Options

Josh K. in the Wild

BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,614
Last night, I stopped in to grab a quick bite at a local establishment in the L.A. area, when I noticed a very familiar figure seated a few seats away from me at the counter. It was Josh. I don't usually bother celebrities when I encounter them in the wild, especially when they are with other people (and he was with someone), but this was obviously going to have to be an exception. We ended up chatting for close to fifteen minutes. He could not have been more friendly or welcoming. Out of respect for his and the band's privacy, I don't want to get into details about anything that we talked about (or where I ran into him), but I will say that he did tell me that he plays on the new album a little bit.

I let him be, went back to my seat and ate my food. When I asked for the check, the server told me that someone had already picked it up.
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

Comments

• Options
    Love to hear it! Very cool.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,257
    What a guy
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 675
    Very cool! Can’t wait to hear it!!
    Paul D.
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    What a cool thing to happen to you!!
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,982
    Sweet!
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,579
    That's pretty cool, thanks for sharing. Wonder if it's percussion on the album like he was usually doing at the live shows. 
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,994
    Well that’s pretty cool! Nice to hear Josh getting a look in on the new album. Maybe doing some
    keys and or percussion!? I’d love to know more!!! 😉
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,170
    Cool story
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    RIP to your DM inbox 
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,453
    Classy guy :clap:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 644
    BF25394 said:
    Last night, I stopped in to grab a quick bite at a local establishment in the L.A. area, when I noticed a very familiar figure seated a few seats away from me at the counter. It was Josh. I don't usually bother celebrities when I encounter them in the wild, especially when they are with other people (and he was with someone), but this was obviously going to have to be an exception. We ended up chatting for close to fifteen minutes. He could not have been more friendly or welcoming. Out of respect for his and the band's privacy, I don't want to get into details about anything that we talked about (or where I ran into him), but I will say that he did tell me that he plays on the new album a little bit.

I let him be, went back to my seat and ate my food. When I asked for the check, the server told me that someone had already picked it up.
    Awesome just a class act.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,389
    nice
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,994
    I’ll pay the next restaurant bill if you spill the beans! 😉
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03