Options

Unvaccinated?

joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,206
Just want to know how many of you there are,and why you choose not to be? It seems that this topic has been politicized,I believe in freedom of choice myself,just curious as to others thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,700
    Don’t expect “discussion” here. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,669
    joseph33 said:
    Just want to know how many of you there are,and why you choose not to be? It seems that this topic has been politicized,I believe in freedom of choice myself,just curious as to others thoughts.

That sounds like a vaccination-as-politicized-topic statement.  Yes?
    I don't think this will gain much traction either way.  I will be surprised if you get many, if any, "Yeah, I'm unvaccinated" responses here. Maybe try the Marjorie Taylor Greene fan club site?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    joseph33 said:

I don't think this will gain much traction either way.  I will be surprised if you get many, if any, "Yeah, I'm unvaccinated" responses here. Maybe try the Marjorie Taylor Greene fan club site?
    This is untrue. I know plenty of liberals who aren’t vaccinated. People of color, trans gender etc…. That’s nonsense honestly. Those are just the only unvaccinated demographic this site focuses on. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    brianlux said:
    joseph33 said:

About 50% of the unvaxxed I know are anything but Trumpers or mtg acolytes.   However if the trend of vilifying them as if they are continues I would not be surprised if they go to the only group offering them open arms.  But by all means let’s shame them and find out.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,790
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    joseph33 said:

About 50% of the unvaxxed I know are anything but Trumpers or mtg acolytes.   However if the trend of vilifying them as if they are continues I would not be surprised if they go to the only group offering them open arms.  But by all means let’s shame them and find out.
    If just a little shaming pushes anti-vaxxers towards trump... they were headed there eventually anyways.  
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    brianlux said:
    joseph33 said:

This is untrue. I know plenty of liberals who aren’t vaccinated. People of color, trans gender etc…. That’s nonsense honestly. Those are just the only unvaccinated demographic this site focuses on. 

static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    joseph33 said:

Its not my experience that liberals are just as apt to be anti-vax as conservative, but you may both be right-  I don't have the data at hand.  But I do know this- far more people die of COVID who are not vaccinated and, from what I've seen and heard, the most loudly vocal anti-vax people are MTG, Trump and the like fans.  That's my experience.  I'm open to be proven wrong.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,151
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    joseph33 said:

they can go where they want. i do not give a shit at this point. they can all take their chances as far as i am concerned.

i have stated several times that the unvaccinated are killing my business. so if they want to gamble with their lives i will shed no tears. i am out of empathy for the unvaccinated at this point.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    brianlux said:
    joseph33 said:

well. then they are not liberals.

small d democrats maybe, but certainly not liberals.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    I said this in another thread, but we know a woman who is religious and right wing and knowing she was unvaccinated and had tested positive for COVID, rode with her mother in a closed automobile and gave her elderly mother, who is also anti-vax, COVID. 
    Yeah, so easy to say, "I'm am for freedom of choice".  But here's the thing:  those two people have been around other people we know (not my wife and I!) and who knows how many of them will get COVID.  Yeah, freedom of choice.  Free to fuck over other people's lives.
    Like gimme said, I have lost empathy for these people.  I'm over it with these idiots.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    I said this in another thread, but we know a woman who is religious and right wing and knowing she was unvaccinated and had tested positive for COVID, rode with her mother in a closed automobile and gave her elderly mother, who is also anti-vax, COVID. 
    Yeah, so easy to say, "I'm am for freedom of choice".  But here's the thing:  those two people have been around other people we know (not my wife and I!) and who knows how many of them will get COVID.  Yeah, freedom of choice.  Free to fuck over other people's lives.
    Like gimme said, I have lost empathy for these people.  I'm over it with these idiots.
    i hope you and your wife are staying safe Brian.

those people are dangerous. those are the ones that believe "god will take care of me". yeah, god will let you die of a preventable virus and then you will be dead. dead and gone. a horribly painful suffocating death. you will be dead, and forgotten by everyone you knew in 40 years because they will be dead too.

i have told people that if they are unvaccinated i do not want to be around them and i do not want to even know them anymore.

