Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    No announcement but, hey, did you guys know Yield came out 24 years ago today?
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 519
    If they start in May they have from 4-5 weeks to tour if they want a bit of a break before Europe (if Europe happens). 

They have 15 dates to reschedule without the Apollo and Baltimore. Some rumors have pointed to the east coast in the fall. I’m kind of hoping they do the make up dates before adding new shows, especially if they add more arena shows. 

If they move Canada, NYC and a possible show in the Baltimore area to the fall they risk having to reschedule again if COVID roars back.

I just think if they’ve got a clear month and a bit where they feel they can safely tour they should honor the shows that have been delayed over two years. 
  • Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 197
    uglybabo said:
    If they start in May they have from 4-5 weeks to tour if they want a bit of a break before Europe (if Europe happens). 

They have 15 dates to reschedule without the Apollo and Baltimore. Some rumors have pointed to the east coast in the fall. I’m kind of hoping they do the make up dates before adding new shows, especially if they add more arena shows. 

If they move Canada, NYC and a possible show in the Baltimore area to the fall they risk having to reschedule again if COVID roars back.

I just think if they’ve got a clear month and a bit where they feel they can safely tour they should honor the shows that have been delayed over two years. 
    100% agree, risky breaking it up into 2 legs. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,680
    Maybe the bright side in this is that they are waiting to announce so they can announce all of 2022 at one time.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I’ve been reaching out to a few arenas to see if I can find anything out.  So far nothing.  One place said they don’t have a date yet.  It’s possible there is a date which hasn’t been shared with the the representative but if there truly is no date then it will be a while before an announcement.  
    No way Canada is in May so maybe the date is not set yet. I am hoping it all gets announced at once and soon but maybe the fall is "pencilled" in at the moment and we wont hear about that until July. 
    I never said I contacted any Canadian arenas.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    Maybe the bright side in this is that they are waiting to announce so they can announce all of 2022 at one time.
    Yeah, if that is the case, then completely fine
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    If there are ballparks in the plan they are going to want to announce asap. 
    Lady Gaga ever announce her Fenway date? Asking for a friend... 
    lol, I’m pretty sure you know that answer Jeff, or should I say LGNB.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    At this point I think we would all settle for an announcement on when the announcement will be. I still gotta believe this tour is booked, the hold up only being the typical concert announcement/ticket sales contract rules/red tape. Given what we know about Covid now and the way Covid tapered off last spring/early summer before coming back end of summer and fall, can't see a covid concern being a hold up, May/June is the best time to get this thing done. 

As others have noted, there are enough people here with connections to various arenas/promoters that if the dates were set, we'd hear rumors. I'm thinking they're still trying to figure out what's happening when, and I have to imagine Baltimore is a massive wrench.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    Seriously, a ten club email about vinyl. Got excited for a minute that maybe we were getting dates.
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    At this point I think we would all settle for an announcement on when the announcement will be. I still gotta believe this tour is booked, the hold up only being the typical concert announcement/ticket sales contract rules/red tape. Given what we know about Covid now and the way Covid tapered off last spring/early summer before coming back end of summer and fall, can't see a covid concern being a hold up, May/June is the best time to get this thing done. 

As others have noted, there are enough people here with connections to various arenas/promoters that if the dates were set, we'd hear rumors. I'm thinking they're still trying to figure out what's happening when, and I have to imagine Baltimore is a massive wrench.
    I have to imagine most dates for May are already penciled in.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    been going down/back up for the last bit. could this be a sign? or another let down?

Post edited by johnny__utah on
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    could this be a sign? or another let down?

I've been getting the same thing since around 1 PM.  I cant imagine that being caused by a single record being added to the shop.  Hopefully someone is working on the back end of things web related to give us something good!
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,066
    PJNB said:
    I’ve been reaching out to a few arenas to see if I can find anything out.  So far nothing.  One place said they don’t have a date yet.  It’s possible there is a date which hasn’t been shared with the the representative but if there truly is no date then it will be a while before an announcement.  
    No way Canada is in May so maybe the date is not set yet. I am hoping it all gets announced at once and soon but maybe the fall is "pencilled" in at the moment and we wont hear about that until July. 
    Is this where we all guess what arenas you contacted? I will start. Was it STL or NASH? 
  • Options
    Wasn't the site down like this pre Seattle announcement too in 2018? Hopefully a sign of something coming soon and not just a record drop. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    PJNB said:
    Wasn't the site down like this pre Seattle announcement too in 2018? Hopefully a sign of something coming soon and not just a record drop. 
    think so. probably nothing, but gives a little glimmer of hope.
    Post edited by johnny__utah on
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Yes it was
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Yes it was
    So you're telling me tomorrow is going to be the day! 

• Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 495
    maybe
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Is this where we all guess what arenas you contacted? I will start. Was it STL or NASH? 
    I contacted STL, NASH, DEN, OKC and BAL. Baltimore never responded but read my message 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    I contacted STL, NASH, DEN, OKC and BAL. Baltimore never responded but read my message 
    Nice work. I would not imagine that the person would disclose much are anything even if they did know but it is always worth a shot. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,002
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    I applaud you, sir. Fine work. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I think Canada can be May.... at least in Ontario - 100%.  Even QC is now allowing restaurants again... I say by April they will be good too... certainly by May.  But who knows anything anymore.............................  crossing fingers!!!
  • Options
    woolyman said:
    PJNB said:
    I think Canada can be May.... at least in Ontario - 100%.  Even QC is now allowing restaurants again... I say by April they will be good too... certainly by May.  But who knows anything anymore.............................  crossing fingers!!!
    It definitely can, but based on previous information, sounds unlikely
  • Options
    woolyman said:
    PJNB said:
    It definitely can, but based on previous information, sounds unlikely
    What information?  The rumour of NYC being moved to fall?
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    edited February 2022
    I have a distant source for msg. Good friend of a friend type deal, but creditable.  Last I heard in late November 2021, Pearl Jam was still working things out and MSG has a handful of dates on hold. They hadn't finalized anything and may not for another month or so.
    I assumed this was in regards to if they were playing there in may or the fall like other rumors point to. Haven’t heard anything since, but have been trying to get an update. 

Edited… commas make a world of difference 
    Post edited by MakeUSmile on
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    I have a distant source for msg. Good friend of a friend type deal, but creditable.  Last I heard late November Pearl Jam was still working things out, and MSG has a handful of dates on hold. They hadn't finalized anything and may not for another month or so.
    I assumed this was in regards to if they were playing there in may or the fall like other rumors point to. Haven’t heard anything since, but have been trying to get an update. 

Nice! Would this put Canada in December I wonder.... 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I have a distant source for msg. Good friend of a friend type deal, but creditable.  Last I heard late November Pearl Jam was still working things out, and MSG has a handful of dates on hold. They hadn't finalized anything and may not for another month or so.

Nice! Would this put Canada in December I wonder.... 
    wait…to clarify,  I heard this in late November 2021. Not that PJ had dates on hold for late November 2022. Just reread that and I think I worded It weird. 
  • Options

Do you mean you heard the rumour in late November (2021) or the shows are in late November (2022)?
  • Options
    uglybabo said:

Do you mean you heard the rumour in late November (2021) or the shows are in late November (2022)?
    See my post above.  Heard the rumor in November 2021. I’ll go back and edit. I worded it weird
  • Options
    uglybabo said:

See my post above.  Heard the rumor in November 2021. I’ll go back and edit. I worded it weird
    Thanks for clarifying!