against asians.

When a trans person targets a church, we can’t talk about that being a hate crime? I saw no explanation why. 
    Doesn’t matter if she’s a former student. She targeted the church and the people there. Seems like way more of a hate crime than an Asian shooting in an Asian community to me. But ones off limits because she’s trans? Or why?
    And the GOP (MTG for one) did jump on it. Anything to distract from the fact that we have a gun problem.

And you are using a lot of straw men up there. 

I'm sure this was a hate crime in a sense. No argument there. And I'm not saying it's off limits....I'm just saying that immediately blaming that characteristic doesn't make sense.
    Aside from the usual crazies, like MTG, i don't see this being an issue. Yes, people will bring it up and mention it as a hate crime, and like you said, I believe it probably is too. But I just don't foresee that being a focus as a root cause. And I haven't heard anyone bring it up yet other than stating facts. I don't pay attention to MTG because she's crazy and I don't care what she thinks, so aside form a few weirdos, I don't think anyone is going to blame the trans community for this.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    edited March 2023
    "Aside from the usual crazies, like MTG."

Mace--she is the face of the GOP. There is no denying that at this point. She essentially chose the speaker of the house. The former president and frontrunner for the '24 nomination regularly talks about her. 

That "crazy" is the republican party now, like it or not. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    What is leading people to the conclusion that this was a hate crime?

I'm admittedly in the dark about a lot of this story... so far all I've heard is that the shooter is a former student of the school and trans. Has some of the manifesto or intentions / motivations been revealed? 
  • Options
    KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748

I'm admittedly in the dark about a lot of this story... so far all I've heard is that the shooter is a former student of the school and trans. Has some of the manifesto or intentions / motivations been revealed? 

yes it was a hate crime against Christians. 

Mace--she is the face of the GOP. There is no denying that at this point. She essentially chose the speaker of the house. The former president and frontrunner for the '24 nomination regularly talks about her. 

with all do respect, you are wrong here.  We do not claim her as the face of GOP.  The loudest maybe, but not the face/future. 

• Options
    KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    mace1229 said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    ugh this is awful...thoughts and prayers as well. 

Do you know what 100 billion dollars could do in this country?  It could put two armed and trained security officers in every middle school, high school and university in the country.  Wouldn't that be nice?  I mean, if you're going to make a "gun free school zone", at least provide the school with a way of protecting itself.  It is my opinion, that in cases like these tragedies, more guns is the answer, not less.  
    The police shot her. And an armed officer would be target #1 right? A lot of good that does.

6 people died.  Probably took 6-8 minutes for anyone with a gun to arrive.  Too long.  Threat could have been neutralized upon entry of school with 0 deaths.  I'll take that 100/100.  You wouldn't? 
    You make no sense.

The first person the gunman approaches will die. Armed guards don't generally point their weapon at anyone walking the hallway. If I want to pull a gun out and kill you I will before you even know what happened.

Then I am free to start my spree.

It doesn't matter how many armed people there are. 

yikes....spoken like someone who has 0 training with firearms.  Sorry dude, sit this one out. 
    lol...yeah because what I described just doesn't happen right?

that happens with unarmed people, UNARMED.  not with trained professionals.  Take the L on this one...cant win em all. 
    so if I casually walk up to an armed officer and say "excuse me Sir" then pull my pistol and pop him in the melon how does he defend himself?

Think outside the maga box borat
    He said 2 armed guards at first though. You'd only get the first one that way, assuming they arent just sitting next to each other. 
    yeah so they walk the property together?

And if my intent is to shoot up the school then taking out two armed guards by surprise isn't going to get in my way. The element of surprise is an extreme advantage.
    No, you’re not answering properly- you’ll have two guns ready to go and you’ll take them both down at the same time!  More is more!! The more the better! 

God bless you for trying to reason with - whoever or whatever they are.  I’m at the the fuck this shit level now.  I have no respect for those who think more guns are the solution. 
    So more guns but not more abortions.  Why can’t they see these are the same two fucking things?!  

Horrible analogy.  Unreal. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Whites make up roughly 60% of the population. Mass shooters are 50-60% white. How is it primarily a white problem? It's not. Males, yes. White, no.

Thats like saying traffic is a white problem, because 60% of the drivers on the road are white. Get less white people to drive and we solve traffic issues.

50 to 60% WHITE MALES. your fucking words. shall I quote it?

• Options
    KP_McMinn said:

yes it was a hate crime against Christians. 

with all do respect, you are wrong here.  We do not claim her as the face of GOP.  The loudest maybe, but not the face/future. 

She's your face and future whether you like it or not.

• Options

There will be more details released, but she apparently had a manifesto and targeted that school/church. She was a former students, but she's 28 so that had to be a long time ago. Targeting a church and killing 9 year olds because they belong to said church, pretty much the definition of a hate crime.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Great take, cannot wait to hear a “progressives”response to this one…

Hi Linda! Do you see a trend of transgendered people going on killing sprees anywhere in the universe currently?
    considering all the laws being passed that directly impact and harm the people who are trans, i can see one of them taking up guns and doing things like this. you can only push an already heavily marginalized person so far.
    Good point. However the odds are through the roof that the next mass shooter will be a white male...and it likely will take place in the coming days. 
    I always hear that. So I decided to see if it’s true. Doesn’t appear to be close to true at all.
    I read 4 or 5 different sources and all put white males at about 50-60% of the mass shooters, below their percent of the population.
    Stats vary due to the differences in defining mass shooting. But none would indicate whites are disproportionately high mass shooters.
    Heres one of them I read.
    https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2017/oct/06/newsweek/are-white-males-responsible-more-mass-shootings-an/

If anyone has a more comprehensive list that gives a different result. I’d be interested in seeing a link.

mickeyrat said:
    2020 us non hispanic white population % was 57.8%. women edge men in numbers. but even if we say its half that , thats roughly 29% of us population are white men ......

mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

• Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,412
    edited March 2023
    KP_McMinn said:
    mace1229 said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    ugh this is awful...thoughts and prayers as well. 

Do you know what 100 billion dollars could do in this country?  It could put two armed and trained security officers in every middle school, high school and university in the country.  Wouldn't that be nice?  I mean, if you're going to make a "gun free school zone", at least provide the school with a way of protecting itself.  It is my opinion, that in cases like these tragedies, more guns is the answer, not less.  
    The police shot her. And an armed officer would be target #1 right? A lot of good that does.

6 people died.  Probably took 6-8 minutes for anyone with a gun to arrive.  Too long.  Threat could have been neutralized upon entry of school with 0 deaths.  I'll take that 100/100.  You wouldn't? 
    You make no sense.

The first person the gunman approaches will die. Armed guards don't generally point their weapon at anyone walking the hallway. If I want to pull a gun out and kill you I will before you even know what happened.

Then I am free to start my spree.

It doesn't matter how many armed people there are. 

yikes....spoken like someone who has 0 training with firearms.  Sorry dude, sit this one out. 
    lol...yeah because what I described just doesn't happen right?

that happens with unarmed people, UNARMED.  not with trained professionals.  Take the L on this one...cant win em all. 
    so if I casually walk up to an armed officer and say "excuse me Sir" then pull my pistol and pop him in the melon how does he defend himself?

Think outside the maga box borat
    He said 2 armed guards at first though. You'd only get the first one that way, assuming they arent just sitting next to each other. 
    yeah so they walk the property together?

And if my intent is to shoot up the school then taking out two armed guards by surprise isn't going to get in my way. The element of surprise is an extreme advantage.
    No, you’re not answering properly- you’ll have two guns ready to go and you’ll take them both down at the same time!  More is more!! The more the better! 

God bless you for trying to reason with - whoever or whatever they are.  I’m at the the fuck this shit level now.  I have no respect for those who think more guns are the solution. 
    So more guns but not more abortions.  Why can’t they see these are the same two fucking things?!  

Horrible analogy.  Unreal. 
    Let’s see - you all fight for the right of the fetus yet fuck those already born and in school.  Now THAT is unreal that pro gun enthusiasts believe there’s a difference.  Why do all gun enthusiasts lack common sense?  
    Oh sorry forgot the “with all due respect”. 
    Post edited by cblock4life on
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

I know what I said. I've said 3 or 4 times now. It's a male problem, not a white problem. You want to ignore the facts thats fine. But whites are not more likely to commit a mass shooting that the general population, like it or not, that is the fact. But yet I keep seeing people bringing up skin color again when it has nothing to do with it.
    If you want to play that game, then every male ethnic group is over represented. 
    Pick just 1 variable at a time to compare and skin color has little to do with it. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    KP_McMinn said:

Sorry bud. She is the face of the party you belong to whether you like it or not. Kevin McCarthy would not be speaker had she not supported him. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Yeah I wasn't gonna say anything, but that's sort of the definition of a majority. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    mace1229 said:

There will be more details released, but she apparently had a manifesto and targeted that school/church. She was a former students, but she's 28 so that had to be a long time ago. Targeting a church and killing 9 year olds because they belong to said church, pretty much the definition of a hate crime.

She targeted a school she attended. If she showed up at a church during a service, then she would have been targeting a church. But she didn't, she targeted a school while it was in session. 

There's a pretty big difference there. 

Posted 4 hours ago: 

“There’s some belief that there was some resentment for having to go to that school,” Metropolitan Nashville Police Chief John Drake told Lester Holt of NBC News.

"While the shooter might have targeted The Covenant School, Drake stopped short of saying Hale was going after any specific people. There were also indications that Hale had planned to target other locations, Drake told NBC News."
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nashville-christian-school-shooter-appears-former-student-police-chief-rcna76876

You're right, more will come out, and more will (hopefully) become clear, but until then, the assumption that this was a hate crime is premature based on what we know so far. 

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

I know what I said. I've said 3 or 4 times now. It's a male problem, not a white problem. You want to ignore the facts thats fine. But whites are not more likely to commit a mass shooting that the general population, like it or not, that is the fact. But yet I keep seeing people bringing up skin color again when it has nothing to do with it.

50 to 60% white men.

leaving 40-50% of all other races combined. to include women.

its ALL obscene. but to say at just 29% or so of the population commiting half or more of mass shootings arent more likely to commit mass shootings defies logic.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Yeah I wasn't gonna say anything, but that's sort of the definition of a majority. lol
    Lacking common sense and math skills.  UNREAL!!!!!
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

If you want to play that game, then every male ethnic group is over represented. 
    Pick just 1 variable at a time to compare and skin color has little to do with it. 
    It’s a US problem.  Look those facts up…..number one killer of children is no longer car accidents.  Care to guess what replaced it.  
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Lacking common sense and math skills.  UNREAL!!!!!
    Everyone knows that things like data, facts, numbers, and the weather all have a liberal bias.
This discussion has been closed.