A passing thought from Dave Abbruzzese

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    I do wonder if the day will ever come that he will have a career in music besides dwelling on 3 years that happened nearly 30 years ago.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    How many other musicians make such a big deal out of being kicked out of a band 20+ years later?
    There are likely examples but I don't know any.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • How many other musicians make such a big deal out of being kicked out of a band 20+ years later?
    Pushing 30 now, but who's counting?  
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    How many other musicians make such a big deal out of being kicked out of a band 20+ years later?
    Noted birther & Sandy Hook denier Dave Mustaine, sadly.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Diamond Dave
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited September 2021
    mrk2 said:
    I do wonder if the day will ever come that he will have a career in music besides dwelling on 3 years that happened nearly 30 years ago.
    Would he tour Finland in this wondering you are doing?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Too bad Dave missed Greenville. 

It was excellent.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789
    come on dave...give me a break.......hey hey hey....one break ......coming up

Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Pushing 30 now, but who's counting?  

Ha!

Go Animal said:
    Noted birther & Sandy Hook denier Dave Mustaine, sadly.

Does he still go on about Metallica?  Even with all of the success he made for himself?
    That is unfortunate.  I did not realize.

Diamond Dave

Ahh, that should have been an obvious one for me to think of.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    RRHOF would have been the opportunity to punch out a song. That time has passed.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    No matter which way this situation goes I really don’t care much any more :lol:
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    Dave Mustaine? lol.

In all fairness, iightning doesn't usually strike twice.  Pearl Jam was one of the biggest bands on the plan, and Dave played during the time the were the most popular.  I have to imagine it would be quite the jolt to going from being on top, to nothing....

it would be nice to see the band and Dave A. mend that fence one day.
  • RRHOF would have been the opportunity to punch out a song. That time has passed.
    I agree. If it couldn’t happen then, it never will. I feel for him. It would be different in my eyes if another member was booted as well (can you imagine). That way he wouldn't be the only black sheep in the history of PJ. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    Stephen Adler?
    Kearnsy
  • Getting kicked out of a band is one thing.  Getting kicked out of a business that would never have you worry about money ever again is a different story.  

I don’t think that tweet is bad.  He wants to play a show with his old band.  Not unusual.
  • Ron McGouvny still feeds off the Metallica name.
    Phil Anselmo still sings Pantera songs.
    Most 80's bands are still living off what they did years ago so what's the difference?
    edited September 2021
    A PASSING THOUGHT ARRIVES LIKE A BUTTERFLYYYY
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,603
    andrew68 said:
    come on dave...give me a break.......hey hey hey....one break ......coming up

I want some too.
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    I was listening to the Stone Gossard takeover weekend on Sirius XM during a long road trip in an RV. He actually talked a lot about Dave A, almost like they regret not giving him his due. He talked in depth about him writing the song Go and finished with "Dave, wherever you are out there, we miss you."

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    One song… maybe.  A whole album? I don’t see that ever happening. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legs said:
    One song… maybe.  A whole album? I don’t see that ever happening. 
    No one does.
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
    Did Scott the Engineer get kicked out of the Losers and then complain after?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    kaw753 said:
    I was listening to the Stone Gossard takeover weekend on Sirius XM during a long road trip in an RV. He actually talked a lot about Dave A, almost like they regret not giving him his due. He talked in depth about him writing the song Go and finished with "Dave, wherever you are out there, we miss you."

stone and mike seem to be the warmest to him. stone especially, from the get go, accepting the grammy and thanking dave, immediate death glare from ed. that was priceless. 

hash this out over waffles, guys, git er done. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Getting kicked out of a band is one thing.  Getting kicked out of a business that would never have you worry about money ever again is a different story.  

I don’t think that tweet is bad.  He wants to play a show with his old band.  Not unusual.
    yeah, I don't get the judgment dave gets constantly from this fan base of "move on". would you move on if basically millions of dollars were kind of snatched away from you in an instant? this isn't pining over an ex girlfriend. as you said, it's also the business side of it. missing out on touring the world, seeing exotic locations, playing in front of thousands of people every night. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

kaw753 said:

stone and mike seem to be the warmest to him. stone especially, from the get go, accepting the grammy and thanking dave, immediate death glare from ed. that was priceless. 

Ed should just invite the guy for one song.  One song and then it’s over and done.  By ignoring Dave he lets him continue to be pain in the ass on social media.  Just give the guy his moment and then everyone can move on.  If Dave complains after that then he’s the bad guy.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    RRHOF would have been the opportunity to punch out a song. That time has passed.
    I agree. If it couldn’t happen then, it never will. I feel for him. It would be different in my eyes if another member was booted as well (can you imagine). That way he wouldn't be the only black sheep in the history of PJ. 

Dave is, unfortunately, already not the only black sheep in PJ's history:

edited September 2021
    on2legs said:

By ignoring Dave he lets him continue to be pain in the ass on social media.  
    I am not able to picture how someone would be invested in such a way to feel that he would be "a pain in the ass on social media".

Or are you talking about Eddie feeling that way? I'd wager he doesn't follow Dave A on SoMe.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    on2legs said:
    kaw753 said:

Ed should just invite the guy for one song.  One song and then it’s over and done.  By ignoring Dave he lets him continue to be pain in the ass on social media.  Just give the guy his moment and then everyone can move on.  If Dave complains after that then he’s the bad guy.  
    I doubt ed is even aware of anything dave says in the media, social or MSM. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

on2legs said:
    kaw753 said:

I doubt ed is even aware of anything dave says in the media, social or MSM. 
    That’s possible but I’m pretty sure Ed has people who give him info.  Sort of like everyone was speculating that Bruce, Billy Joel and a hundred other people were going to be at the final spectrum show and Ed talked about it that night at the show.  Or when he picks up on special song requests made here and talks about it at a show.  I don’t think Ed is stalking the internet but I do think he has people who give him a heads up.  

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    It's so weird to think dave drummed on vitalogy since he wasn't around for the album tour.  I'd like to see him drum on immorality i.e. boston 94
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......