Options

so what is the deal with Josh Klinghoffer?

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
edited September 2021 in The Porch
So Ament (yes edit Aments Army on FNB/Twitter) posted something from Johnathan Cohen about Josh being an official touring member....is he in the band, just a guest?  Any one know his role?  One time thing?  Ed said he had some role on Giga at the show-  so all my smarks, was da scoop?
Post edited by hrd2imgn on

Comments

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    Ed said at the show that he “has been helping fill in the bases” or something along those lines

Almost sounding like he will be touring more regularly.  I noticed a few songs where he seemed to be “helping” Eddie 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,177
    Wondering the same. Why do we suddenly need a bass fill? Just more sound?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,406
    hrd2imgn said:
    So Ament posted something from Johnathan Cohen about Josh being an official touring member....is he in the band, just a guest?  Any one know his role?  One time thing?  Ed said he had some role on Giga at the show-  some all my smarks, was da scoop?
    Jeff didn't. Jeff Ament's Army did. It was a tweet from Jonathan Cohen
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Eddie didn't play his part on Superblood Wolfmoon. So I'm guessing Josh did. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,542
    Maybe they could break Ed's Long Way?
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Eddie didn't play his part on Superblood Wolfmoon. So I'm guessing Josh did. 
    Too many lyrics to remember on Gigaton.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Bases. I think because Gigaton has probably other parts the guys are not able to play while on their instruments
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Bases. I think because Gigaton has probably other parts the guys are not able to play while on their instruments
    Ok fair!
  • Options
    bjmjplbjmjpl Posts: 134
    edited September 2021
    And sing? ... Who was doing the other vocals on DoC, I was at the show but couldn't tell... I'm guessing not boom who I didn't see once on any screen lol 
  • Options
    bjmjpl said:
    And sing? ... Who was doing the other vocals on DoC, I was at the show but couldn't tell... I'm guessing not boom who I didn't see once on any screen lol 
    I think Ed used a loop machine. Or maybe Josh was like in the All In Washington Dance of the Clairvoyants performance 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    bjmjpl said:
    Eddie was using a loop pedal. 
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,222
    edited September 2021
    Boom wasn't there. He didn't have his organ on stage at least and never saw him. Wonder if he is just sitting out due to health concerns? I liked what Josh was doing. Change of pace from what boom does but would be too much if boom was there
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Boom wasn't there. He didn't have his organ on stage at least and never saw him. Wonder if he is just sitting out due to health concerns? I liked what Josh was doing. Change of pace from what boom does but would be too much if boom was there
    Boom was there. I saw him towards the end of the set. His organ was behind Stone.

Edit: here he is

Post edited by OceansJenny on
  • Options
    You can see Josh here
    https://youtu.be/R6FSY8wpsj4
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    DotC vocal was Eddie loops. Klinghoffer did background on Take The Long Way.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,018
    edited September 2021
    Im guessing he is gonna open up the shows and then also be used like Melissa in GnR, beefing up the vocals and instrumentals on the Gigaton tracks.

EDIT: Like Eddie said
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,222
    Boom was there. I saw him towards the end of the set. His organ was behind Stone.

Edit: here he is

Oh wow. I kept looking at Ed's machine and didn't see him on the other side. Good shot
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    What39s the deal - Jerry Seinfeld  Meme Generator
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    He was hidden away in the back until RITFW, when he came out and played guitar in the corner behind Mike. Toward the end of the song I saw Mike try to push him further out onto the stage but it seemed like he didn’t want to.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Josh is an incredible all around musician. Glad they have him helping out. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,787
    Josh is an incredible all around musician. Glad they have him helping out. 
    Yes! Most bands have a multi instrumentalist now a days on stage. Plus the dude filled in for Frusciante , who is not only an incredible guitarist but an awesome singer and provides great backing vocals. So his vocals will definitely help fill those high parts 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Dude plays drums and paints too. I mean, there’s so much that fits here! Now I’m just hoping I can still use my St.Louis tickets and see him IRL! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    and paints too. 

Hehe. Anyone can paint though :)

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    and paints too. 

Oh you paint? ;)
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    and paints too. 

Oh you paint? ;)

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    JPPJ84 said:
    and paints too. 

Oh you paint? ;)

If I remember correctly I already congratulated you on that masterpiece :lol:
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,018
    edited September 2021
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    and paints too. 

Oh you paint? ;)

If I remember correctly I already congratulated you on that masterpiece :lol:
    Lucky you being german. You won't spot all of my 8 year old's spelling mistakes.

AS BIG AS AT THE OCEAN
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Josh's band (Pluralone) is playing Ohana Oct 1st...

It's interesting to see for sure but I get it.  Lots of stuff going on and it lets Eddie focus on vocals and worry less about the guitar parts.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited September 2021
    Josh being onstage is only a plus.  

Dude’s an incredible musician and a really good singer.  I’ve seen bands like Metallica, GNR, Nirvana, No Doubt,  etc all add that extra guy behind the amp or onstage.  Whatever makes the songs sound awesome.