Options

America's Gun Violence #2

Comments

• Options
    KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    KP_McMinn said:
    ugh this is awful...thoughts and prayers as well. 

Do you know what 100 billion dollars could do in this country?  It could put two armed and trained security officers in every middle school, high school and university in the country.  Wouldn't that be nice?  I mean, if you're going to make a "gun free school zone", at least provide the school with a way of protecting itself.  It is my opinion, that in cases like these tragedies, more guns is the answer, not less.  
    The police shot her. And an armed officer would be target #1 right? A lot of good that does.

6 people died.  Probably took 6-8 minutes for anyone with a gun to arrive.  Too long.  Threat could have been neutralized upon entry of school with 0 deaths.  I'll take that 100/100.  You wouldn't? 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    edited March 2023
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:

Do you know what 100 billion dollars could do in this country?  It could put two armed and trained security officers in every middle school, high school and university in the country.  Wouldn't that be nice?  I mean, if you're going to make a "gun free school zone", at least provide the school with a way of protecting itself.  It is my opinion, that in cases like these tragedies, more guns is the answer, not less.  
    The police shot her. And an armed officer would be target #1 right? A lot of good that does.

6 people died.  Probably took 6-8 minutes for anyone with a gun to arrive.  Too long.  Threat could have been neutralized upon entry of school with 0 deaths.  I'll take that 100/100.  You wouldn't? 
    You make no sense.

The first person the gunman approaches will die. Armed guards don't generally point their weapon at anyone walking the hallway. If I want to pull a gun out and kill you I will before you even know what happened.

Then I am free to start my spree.

It doesn't matter how many armed people there are. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    So this was at a private christian school...disgruntled parent? Very strange.

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    I'm a high school teacher and we have 3 armed officers on our campus at all times. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    I'm a high school teacher and we have 3 armed officers on our campus at all times. 
    Are they local police or outside security?

• Options

This shit is so stupid...I really can't imagine being so ignorant 

• Options
    JojoRice said:
    Are they local police or outside security?
    They are local police.  Partnered with our county police department. 

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303

Or that ignorant to vote for someone like that! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Female shooter was 28 years old. 

• Options
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:

You make no sense.

The first person the gunman approaches will die. Armed guards don't generally point their weapon at anyone walking the hallway. If I want to pull a gun out and kill you I will before you even know what happened.

yikes....spoken like someone who has 0 training with firearms.  Sorry dude, sit this one out. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303

The card that keeps on giving I wonder if he’ll send it out for Easter? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:

You make no sense.

yikes....spoken like someone who has 0 training with firearms.  Sorry dude, sit this one out. 
    lol...yeah because what I described just doesn't happen right?

• Options
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:

You make no sense.

that happens with unarmed people, UNARMED.  not with trained professionals.  Take the L on this one...cant win em all. 
  • Options
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:

You make no sense.

that happens with unarmed people, UNARMED.  not with trained professionals.  Take the L on this one...cant win em all. 
    so if I casually walk up to an armed officer and say "excuse me Sir" then pull my pistol and pop him in the melon how does he defend himself?

Think outside the maga box borat

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,166
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:

at least the kids of tennessee are legally protected from accidentally seeing a drag show.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    edited March 2023
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:

You make no sense.

so if I casually walk up to an armed officer and say "excuse me Sir" then pull my pistol and pop him in the melon how does he defend himself?

He said 2 armed guards at first though. You'd only get the first one that way, assuming they arent just sitting next to each other. 
    But you're right, its hard to defend against that.

Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:

You make no sense.

He said 2 armed guards at first though. You'd only get the first one that way, assuming they arent just sitting next to each other. 
    yeah so they walk the property together?

And if my intent is to shoot up the school then taking out two armed guards by surprise isn't going to get in my way. The element of surprise is an extreme advantage.

