psst...8/10/2021

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    they seem to be following the same model as most bands with their merch; scarves, toques, puzzles, every big hand has those out because there is demand. you'd be stupid to leave that money on the table. pearl jam only gets accused of being hypocritical because 90's ed never would have allowed it. 2021 ed is much smarter. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    Love the band, the music, the shows, the community...but the business increasingly leaves a bad taste. 
    the thing is, I doubt very highly this is band-driven, which is why it doesn't leave a bad taste in my mouth. the "holding back limited items to flip on the secondary market" leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but this? this isn't like Ed is convincing Stone how much money they can make off buttons and puzzles, like I imagine Gene does with Paul. LOL
    You misunderstand my point. I don't think this is band driven either, other than maybe some level of involvement in setting an overall $ goal for merch sales each year. 10c is the business, and watching the way @Rubysdad allows it to be run does leave a bad taste. This is just the latest episode and over time they have become a small business I don't really want to support. 
    I don't think I misunderstood your point, I just don't get why it would leave a bad taste if you know/believe the band has little to do with it?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they also do this to support the bottom line of the salaries and benefits of their staff. I mean, they resisted the merch scene for so long; people were constantly demanding new this and new that; they were leaving potentially millions on the table. so why not give the people who want it what they want?

the only thing that bugs me, as I said, is the limited shit. stop releasing items in a limited capacity and screwing over those who don't live here. 
    We can be bothered by different things. That I don't blame the band doesn't mean I can't be disappointed in the business and business practices. Every "customer" of this business is someone who loves this band, so 10c shouldn't be gouging them on shipping, overselling the Vault 10 vinyl and then making people chase them for refunds, treating questions about long overdue singles with contempt, etc. If that stuff doesn't bother you, fine. It does bother me. 
    yes, I realized after I posted my reply that it was a touch hypocritical of me to say you shouldn't be bothered by that, yet I can be bothered by limited items. I get your point now, and the fact I did actually miss it. LOL
    We used to have a good thumbs-up emoji but either it's gone or I have forgotten how to insert it. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,085
    edited August 2021
    they seem to be following the same model as most bands with their merch; scarves, toques, puzzles, every big hand has those out because there is demand. you'd be stupid to leave that money on the table. pearl jam only gets accused of being hypocritical because 90's ed never would have allowed it. 2021 ed is much smarter. 
    You'd be stupid as a producer to not make a sequal to Terminator 2. Whatever Eddie might have thought about that in the 90s. That doesn't mean you have to make Terminator: Genisys.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,203
    edited August 2021

• HOW DO THESE T-800s EVEN LOOK!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I just got free shipping on a gallon of fabric softener, which I want to think is more in volume and weight than a puzzle. I guess that is what growing up is like. I wonder what my teenage self in the Ticketmaster days would have to say about this. 
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,867
    I just got free shipping on a gallon of fabric softener, which I want to think is more in volume and weight than a puzzle. I guess that is what growing up is like. I wonder what my teenage self in the Ticketmaster days would have to say about this. 
    What company was the fabric softener from? A multibillion valued Corp that can easily eat the cost of shipping?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    Stepping back a d looking at this, the shipping rate to the U.K. at $38.75 per jigsaw makes no sense. I checked my order from February and the cost for the marucci bat was only $30.99 despite being a much larger and heavier item. How can the bat cost lower? 
  • drfox said:
    Stepping back a d looking at this, the shipping rate to the U.K. at $38.75 per jigsaw makes no sense. I checked my order from February and the cost for the marucci bat was only $30.99 despite being a much larger and heavier item. How can the bat cost lower? 
    What company was the bat from? A multibillion valued Corp that can easily eat the cost of shipping?
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    drfox said:
    What company was the bat from? A multibillion valued Corp that can easily eat the cost of shipping?
    Was shipped from the 10C?
    Kearnsy
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Kearn5y said:
    drfox said:
    Was shipped from the 10C?
    Yup. The manufacturer sent to 10c & 10c shipped them out.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    demetrios said:
    I feel like the pink in the ten puzzle could be torturous lol
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    What's with this new trend of adults liking puzzles? I find that strange. 

www.headstonesband.com

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,445
    When did adults stop liking puzzles? I thought kids were the ones that didn’t, no patience. 

They are fun. I like doing them with the tv on in the background. Keeps my hands busy and gets me off my phone. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,085
    When did adults stop liking puzzles? I thought kids were the ones that didn’t, no patience. 

They are fun. I like doing them with the tv on in the background. Keeps my hands busy and gets me off my phone. 
    My kids started on some last year, and I would help....then I would get addicted and take over and finish it when they went to bed. =)

no judgement here, people like what they like. I just always thought puzzles were a kid thing, or an adult thing when helping a kid. 

I bought the fucking funko pops, so I'm not judging anyone. LOL

www.headstonesband.com

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692

no judgement here, people like what they like. I just always thought puzzles were a kid thing, or an adult thing when helping a kid. 

Grown adults also bought Viewmasters, so I wouldn't be too hard on yourself.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680

:lol:
    edited August 2021

They just put them in the kid sections at stores haha, i get the confusion
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016

HAHA. true enough. 

www.headstonesband.com

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332

Puzzles are fun? How old are you exactly??? ;)

hippiemom = goodness

Puzzles are fun? How old are you exactly??? ;)

About half as old as a lot of people here :wink:
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Must be where Im from but always just called these jigsaws. Theyre for any age but these are aimed at adults and are a thing because cheap to make and loads of music fans out there. 500 pieces is not enough if aimed at adults. Needs to be1000 to even make that Ten challenging, even then 50% wont ever get opened.
  • What's with this new trend of adults liking puzzles? I find that strange. 

• PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited August 2021
    I’m thinking the next fun items could be PJ jacks, marbles, or dominoes…
    but the shipping would be ridiculous!!! 😜
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,087
    demetrios said:
    It ain’t got shit on the Jeff Tweedy Together At Last puzzle that came with the limited edition vinyl. Easily the hardest puzzle I’ve ever done (I haven’t done a lot of puzzles). 

Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,028
    tdawe said:
    demetrios said:
    It ain’t got shit on the Jeff Tweedy Together At Last puzzle that came with the limited edition vinyl. Easily the hardest puzzle I’ve ever done (I haven’t done a lot of puzzles). 

Imagine doing this one? 

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178
    Hawk123 said:
    tdawe said:
    demetrios said:

Imagine doing this one? 

Intense!

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    looks like the No Code Puzzle is gone