Options

Jan 6 Select Committee

Comments

• Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,678
    To me it's almost akin to a sports team signing a 'great' player with a disgraceful and/or criminal personal life because they value winning more. 

Which ...  while unethical I can at least understand the greed/goal here. 

But with Trump...  it's throwing away everything America as a country has stood for for centuries.  Like the reference may be similar... but we're not talking about winning the Super Bowl or something... this is national pride.. this is law and order.. values, principles, morals....   all the stuff the bible preaches.   It's unfathomable how America has now stooped this low and how blatantly obvious they're doing it. 

Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853
    pjhawks said:
    Parksy said:
    Both Secretaries of State are being asked right away... "Safe to say, you wanted Trump to win in 2020"   Response: "Yes." 

Why? Why? Why? Why?  

All of these people are being shown as 'heroes' for protecting democracy...   why on earth were they rooting for this crook in 2020 after such a burning hot garbage presidency?   This alone is what baffles me.  The man had done nothing to earn anyone's respect before he even announced his candidacy.  He did nothing to earn anyone's respect during his first campaign. He did nothing to earn anyone's respect during his presidency.  What am I missing here?  These guys in particular don't strike me as the dumb, will fall for anything idiots that Trump seems to attract.  So why did they still want him to win in 2020?  What I'm hoping they ask... and I'm not sure if it's just deemed too much of an ask... would they vote for him in 2024?  Ask these people who wanted Trump to win in 2020 if they still want him to win today.  My goodness. 
    It really is baffling.  I know smart educated people who still support Trump.  The people I know don't seem like they are racist or homophobic so it's kind of hard for me to understand. I get they prefer GOP economic policies but can't wrap my mind that semi-intelligent people would support this guy then and can't fathom in any universe people who would still support this guy.  It's actually disheartening to know so much of this country would still support such human garbage that Trump and his family are.  
    I've never believed the "if you support a racist you are a racist" idea. that's lazy. people have their priorities in life and politics, and vote for whomever alligns with those priorities. people are willing to look the other way as long as the offence is only perceived/debatable and not tangible (or they secretly share some of those same sentiments and just aren't overt about it). some only care about the cult of personality. some just want to watch the world burn. 
    I don't subscribe to the idea either, but if you support a racist, then that means racism isn't a deal breaker for you. 
    for sure. some might think that putting conseravtive judges on the court to be of higher importance than worrying about a guy who might say the n word in private.  

or take out a full page ad in the NYT calling for the execution of multiple black men who were later to be found innocent. 

you know. priorities. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Parksy said:
    To me it's almost akin to a sports team signing a 'great' player with a disgraceful and/or criminal personal life because they value winning more. 

But with Trump...  it's throwing away everything America as a country has stood for for centuries.  Like the reference may be similar... but we're not talking about winning the Super Bowl or something... this is national pride.. this is law and order.. values, principles, morals....   all the stuff the bible preaches.   It's unfathomable how America has now stooped this low and how blatantly obvious they're doing it. 

but his supporters believe he is BRINGING BACK what the country stood for for centuries. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,678
    Parksy said:

but his supporters believe he is BRINGING BACK what the country stood for for centuries. 
    Too true. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    Parksy said:

Last week I saw a sign in someone's front yard that said 'Stop Biden's War on America'
  • Options
    that's the grift the right has sold successfully to so many of their supporters. that democrats somehow hate america. it's an absurd idea that someone would spend millions of dollars and years of their lives to ascend to the highest office just to burn it all down. no one man can change that much in a democracy. and the democrats aren't the ones trying to change that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Parksy said:

he is
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,764
    Parksy said:

I would say even more so, what they believe he is bringing them are things that only certain segments of the country hold as important- racism, the freedom to be crude in any situation, acceptance of being hateful toward others who think differently (I would guess when they here the words "love thy neighbor" they are thinking "fuck that"), the right to be armed to the teeth, the right to deny women the right to their own bodies, etc.
    In fact, the more I think about it, I don't really think they know, understand, or even really care about some of the things this country was founded on.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,082
    Yesterday I listened to Shaye Moss' testimony.  I had never heard this story before.  This is what happens when the mob turns on people like Alex Jones did with his group of rabid followers.

