America's Gun Violence #2

Comments

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,297
    edited June 2022
    Too bad that purse didn’t have a knife, a bat, wrench or length of pipe in it.

Lashun Rodgers, a 41-year-old grandmother and local volunteer in Orlando, was at a Memorial Day barbecue in her apartment complex’s courtyard when a woman arrived with her daughter — sparking an altercation that quickly turned deadly, witnesses told police.

The two women began yelling at each other — apparently airing grievances over a prior dispute related to a social media post, according to an arrest affidavit. But witnesses say the shouting turned physical after the woman punched Rodgers, who hit her in return.

At one point in the fight, the second woman, 31-year-old Lakrisha Isaac, handed her daughter a purse that contained a pistol, according to the affidavit. As the altercation continued, police say, the 10-year-old fired two shots, striking Rodgers in the head.

Rodgers died in the shooting, which has left prosecutors grappling with how to proceed because of the suspect’s age.

“This shooting is an unimaginable tragedy that defies easy solutions,” Florida Ninth Judicial Circuit State Attorney Monique H. Worrell said in a statement Tuesday. “Our office will proceed with care, and our primary focus will be on doing whatever we can to support Ms. Rodgers’s family, protect the public, and improve the health of this child going forward.”

The girl — who hasn’t been publicly named because of her age — was reportedly arrested Tuesday and could face a charge of second-degree murder, according to ClickOrlando.com, although Worrell made clear that prosecutors have not yet decided whether they will proceed with a case against her. Isaac, who’s still in custody, is also facing a slew of charges, including manslaughter by culpable negligence, aggravated assault with a firearm, child neglect and negligent storage of a firearm, according to an arrest affidavit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/06/08/girl-child-shoots-kills-woman-orlando/

Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038
    brianlux said:
    NY laws being introduced.

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.
    No one under 21 can purchase semiauto rifles.
    Social Media has to police their platforms more.  (Not sure how they do this?)An executive order will also go through that has LE monitor social media for warning signs.
    Body armor illegal for non LE.
    Firearm definitions are expanded to try and put other firing devices on the lists.
    High capacity magazines that were bought legally are now illegal.
    Stating Mass harm is now against the law.
    Expanding shared information between agencies.
    Gun salespersons need to be up to date on how to write transfers and State Police need to inspect gun dealers every 3 years.

I hope they pass and lead the way to more states doing the same.
    my bet is anything that passes at state level gets overturned by the supreme court. just sayin.

it is imperative that biden expands the court. but he is a coward, so he won't.
    You want to restructure the courts to rule in your favor?  Really?

Yeah, how dare he think like republicans.  
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    brianlux said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.
    Social Media has to police their platforms more.  (Not sure how they do this?)An executive order will also go through that has LE monitor social media for warning signs.
    Firearm definitions are expanded to try and put other firing devices on the lists.
    Gun salespersons need to be up to date on how to write transfers and State Police need to inspect gun dealers every 3 years.

my bet is anything that passes at state level gets overturned by the supreme court. just sayin.

you mean like McConnell did? The GOP politicized the selection of Garland and effectively stole a seat. Then they contradicted their own logic when Ginsburg died.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    brianlux said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.

Yeah, how dare he think like republicans.  
    brianlux said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.

you mean like McConnell did? The GOP politicized the selection of Garland and effectively stole a seat. Then they contradicted their own logic when Ginsburg died.
    Didn't the dems change something not too long ago that bites them in the ass now?
    brianlux said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.

I honestly don't know how he was able to do that...
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    brianlux said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.

Because the dems are spineless and folded claiming that they were taking the high road.  Obama should have just appointed Garland and said he asked for advise and consent and got none, so he needed to fulfill his presidential duty.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,074
    brianlux said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.

no, i want to restructure the supreme court to better reflect the population of the american people. this court is regressive. they are about to be the first court to take away rights in direct opposition of what the majority of americans want. they also rule in favor of gun lobby which is REALLY in direct opposition of what the american people want. please try to keep up.

also, mcconnell said that "we are not going to allow the president to pick a justice in the year of an election. we will let the american people vote and then allow an appointment", something along those lines. mcconnell stonewalled a president from doing his constiutionally directed job. biden should appoint 4 more justices, make it 13, and go from there.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    A must watch but have tissues nearby...

https://youtu.be/cJOw0XUyTQs
    I usually loathe these types of things from famous people, but man, he is genuine. 

who was the asshole at the end who shouted "were you grandstanding sir?". fuck off
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    brianlux said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.

