Options

America's Gun Violence #2

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:

"Aside from the usual crazies, like MTG."

Mace--she is the face of the GOP. There is no denying that at this point. She essentially chose the speaker of the house. The former president and frontrunner for the '24 nomination regularly talks about her. 

That "crazy" is the republican party now, like it or not. 

with all do respect, you are wrong here.  We do not claim her as the face of GOP.  The loudest maybe, but not the face/future. 

Sorry bud. She is the face of the party you belong to whether you like it or not. Kevin McCarthy would not be speaker had she not supported him. 

I'm more in the Lauren Boebert corner....but anyone would have been better than pelosi. 
    So you like your crazy a tad on the younger side then? Gotcha. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    KP_McMinn said:
    What is leading people to the conclusion that this was a hate crime?

I'm admittedly in the dark about a lot of this story... so far all I've heard is that the shooter is a former student of the school and trans. Has some of the manifesto or intentions / motivations been revealed? 

yes it was a hate crime against Christians. 
    "Aside from the usual crazies, like MTG."

Mace--she is the face of the GOP. There is no denying that at this point. She essentially chose the speaker of the house. The former president and frontrunner for the '24 nomination regularly talks about her. 

That "crazy" is the republican party now, like it or not. 

with all do respect, you are wrong here.  We do not claim her as the face of GOP.  The loudest maybe, but not the face/future. 

dude, she IS the face of the gop. you guys have to deal with it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    people on twitter are now calling out "hugely popular country stars" that live in nashville for staying silent on this. what they don't realize is you do not get "hugely popular" by saying anything that can potentially keep you from having a song you didn't write go to number 1 on country radio.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,016
    mace1229 said:
    You shouldn’t need to read an article or do “research.” Just pay attention over time and know a little bit about current demographics and the differences between a planned, mass shooting and a random outburst of gun violence that gets classified as a mass shooting because of multiple victims (I go by the definition of four or more victims, not including the shooter).
    Don't research or look at data, just use my feelings? Okay.
    Pay attention to the world around you, okay?
    I actually do. I think thats why it annoys me when I see the race card being played. We had a lot of school shootings in Colorado, one reason we moved. We had a school shooting every day the week before Thanksgiving last year, it was incredibly sad. Most wouldnt make the news beyond a brief local evening news then goes away. 
    Comments that some others make that I must not care bother me, because I do, its why I didnt respond to that one. I've had a former student get killed in a school shooting the following year after I taught him. I had tears when I learned that. Its hard. 
    A lot of those local shootings that dont make national news, aren't all white shooters. Look at the most recent school shooting in national news, the one in Denver from last week, just a few miles from our old house. He doesn't fit the white narrative, I never heard race brought up once. But if its a white shooter, its all some people want to talk about. 
    Race doesn't matter. Gun violence is a problem. Its a growing problem in our schools. Lets fix it and not play the race card and blame white people again.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    edited March 2023
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    You shouldn’t need to read an article or do “research.” Just pay attention over time and know a little bit about current demographics and the differences between a planned, mass shooting and a random outburst of gun violence that gets classified as a mass shooting because of multiple victims (I go by the definition of four or more victims, not including the shooter).
    I actually do. I think thats why it annoys me when I see the race card being played. We had a lot of school shootings in Colorado, one reason we moved. We had a school shooting every day the week before Thanksgiving last year, it was incredibly sad. Most wouldnt make the news beyond a brief local evening news then goes away. 
    Comments that some others make that I must not care bother me, because I do, its why I didnt respond to that one. I've had a former student get killed in a school shooting the following year after I taught him. I had tears when I learned that. Its hard. 
    A lot of those local shootings that dont make national news, aren't all white shooters. Look at the most recent school shooting in national news, the one in Denver from last week, just a few miles from our old house. He doesn't fit the white narrative, I never heard race brought up once. But if its a white shooter, its all some people want to talk about. 
    Race doesn't matter. Gun violence is a problem. Its a growing problem in our schools. Lets fix it and not play the race card and blame white people again.
    But white people are the problem. It isn't minority GOP that keep gun legislation from happening. It's whitey.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    when i hear a mass shooting happens, i immediately picture a disgruntled white male, 20s or 30s, probably an incel,  with metal rim glasses and a strange haircut. most mass shooters fit that description.