How scary and common this is becoming.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited June 2022
    brianlux said:
    Parksy said:

I would say even more so, what they believe he is bringing them are things that only certain segments of the country hold as important- racism, the freedom to be crude in any situation, acceptance of being hateful toward others who think differently (I would guess when they here the words "love thy neighbor" they are thinking "fuck that"), the right to be armed to the teeth, the right to deny women the right to their own bodies, etc.
    In fact, the more I think about it, I don't really think they know, understand, or even really care about some of the things this country was founded on.
    Our nation was founded on white male supremacy, so in at least that aspect, they REALLY DO care about what this country was founded on. "Great again," you see.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,292
    brianlux said:
    Parksy said:

umm, wasn't America founded on war, genocide, and slavery?  Even the constitution was originally written by crusty old white dudes for crusty old white dudes.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,914

gift article

Ginni Thomas responds to 1/6 panel, hearings stretch to July
    By Farnoush Amiri and Mary Clare Jalonick | AP
    June 22, 2022 at 20:23 ET
    WASHINGTON — The House’s Jan. 6 committee plans to continue its public hearings into July as its investigation of the Capitol riot deepens.
    The chairman, Rep. Bennie Thompson, told reporters Wednesday that the committee is receiving “a lot of information” — including new documentary film footage of Donald Trump's final months in office — as its yearlong inquiry intensifies with hearings into the attack on Jan. 6, 2021, and Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election that Democrat Joe Biden won.
    The committee is also working on setting up an interview with Virginia “Ginni” Thomas, the conservative activist and wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, who has responded to the panel's request to appear, the chairman said. She was asked to speak to the committee after disclosures of her communications with Trump's team in the run-up and day of the insurrection at the Capitol.

continues......

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,669
    I believe one of the quotes from DOJ or POOTWH campaign lawyers during testimony that when this guy was advocating for the elector's scheme and being warned against the illegality of it, he was told, "what do you know of campaign and constitutional law? and when he responded that he's worked on campaigns and for corporations he was told, 'how about you shut the fuck up and when we have an oil spill, we'll call you.'" I laughed because you have to imagine these hoighty toity legal minds either in the Oval or on a conference call and they're taking the knives out. POOTWH probably sat back and clapped with glee at the scene of it all.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    if you've got anything still on your phone from that long ago that could incriminate you, you'd have to be completely idiotic. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    if you've got anything still on your phone from that long ago that could incriminate you, you'd have to be completely idiotic. 
    Aren't phones just like any other drive?  The data is still on the phone, but the bytes in which it is allocated may now be used for newer data.  So short of degaussing or actually destroying the drive, it may still be accessible through certain tools.  

Whenever I lose a hard drive and I use Acronis disk tools to retrieve data, I see all sorts of crazy stuff I deleted years ago.  
  • Options
    but what about recent stuff? I doubt that he's been too silent

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    Aren't phones just like any other drive?  The data is still on the phone, but the bytes in which it is allocated may now be used for newer data.  So short of degaussing or actually destroying the drive, it may still be accessible through certain tools.  

Whenever I lose a hard drive and I use Acronis disk tools to retrieve data, I see all sorts of crazy stuff I deleted years ago.  
    If there is one thing I learned from Clinton staffers it's that the best way to destroy a drive is with hammers.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

good to know. that means I might be able to retrieve some old vegas photos from an old phone that I lost during a hard drive crash. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    "Only the best people, folks. Only the best people."
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

good to know. that means I might be able to retrieve some old vegas photos from an old phone that I lost during a hard drive crash. 
    If you are serious, I can give you some software that may work.  You would have to install it and connect the phone to your pc.  It should treat it as a drive.  I'm sure the FBI has FAR more advanced software.  
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

If there is one thing I learned from Clinton staffers it's that the best way to destroy a drive is with hammers.

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Photorec is a pretty awesome utility.  Used to save files a few times.
  • Options
    What a clown car circus the POOTWH Administration was. Some of us knew that that's what it would be back in 2015. That 10,479,716 more 'Muricans voted for POOTWH after all that they should have known after a campaign, 4 years in office and two impeachment trials is why its too late. Much too late.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Matt Getts Off requests a pardon. For January 6th but POOTWH considered blanket pardons for everyone. Why?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    So, does Matt Getts Off and Maggie Three Names go before the press and deny they requested pardons? Or do they testify to the committee as to such? Why would they request pardons?

But hey, totally normal behavior of our elected officials. I heard Hunter has requested multiple pardons from Brandon but Brandon's giving out some tough love. Wonder who else in POOTWH's orbit requested or was considered for pardons? Any guesses? Sure do hope some of the dem states consider some charges, otherwise POOTWH or Deathsantis will be doing the dirty deeds. Speaking of which, why else do you think Ghouliani's boy is running for gubner of NY?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    the only people who do not ask for pardons are innocent people.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Devin Nunca’s salary at “Truth” Social after hiding in the bushes outside the White House and leaking committee investigation information: $750,000 per year.

Mark Field of Weeds Meadows’ charity received $1,000,000 donation after planning a coup against America’s democracy.

Jared Dear Boy receives a $2,000,000,000 “investment” to his investment fund with a $25,000,000 guaranteed fee despite performance.

Sure, let’s be worried and discussing Hunter’s laptop or Brandon’s daughter’s diary, which in fact exist but just might pose a threat to the rule of law and our democracy. Good luck.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Rumor is that it is big....let's hope