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    brianlux said:
    joseph33 said:

well. then they are not liberals.

small d democrats maybe, but certainly not liberals.
    Yea. Just like if you don’t vote for Biden , then “you ain’t black”. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited September 2021
    there was a survey that found the most likely demographic (in ontario I think?) to be unvaxxed/anti-vaxx were liberal women. 

https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/columnists/corbella-the-vaccine-hesitant-are-typically-40-something-women-in-ontario-who-tend-to-vote-liberal
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    there was a survey that found the most likely demographic (in ontario I think?) to be unvaxxed/anti-vaxx were white liberal women. 
    Yea the generalization is harmful and just untrue. Claiming that one side is politicizing the vaccine, then saying you’re not a liberal
    if your unvaccinated is hypocritical 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    this survey is from 2015: 60 percent of anti vaxxers in the US identify as liberal. 

https://qz.com/355398/the-average-anti-vaxxer-is-probably-not-who-you-think-she-is/
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    there was a survey that found the most likely demographic (in ontario I think?) to be unvaxxed/anti-vaxx were white liberal women. 
    Yea the generalization is harmful and just untrue. Claiming that one side is politicizing the vaccine, then saying you’re not a liberal
    liberal- 
    1. 1.
      a supporter of policies that are socially progressive and promote social welfare.

if these friends of yours do not promote the social welfare by getting a vaccine to protect those around them, then they are not a liberal as defined in the dictionary.

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    liberal- 
    1. 1.
      a supporter of policies that are socially progressive and promote social welfare.

if these friends of yours do not promote the social welfare by getting a vaccine to protect those around them, then they are not a liberal as defined in the dictionary.
    So what do you call a conservative who is vaccinated? 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    liberal- 
    1. 1.

intelligent.

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    liberal- 
    1. 1.

intelligent.
    Ha. Got me there. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    liberal- 
    1. 1.

also respectable.

it takes courage to be a conservative and do something for someone else when you stand to gain nothing from it.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    i hope you and your wife are staying safe Brian.

those people are dangerous. those are the ones that believe "god will take care of me". yeah, god will let you die of a preventable virus and then you will be dead. dead and gone. a horribly painful suffocating death. you will be dead, and forgotten by everyone you knew in 40 years because they will be dead too.

i have told people that if they are unvaccinated i do not want to be around them and i do not want to even know them anymore.

Doing well, my friend, thanks!

And thankfully my family member who lives near these other extended family anti-vax members is safe.  I can't stand the thought of her catching this terrible disease- especially from some anti-vax fools.

• Options
    Wonder how many anti vaccination people are also against abortion. Stop asking why they don’t want the vaccine because here’s the answer, they’re assholes.  I said a month or more ago that I was done with them.   The vaccine is proven safe and saves lives.  The answer is “they’re fucking assholes” and the question would be “who are the unvaccinated” if this was a game show.  
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    edited September 2021
    brianlux said:
    Brian, some people are difficult to understand and they don't give a sh*t about their fellow human bings. 
    Post edited by stuckinline on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,946
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    joseph33 said:

Yeah right... They will become trumpsters because smart people advise them to get vaccinated 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    See, OP? The “discussion” abounds 🤠
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    See, OP? The “discussion” abounds 🤠
    you told them in the very first reply :lol:

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,991
    nicknyr15 said:
    liberal- 
    1. 1.

I would think you need to look at more than just 1 (newer) issue to make that judgement.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,401
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    joseph33 said:

All the anti-vax people I know don’t vote.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,111
    nicknyr15 said:

It’s not a generalization. The solidly Republican states have vaccination rates about 20% lower than the solidly democratic states.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    this survey is from 2015: 60 percent of anti vaxxers in the US identify as liberal. 

https://qz.com/355398/the-average-anti-vaxxer-is-probably-not-who-you-think-she-is/
    Sure, being anti-vaccination always used to be associated either with being “hippy” or with some fringe religious groups. It never really used to be a conservative thing, until COVID. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf