2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,942
    Will there be any on StubHub? Wasn't the point of the F2F marketplace to prevent tickets from showing up on StubHub? I guess you could snag tickets with a dummy TM account and sell the login info, but that seems like a pain. I guess that would restrict the number even further, driving those prices up even more.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    mpedone said:
    Will there be any on StubHub? Wasn't the point of the F2F marketplace to prevent tickets from showing up on StubHub? I guess you could snag tickets with a dummy TM account and sell the login info, but that seems like a pain. I guess that would restrict the number even further, driving those prices up even more.
    MSG will be on Stubhub as NY has a law that doesn’t allow restriction of ticket transfer.

With the rescheduled date there will be another onsale after all the refunds. We will have another chance!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,462
    I refunded all my shows. So thats 2 first 10 row tickets for each. I wasnt going to let TM hold my money on sheer principle, and I also believed (still do) they cant handle the logistics of this and will cancel and reschedule anyway.

Either way, you can always get a ticket a day before the show or 2 if you try. Always.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    MSG will be getting more than 1 show this fall you would have to think on top of an east coast tour. This will drive the price down a lot. 
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,942
    mpedone said:
    MSG will be on Stubhub as NY has a law that doesn’t allow restriction of ticket transfer.

With the rescheduled date there will be another onsale after all the refunds. We will have another chance!

Ah, right! I forgot about that. I remember there being another state with that law. Colorado? I wasn't trying for tix to those shows, so it didn't really impact me.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    edited February 2022
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:

Ah, right! I forgot about that. I remember there being another state with that law. Colorado? I wasn't trying for tix to those shows, so it didn't really impact me.
    IL is the other!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:

Illinois as well 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,080
    PJNB said:
    MSG will be getting more than 1 show this fall you would have to think on top of an east coast tour. This will drive the price down a lot. 
    I don’t want to be too negative, but I read the straight cancellation of Baltimore without any plan for restitution as a pretty bad sign for the prospects of a broader east coast tour later this year. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,120
    tdawe said:
    PJNB said:
    I don’t want to be too negative, but I read the straight cancellation of Baltimore without any plan for restitution as a pretty bad sign for the prospects of a broader east coast tour later this year. 
    I'm struggling with not being too negative. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • estarr31estarr31 Posts: 575
    The BAL news sucks for that show but this honestly is good news for the tour IMO. Means they're making moves. BAL only getting cancelled b/c that arena is undergoing renovations until Feb 2023. Cancellation is a last resort for them. 

It has zero bearings on a Fall tour as well. They could play in BAL or just skip it and play PHI/NY which is probably the original plan. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • PJNB said:
    Is the rumor now that MSG will be in the fall?  I had heard May, and I'm getting nervous because I'll be travelling for the first week and a half of that month.
    tdawe said:
    PJNB said:
    Not related at all imo. BAL won’t be ready till at least next spring. Having an east coast tour has nothing to do with that. Making up tickets at a different city for BAL is still a possibility but very unlikely I am guessing. 

• CrewCrew Posts: 299
    edited February 2022
    estarr31 said:
    The BAL news sucks for that show but this honestly is good news for the tour IMO. Means they're making moves. BAL only getting cancelled b/c that arena is undergoing renovations until Feb 2023. Cancellation is a last resort for them. 

It has zero bearings on a Fall tour as well. They could play in BAL or just skip it and play PHI/NY which is probably the original plan. 
    Some of us only had that show, and we don't care about how good it is for news on the rest of the tour.  

It's even more salt in the wound that there's literally been no communication straight from the band yet, with the exception of that news blurb from yesterday that is buried on the site.  There are probably people who still don't know.

JimmyV said:
    tdawe said:
    I'm struggling with not being too negative. 
    I'm REALLY struggling with not being too negative.  I'm not even mad; it was expected... I'm disappointed with how it was handled.

Everything about this - how the EV tour was prioritized, how there was no updates on rescheduling, and to find out secondhand through the forums / TM that the event was cancelled without any emails or social media update - it all just rubs me the wrong way.  

Also tired of the people saying, "it was completely out of the band's hands; they did everything they could" - while that might be true with regards to the renovation, they could've been FAR more transparent about the how they communicated ANY of it to the fans.  Let us know that you're trying hard to reschedule, but do it *while* you're rescheduling - don't tell us in conjunction with telling us that the show has been cancelled.
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,247
    I wonder if the North America Tour will get a second leg,and if so,when and where? Coming back to Raleigh,NC would be a good start.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,203
    joseph33 said:
    I wonder if the North America Tour will get a second leg,and if so,when and where? Coming back to Raleigh,NC would be a good start.
    Yes.  In the fall. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • estarr31estarr31 Posts: 575
    to find out secondhand through the forums / TM that the event was cancelled without any emails or social media update - it all just rubs me the wrong way.  

Of course it sucks for BAL ticket holders. I said it did but it is good news for the tour because they're finally announcing things. And secondhand info is just that until an official release which came yesterday. The news came from the band so don't be upset with lack of info. They just provided it! 

I'd be frustrated too with how things played out the past two years but the band could've cancelled these dates then and they didn't. They can't control an arena renovation or a pandemic. I fully believe the recent spikes have also delayed formal announcements. Just a "lets see how this plays out" type thing before committing again after such a  long delay. They do not want to have to reschedule again. 

Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,043
    PJNB said:

If they are doing Canada this Fall here's also hoping they do a 2nd in Toronto. 
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:

Yes! 
  • demetrios said:
    PJNB said:

Might as well toss 2 or 3 Winnipeg shows in there as well. You gotta take a piss break somewhere between Toronto and Calgary.

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

• uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    I’ve said it a few times in this thread but I really hope they don’t wait till Fall for the Canadian dates. 

We’re on the verge of reopening and allowing full capacity in March. May would be a good time for reschedule; waiting till later in the year is risky. 

• bbiggs said:
    joe159 said:
    Forgive me if this has already been discussed but I wonder if our seats will be the same for the rescheduled shows? If 10c members opted for refunds will that move other members to a better spot? 
    I would say an improvement to 10C seats has a near 0% chance.  Ticketmaster will just gobble up the empty seats that they issued refunds for, offer them for exorbitant "platinum" prices, sell a few and then release the balance at a fraction of the platinum cost as the show approaches.  Rinse and repeat.

Bingo GIFs  Tenor
  • demetrios said:
    PJNB said:

It’s called Hamilton.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:

It’s called Hamilton.  
     Let’s have both! 
  • Just updating info about the refund window, I believe the tour will be confirmed soon (before EV tour is done)as the window still remaining 3/3/22. I wrote again to TM fan support and they replied as follows:

**SD Tickets

"We have confirmed that the Event Organizer has postponed your event. We understand that you might not be able to make the new date when it’s announced.

The Event Organizer is offering refunds until March 3, 2022, and you should see the Request Refund option under the order in your Ticketmaster account. This option will be available until the Event Organizer either cancels or reschedules the event, at which point you will receive a new communication about the status of your order. 
         1) Go back to the Event Details page in your online account
         2) Click “See Details”
         3) Select “Request Refund”
    If you don’t see a refund link, please chat with us, and we will assist you with your refund.
    Any and all refunds will be processed to the original method of payment used at the time of purchase, once funds are received from the Event Organizer, which is usually completed within 30 days. Please see our purchase policy for more information".

PJ - Irvine,CA (06,03,03) SP, Brazil (12,02,05), SP, Brazil (12,03,05) ,SP, Brazil (11,03,11),  SP, Brazil (11,04,11), SP, Brazil (03,31,13), SP, Brazil (11,14,15), Ft Lauderdale, FL (04,08,16), Miami, FL (04,09,16), SP,Brazil(03,24,18)Chicago, IL(08,18,18), Chicago, IL(08,20,18), San Diego, CA (05,03,22), Los Angeles, CA (05/06/22), Los Angeles, CA (05/07/22) , Oakland, CA(05/12/22), Los Angeles,CA (05/21/24), Los Angeles,CA(05/22/24) - EV - SP, Brazil 2015/2018, 

I hope you are right! 
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    Imagine 2022 gets wiped out by an Upsilon (or whatever) variant, and Royal Farms finishes the reno before any shows happen.   Sorry, the things one thinks about these days....
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,493
    RR258111 said:
    Just updating info about the refund window, I believe the tour will be confirmed soon (before EV tour is done)as the window still remaining 3/3/22. I wrote again to TM fan support and they replied as follows:

**SD Tickets

"We have confirmed that the Event Organizer has postponed your event. We understand that you might not be able to make the new date when it’s announced.

The Event Organizer is offering refunds until March 3, 2022, and you should see the Request Refund option under the order in your Ticketmaster account. This option will be available until the Event Organizer either cancels or reschedules the event, at which point you will receive a new communication about the status of your order. 
         1) Go back to the Event Details page in your online account
         2) Click “See Details”
         3) Select “Request Refund”
    If you don’t see a refund link, please chat with us, and we will assist you with your refund.
    Any and all refunds will be processed to the original method of payment used at the time of purchase, once funds are received from the Event Organizer, which is usually completed within 30 days. Please see our purchase policy for more information".
    still not seeing a refund option for the Ottawa show. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    edited February 2022
    PJNB said:
    I hope you are right! 
    Same here, but it also seems like March 3 is the *latest* they can announce the new dates or make a business decision to extend the refund window with Ticketmaster.

Looking at the calendar, that provides about a week between the last EV show and the current refund window. Guessing a tease to keep fan club membership updated around 2/24, new date announcement on Monday, 2/28, and the refund window through end of March.
    Post edited by tschav on
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    tschav said:
    PJNB said:
    I hope you are right! 
    Same here, but it also seems like March 3 is the *latest* they can announce the new dates or make a business decision to extend the refund window with Ticketmaster.

Looking at the calendar, that provides about a week between the last EV show and the current refund window. Guessing a tease to keep fan club membership updated around 2/24, new date announcement on Monday, 2/28, and the refund window through end of March.
    2/24 is 2 years to the day that I won my Apollo tickets.  Would be super fitting for an announcement. I’m going with 2/24. Lol
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,563
    tschav said:
    PJNB said:
    I hope you are right! 

2/24 is 2 years to the day that I won my Apollo tickets.  Would be super fitting for an announcement. I’m going with 2/24. Lol
    Apollo thread is still my favorite thread on here. The last normal & fun thing we were all doing before... all this😅
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!