America's Gun Violence #2

Comments

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,297
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    NY laws being introduced.

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.
    No one under 21 can purchase semiauto rifles.
    Social Media has to police their platforms more.  (Not sure how they do this?)An executive order will also go through that has LE monitor social media for warning signs.
    Body armor illegal for non LE.
    Firearm definitions are expanded to try and put other firing devices on the lists.
    High capacity magazines that were bought legally are now illegal.
    Stating Mass harm is now against the law.
    Expanding shared information between agencies.
    Gun salespersons need to be up to date on how to write transfers and State Police need to inspect gun dealers every 3 years.

I hope they pass and lead the way to more states doing the same.
    my bet is anything that passes at state level gets overturned by the supreme court. just sayin.

it is imperative that biden expands the court. but he is a coward, so he won't.
    Many (probably most?) states have their own gun laws and restrictions. Why is this suddenly going to change?
    because of the supremacy clause. the federal government can pass laws that supercede state laws.
    Just wait until the NY case gets decided in the next few weeks. Future looks bright.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,074
    A SCOTUS was a target last night so let's see what happens.
    Beer Boy. let the "radical leftist violent mob" rhetoric start to take hold. 
    Is Antifa back?
    dude is from califonia and called the cops on himself claiming to be having homicidal thoughts so yeah i guess that was antifa.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Have they suggested arming Kavanaugh's family & limiting the amount of doors in the house? 
    no but after the roe v wade overturning leak they already passed a law to give armed security to the justices.

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    tbergs said:
    Can’t afford your hobby? Might be time to take up a new one. Like fishing. Worms are free.

How will patriots defend themselves from varmints like prairie dogs & protect their chicken coops from raccoons without AR15s? 
    How come traps don't come up in varmint discussions when they get mentioned by these AR-15 loving ding dongs, but we have morons going on about traps and trip wires at schools? These people have to know they sound like idiots.

Do idiots know what idiots sound like?
    tbergs said:
    Can’t afford your hobby? Might be time to take up a new one. Like fishing. Worms are free.

How will patriots defend themselves from varmints like prairie dogs & protect their chicken coops from raccoons without AR15s? 
    How come traps don't come up in varmint discussions when they get mentioned by these AR-15 loving ding dongs, but we have morons going on about traps and trip wires at schools? These people have to know they sound like idiots.
    need a varmint trap in your chicken coop. 
    they can't just shoot the varmint, they have to fucking obliterate it, hence the need for the ar-15.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038
    Have they suggested arming Kavanaugh's family & limiting the amount of doors in the house? 
    no but after the roe v wade overturning leak they already passed a law to give armed security to the justices.
    They have no problem quickly addressing problems they want to see solved. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:n
    brianlux said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.
    Social Media has to police their platforms more.  (Not sure how they do this?)An executive order will also go through that has LE monitor social media for warning signs.
    Firearm definitions are expanded to try and put other firing devices on the lists.
    Gun salespersons need to be up to date on how to write transfers and State Police need to inspect gun dealers every 3 years.

I hope they pass and lead the way to more states doing the same.
    my bet is anything that passes at state level gets overturned by the supreme court. just sayin.

it is imperative that biden expands the court. but he is a coward, so he won't.
    Many (probably most?) states have their own gun laws and restrictions. Why is this suddenly going to change?
    I don't know, see abortion if you want an answer. Most states had their own laws for that too, but now it appears to be getting banned. All it takes is one case going to SCOTUS and we get some new fucked up version of Heller because we have some originalist psychos with a lifetime appointment. The SCOTUS is more flawed than ever all because of McConnell. The court should be balanced and it's not. Something needs to change or my AARP years are going to be spent rebuking the bullshit of the current court.
    That’s the exact opposite of what just happened though. Well, nothing has happened, what has leaked to happen shortly. The SC isn’t banning abortion, they’re letting state laws govern. That’s the exact opposite of saying the SC will take total control of gun and get ride of local and state gun laws.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    Beer Boy. let the "radical leftist violent mob" rhetoric start to take hold. 
    Is Antifa back?
    dude is from califonia and called the cops on himself claiming to be having homicidal thoughts so yeah i guess that was antifa.
    Pfffft.  Antifa doesn't call the fuzz...

I was hoping they were back.
    They have no problem quickly addressing problems they want to see solved. 
    exactly. they do not want to solve anything important because their funding, i mean donations,  will dry up.

mace1229 said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.
    I’m not for the micro stamping of bullets.
    I don’t see it having much of a benefit and it’s just going to raise the cost by quite a bit. Which many have already treated they are okay with taxing guns and ammo so much to where it’s a rich man’s luxury. 
    But do people really want individuals who carry guns for a living to not be able to afford to target practice? Or have people with conceal carry permits walking around who haven’t been to the range in years because of the cost?
    I have no concern about people with conceal carry permits not going to a shooting range.
    So you’re okay with people in private security or work with large amounts of cash and valuables who carry for protraction, having zero training and little access to a firing range? Seems dangerous to me.
    tbergs said:

they can't just shoot the varmint, they have to fucking obliterate it, hence the need for the ar-15.

Thule said that because he is really long time buddies with Tester and back in the old days they loved singing Corduroy together while roasting marshmallows and varmints around the campfire.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.
    I don’t see it having much of a benefit and it’s just going to raise the cost by quite a bit. Which many have already treated they are okay with taxing guns and ammo so much to where it’s a rich man’s luxury. 
    But do people really want individuals who carry guns for a living to not be able to afford to target practice? Or have people with conceal carry permits walking around who haven’t been to the range in years because of the cost?
    I have no concern about people with conceal carry permits not going to a shooting range.
    So you’re okay with people in private security or work with large amounts of cash and valuables who carry for protraction, having zero training and little access to a firing range? Seems dangerous to me.
    As dangerous as allowing 18 years olds to buy AR-15s?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    i did not know anybody actually said the word varmint besides yosemite sam.

mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.
    Probably not. But I don’t see why it has to be one or the other.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    haha I honestly didn't know it was a real word. I thought it was slang. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.
    it doesn't....your argument is a hypothetical

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.
    You said you’re okay with people who have cc permits to having limited access to training and a range. I asked how is that safe. You responded with it’s safer than giving an 18 year old a rifle. The 2 are not related. 
    A lot of people legitimately carry guns, I don’t see why you’d want to limit their training with a firearm.
    tbergs said:

Just like those kids in Uvalde who were decapitated. A varmint ain’t dead unless it’s obliterated beyond recognition.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.
    Let the employer pay for the gun range and ammo. They can write it off as a business expense. And why shouldn’t a tax on guns and ammo offset some of the cost of the carnage? Taxpayers and those of us with healthcare are subsidizing the carnage of gun ownership and possession. Time for “responsible” gun owners to pay for their blind eye and turned back.

Brilliantati©
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.
    Let the employer pay for the gun range and ammo. They can write it off as a business expense. And why shouldn’t a tax on guns and ammo offset some of the cost of the carnage? Taxpayers and those of us with healthcare are subsidizing the carnage of gun ownership and possession. Time for “responsible” gun owners to pay for their blind eye and turned back.
    A lot don’t have employers. Ever been to a watch show, antique show or coin show? Dealers are walking to their cars and stores with $500,000+ inventory and thousands in cash. You think most aren’t armed? I sure hope they’ve been to a range if they ever need to use it.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    And Carl Spackler
    This weekend we rock Portland
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.
    You said you’re okay with people who have cc permits to having limited access to training and a range. I asked how is that safe. You responded with it’s safer than giving an 18 year old a rifle. The 2 are not related. 
    A lot of people legitimately carry guns, I don’t see why you’d want to limit their training with a firearm.
    You are saying they have limited access....they don't

mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.
    A lot don’t have employers. Ever been to a watch show, antique show or coin show? Dealers are walking to their cars and stores with $500,000+ inventory and thousands in cash. You think most aren’t armed? I sure hope they’ve been to a range if they ever need to use it.
    And they’re not incorporated or operating as a “business?” They’re not in the “business” of selling watches or jewelry or coins or antiques? Or in the business of being an armed courier? Just a hobby? If so, time to find a new “hobby.” Or is it a line of “work?”

Any excuse. Any. To not own the “responsibility” of owning, possessing or carrying a firearm.

If they are armed for their line of “work,” or “hobby” should there be a legal requirement for a minimum of range time and if so, what should it be? How often are cops required other than their re-certification of proficiency? And cops aren’t all that proficient when firing their weapons to stop a bad guy.

Brilliantati©
    "Fuck them kids" 

-America 

cmon, you didn’t Google it when corduroy came out? Oh…wait.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522

haha, I actually didn't know that word was in that song until this second. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889

I always thought it was vermin's path! Learned something new today.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970

Me neither.  I heard "I'll take the warmest path."

Nothing makes sense any more. 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    I thought it was “firmest path” 

lol
    OnWis97 said:

Me neither.  I heard "I'll take the warmest path."

Nothing makes sense any more. 

Huge smile guys.

I’ve always felt a bit out of place at shows because every time I am stunned how well everyone knows the words.

But varmint, THATS the one I got right from day one!
This discussion has been closed.