psst...8/10/2021

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Love the band, the music, the shows, the community...but the business increasingly leaves a bad taste. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

Touché 
  • DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278

Can't wait for the PJ coffins!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,779
    edited August 2021
    $35 shipping here to NY for the two puzzles and the pins.  I could see that if it was priority shipping 2-3 day delivery. This is definitely not USPS so they must be using a more expensive provider. They could have flat rate shipping for each item based on the zip code.
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076

Can't wait for the PJ coffins!
    The Misfits and Metallica did Coffin Box sets already!
    Seems like UPS mail innovations is an enhanced service and probably the reason for the higher costs. Can you imagine the shipping headaches they have endured over the years?  I am guessing the higher prices mean less headaches and better service. Pure speculation though.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,244
    goldrush said:
    2 puzzles and 1 set of pins = $70
    Postage to Australia = $91.49
    Taxes = $7
    Total = $168.49

I can’t remember the last time I emptied a shopping cart that fast
    Mine was only 1 puzzle = $30
    shipping $14.50 

And i can't remember emptying a shopping cart faster too.  $45 for a fucking 500 piece puzzle?  Come on.
  • brewdog123brewdog123 Posts: 649
    Get_Right said:
    Seems like UPS mail innovations is an enhanced service and probably the reason for the higher costs. Can you imagine the shipping headaches they have endured over the years?  I am guessing the higher prices mean less headaches and better service. Pure speculation though.
    isnt this the service that uses UPS and USPS to finish it off?
    Atlanta, GA 8/7/00...Atlanta, GA 4/19/03...Columbia, SC 6/16/08...New Orleans, LA 5/1/10...East Troy, WI 9/3/11... East Troy, WI 9/4/11... Atlanta, GA 9/22/12...Greenville, SC 4/16/16...Nashville, TN 9/16/22

• Can't wait for the PJ coffins!

:lol:
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

Get_Right said:
    Not really sure TBH.  Just seems like it is marketed as an elevated service offering.
  • AW124797AW124797 Posts: 665
    Get_Right said:
    Pure speculation is right. UPS Mail Innovations is by far the worst service I came across. 
  • AW124797AW124797 Posts: 665
    Get_Right said:
    Correct.
    AW124797 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Correct.
    service is pure, unadulterated trash
    Atlanta, GA 8/7/00...Atlanta, GA 4/19/03...Columbia, SC 6/16/08...New Orleans, LA 5/1/10...East Troy, WI 9/3/11... East Troy, WI 9/4/11... Atlanta, GA 9/22/12...Greenville, SC 4/16/16...Nashville, TN 9/16/22
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178
    goldrush said:
    demetrios said:
    To ship both puzzles to Canada it was $50.80. I wanted the buttons too so the total was

All are shipped separately, with tracking, to Canada.
    4lb shipping weight per puzzle box, and the rise in shipping cost.
    I can't complain with the price. 

You can. And you should.

Using https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/information/app/far/business/findARate .. To ship from Canada to the USA, I estimated $26 CDN to ship one puzzle to Washington with tracking via Canada Post. 4lb Parcel. 10club is charging me $25 US to ship Canada. Not a whole lot I can argue about.
    The point is, they shouldn’t be mailing things out one at a time, this is how they are screwing us
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    edited August 2021
    Finally on board with the shipping nonsense... $16.99 in pins and a sticker, almost $13 to ship.  NY here.  

God granted me the serenity to accept that I couldn't change it, then made me strong and changed what I could.... by not buying anything!! :0)

Last comment:  after all these years... "Don't you think you've had enough"?  Gimme my singles, reschedule the Garden, and I'm retiring.
    Post edited by starmap3333 on
  • I balked at the shipping at check out, too. Any chance the high shipping includes a carbon emission offset. I dont see why they wouldn’t advertise that, but it would maybe make it easier to swallow… maybe?
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    If only I could have resisted temptations for all the posters, puzzles, funkos and shipping charges, I could have had enough to buy that McCready $15K fender strat .... at least I have a closet full of cardboard boxes instead.  and maybe that hoarders show will come back and I can be a star.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    demetrios said:
    The buttons are pretty cool.

backspacer should have been a turtle
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    edited August 2021
    demetrios said:

I love the button pack... I'm not paying 1.6x the price to get 'em though.  We aren't talking about a start up band trying to raise money here, right?  It's insulting at this point.  I'm retired from merch-ing.  I played around... $13 to ship two button packs and a sticker.... $23 to ship 20 button packs!!  ahahahahhaha. 
    Post edited by starmap3333 on
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    edited August 2021
    I ship heavy containers full of potentially contaminated dirt for analysis at a much cheaper rate than this
    demetrios said:

