Options

Vaccine Status

I made the poll anonymous so nobody's votes are seen. But I am curious to see what the consensus around here is. 
2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

Vaccine Status 64 votes

I am not vaccinated, I won't get vaccinated, I won't wear a mask
3% 2 votes
I am not vaccinated, I might get vaccinated, I wear my mask when around people
0% 0 votes
I am vaccinated, and I wear my mask when around people
51% 33 votes
I am vaccinated, and I only wear my mask when mandated to (in hospitals, nursing homes, etc.)
45% 29 votes

Comments

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    flagging for HIPPA violation
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,749
    edited August 2021
    CM189191 said:
    K

It's HIPAA by the way. Not HIPPA. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,767
    Vaccinated and wearing a mask when around people I don't know.  I don't get out much these days, but everybody I know well is vaccinated.  
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,294
    Vaccinated and masking (again) indoors, because we are in a high-transmission area. I don't mask outdoors.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    vaccinated and masking indoors. i work in hospitals and surgery centers so it is basically a habit at this point.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,943
    I am vaccinated and masking indoors on a case by case basis. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,646
    Fully vaccinated and happy to wear my mask everywhere.  My main concern is not exposing my young kids to this virus.  
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Fully vaccinated - wear a mask when out at the grocery story or other places. At work if I walk outside my office.  Don't wear one outside but I am never in a large group , also my small group of family / friends whom are vaccinated and don't do silly things I wear no mask around.
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    CM189191 said:

please be a sarcastic joke.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517
    JimmyV said:
    I am vaccinated and masking indoors on a case by case basis. 
    Same. 

Despite being in a pretty highly vaxxed area, we're back to masks at work as one co-worker has surgery next month and the few unvaccinated people here were being bitches about it, so now we're all wearing them. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,839
    Fully vaccinated and masking only when asked or when close proximity to someone for a decent length of time. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,839
    Fully vaccinated and I wear my mask indoors but not outside. I would wear it outside if in a crowd but I haven't been in that situation yet. 

Recently our health authority gave the okay for fully vaccinated staff to not wear masks, except in acute care settings; so far I'm still wearing my mask in all settings at work because cases are rising again. I'll probably be masked up at work for quite some time. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Vaccinated and mask mandates for indoors are still in effect.

I will be getting the booster or annual shot.  I’m not messing around with disease 🦠.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    I actually like wearing a mask in the store....I hate running into clients at the grocery.  Avoiding small talk and keeping my buying habits discreet is very important to this introvert.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    edited August 2021

Vaccinated: I wear a mask in stores, at work, etc. I don't mask outdoors.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,981

Vaccinated: I wear a mask in stores, at work, etc. I don't mask outdoors.
    Same here!!

• Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,422
    Vaccinated and wearing a mask in indoor public settings.

I am becoming increasingly concerned with the stigmatization of the unvaccinated though, and I’m genuinely concerned for when they’ll be considered full humans again.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,767
    Vaccinated and wearing a mask in indoor public settings.

I am becoming increasingly concerned with the stigmatization of the unvaccinated though, and I’m genuinely concerned for when they’ll be considered full humans again.

If anyone says the unvaccinated are not full humans, they are exaggerating.  What unvaccinated people are though, are people who are more likely to spread the virus.  That's reality and they need to deal with it.
    And add to that, the ones who are most vocal and make a big stink about not wanting to get vaccinated, they are basically seeking attention.  Maybe that want that, maybe they don't.  But if they insist on bringing attention to themselves, they surely have  expect some of it to be negative attention.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,522
    Wife and I double vaccinated, we are back to wearing a mask inside businesses but not outside. When the CDC said vaccinated people didn’t need to wear masks indoors we stopped, but when they changed their recommendation we started wearing them inside again. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    My cousin and her daughter are fully vaxxed, mask up when around others etc., and both have just been infected.

My cousin sounds awful; not sure if her having cancer has any bearing on its severity.

Either way, it sucks. 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,687
    I'm sorry about your cousin, Hedonist, and wish them a speedy recovery! 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,925
    Vaxxed and masked only when required.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Thanks, fish!

Gruffy, me too. 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,687
    edited August 2021
    There are two things in this world that smell like fish  =)

And Ditto, you two, for thread integrity.

Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,634
    Vaxxed, wear a mask at all times if mandated.

If the mask is optional, I don’t wear one, but I’m more than happy to put one on if ever asked by someone or somewhere
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    Vaccinated.  Building where I live back to masks in all common areas, and office just reinstated masks at all times.  Bus/subway never removed their mask mandates. I wear a mask in any store I go into, and put it on if I’m walking on crowed streets.  
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Full vaccinated here. I wear a mask in stores or crowded situations. I usually have a fresh one in my pocket.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,856
    fully vaxxed. went to run errands last night, forgetting that our mask mandate was dropped. wore it in the stores anyway out of respect for those working there, who are all still masked. I really don't mind at this point. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,522
    I went to the store last night and was surprised at how many people were wearing them. Still not enough of them, but more than in recent weeks. The fact that our rural county is seeing more active cases and hospitalizations daily might have something to do with it. I have always believed that the people in my area won't take this virus (including masking and vaccinations) seriously until a large number of locals were sick, hospitalized and dying. They are still fighting the mask mandate for schools that the State Health Department and State Education Board are requiring.
  • Options
    I see people out walking — no one else around but me across the street or a good distance away — wearing masks. I don’t see the need but if they feel they do, it’s none of my business.

(too bad most can’t mind their own damn business in general, but that’s another issue for another time)

tish, apologies! I blame the phone and my eyesight ;)