• Options
    KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    But white people are the problem. It isn't minority GOP that keep gun legislation from happening. It's whitey.

the white guilt is deeeeep with this one.  He cannot touch the bottom, he is in too deeeeep.  Good god, man....
  • Options
    KP_McMinn said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

the white guilt is deeeeep with this one.  He cannot touch the bottom, he is in too deeeeep.  Good god, man....
    Yeah if minorities were stockpiling AR-15s and blocking gun legislation you would be pooping your thong

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,555
    KP_McMinn said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Yeah if minorities were stockpiling AR-15s and blocking gun legislation you would be pooping your thong
    White males who claim to be "christian " are fine but everyone else HELL NO!
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    The topic is extremely difficult but the discussion should be calm and respectful. Closing this for a bit for cool heads to prevail. Thanks.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    KP_McMinn said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

As evidenced by Saint Ronald.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,649
    OnWis97 said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

But race doesn’t matter, eh?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,409
    This, all of it, feels like we’re in a video game like the “last of us” because this can’t be real

1:52 p.m. ET, March 28, 2023

Shooter purchased 7 guns legally in Nashville, and 3 of them were used in the shooting

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,053
    OnWis97 said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

OnWis97 said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Reagan signed the Mulford act to specifically target the black panthers whom were open carrying.  
  • Options
    Seriously how many fucking guns do you people need?  Mental issues but legally owning 7 guns…..this is madness people.  Even if you’re pro gun you have to admit this is totally fucked up.  
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

OnWis97 said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Reagan signed the Mulford act to specifically target the black panthers whom were open carrying.  
    So, does race matter or not? Mace told us in the context of mass shootings, school shootings or shootings in general, I’m not really sure, it doesn’t matter. Does it?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Seriously how many fucking guns do you people need?  Mental issues but legally owning 7 guns…..this is madness people.  Even if you’re pro gun you have to admit this is totally fucked up.  
    Kitchen
    Living Room
    Dining Room
    Den
    Master Bedroom
    Bedroom
    Bedroom
    Basement
    Bathroom, up
    Bathroom, down
    Garage
    Car
    Shed
    On person

Clearly, 7 is not enough.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Kitchen
    Living Room
    Dining Room
    Den
    Master Bedroom
    Bedroom
    Bedroom
    Basement
    Bathroom, up
    Bathroom, down
    Garage
    Car
    Shed
    On person

Damn, I only keep spare reading glasses in every room. 
  • Options
    Kitchen
    Living Room
    Dining Room
    Den
    Master Bedroom
    Bedroom
    Bedroom
    Basement
    Bathroom, up
    Bathroom, down
    Garage
    Car
    Shed
    On person

Damn, I only keep spare reading glasses in every room. 
    Imagine where you forgot you placed your gun in that easy to reach and accessible hiding spot? But that's why you can just go out and buy more. Like glasses at CVS or Wally Mart.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Beyond fucking sick of these shootings. I don't see it ending anytime soon, unfortunately.

Fucking hell.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    KP_McMinn said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

if minorities were stockpiling any of those things they would be illegal yesterday.

• Options
    KP_McMinn said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

if minorities were stockpiling any of those things they would be illegal yesterday.
    Particularly thongs.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    KP_McMinn said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Particularly thongs.
    they were stockpiling those for a while back when the thong song was new.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    no they wouldn't. being black would be illegal and white people owning more guns would be mandatory. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,510
    Today’s NY Post cover is spectacular. Twice they mention the trans aspect, targeting / attacking Christians, a manifesto and young victims… all TWICE, but zero mention of the how it was carried out. 

*chef’s kiss* 

• Options
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/interactive/2023/ar-15-damage-to-human-body/

interactive 3D article showing how ar-15 can create more devastating injuries than a 9 mm handgun.

• Options
    Today’s NY Post cover is spectacular. Twice they mention the trans aspect, targeting / attacking Christians, a manifesto and young victims… all TWICE, but zero mention of the how it was carried out. 

*chef’s kiss* 

You go, Rupert Murdick, you go boy! How long before these "christian" militias start defending "freedumb?"

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    But I was told this was strictly a hate crime. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,855
    gift article

THE BLAST EFFECT

This is how bullets from an AR-15 blow the body apart

continues with article and 3d modeling

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
This discussion has been closed.