One way was that while President Obama was in office the senate either refused or voted against most of the federal court nominees put forth by President Obama. Leaving literally hundreds of open judicial positions. Which were then filled during the reign of tfg. This includes the Supreme Court 
    This was orchestrated by McConnell.
    His legacy is taking America back to the 1950s.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,173

I usually loathe these types of things from famous people, but man, he is genuine. 

who was the asshole at the end who shouted "were you grandstanding sir?". fuck off
    Ex-faux hack reporter
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,742

Ex-faux hack reporter

representing newsmax
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    I know he is an actor but I believed that was totally from the heart.  This might be the most inspiring talk from Washington since Obama.  

Edit:  Just finished.  Reporters really took that all to heart by just all yelling out questions at once.  
    Some Fox News anchor whined about someone coming in from Hollywood to talk about gun violence.

Narrator: "He was born in Uvalde, Texas."
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    brianlux said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.

Many (probably most?) states have their own gun laws and restrictions. Why is this suddenly going to change?
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.
    I’m not for the micro stamping of bullets.
    I don’t see it having much of a benefit and it’s just going to raise the cost by quite a bit. Which many have already treated they are okay with taxing guns and ammo so much to where it’s a rich man’s luxury. 
    But do people really want individuals who carry guns for a living to not be able to afford to target practice? Or have people with conceal carry permits walking around who haven’t been to the range in years because of the cost?
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    edited June 2022
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.

Many (probably most?) states have their own gun laws and restrictions. Why is this suddenly going to change?
    I don't know, see abortion if you want an answer. Most states had their own laws for that too, but now it appears to be getting banned. All it takes is one case going to SCOTUS and we get some new fucked up version of Heller because we have some originalist psychos with a lifetime appointment. The SCOTUS is more flawed than ever all because of McConnell. The court should be balanced and it's not. Something needs to change or my AARP years are going to be spent rebuking the bullshit of the current court.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    A SCOTUS was a target last night so let's see what happens.
    Beer Boy. let the "radical leftist violent mob" rhetoric start to take hold. 

www.headstonesband.com

mace1229 said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.
    I don’t see it having much of a benefit and it’s just going to raise the cost by quite a bit. Which many have already treated they are okay with taxing guns and ammo so much to where it’s a rich man’s luxury. 
    But do people really want individuals who carry guns for a living to not be able to afford to target practice? Or have people with conceal carry permits walking around who haven’t been to the range in years because of the cost?
    I have no concern about people with conceal carry permits not going to a shooting range.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    mace1229 said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.
    I have no concern about people with conceal carry permits not going to a shooting range.
    How about someone without a CC?
    Beer Boy. let the "radical leftist violent mob" rhetoric start to take hold. 
    Is Antifa back?
    mace1229 said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.
    How about someone without a CC?
    Still not concerned. I don't go to shooting ranges but I could certainly load my gun and shoot someone close range if needed. 

Practice is good but it isn't required especially if the main reason you have a gun is home defense. Very unlikely that you will ever use it for that anyway.

Can’t afford your hobby? Might be time to take up a new one. Like fishing. Worms are free.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
    Can’t afford your hobby? Might be time to take up a new one. Like fishing. Worms are free.
    free in the house of congress. just take a right once entering the chamber. 

www.headstonesband.com

edited June 2022

How will patriots defend themselves from varmints like prairie dogs & protect their chicken coops from raccoons without AR15s? 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    edited June 2022

How will patriots defend themselves from varmints like prairie dogs & protect their chicken coops from raccoons without AR15s? 
    How come traps don't come up in varmint discussions when they get mentioned by these AR-15 loving ding dongs, but we have morons going on about traps and trip wires at schools? These people have to know they sound like idiots.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    I heard he was dressed all in black and was wearing a BLM arm band and t-shirt with a Hillary 2016 button.

Brilliantati©
    tbergs said:

How come traps don't come up in varmint discussions when they get mentioned by these AR-15 loving ding dongs, but we have morons going on about traps and trip wires at schools? These people have to know they sound like idiots.
    need a varmint trap in your chicken coop. 

www.headstonesband.com

tbergs said:

need a varmint trap in your chicken coop. 
    And under your airplane seat.

Brilliantati©
    Have they suggested arming Kavanaugh's family & limiting the amount of doors in the house? 
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,074
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:

Red Flag laws expanding.
    Microstamping bullets.

because of the supremacy clause. the federal government can pass laws that supercede state laws.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
This discussion has been closed.