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,616
    What a great country, that ‘Murica, with its schools turned into armed fortresses and gun violence being the greatest annual killer of children. Shout it from the rooftops how great ‘Murica is.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    edited March 2023
    https://www.healthdata.org/acting-data/gun-violence-united-states-outlier

Clearly those who believe more guns are the solution are the most ignorant assholes in this country.  Less means less, facts don’t lie.  And if you’re using today as an excuse to further your pro gun stance please stop…..people are preparing funeral services for their children.  Have some respect.  

Post edited by cblock4life on
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,616
    Makes ya proud to live in a nation as great as this, right? Freedumbs, yea.

This is the 129th mass shooting in the US this year

From CNN's Elizabeth Joseph

Monday morning's shooting at the Covenant School in Nashville, Tennessee, is the 129th mass shooting in the US so far in 2023, according to data from the Gun Violence Archive.

The Gun Violence Archive, like CNN, defines a mass shooting as one in which at least four people are shot, excluding the shooter. 

Three students and three adults were killed at the Covenant School. The shooter, who was identified as a 28-year-old Nashville woman, was also killed in a shootout with police.

Last year, the US hit 100 mass shootings on March 19, per the GVA. The previous year, 2021, saw a late March date as well. From 2018 to 2020, the country didn't reach 100 mass shootings until May.

This post has updated with the latest figures from the Gun Violence Archive.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    Terrible.  The right won’t do a damn thing though.  
  • Options
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:

You make no sense.

i am trying to think outside the box!  i'd rather spend the 100 billion dollars HERE in AMERICA, protecting our children and teachers, rather then in a foreign land on a war that doesn't have anything to do with me/us.  America FIRST, not last. 
  • Options
    Terrible.  The right won’t do a damn thing though.  
    They will buy more guns.

• Options
    JojoRice said:

thats great, may i ask what state?  Any shootings to speak of at your school recently? 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    edited March 2023
    mace1229 said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:

You make no sense.

And if my intent is to shoot up the school then taking out two armed guards by surprise isn't going to get in my way. The element of surprise is an extreme advantage.
    They're usually not together. Not close enough to get the surprise in on both of them anyway.
    But you are right that it is almost impossible to defend against.

The way most schools are set up though, it would be hard to get that opportunity.  Most schools are pretty secure, with the only entrance being heavily monitored, usually even requiring someone to buzz you in. You state your name, what business you have, etc. They buzz you in, the first person you see may not be armed police, but a secretary who buzzed you in. She's going to ask you to sign in, verify why you're there and give you a visitor pass. If things aren't checking out, she'll call security and they'll be alarmed to a suspicious person. SO its not as simple as just walking up to the first police officer you see and pulling a trigger.
    I don't know why I still see people laughing at the open door in the Uvalde shooting. We've been threatened with write ups for leaving doors open because if you open side doors, it completely invalidates the entire security system. It's a legit thing to point out. 

But my guess is this school was completely different. Only 200 kids and sounds like it is run through the church. There could have been minimal security, and even parents/volunteers walking in and out during the day, and maybe even activities within the church as well.

I'm not advocating for more guns in schools. Just commenting on your response.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:

You make no sense.

how likely is a school shooter going to try and shoot up a school, knowing there are two trained and armed guards in it?  I think it would drastically cut down school shootings. 
  • Options
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:

You make no sense.

i am trying to think outside the box!  i'd rather spend the 100 billion dollars HERE in AMERICA, protecting our children and teachers, rather then in a foreign land on a war that doesn't have anything to do with me/us.  America FIRST, not last. 
    You know that there were armed guards at school shootings within the last few years right? You know that right?

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,733
    KP_McMinn said:

The kind of a nightmare world you seem to envision is not something most of us are interested in.   "More guns is the answer".  The one dimensional arm everyone to the hilt.   What a clusterfuck that would be.  Maybe you already live in such a place.  No thanks, pal. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    KP_McMinn said:

The kind of a nightmare world you seem to envision is not something most of us are interested in.   "More guns is the answer".  The one dimensional arm everyone to the hilt.   What a clusterfuck that would be.  Maybe you already live in such a place.  No thanks, pal. 
    He must live in Mogadishu

This discussion has been closed.