I love the button pack... I'm not paying 1.6x the price to get 'em though.  We aren't talking about a start up band trying to raise money here, right?  It's insulting at this point.  I'm retired from merch-ing.  I played around... $13 to ship two button packs and a sticker.... $23 to ship 20 button packs!!  ahahahahhaha. 
    I had the button pack in my cart. I actually like buttons for my soft shell guitar cases. Americans are complaining about the shipping...imagine being in canada AND THEN having to convert that to Canadian dollars! it's borderline criminal. 

www.headstonesband.com

JimmyV said:
    Love the band, the music, the shows, the community...but the business increasingly leaves a bad taste. 
    the thing is, I doubt very highly this is band-driven, which is why it doesn't leave a bad taste in my mouth. the "holding back limited items to flip on the secondary market" leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but this? this isn't like Ed is convincing Stone how much money they can make off buttons and puzzles, like I imagine Gene does with Paul. LOL

www.headstonesband.com

edited August 2021
    JimmyV said:
    the thing is, I doubt very highly this is band-driven, which is why it doesn't leave a bad taste in my mouth. the "holding back limited items to flip on the secondary market" leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but this? this isn't like Ed is convincing Stone how much money they can make off buttons and puzzles, like I imagine Gene does with Paul. LOL
    You misunderstand my point. I don't think this is band driven either, other than maybe some level of involvement in setting an overall $ goal for merch sales each year. 10c is the business, and watching the way @Rubysdad allows it to be run does leave a bad taste. This is just the latest episode and over time they have become a small business I don't really want to support. 
    Post edited by JimmyV on

JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    You misunderstand my point. I don't think this is band driven either, other than maybe some level of involvement in setting an overall $ goal for merch sales each year. 10c is the business, and watching the way @Rubysdad allows it to be run does leave a bad taste. This is just the latest episode and over time they have become a small business I don't really want to support. 
    I don't think I misunderstood your point, I just don't get why it would leave a bad taste if you know/believe the band has little to do with it?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they also do this to support the bottom line of the salaries and benefits of their staff. I mean, they resisted the merch scene for so long; people were constantly demanding new this and new that; they were leaving potentially millions on the table. so why not give the people who want it what they want?

the only thing that bugs me, as I said, is the limited shit. stop releasing items in a limited capacity and screwing over those who don't live here. 

www.headstonesband.com

JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    I don't think I misunderstood your point, I just don't get why it would leave a bad taste if you know/believe the band has little to do with it?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they also do this to support the bottom line of the salaries and benefits of their staff. I mean, they resisted the merch scene for so long; people were constantly demanding new this and new that; they were leaving potentially millions on the table. so why not give the people who want it what they want?

the only thing that bugs me, as I said, is the limited shit. stop releasing items in a limited capacity and screwing over those who don't live here. 
    We can be bothered by different things. That I don't blame the band doesn't mean I can't be disappointed in the business and business practices. Every "customer" of this business is someone who loves this band, so 10c shouldn't be gouging them on shipping, overselling the Vault 10 vinyl and then making people chase them for refunds, treating questions about long overdue singles with contempt, etc. If that stuff doesn't bother you, fine. It does bother me. 

JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

We can be bothered by different things. That I don't blame the band doesn't mean I can't be disappointed in the business and business practices. Every "customer" of this business is someone who loves this band, so 10c shouldn't be gouging them on shipping, overselling the Vault 10 vinyl and then making people chase them for refunds, treating questions about long overdue singles with contempt, etc. If that stuff doesn't bother you, fine. It does bother me. 
    yes, I realized after I posted my reply that it was a touch hypocritical of me to say you shouldn't be bothered by that, yet I can be bothered by limited items. I get your point now, and the fact I did actually miss it. LOL

www.headstonesband.com

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,086
    edited August 2021
    Maybe it is time for the band to take back control of their brand then?

Like the King in the second Lord of the Rings movies. Throw Chucky out of there and him looking through KISS webshop to find ideas for what to slap Pearl Jams name on. 

The merch is starting to come off more and more as lazy as "get your company logo on pens, post-it notes and candywrappers to really stand out at the next tradeshow" stuff. Looking through a catalouge and just picking out generic things at random lazy.

Just an idea, if the brand of the band at present is not band driven.

I don't really care -- but -- the artifical scarcity bullshit of limited items is fan-unfriendly and the business model of "let's keep some fans shutout just because" is ethcially awful. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"